Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (18217 Views)

Lets Wake Up...!!! Oh Nigerian Youth / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Oba Obateru Akinruntan Hijacks Election Materials In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
LagosShia:

brother you are talking as if you don’t live in this planet.the wahhabis that are exporting extremism and terrorism and trying to portray themselves as “holier than thou” are hypocrites.the saudi government which backs this form of extremism only do it so as to control and lay hold on the ignorant and helpless people.they themselves don’t abide by their rules.take a look at a wikileak cable that exposed a saudi prince that threw a party in one of the villas and how alcohol was served love-peddlers were brought and all kinds of evil were done.the saudi government do not also represent their people.they use this form of Islam to control the people while they themselves don’t abide by it.they are puppets to foreign governments and only care about living lavishly and sucking the oil money.wahhabism is a disease to muslims and islam.

To those non-muslims blaming islam and condemning the Prophet.you should know that the Prophet and Islam have nothing to do with this arab jahiliyah terrorism.the first people to suffer from the jahiliyya terrorism that today is under the name of wahhabism were the Prophet himself and his household.do you know how Hussain,the Prophet’s grandson was killed and his household massacred?he was beheaded by so called muslims.it is the element of the jahiliyyah and arab paganism of bloodshed and killing and inhumanity that have crept into sunni islam and manifested itself in the extreme form as wahhhabism in our present day.let us be frank.those non-muslims calling for muslims to condemn the terrorists that kill innocent people:do you know that the majority of (sunni) muslims don’t condemn the people that massacred the Prophet Muhammad’s household because they (those butchers) disguise themselves as muslims?this arab terrorism got nothing to do with the Prophet or Islam.the Prophet only defended himself against blood-thirsty arab pagans.the arab tradition of violence predates the Prophet Muhammad.it has its roots in arab paganism and igorance refered to as “jahiliyyah”.this tradition ceased during the days of the Prophet because with the help of God he brought them to their knees and established peace.once he passed away that same pagan bloodshed came back with the pagan converts to islam,many of whom were hypocrites claiming to be muslims in order to be embraced by the society at large and for their selfish gains.

This terrorism was first suffered by the Prophet’s family.and up to this day the wahhabis are killing and abusing the rights especially of the Shia and even the Sunnis as was the case in Iraq,when Sunnis refused to agree with the wahhabi al-qaeda ideology of death.the pagans and hypocrites claiming islam massacred the Prophet's family and took away their rights.and the household was patient through the days of calamities that befell them until finally Imam Hussain,the grandson of the Prophet had to be beheaded to rescue the sleeping muslims.it was that tragedy that made the muslims to wake up to the reality and overthrew the dynasty that was ruling known as banu umayya.but even to this day,sunnis (majority of them) don’t condemn most of those who caused harm to the Prophet’s household,the likes of Muawiya and his son Yazeed.so if someone does not condemn the people that killed his own prophet’s household,how do you expect him to condemn those that are doing these acts today against ordinary humans?its all done under the cover of islam,but in reality islam,the religion got nothing to do with these acts.the popular excuse sunnis give is that these events (against the Household or the Ahlul-Bayt)should be forgotten.we should not talk about them because they are in the past.that is a problem.those who don’t learn from the past will repeat the same mistakes.if we cannot condemn the terrorists and injustice and so called muslims who slaughtered and abuse the Prophet’s family,then how would you condemn the same acts today?

I am a Shia Muslim and I am not concealing that or trying to propagate my beliefs.i am also not attacking my sunni brothers.but it is time my sunni brothers wake up to these facts and learn from history and join hands with us Shia on the teachings of Islam,the way the Prophet and his Household taught us.let us learn from the sacrifice of Hussain in Karbala who refused to be intimidated in giving legitimacy to tyranny even when his life was at stake.it is our duty as muslims to condemn injustice and oppression and tyranny everywhere and at all times,past and present and future.the wahhabis have hijacked Islam through the sunni branch.they hide under sunni islam but they are not sunni per se.they are terrorists and extremists who propagate extreme ideas not compatible with what the Prophet taught us.they have a jahiliyya zeal of perpetrating bloodshed under an islamic cloak.that should be exposed.i am sorry to say,Islam does not have terrorism.there are muslims who do and those are the wahhabism also known as salafists.

