Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? (24355 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by gift2xl: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2020
Yes am in church. If yea know the manner of spirit yea are made of, thou will not fear any thing, bz the scripture say " he that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world. The name of the lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs in and they are safe. Proverb 18:10
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by 77up(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:
we didn't see this type of thread on Friday.

are Christians the only one gathering for religious purposes in this country?
It was not even about asking questions on Friday weather peaople are going to mosque or not but outright order that jummat Services suspended though, trust some over religious ones to go against the order anyway.

Let's blame it on our mod for not putting it up for us to see, check my wall , I even created a thread on that.

May God protect us and heal the world.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2020
HARYOMIDE1994:

God bless you for this. I am not supporting Christians to go to Church today but whoever must come to equity must come with clean hands. Our Dear President attended Jumaat on Friday and heaven didn't come down. We are claiming that this thing spreads amidst gatherings but nobody hiccuped on it on Friday, it is now Sunday that we are opening our mouths to talk.

Chaiii, let us forget nepotism, sentimentalism, religious bigotry, and engage the truth.
you know seun,mynd44 and the rest are biased against Christians.

even some of the so-called atheist here are Muslims creating alternate account to slander the Bible
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by WilsonGideon1: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I've gone and I'm back. Very few persons in church. My church is taking precautionary measures, Twenty people in the whole cathedral,20 minutes service, no sunday school service,no handshakes,no instruments and no waiting after sessions.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2020
77up:
It was not even about asking questions on Friday weather peaople are going to mosque or not but outright order that jummat Services suspended though, trust some over religious ones to go against the order anyway.

[/b]Let's blame it on our mod for not putting it up for us to see[b], check my wall , I even created a thread on that.

May God protect us and heal the world.
Someone here just reminded me that our president attended Jumaat on Friday.

You now agree with me that the moderators are biased against Christians? That their agenda is to paint Christianity bad?
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by 77up(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2020
destinychildolu:
I am surprised seeing over 200 in the church
I am surprised that you still went amidst all the issues.

Pls let's protect ourselves so that we can worship God in good health .

Many of the dead in Italy and China too are God worshipers.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Mekanus(m): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2020
Isaacmacdon:

Petty. I would've said one or two things, but I can assure you that this "unchangeable changer" God will answer this question in due time.

The most amazing part? He's so merciful. You're like a lost sheep who doesn't know its left or right. And that's fine! That's why he'll first of all allow grace take its cause in your life first.

PS: JUST SO YOU KNOW, HE'S A CONSUMING FIRE. You're no match for him. You're like a puff of breath. You're sand, ash n water. It takes 2weeks before a human of transforms into this after death.

Your choice! Your way!
Your God is a consuming fire and he can't consume a microscopic thing as corona virus? What a useless God you've got, better throw that God in the trash...

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by AmazingELixir: 10:04am On Mar 22, 2020
stevmatt15:

Then the whole of your generation is ignorant.

If u like hide inside the pit, corona go still catch you
Mumu, church and market which place get crowd pass, see them. Stupid people everywhere

And these are the words of a devoid Christian keep deceiving yourself it is like ilks that steal offering money.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Roon9(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2020
freethinker01:

Why not kill yourself when you know you'll eventually die?
Death is inevitable for everyone so don't make it a Christian thingy.

Freethinker that can't think... Wow
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by AmazingELixir: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2020
stevmatt15:

Then the whole of your generation is ignorant.

If u like hide inside the pit, corona go still catch you
Mumu, church and market which place get crowd pass, see them. Stupid people everywhere

.....And these are the words of a devout Christian keep deceiving yourself it is like ilks that steal offering money.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2020
Why are you apologising to God?
DenreleDave:
As for me, God I'm so sorry I wunt be going.. This one they said 50 per church, b4 I reach church, 50 go don full.. Actually I am not scared of corona virus but since an order came from above that public gathering shud be limited, so I wunt be going.

RCCG in da house

Happy Sunday to you all!
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:11am On Mar 22, 2020
Is God a building? Is it not sinful to put lives including Christian lives at risk?

stevmatt15:
Corona is too small to stop me from going to see my God in His Temple and Tabernacle.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Zombiekiller010: 10:12am On Mar 22, 2020
Church KO church ni

1 Like

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2020
More Christians on Nairaland than Muslims. Also, no one asked this question on Friday.

Lostz:

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Lawalatm: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Simple real life reasoning isn't common...….Think before you utter...….What you don't know is and will always be greater than what you know...soooo kindly adjust your reasoning to comprehend the TRUTH (That's if you are among those empowered to understand) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

CAPSLOCKED:
What is the importance of "an almighty unchangeable changer" God, if he cannot solve simple real life matters?

All the major religions in the world have all lost their voices. They're isolating and hiding, begging science for the medicine, instead of trusting in their prayers?

