Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (18212 Views)

Lets Wake Up...!!! Oh Nigerian Youth / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Oba Obateru Akinruntan Hijacks Election Materials In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by rasputinn(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2011
comechop:

you wonder if boko haram is 'hijacking' the religion - or actually truly living it out. . . .

I thunk they're living it
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2011
@BetaThings-You my friend are wrong & I'll deconstruct your argument in detail.

Please note that I live with muslims & I love & respect them.

BetaThings:

You are wrong on Wahabi Islam, go and read a book by that title written by Prof Natana De Bass - a christian scholar in the US.

You are wrong- Please read this link by Chivas a non-profit in the UK and let me know if you cannot identify Wahabism
http://www.civitas.org.uk/press/prcs87.php

BetaThings:

Let a christian nation be invaded by a foreign one, you will be shocked at the rapid stripping away of all that veneer of civilisation. Go and read stories about the Bosnia wars and you will be which shocked what happened in modern Europeans 20 years ago.

This is another misnomer- There’s no such thing as a ‘christian nation’ governed by the Bible. Whereas we have countless ‘Muslim nations’ governed by Quran. That’s the difference. Anything a secular state does should be read within the context of secularity & as you say ‘the beast in us’.
You go read the Bosnian wars again & you find how many Christian Bosinan serbs died fighting to defend Sarajevo on behalf of their Bosnian muslims brothers. The war was essentially an ethnic one as the Bosnian muslims are actually serbs who converted to Islam during Ottoman occupation.

BetaThings:

Abusing Saudi Arabia is cheap but wrong. Who provided the intelligence to stop the mail bomb? Do you know what the Saudis did to frustrate Al-Qaeda? Right now, they are building a wall at their border with Yemen. You think the terrorist who approached their minister of interior (with a bomb embedded in the terrorist's body) was being sponsored by that country

Saudi sponsorship of the wahabi doctrine did not start today & they are only reaping the fruits of what they have sown over the years. So I may add is America which sponsored some of these terrorists in their fight against communism.
And so will Nigeria if we do not check this pernicious cancer,because young unemployed men will be brainwashed into believing Heaven is a better option for them via martyrdom.

BetaThings:

I repeat that if Ghandi had been killed by the CIA and a despot imposed, you think the 2 countries would have been so chummy today? There are always people who feel cheated. The ways they seek redress differ. Look at ND, Saro Wiwa did not believe in violence, MEND do. A Bin Laden believes that injustice to muslims must be repelled by force of arms - Iraqi invasion was unjust. Is the country now more peaceful now.

I do not support America  in anyway because I think they are arrogant & support (until recently) most corrupt politicians in Africa.

However,I don’t know how old you are but you need to do some more research.
Osama bin Hiding’s problem had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It came as a result of being snubbed by the Saudi Royal family during the liberation of Kuwait (a muslim country) from the clutches of another muslim leader (saddam). Osama was an American ally up until that point- do read up about the mujahedeen in Afghanistan.

Your point on Saro Wiwa is very poignant- rather than make this issues religious-it should be political.

As I pointed out in some other thread, I would have understood if Abdulmuttalab had gone to protest against the government in Katsina state or his local govt in Funtua for the lack of medical facilities ,impoverishment of his people, but tell me what is his business with the Palestinian problem when he has 70% poverty rate in his state?
Like the Darfur issues,it seems muslims are fine with muslim on muslim injustice,but once the ‘aggressor’ is non-muslim it becomes a ‘religious’ issue rather than a political one.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by snowdrops(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2011
"wae" up call or "wake" up call?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by twinskenny(m): 10:11am On Jan 01, 2011
why are the muslims deceiving themselves ther ar all bunch of hypocrite and they will surely burn in hell
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2011
[b]Boko Haram, the Al Majiris, Al Qaeda, and all the different moslem sects have one thing in common:

1. They are stark illiterates

2. 99% are from extremely poor background.

3. They dont understand their religion and dont even have an ilk of islamic ideals and values which = humanity.
"When a man kills another man, its as if he killed the entirety of mankind", - the Holy Qu'ran.