Well said bro.

I will go a step further & say a good number of the 'Islamic practices' are actually arabic pagan cultural practices. e.g Tawaff during the hajj. Beheading and stoning people etc

Remii:

Islam is a religion of peace, majority of Muslims are against the actions of the so called terrorists, Muslim governments in Arab worlds are daily wagging wars against them, Pakistan is killing Talibans every days, KSA flies jet fighters across the border to Yemen for the same purpose. The center for US military intelligence to fight Iraq war is located in Qatar, Back in Nigeria, are we saying those soldiers and police confronting the fanatics every now and then are non Muslims? Those who killed the Boko haram rioters are most likely Muslims.

The Islamic fanatics are very few and I believe jugding all Muslims with their actions is unfair. There are extremists in all other forms of religions too.
Suicide bombers are new to Islam, there were none in the times of Muhammad (PBOH) or the times of the guided successive companions, infact the 1st recorded suicide killer was Samson in the bible and later the Japanese Kamikazes bombers in the WWII in 1940s.

also the NIgerian northern leaders are not sincere to Islam, they refuse to give mass literacy to their people as done even in Arab world but gave their own children best of education at expence of the populace.
Samson is also in the Koran. Suicide bombing of large civilian population centres like we see it today started with the Tamil Tigers(Hindus).
The 'believers' obviously like to learn from 'Kafirs' grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2011
Blazing99:

@ Lagosshia, what is the name of your Shia sect in Nigeria?

there is nothing as "name of your shia sect in Nigeria".we are shia worldwide as there are sunnis.if you are talking about organizations like NASFAT,ANSARUDDIN,ETC those are not sects.they are propagation organizations.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dSolution1: 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
deadie:

dSolution is a frigging m.oron. What does posting a gory picture of an accident (a lorry ran across the victims unknowingly as they were made to lie on the road by armed robbers) got to do with Islamic terrorism? Friggin m.oron.

Let me guess. The armed robbers were teaching Sunday School to the people  lying down on the road. Oh i get your point. The xtian robbers were not terrorising the innocent people. The heart of man is evil. maybe some evil is less evil than others.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2011
dSolution?:

Let me guess. The armed robbers were teaching Sunday School to the people  lying down on the road. Oh i get your point. The xtian robbers were not terrorising the innocent people. The heart of man is evil. maybe some evil is less evil than others.
Christian robbers ? eh !  undecided

Are you part of the gang that you know what they worship  . . . .wonders will never end.

I'm sending your details to the IPO,you must substantiate your claim that the perpetrators of this dastardly act are actually christian.

God don catch you today ! Your IP has been identified,expect a call this week.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by ajetii(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
Man is evil. Man kills man mainly for money, goods, land, and possessions. Bomb blasts, and suicide bombing is no different. No matter what people say otherwise nearly ALL CONFLICT, ALL WARS, ALL VIOLENCE comes about when some person or group of persons believe they are losing something of value to them.

Thanks bro, i can see it from your point of view. I really wish you remove the picture though.

Your argument is constructive and does not involve any name calling or abusive language. Check out all the balderdash been vomitted by some people on Nairaland who have not said a single thing that will stop this circulous viciousus or vicious cycle in which Nigeria found herself but instead decides to heat up the system for reprisal atacks and counter attacks.

The problem is not alien to Nigerians, neither is it seen in Muslims alone, the bible says soul of man is desperately wicked.

The Northern and the Southern ireland christains have been in a terrible conflict for decades , which has led to the killings of thousands.

The terrible combination of politics and religion has had deadly consequences for some people living in Northern Ireland.
Catholics and Protestants have been vilifying, attacking, torturing and killing each other in a seemingly endless cycle which has recently begun to finally end.