"If prayers worked, Ambulances will be driving to Churches instead of Hospitals".
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by 77up(m): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2020
Sultty:

I think ṣeun should restrict commenting on a Christian thread just like d Islam section. Let non Christians agree that Jesus is their lord and saviour
Bro just visit Islam thread on Friday, you will see the level of hates , islamphobia on it despite the oath just imagine there is none. I know it is so on Christian thread here on Sunday too but never up to that on Friday.

I just don't understand why we hate each other's religion and tribe.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2020
Is it Christianlike to put other people's lives at risk?

Roon9:

Lols! I'm in church already bro. If you had half a brain you'd have known the directive is from the government. Moreso oga we enjoy submitting our 10% or even 100% to our pastors. I seriously wonder how it concerns your sorry life. You go about this space sounding like a broken record all to what end? Get a life bro!
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by adams123: 10:15am On Mar 22, 2020
is not in the Bible to go to church on Sunday so why wasting time...I lie?
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2020
Just got back from service
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Mizik(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I know you're Christian and blinded by doctrine so there's nothing here for you to see. But I think it is important for you to change your name from mizwisdom because you're not wise at all, a dullard is more useful than you will ever be.

How can we have "freewill" when God made a perfect plan? this is a silly Christian excuse to absolve God of any blame when things go wrong.
There's even a song for this.... "when Jesus says no, nobody can say yes".

This means for all that we do with our "freewill", no matter how wrong, including things like killing innocent small children and bombing families inside churches in northern Nigeria, they simply happen because Jesus has said "yes".

if you truly believe in "freewill", why is it that when someone does evil, the person is blamed and arrested and even killed. but when we do good, such as a doctor performing successful operations, or a philanthropist or good Samaritan does good, we hardly praise these people. we always thank God for a successful flight, or successful operation, or successful this and that, and not thanking the pilots, doctors and other humans who supposedly acted with their "freewill"?

do you know that while we're blaming scientists for this virus, because of freewill, we're already thanking God for the cure and survival rate instead of thinking about all the humans who worked round the clock with their "freewill" to make this happen?

FREEWILL is a bullshit and selfish concept invented to prevent God from judgement, and blame mere humans for all of God's mistakes and insufficiency.

well said!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2020
The ones that have sense with educated leaders have decider to follow common sense. As for the obstinate others, they are lucky their county is not capable of throwing them in jail.

Emmanuel226:
will u pls just shut up.
How many mosques wey Don close or limit their numbers since den??
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2020
[quote author=stevmatt15 ]Corona is too small to stop me from going to [b]see my God in His Temple and Tabernacle.[b] [quote]

God is everywhere... He is omnipresent!!!...

Still good you went to fellowship with the brethren.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by aragon4realz(m): 10:21am On Mar 22, 2020
Fortuna2:
Yes, I've gone and I'm back. Very few persons in church. My church is taking precautionary measures, just three persons on a pew and no handshakes. Communion is no longer placed on the tongue but the palms. May God heal the world, Amen.
what if the pastor or rev is the one with the virus what happened then
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Roon9(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2020
Sterope:
Is it Christianlike to put other people's lives at risk?

No ma, we were less than 30 at the service and we all kept a reasonable distance
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by stinggy(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2020
stevmatt15:
Corona is too small to stop me from going to see my God in His Temple and Tabernacle.
Your body is his temple
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by godkiller(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2020
Emmanuel226:
grin dat tin dey tire person Sha(to dey type in capital letters) undecided

Lol, e tire am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2020
aragon4realz:

what if the pastor or rev is the one with the virus what happened then
In my church, priests wash up before distributing communions.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by ndcide(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2020
pickatyou:
Some are still attending. One mumu like that said our pastor said we must come o.
I hope his pastor is strong enough to heal him if by any means he contracts the sickness.

Now the whole world is dependent on the scientists they criticize, we all pray they see the cure ASAP.

Are you or any of your family members closely or distant, going to work or business place or any place of interest tomorrow?

If so, are they mumu?

Wisdom is the principal thing. Get it and you won't just say anything, anywhere.

God bless you
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Sterope(f): 10:28am On Mar 22, 2020
6ft is the recommended distance. Did you keep that? It is great you took some measures anyways. However, the best thing is to keep away. There are online church services you can watch and listen to.

Roon9:

No ma, we were less than 30 at the service and we all kept a reasonable distance

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:30am On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:

Don't mind them, as I speak a mosque is on loud speaker!!!

Yet they hardly mention them when it comes to noise pollution undecided
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by LabDNA: 10:30am On Mar 22, 2020
I just finished attending mass on AIT.
Re: Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? by semyman: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2020
Lostz:

Friday is for serious business and not for socializing and entertainment by charlatans
If you know, you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos) / Nigerian Bishops: "All Church Hospitals Can Be Used For COVID-19 Patients"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.