4. And they belonged to an uncivilized islamic sect that doesnt even understand the meaning of education.

They are a societal trash, soulless lots who life holds no special meaning to, though they can be converted into fertilizers and employed beneficially. I see no difference between them and the guys in the creek blowing up everything in sight.
Its just objectives that differ. One is fighting for cash, the other is fighting to for an unknown cause; though usually the goal of some political puppet master.

Fix education. Make it free. Make it compulsory like the Japanese did. And the world wont know about terrorism come 2100. Such national or global initiative isnt such a bad idea.

Happy New Year Y'all. Lets persuade the president to make education free for all. And, please dont get blown up! grin[/b]
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2011
@auwal87 @moderator

please fix the heading: its not wae, its wake, its 2011. We gotta start having standards!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dSolution1: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2011
LoveKing:

@dsolution

WHAT IS FVCKING WRONG WITH YOU!!!

THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT SCENE. DIDNT YOU READ THE STORY A WHILE AGO? WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

WHY DO YOU ENJOY SEEING SPLIT BODIES AND BLOOD? WHAT DO YOU EVEN PREACH AT ALL?

PLEASE GET OFF NAIRALAND, AND REMOVE THAT OFFENSIVE PICTURE. WHY WOULD YOU BE SO HARD HEARTED?

GET IT OFF!!!!!!

Loveking
That was not an accident. It was a scene of robbery. A few Nigerians (maybe Southerners, Maybe Christians, maybe Northerners, maybe Muslims) came out at night, stopped innocent Nigerians and forcefully took both their hard earned money and their lives. What do we call those people. Was their attack religiously or politically motivated?

Man is evil. Man kills man mainly for money, goods, land, and possessions. Bomb blasts, and suicide bombing is no different. No matter what people say otherwise nearly ALL CONFLICT, ALL WARS, ALL VIOLENCE comes about when some person or group of persons believe they are losing something of value to them.

Loveking I am not hard hearted. I weep more than you.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by misterh(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2011
Have you stopped to think why these crises only occur in the North as if that is the only place where we have muslims? Have you read about what Islam says about violence? I can boldly say that the Boko Haram people are fighting based on their selfish interests. They claim that Islam is against western education but Islam is actually an advocate of knowledge and education. Their late leader was said to be using exotic automobiles and other technological devices which are the end result of education. ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE. Moreover i still believe that the people behind Boko Haram are after political gains, not religious gains. Other Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and a host of others are witnessing peaceful times while Nigeria is a hell on earth cos of some people who claim to fight for religion while they are only after their own gains. sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Ttaiwo84(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2011
twinskenny:

why are the muslims deceiving themselves ther ar all bunch of hypocrite and they will surely burn in hell
The fact is that everybody is entitle to his/her opinion about the subject under discussion,the fact remain muslims are not terrorist and our religion is not all about violence.and to Auwal jaa zaka lah hairan abt the topic u brought.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by twinskenny(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2011
Ttaiwo@83:

The fact is that everybody is entitle to his/her opinion about the subject under discussion,the fact remain muslims are not terrorist and our religion is not all about violence.and to Auwal jaa zaka lah hairan abt the topic u brought.

sharrap i hope u realize the truth soon, your religion is not all about violence you mean?? pls this is new year dont get my blood pumping, bunch of hypocrites
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Blazing99: 11:17am On Jan 01, 2011
[color=#006600][b]I am a christian and a born-again one. As much as my faith is different from Islam doesn't make me discriminate against Islam or its adherents. The problem which we have been facing within the past year in this country is not something I would blame on Islam but the radicalist in Islam. Every religion has its radical elements. Look through history and see how the radical hindus waged war against muslims that later let to the division of India in the 1940s or the radical roman catholics killed protestants in the 14th-15th century, the radical muslims in Jihads in various countries and a whole lot more.