Again we heard about a christain militia group called the Hutaree which is synonymous with Al-Queda/Boko Haram.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1361

Everybody seems to have forgotten all these so soon.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2011
I believe majority of muslims are peace loving. . .the reason we are discussing this is because hardly a day passes without someone trying to get into Aljannah cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by LagosShia: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
illusion2:

Well said bro.

I will go a step further & say a good number of the 'Islamic practices' are actually arabic pagan cultural practices. e.g Tawaff during the hajj. Beheading and stoning people etc
Samson is also in the Koran. Suicide bombing of large civilian population centres like we see it today started with the Tamil Tigers(Hindus).
The 'believers' obviously like to learn from 'Kafirs' grin grin grin grin

thanks for complimenting my post but i dont share your view on islamic practices.the practice of tawaf existed from the days of Abraham and Ishmael and Hajar.it was the pagans (arab jahiliyya) who adulterated it and tried to inculcated this practice by hijacking it.thus you read that even when they had idols,they still believed in the One Almighty Creator because of the Abrahamic tradition they inherited.you should also read about the "hanifs".
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
illusion2:

@BetaThings-You my friend are wrong & I'll deconstruct your argument in detail.

Please note that I live with muslims & I love & respect them.

You are wrong- Please read this link by Chivas a non-profit in the UK and let me know if you cannot identify Wahabism
http://www.civitas.org.uk/press/prcs87.php
I am suprised that living with muslims now make you an authority on the subject when a lot of muslims cannot even claim such knowledge. Do you think that the article you refer me to educate you the actual opinions of AbdulWahhab? I suggested that you read a book specifically on a subject, you are saying I am wrong. In what way, pls? But you are asking me to instead read a one-pager on the same topic

Based on that article Can you mention any of the books written by AbdulWahab himself. Can you quote his position on Jihad, its purpose, how it should be organised?
illusion2:

This is another misnomer- There’s no such thing as a ‘christian nation’ governed by the Bible.
Whether a country is governed by the Bible or not, what is important is for there to be in the majority christians who identify with christianity. During the debate over the mosque called ground zero mosque, a republican said that the US is a christian nation.  When the founders of America said "in God we Trust",  which God were they talking about. Is Italy which defends the vatican (a state in it own right not a christian nation). Christians identify with Israel. Is it because it is ruled by the Thalmud? How many countries in the World are ruled in accordance to the Qur'an. The nearest is Saudi Arabia. In some countries that you lump together as ruled by the Qur'an, it is a crime to marry more than 1 wife or wear the hijab.
You may have a public holiday for Christmas  in a country while there is none for Muslim festivities. In Britain the Queen is the Head of the Church of England. is there a mosque of England? Who is the head. BTW until 1996 (?), British law only recognised blasphemy as an offence against christianity, not against Islam, Judaism, Hinduism etc. They no longer have that though
But the essence of what I am saying is this. Suppose Iran (forget about the practical impossibility of this) invade Italy. What will christians say. A muslim country has invaded a christian country
And in war, as in everything in life, perception is more important than reality. A marries a girl because he perceives love. Yet she may not really love him.   That is really my point
illusion2:

You go read the Bosnian wars again & you find how many Christian Bosinan serbs died fighting to defend Sarajevo on behalf of their Bosnian muslims brothers. The war was essentially an ethnic one as the Bosnian muslims are actually serbs who converted to Islam during Ottoman occupation.
You are misreading my posts. I am not interested in religious polemics. When we see wars in Africa, the European always say Africans are primitive. I am saying that in Europe, they also saw primitive acts during a European (Bosnian) war. My point is that in a war, everybody commits atrocious acts. So forget the issue of Christianity being above medieval practices. God forbid, let there be a war, you will see worse than medieval actions.
illusion2:

Saudi sponsorship of the wahabi doctrine did not start today & they are only reaping the fruits of what they have sown over the years.
Wahhabism does not preach terrorism. Yes, it preaches puritanism. But it requires that Jihad be declared by a recognised leader. Just like Ihejirika cannot go to war without the say so of President Johnathan. Bin Laden is a renegade. He cannot claim that his actions are based on the teachings of Wahhabism. Do you really imagine that country like Saudi Arabia that tries to control dissent will promote teachings that can undermine its authority
illusion2:

@BetaThings-You my friend are wrong & I'll deconstruct your argument in detail,
And so will Nigeria if we do not check this pernicious cancer,because young unemployed men will be brainwashed into believing Heaven is a better option for them via martyrdom.