What we have to do is think up a way to proffer a solution, not hate on muslims cos a sect comprising of less than 5% of muslims believe in radicalism. WE HAVE TO UNITE AGAINST ISLAMIC RADICALISM. All governors in muslim states should stand up to wipe this madness by discouraging it in every way possible. Nigeria's not the only country with muslims for goodness sakes, you have prosperous muslim states like Malaysia, UAE, Qatar, Morroco, Tunisia, Saudi arabia and a lot more. Let us learn from them. This task is up to our leaders who are presently promoting their political ambitions, rather than facing salient issues that could probably disintegrate Nigeria. We have an effective SSS, I think it is time for them to work harder to unveil the unknown facilitators of Islamic radicalism in Nigeria

Kudos to the poster for his start-up post. I recommend he does everything possible for this to be published in the dailies. [/b]
[/color]
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 11:29am On Jan 01, 2011
^^^^Do you have to post in bold red undecided
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by javarules(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2011
I am a Christian. I am talking to all the muslims.

the real problem is not the extremists who hardly have brains to think anything progressive and nice and have put a very bad image of Islam throughout the world. The real problem is you, and millions of Muslims like you who have done nothing to condemn or fight these extremists. They have taken your religion and not only have you not put up a fight, but you have not said a word. Wake up before it is too late!! Go ahead, verbally condem them, then fight and kill them while you still have the same religion that you once had, the religion of peace. Else in generations to come, the word Islam might as well mean violence(NOTE the direct opposite) in the dictionary!!!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Mubz(m): 12:08pm On Jan 01, 2011
twinskenny:

May God forgive you for this statement, i hope u will say Amen
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by sholasys: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
Pls NOTE THAT HAUSA OR FULANI DOES NOT HAVE CULTURE, ISLAM IS THERE CULTURE OK
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Adamo84(m): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2011
@byrron.I don't knw any verse in the Qur'an where Child Marriage is supported.Plz point the Chapter and Verse.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
BetaThings:

You are wrong on Wahabi Islam, go and read a book by that title written by Prof Natana De Bass - a christian scholar in the US. You are also wrong on medieval practices. Let a christian nation be invaded by a foreign one, you will be shocked at the rapid stripping away of all that veneer of civilisation. Go and read stories about the Bosnia wars and you will be which shocked what happened in modern Europeans 20 years ago. Fela said this will bring is the beast in us. He was correct.

Abusing Saudi Arabia is cheap but wrong. Who provided the intelligence to stop the mail bomb? Do you know what the Saudis did to frustrate Al-Qaeda? Right now, they are building a wall at their border with Yemen. You think the terrorist who approached their minister of interior (with a bomb embedded in the terrorist's body) was being sponsored by that country

I repeat that if Ghandi had been killed by the CIA and a despot imposed, you think the 2 countries would have been so chummy today? There are always people who feel cheated. The ways they seek redress differ. Look at ND, Saro Wiwa did not believe in violence, MEND do. A Bin Laden believes that injustice to muslims must be repelled by force of arms - Iraqi invasion was unjust. Is the country now more peaceful now.

We can start by challenging people to publish the prophetic tradition that supports suicide under ANY circumstance. Suicide is a sin that one is not able to repent from and that should be emphasized.

Muttallab's action has not benefitted muslims. Not just because he failed. Even if he had succeeded, the "strip searching" of muslims would still have happened.

brother you are talking as if you don’t live in this planet.the wahhabis that are exporting extremism and terrorism and trying to portray themselves as “holier than thou” are hypocrites.the saudi government which backs this form of extremism only do it so as to control and lay hold on the ignorant and helpless people.they themselves don’t abide by their rules.take a look at a wikileak cable that exposed a saudi prince that threw a party in one of the villas and how alcohol was served love-peddlers were brought and all kinds of evil were done.the saudi government do not also represent their people.they use this form of Islam to control the people while they themselves don’t abide by it.they are puppets to foreign governments and only care about living lavishly and sucking the oil money.wahhabism is a disease to muslims and islam.