I do not support America  in anyway because I think they are arrogant & support (until recently) most corrupt politicians in Africa.

However,I don’t know how old you are but you need to do some more research.
Osama bin Hiding’s problem had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. It came as a result of being snubbed by the Saudi Royal family during the liberation of Kuwait (a muslim country) from the clutches of another muslim leader (saddam). Osama was an American ally up until that point- do read up about the mujahedeen in Afghanistan.

Your point on Saro Wiwa is very poignant- rather than make this issues religious-it should be political.

As I pointed out in some other thread, I would have understood if Abdulmuttalab had gone to protest against the government in Katsina state or his local govt in Funtua for the lack of medical facilities ,impoverishment of his people, but tell me what is his business with the Palestinian problem when he has 70% poverty rate in his state?
Like the Darfur issues,it seems muslims are fine with muslim on muslim injustice,but once the ‘aggressor’ is non-muslim it becomes a ‘religious’ issue rather than a political one.
Saudi Arabia and America's problems with Bin Laden started with the location American troops in the Arabian peninsula (for which the Saudi's got a fatwa which Bin Laden disagreed with).  Forget about age, but you may want to do further research.

I mentioned Saro Wiwa because his methodologies are different from those of MEND. In Islam, Jihad has a methodology. Boko Haram does not follow it. Renegades do not fight Jihad. They must wait for the leader to declare it. Clearly Bin laden is not the Leader of muslims such that he can stay in a cave and declare Jihad all over the world.

Boko Haram may resent the way that western education is being used to lure muslim children into christianity, but self help in terms of armed struggle is wrong.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by kabukabu50(m): 2:18pm On Jan 01, 2011
illusion2:

I believe majority of muslims are peace loving. . .the reason we are discussing this is because hardly a day passes without someone trying to get into Aljannah cheesy cheesy cheesy

Peace loving?

grin grin grin grin grin ;DROFL, Breaking News, 41 Christians killed on New Years Day 2011 while worshipping in church in Egypt,Muslim Radicals claim attack.

The minority of Muslims are peaceful,perhaps under 5%, the rest are just one fatwa away from Blowing themselves up in a crowded area.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by SharafG: 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2011
[b][b]THANK YOU 'AUWAL 87' BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT POLITICAL CRIMINALS (MOST ESPECIALLY OPPONENTS OF JANG IN PLATEAU) ARE CARRYING OUT DIS DASTARD ACTS AND GIVE IT RELIGIOUS COLOR TO SHIFT OUR ATTENTION FROM THEIR SIDE! YOU REALLY NEED TO DECIPHER THAT CLAIM WELL WEITHER A TRUE MUSLIM WITH HIS SENSE CAN MAKE SUCH CLAIM OR ATTACK. DONT YOU REASON ALONG WITH SULTAN AND PASTOR ORITSEJAFOR (CAN PRESIDENT)THAT D ATTACK IS POLITICAL? IF U BELIEVE THAT CLAIM, U CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING!
LET THEM CALL MUSLIMS WHATEVA NAMES AND LET ANYBODY DO ANYTHNG TO TARNISH THE IMAGE, ISLAM PROGRESSES AND TO ALLAH IS THE GLORY FOREVA [color=#000099][/color]

MEANWHILE D SO CALLED TERRORISTS DESERVE AMNESTY LIKE THEIR CONTERPARTS IN NIGER DELTA TOWARD SOLUTION ANYWAY!  
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
illusion2:

Well said bro.