To those non-muslims blaming islam and condemning the Prophet.you should know that the Prophet and Islam have nothing to do with this arab jahiliyah terrorism.the first people to suffer from the jahiliyya terrorism that today is under the name of wahhabism were the Prophet himself and his household.do you know how Hussain,the Prophet’s grandson was killed and his household massacred?he was beheaded by so called muslims.it is the element of the jahiliyyah and arab paganism of bloodshed and killing and inhumanity that have crept into sunni islam and manifested itself in the extreme form as wahhhabism in our present day.let us be frank.those non-muslims calling for muslims to condemn the terrorists that kill innocent people:do you know that the majority of (sunni) muslims don’t condemn the people that massacred the Prophet Muhammad’s household because they (those butchers) disguise themselves as muslims?this arab terrorism got nothing to do with the Prophet or Islam.the Prophet only defended himself against blood-thirsty arab pagans.the arab tradition of violence predates the Prophet Muhammad.it has its roots in arab paganism and igorance refered to as “jahiliyyah”.this tradition ceased during the days of the Prophet because with the help of God he brought them to their knees and established peace.once he passed away that same pagan bloodshed came back with the pagan converts to islam,many of whom were hypocrites claiming to be muslims in order to be embraced by the society at large and for their selfish gains.

This terrorism was first suffered by the Prophet’s family.and up to this day the wahhabis are killing and abusing the rights especially of the Shia and even the Sunnis as was the case in Iraq,when Sunnis refused to agree with the wahhabi al-qaeda ideology of death.the pagans and hypocrites claiming islam massacred the Prophet's family and took away their rights.and the household was patient through the days of calamities that befell them until finally Imam Hussain,the grandson of the Prophet had to be beheaded to rescue the sleeping muslims.it was that tragedy that made the muslims to wake up to the reality and overthrew the dynasty that was ruling known as banu umayya.but even to this day,sunnis (majority of them) don’t condemn most of those who caused harm to the Prophet’s household,the likes of Muawiya and his son Yazeed.so if someone does not condemn the people that killed his own prophet’s household,how do you expect him to condemn those that are doing these acts today against ordinary humans?its all done under the cover of islam,but in reality islam,the religion got nothing to do with these acts.the popular excuse sunnis give is that these events (against the Household or the Ahlul-Bayt)should be forgotten.we should not talk about them because they are in the past.that is a problem.those who don’t learn from the past will repeat the same mistakes.if we cannot condemn the terrorists and injustice and so called muslims who slaughtered and abuse the Prophet’s family,then how would you condemn the same acts today?

I am a Shia Muslim and I am not concealing that or trying to propagate my beliefs.i am also not attacking my sunni brothers.but it is time my sunni brothers wake up to these facts and learn from history and join hands with us Shia on the teachings of Islam,the way the Prophet and his Household taught us.let us learn from the sacrifice of Hussain in Karbala who refused to be intimidated in giving legitimacy to tyranny even when his life was at stake.it is our duty as muslims to condemn injustice and oppression and tyranny everywhere and at all times,past and present and future.the wahhabis have hijacked Islam through the sunni branch.they hide under sunni islam but they are not sunni per se.they are terrorists and extremists who propagate extreme ideas not compatible with what the Prophet taught us.they have a jahiliyya zeal of perpetrating bloodshed under an islamic cloak.that should be exposed.i am sorry to say,Islam does not have terrorism.there are muslims who do and those are the wahhabism also known as salafists.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2011
LagosShia:

brother you are talking as if you don’t live in this planet.the wahhabis that are exporting extremism and terrorism and trying to portray themselves as “holier than thou” are hypocrites.the saudi government which backs this form of extremism only do it so as to control and lay hold on the ignorant and helpless people.they themselves don’t abide by their rules.take a look at a wikileak cable that exposed a saudi prince that threw a party in one of the villas and how alcohol was served love-peddlers were brought and all kinds of evil were done.the saudi government do not also represent their people.they use this form of Islam to control the people while they themselves don’t abide by it.they are puppets to foreign governments that only care about living lavishly and sucking the oil money.wahhabism is a disease to muslims and islam.