The 'believers' obviously like to learn from 'Kafirs'  grin grin grin grin
Are you speaking from knowledge? Why do you think believers would like to kill themselves? Anyone who does that is misguided.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by ajetii(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
Christainity is not about peace too from my research, i am yet to find a suitable religion. I prefer a world without religion.

And to you all michievious people. I found out more about the "Hutaree" and their website. Tell me how is this different from the so called jihad.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1361

FBI conducted a series of raids in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana to detain members of a Christian militia group on criminal charges. So what does this group believe, and how do its members fit in with the larger radical right?

The group in question calls itself the "Hutaree"; its website says the term translates as "Christian warrior." And in keeping with that name, the material it has posted online reflects an outlook of violent religious confrontation. The Hutaree believe that acts of violence can bring about the final judgment prophesied in the

Christian Bible — and therefore have been arming themselves to go to war with the Antichrist, "evil Jews," and Muslims. They have documented their training exercises in a series of YouTube videos. And they spell out the theological rationale for their actions on the "About Us" page on their website:

Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment. The only thing on earth to save the testimony and those who follow it, are the members of the testimony, til the return of Christ in the clouds. We, the Hutaree, are prepared to defend all those who belong to Christ and save those who aren't. We will still spread the word, and fight to keep it, up to the time of the great coming , The Hutaree will one day see its enemy and meet him on the battlefield if so

God wills it. We will reach out to those who are yet blind in the last days of the kingdoms of men and bring them to life in Christ.

According to the indictment unsealed this morning in court, the nine members of the group — eight men and one woman — planned to "levy war" against the U.S. government. To incite such a war, the group planned to murder law enforcement officials and then follow up their initial attacks with a separate attack on the fallen officers' funeral(s), where a large number of law enforcement personnel would no doubt be gathered.

With other news of vandalism and harassment from right-wing activists angry about the passage of health care reform, some commentators are already depicting the arrests as a further sign of how conservative activists are promoting violence in their ranks. But even within the militant world of the Michigan militia movement, the Hutarees are viewed as extreme religious fanatics. Michael Lackomar, a leader of the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, told the Associated Press that he'd fielded a frantic call from a Hutaree member Saturday night reporting the onset of the federal raids. After hearing pleas for help, Lackomar said that his group declined. "They said that they were under attack by the ATF and wanted a place to hide," Lackomar recalls. "My team leaders said, 'No thanks.' "

A posting on a Hutaree message board by someone named Anna seems to back up Lackomar's claim that Hutaree members were seeking help from other militia groups in the area.

"We need some help please," she wrote. "I am enroute south with my children using the wifi's as I can. They were catching others as they came to their rallying points, they broke into homes and took children and used the tasers on wives, my son who is 12 and I got out by crawling through the creeks behind our house. My husband and others are taken, please call the press and tell them, if any in the Michigan Militia is still free please rally with them. Please help."

Still, while the more secular and libertarian leaders of the militia movement may distance themselves from the Hutaree, the two militant strains of right-wing activism share some tactical affinities, says Kenneth S. Stern, the American Jewish Committee's director on anti-Semitism and extremism. "What you're starting to see in the number of militia groups sprouting up in the last year is a general antigovernment ideology," Stern says. "The targeting of cops is not inconsistent with that. The literature that glorified that white supremacist movement that helped the militia movement take off in the 1990s advocated those tactics — especially in books like 'The Turner Diaries.' And some of these groups — like the Order and others — started setting traps for law enforcement and going after first responders."

Stern cautions that it's too soon to draw broader lessons from the alleged Hutaree plot. But he does add that "whenever you have a combination of the ideology that says, 'the government is evil and we'd better do something about it,' and a religion that says, 'Hey, God wants you to do something about it,' that can be problematic."