To those non-muslims blaming islam and condemning the Prophet.you should know that the Prophet and Islam have nothing to do with this arab jahiliyah terrorism.the first people to suffer from the jahiliyya terrorism that today is under the name of wahhabism were the Prophet himself and his household.do you know how Hussain,the Prophet’s grandson was killed and his household massacred?he was beheaded by so called muslims.it is the element of the jahiliyyah and arab paganism of bloodshed and killing and inhumanity that have crept into sunni islam and manifested itself in the extreme form as wahhhabism in our present day.let us be frank.those non-muslims calling for muslims to condemn the terrorists that kill innocent people:do you know that the majority of muslims don’t condemn the people that massacred the Prophet Muhammad’s household because they (those butchers) disguise themselves as muslims?this arab terrorism got nothing to do with the Prophet or Islam.the Prophet only defended himself against blood-thirsty arab pagans.the arab tradition of violence predates the Prophet Muhammad.it has its roots in arab paganism and igorance refered to as “jahiliyyah”.this tradition ceased during the days of the Prophet because with the help of God he brought them to their knees and established peace.once he passed away that same pagan bloodshed came back with the pagan converts to islam,many of whom were hypocrites claiming to be muslims in order to be embraced by the society at large and for their selfish gains.

This terrorism was first suffered by the Prophet’s family.and up to this day the wahhabis are killing and abusing the rights especially of the Shia and even the Sunnis as was the case in Iraq,when Sunnis refused to agree with the wahhabi al-qaeda ideology of death.the pagans and hypocrites claiming islam massacred the Prophet's family and took away their rights.and the household was patient through the days of calamities that befell them until finally Imam Hussain,the grandson of the Prophet had to be beheaded to rescue the sleeping muslims.it was that tragedy that made the muslims to wake up to the reality and overthrew the dynasty that was ruling known as banu umayya.but even to this day,sunnis (majority of them) don’t condemn most of those who caused harm to the Prophet’s household,the likes of Muawiya and his son Yazeed.so if someone does not condemn the people that killed his own prophet’s household,how do you expect him to condemn those that are doing these acts today against ordinary humans?its all done under the cover of islam,but in reality islam,the religion got nothing to do with these acts.the popular excuse sunnis give is that these events (against the Household or the Ahlul-Bayt)should be forgotten.we should not talk about them because they are in the past.that is a problem.those who don’t learn from the past will repeat the same mistakes.if we cannot condemn the terrorists and injustice and so called muslims who slaughtered and abuse the Prophet’s family,then how would you condemn the same acts today?

I am a Shia Muslim and I am not concealing that or trying to propagate my beliefs.i am also not attacking my sunni brothers.but it is time my sunni brothers wake up to these facts and learn from history and join hands with us Shia on the teachings of Islam,the way the Prophet and his Household taught us.let us learn from the sacrifice of Hussain in Karbala who refused to be intimidated in giving legitimacy to tyranny even when his life was at stake.it is our duty as muslims to condemn injustice and oppression and tyranny everywhere and at all times,past and present and future.the wahhabis have hijacked Islam through the sunni branch.they hide under sunni islam but they are not sunni per se.they are terrorists and extremists who propagate extreme ideas not compatible with what the Prophet taught us.they have a jahiliyya zeal of perpetrating bloodshed under an islamic cloak.that should be exposed.i am sorry to say,Islam does not have terrorism.there are muslims who do and those are the wahhabism also known as salafists.

I have been waiting for somebody to raise this issue since, it is very clear that the cankerworm this bloody saudi arabians released is what is eating at the world today, bin laden got his crazy ideas from wahabism, and they have controlled their own state with a tight fist crushing every single opposition. I think you Shia muslims like the catholics are handicapped. It is easier to spread prosperity message like protestants the same way these sunni dudes are spreading violence. Go and check the quarans produced in riyadh they contain inciting messages from the very first page. The problem is not so many people would settle down to understand which sect of islam is doing this or why all they know is that you are all muslims. Shame bug Shame, no wonder the saudi arabians want their shia brothers in iran nuked. These are the reasons I hate organised religion.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

I have been waiting for somebody to raise this issue since, it is very clear that the cankerworm this bloody saudi arabians released is what is eating at the world today, bin laden got his crazy ideas from wahabism, and they have controlled their own state with a tight fist crushing every single opposition. I think you Shia muslims like the catholics are handicapped. It is easier to spread prosperity message like protestants the same way these sunni dudes are spreading violence. Go and check the quarans produced in riyadh they contain inciting messages from the very first page. The problem is not so many people would settle down to understand which sect of islam is doing this or why all they know is that you are all muslims. Shame bug Shame, no wonder the saudi arabians want their shia brothers in iran nuked. These are the reasons I hate organised religion.

it is pitiful people dont try to differeniate.they just lump everything and everyone up as "muslims" and "islam".at the end of the day more innocent people get victimized and the entire religion is defamed unjustly.

can anyone give one example where a Shia Muslim have blew himself up among innocent people and in market places?not one!!!that is because the Quran does not tell us to kill innocent people but rather it speaks against the killing of the innocent and those who have not oppressed us.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by topatee: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
It’s so sad that creations of God can tear each other apart all in the name of the same God. I am Christian Yoruba and I remember my growing up days in Lagos, during Ed el Maloud all of us kid run to our Muslim friend home and eat the Ram together, during Xmas it’s our turn to share jolof rice with our Muslim friends. Our parents never raised eyebrow because we see each other as family.
It’s so sad now, that even on a thread we can tear each other apart. History had it, that there was a time when the Roman Christians were killing fellow believer all in the name of God, so it’s not strange to see same thing in the Islamic religion today.
The problem is not the religion,  it is the people that help us to interprets it. They do it to suit their own interest and pockets. The question that I posse to every fanatics is how many of our Leader kids participate in the killings or how many have died like the poor, the answer is NONE.
So they keep all their children in London and US and tell us to kill one another.
Nigerian Lets wake up to the evils of our so call leaders. education is the greatest legacy that anyone can give to his people when you are educated you see and interpret issues better.
al-Qaida and all the fanatics Leader feeds on the illiterates’ minds. When the Christian religion open up everybody saw the evil of the Romans.
It can happen also in the Islamic sect
I wish you all Happy new year and Nigeria will not die we have gone through worse
Shalom
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dSolution1: 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2011
Auwal87  There is Qur'anic backing for your call.It is the duty of ALL MUSLIMS everywhere to take back the religion from those who have caused the world to see Islam as a religion of violence and war.

Surah Al-Imran 3:104  Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong:

Narrated An−Nu`man bin Bashir: The Prophet said, "The example
of the person abiding by Allah's order and restrictions in
comparison to those who violate them is like the example of
those persons who drew lots for their seats in a boat.

Some of them got seats in the upper part, and the others in the lower.
When the latter needed water, they had to go up to bring water
(and that troubled the others), so they said, 'Let us make a
hole in our share of the ship (and get water) saving those who
are above us from troubling them.

So, if the people in the upper part left the others do what they had suggested, all the
people of the ship would be destroyed, but if they prevented
them, both parties would be safe."
Sahih Bukhari 3.674:
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
LagosShia:

it is pitiful people dont try to differeniate.they just lump everything and everyone up as "muslims" and "islam".at the end of the day more innocent people get victimized and the entire religion is defamed unjustly.

can anyone give one example where a Shia Muslim have blew himself up among innocent places and in market places?not one!!!that is because the Quran does not tell us to kill innocent people but rather it speaks against the killing of the innocent and those who have not oppressed us.
You know my brother people always have a way of paying for atrocities, the US and UK have made the wrong country an ally if for any reason Iran should be their ally. Now they have to pay for supporting a regime that wikileaks says is the ATM for terrorists worldwide. This does not mean the shia do not have their problem such as the many executions in iran but I have no qualms with that because if you believe it then be ready to stick by the repercussions.
The problem is these bombers are just looking for an excuse to end their lives so that they can begin another. Forgive me but if I become the president of any nation I would ban all religious practices, christian and muslim alike. Bulldoze all churches mosques and traditional practices homes, myopic I know but does anyone have a better solution I am all ears.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dSolution1: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
Auwal87 Please pass this on to ALL Muslims and Non-Muslims.

True Muslims must come together and stop all this violence, bombs and terrorism in the name of Islam. The Prophet Muhammad S.A.W has instructed ALL MUSLIMS to work to stop this assault on the religion.