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by afrika(f): 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2011
Mr lecturer Betathings, we know u are a learned Historian.
the fact hia is Islam and Nigeria; is it a peaceful religion and people all over the world fighting are still them. (open TV islam shows, and listen to words like PEACE, HUMBLE, etc yet, violence is the case)
Take 4xample; If i am jealous of what anoda person has that i also have, means i am not contempted. and that shows i am greedy. and that implies grave thoughts, equalling to a sin. now, if the people that call themselves the real moslems that understand this book can not bring the radicalists to proper attention then, they are inevitably in support of what they are doing.

You know; We Have Become the NEWS we once WATCHED, (CNN)

I wonder Y people like using past event to judge recent ones. History isnt taking us anyway Betathings, the novells and so on wouldnt help us.

This is our country. I believe Christians have extremist too but have u ever seem them behave like this. Another tin is that the Islamic religion and the hausas is a big problem hia. look at the borders, so open and nobody cares. they themselves dont care either. Try and visit ur brodas are NIGER, that same day, the police and indigenes knw u are a stranger,be u Ahmadu. The so called Boko Haram are all from Niger. Chad etc. and once ur name sounds like auwal, yusouf,ahmed, mohd, saidu , u are a Nigeria,muslim and can live with full rights.

We can all act up and pretend all is well cos it didnt Happen to us with argument siding our religion , nobody dresses up and leaves their house thinking they are gonna get blown to pieces, shit just happens, be concerned and Pray for the Dead , The Bombing is act of wickedness from religious terrorists spoiling the name of nigerias inside and out.

I think its high time we decide like the Sudanese and split the country into bits. Religion is a PRACTICE not culture or tradition that should lead to killings.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
javarules:

I am a Christian. I am talking to all the muslims.

the real problem is not the extremists who hardly have brains to think anything progressive and nice and have put a very bad image of Islam throughout the world. The real problem is you, and millions of Muslims like you who have done nothing to condemn or fight these extremists. They have taken your religion and not only have you not put up a fight, but you have not said a word. Wake up before it is too late!! Go ahead, verbally condem them, then fight and kill them while you still have the same religion that you once had, the religion of peace. Else in generations to come, the word Islam might as well mean violence(NOTE the direct opposite) in the dictionary!!!
How did you know that majority of muslims do not condemn extremism. Do you think they are killing christians in Pakistan. They are killing muslims too. What other proof do you require to know that people are condemning them.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Orton10(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
kabukabu50:

Peace loving?

grin grin grin grin grin ;DROFL, Breaking News, 41 Christians killed on New Years Day 2011 while worshipping in church in Egypt,Muslim Radicals claim attack.

The minority of Muslims are peaceful,perhaps under 5%, the rest are just one fatwa away from Blowing themselves up in a crowded area.

I'm indeed tempted to join you in the laughter but i can't help but confess that in every 12, there is a Judah.And in this case, the non-Judahs are way more than 5%.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2011
Is it a coincidence that a few months ago arms were intercepted coming into Nigeria from Iran or wherever?

At the end of the day, the indegenous people of Abuja are not Hausa and are NOT muslim, same with that of JOS. Nigerian muslims have to face up to the fact that no religion or tribe in Nigeria is bothering them or asserting agression against them (apart from a few instances with the Berom).

It seems to me that extremist muslims are trying to tempt non muslims into a retaliation so they can play out their jihadist desires.

We all share Nigeria and it is our father land as much as any Hausa person. We have the right to practice the religion we see fit.

Nigerian/Hausa muslims, will you stand with your fellow Nigerians or stand by and watch while extremist groups continue to act in this way, simply because they belong to the same religion as you?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by nwaigbomg(m): 2:43pm On Jan 01, 2011
mohammed, this guy. chai i never see[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Afrika.
Do you really want to discuss or throw sarcastic barbs around. Somebody said I need to research, now you you are calling me a lecturer. What exactly do people want? I just like to understand an issue before I dive in

History shapes what a lot of people do. Let us look at the world at large. Why is Japan fearful of China today? Because they have dealt with the Chinese horribly in the past and they cannot contemplate being conquered in a war by the chinese. The EU is a product of centuries of conflict.

Let us look at violence all over the world. America with a population of 300m has been involved in more wars than muslims who number 1b. Poverty leads to more wars than affluence. Of course the affluent fight wars to protect their standard of living. Check the assets considered strategic by the US according to wikileak

There are wars in many places in Africa, but they do not attract so much attention because they are not identified with a particular religion. Iran fights with America based on history. Iraqi war is based on US aggression too. The war in Afghanistan may be the only one that is truly due to the muslims' aggression. But you also have to remember that the muslims are fighting the terrorists in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen etc at least wiki leaks have confirmed that

BTW Hamas started suicide bombing in 1994 after a Jew - Baruch Goldstein - entered a mosque in Hebron while Muslims were praying on a Friday. He killed 29 people.
A christian undergraduate of UI went into the mosque sometime this year while muslims were praying and started telling them that they were misguided. Point is don't be so sure that even after you split (which I have no problem with), you will not have issues of religious difference. The Nigerian civil was not purely religious.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2011
londoner:

Is it a coincidence that a few months ago arms were intercepted coming into Nigeria from Iran or wherever?

At the end of the day, the indegenous people of Abuja are not Hausa and are NOT muslim, same with that of JOS. Nigerian muslims have to face up to the fact that no religion or tribe in Nigeria is bothering them or asserting agression against them (apart from a few instances with the Berom).

It seems to me that extremist muslims are trying to tempt non muslims into a retaliation so they can play out their jihadist desires.

We all share Nigeria and it is our father land as much as any Hausa person. We have the right to practice the religion we see fit.

Nigerian/Hausa muslims, will you stand with your fellow Nigerians or stand by and watch while extremist groups continue to act in this way, simply because they belong to the same religion as you?
Arms come into Nigeria everyday. Don't be taken in by the gra gra. If 30 boxes of cocaine can come in why do you think arms are not coming in. where do you think the heavy weapons used by armed robbers and MEND come from? Even then the arms you talk about were rumoured to be destined for The Gambia which has severed relations with Iran.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by lukman75: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2011
No body can spoil Islam except spoil themself. The useless northern Leader were there doing virturely nothing to curb this trend. They are concerns is to get political post and awaiting stupid rakadede. We shall all account in the world to come.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 01, 2011
Please let take out our eye 4rm what happen btlwn western countries and arab countries but lets face our own problem.Our problem is that when a nigerian gets a little cash and live in usa,london,ikoyi,maitama,VI,etc they nw 4gt their home crucial problem and make noise of ONE NIGERIA so they can have a little boost to other world of being th giant of black but the real man in the street knows that yorubas youth in lagos dnt like how others are trooping lagos to feed themselves that an hausa muslim will never accept a christian igbo that the naija delta indigene dnt like how their resources is used to build a northern city like abuja and so many hatered from diffrnt ethnic to another. And my suggestion is for us to protect our children,our future we should find a solution and i think confederal will be best,let every state go and manage its resource and let weaken the central so that our children can secceed if the south seems marginalizing the north or reverse is the case. Pls prevention is beta than cure
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Betathings, it is not a coincidence IMO, and neither is it a coincidence that Al-Queda are targetting Nigerian recruits.

These people want to force unrest, they dont want the election to usher in a non northerner/muslim as president or a paradigm shift away from the status quo. This is a desperate attempt at keeping hold on power in Nigeria.