Anas ibn Malik narrated that Allâh’s Messenger said, “Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.”  People asked, “O Allâh’s Messenger! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?”  The Prophet said, “By preventing him from oppressing others.”  (Bukhâri  3/624 and Muslim 4/6254)

The perpetrators of all  the bloodshed, all the hatred and violence, the stooges and thugs and puppets of those who do not want peace in Nigeria "THEY ARE THE OPPRESSORS"

We MUST STOP THEM. Is a COMMANDMENT, a piece of ADVICE, A FATWA from the Holy Prophet of Islam.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dSolution1: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2011
“Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.” People asked, “O Allâh’s Messenger! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” The Prophet said, “By preventing him from oppressing others.” (Bukhâri 3/624 and Muslim 4/6254)

The perpetrators of all the bloodshed, all the hatred and violence, the stooges and thugs and puppets of those who do not want peace in Nigeria "THEY ARE THE OPPRESSORS"

We MUST STOP THEM. This is a COMMANDMENT, a piece of ADVICE, A FATWA from the Holy Prophet of Islam.

“O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just and fear Allâh. For Allâh is Well-Acquainted with all that you do.” (Qur’ân 5: cool
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by deadie(m): 1:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
dSolution is a frigging m.oron. What does posting a gory picture of an accident (a lorry ran across the victims unknowingly as they were made to lie on the road by armed robbers) got to do with Islamic terrorism? Friggin m.oron.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by deadie(m): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2011
F you and your F'ing God or Allah or whatever he is called if he supports the death of innocents
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Remii(m): 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2011
Islam is a religion of peace, majority of Muslims are against the actions of the so called terrorists, Muslim governments in Arab worlds are daily wagging wars against them, Pakistan is killing Talibans every days, KSA flies jet fighters across the border to Yemen for the same purpose. The center for US military intelligence to fight Iraq war is located in Qatar, Back in Nigeria, are we saying those soldiers and police confronting the fanatics every now and then are non Muslims? Those who killed the Boko haram rioters are most likely Muslims.

The Islamic fanatics are very few and I believe jugding all Muslims with their actions is unfair. There are extremists in all other forms of religions too.
Suicide bombers are new to Islam, there were none in the times of Muhammad (PBOH) or the times of the guided successive companions, infact the 1st recorded suicide killer was Samson in the bible and later the Japanese Kamikazes bombers in the WWII in 1940s.

also the NIgerian northern leaders are not sincere to Islam, they refuse to give mass literacy to their people as done even in Arab world but gave their own children best of education at expence of the populace.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by revomind(m): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2011
Nigerian muslims like to kid themselves. Its basically a violent religion. Let's cut the crap and the long stories. Its also a backward one.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Blazing99: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
topatee:

It’s so sad that creations of God can tear each other apart all in the name of the same God. I am Christian Yoruba and I remember my growing up days in Lagos, during Ed el Maloud all of us kid run to our Muslim friend home and eat the Ram together, during Xmas it’s our turn to share jolof rice with our Muslim friends. Our parents never raised eyebrow because we see each other as family.
It’s so sad now, that even on a thread we can tear each other apart. History had it, that there was a time when the Roman Christians were killing fellow believer all in the name of God, so it’s not strange to see same thing in the Islamic religion today.
The problem is not the religion,  it is the people that help us to interprets it. They do it to suit their own interest and pockets. The question that I posse to every fanatics is how many of our Leader kids participate in the killings or how many have died like the poor, the answer is NONE.
So they keep all their children in London and US and tell us to kill one another.
Nigerian Lets wake up to the evils of our so call leaders. education is the greatest legacy that anyone can give to his people when you are educated you see and interpret issues better.
al-Qaida and all the fanatics Leader feeds on the illiterates’ minds. When the Christian religion open up everybody saw the evil of the Romans.
It can happen also in the Islamic sect
I wish you all Happy new year and Nigeria will not die we have gone through worse
Shalom

@ Topatee, You're so right. Let a forum be called where all leaders in the north outrightly reject this radicalism and anyone who does not reject it be condemned as one of their facillitators. The muslim leaders are very key in this.
@ Illusion2, It's my chocie bro so deal with it
@ Revomind, you sound very ignorant
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

You know my brother people always have a way of paying for atrocities, the US and UK have made the wrong country an ally if for any reason Iran should be their ally. Now they have to pay for supporting a regime that wikileaks says is the ATM for terrorists worldwide. This does not mean the shia do not have their problem such as the many executions in iran but I have no qualms with that because if you believe it then be ready to stick by the repercussions.
The problem is these bombers are just looking for an excuse to end their lives so that they can begin another. Forgive me but if I become the president of any nation I would ban all religious practices, christian and muslim alike. Bulldoze all churches mosques and traditional practices homes, myopic I know but does anyone have a better solution I am all ears.

Iran or any truly shia country cannot ally itself with any oppressor or america.that is what Islam teaches-justice!

we should not keep quiet when anyone is treated unjustly.the palestianians eventhough majority of them are sunnis are an oppressed people.they are unjustly victimized.the palestinians did not come from arabia to invade the holy land.the palestinians belong to that land.they are of jewish,canaanite,phoenician,greek,turkish, and roman and the least they are of arab decent.read about palestinians and their culture.they belong to that land.simply because they speak arabic doesnt mean they are ethnically arabs just like the black "arab" sudanese, they also adopted islam because of arab rule and administration.but those people are not arabs ethnically (at least the majority of them are not ethnic arabs) but they are linguistically arabs.anyone who speaks and adopt arabic as a language becomes an arab even if ethnically you were something else.that is a rule from time immemorial.many palestinian families have pure jewish genes/ancestry but are today muslims and they speak arabic.some are descendants of the samaritans.again they adopted islam as religion and speak arabic as a language after years of arab rule and domination.some are descendants of the canaanites who had a presence in palestine before the the israelites (ancestors of the present-day jews)stepped foot there.is it just to drive them away because they have a diffeernt religion called islam and they are not practicing judaism?even in the days of Jesus as the new testament records,the samaritans lived in the holy land and Jesus never bothered them and he never preached to them.does it make sense that these samaritans today who are similar to jews would be driven away from their ancestral home because they have become muslims or are known as "palestinians" because of arab rule over them that later came to them through the pure ethnically arabs from arabian?there are among these palestinians 25% of the total population who practice christianity.and some of those christian palestinian families have lived there for 5000 years!!!just the way we dont want anyone to oppress us,we must not also oppress others even if they are not muslims or are muslims.america used to sponsor the likes of bin laden and those wahhabi terrorists to do the dirty job against the soviets in places like afghanistan.now these terrorists have gone out of control.this same america is using the excuse of terrorists and terorism to give the palestinian cause a bad image and protect the israeli terror state.

when someone is against oppression,many will hate you.as for the executions you spoke about in Iran,what do you expect a government to do with criminals and murderers?they should be punished so that others learn.if the criminals are truly punished everywhere,believe me we will have less criminals everywhere.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Blazing99: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
@ Lagosshia, what is the name of your Shia sect in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2011
Remii:

Islam is a religion of peace, majority of Muslims are against the actions of the so called terrorists, Muslim governments in Arab worlds are daily wagging wars against them, Pakistan is killing Talibans every days, KSA flies jet fighters across the border to Yemen for the same purpose. The center for US military intelligence to fight Iraq war is located in Qatar, Back in Nigeria, are we saying those soldiers and police confronting the fanatics every now and then are non Muslims? Those who killed the Boko haram rioters are most likely Muslims.

those regimes are nothing but puppets you must also remember.the saudi plane that cross the border into yemen dont go there to fight al-qaeda or their terrorism.saudi planes went across the border out of sectarian hate for the Zaidi Shias in Yemen.the zaidis were raising an insurgence to fight their government because they are impoverished.the zaidis are not terrorists doing suicide bombings or killing innocent people.they are rebels fighting for a better living for the impoverished people in yemen.it is that fear that made saudi intervene.they fear the impoverish population of the shia of saudi arabic may do the same.so to them it is better to join hands with the corrupt yemeni government.that was the logic.and even that saudi arabia were beaten by the zaidis.the zaidis at a point in time during the war went deep into saudi territory.saudi arabia had to right to intervene in a purely yemeni internal problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Kids Are In School Mine Is At Home! / Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy / Senate Resolves Controversy On Successor In Event Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.