@toaskarity, I agree with you, the states should have more resource control. The centre is disproportionately dominant and powerful. This needs to be addressed.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Orton10(m): 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2011
Sharaf-G:

[b][b]THANK YOU 'AUWAL 87' BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT POLITICAL CRIMINALS (MOST ESPECIALLY OPPONENTS OF JANG IN PLATEAU) ARE CARRYING OUT DIS DASTARD ACTS AND GIVE IT RELIGIOUS COLOR TO SHIFT OUR ATTENTION FROM THEIR SIDE! YOU REALLY NEED TO DECIPHER THAT CLAIM WELL WEITHER A TRUE MUSLIM WITH HIS SENSE CAN MAKE SUCH CLAIM OR ATTACK. DONT YOU REASON ALONG WITH SULTAN AND PASTOR ORITSEJAFOR (CAN PRESIDENT)THAT D ATTACK IS POLITICAL? IF U BELIEVE THAT CLAIM, U CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING!
LET THEM CALL MUSLIMS WHATEVA NAMES AND LET ANYBODY DO ANYTHNG TO TARNISH THE IMAGE, ISLAM PROGRESSES AND TO ALLAH IS THE GLORY FOREVA [color=#000099][/color]

MEANWHILE D SO CALLED TERRORISTS DESERVE AMNESTY LIKE THEIR CONTERPARTS IN NIGER DELTA TOWARD SOLUTION ANYWAY!  

Sharaf Shut-up! that mouth!!!
To think i was even buying ur bullshit in bold print, ur last comments has made me see you for the bastardized fool you are!
Amnesty?, Counterparts??, So you Boko Haram Brothers are now counterparts with the ND militants abi??
Ok, we all know from fact that The ND Militants are fighting for thier rights and againist the exploitation and marginalization of their oil, land and people, So YOU now, give us a tangible reason beyond all reasonable doubt why Boko 4k*n Haram is killing and living countless number of Nigerians fatherles and homeless?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2011
The most harebrained excuse i ever heard is for anyone to start the''christians coomit terrorist acts too'' train.
I guess you've heard of people killing innocents in jesus name.
Face facts, islam encourages violence, if not the complicit silence after these evil acts are commited wouldnt have been.
Either these things politicla or not fact is they find a very easy place to hide in islam, you should ask yourself why that is.
If you check through times, youd find that clerics tacitlysuport these senseless killings.
islam should find a way to clean its own house, its not enough to just spout these "majority are peaceful"statements each time it happens.Take action.Have public demonstrations against these acts, then we may just take you serious.
Lots of westerners had protests agains the iraq war and many are still protesting gaza blockade.
Hypocrisy doesnt help anyone, if its not real islam then lets see your loud condemnation, till i see that, its just hot air.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by princepee: 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2011
the police is ure friend!!, islam is peace! there sound alike, but direct opposite
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
And i wonder how many times ND militants have killed innocents , they usually fight the army, cos their anger is against the state, not the church or mosques.The targetted premises makes it all too obvious, it is religious and giving it a political cloack is all too convenient for the shamed hypocrites. angry
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by princepee: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
all moslems should vacate the net, cus boko is haram
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by interloper(m): 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2011
. . . . . . . . .very unfortunate we are kicking off this new year with the terrible loss of innocent lives in Nigeria again, one can only hope somewhere along this journey of life 'man' would find it in his heart to live in peace with one another. a country so bless with both natural and human resources being messed up by a few people without any relevance to 21st century way of living  sure leaves a sour taste in the mouth and a heart full of ache. . . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Ericology(m): 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
edoyad:

Sharap ! Stop kidding yourself. Nigeriam Muslims don't have a problem, it's hausa people who have a problem. I was born in lagos and i don't think lag has ever had a democratically elected christian governor but is still the pride of Nigeria.

Na your people get problem, HAUSA PEOPLE. Same problem we had with you here in kaduna, enemies of progress, destined to be doomed.

U r right about the Hausa stuff but Lagos has had a Christian democratically elected Gov, Sir Michael Otedola
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Mubz(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2011
Unbelievable comments, i ll really advice a wise muslim to please stop replying to these thread, An argument with a fool, makes u one too, please, i beg of u all muslims here,
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by violent(m): 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
Muslims can start by forming a "Muslims against terrorism" group. . .and then expand their network!

They should make it a sole objective to expose individuals or organisation of Islamic faith preaching or advocating extremism.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2011
londoner:

@Betathings, it is not a coincidence IMO, and neither is it a coincidence that Al-Queda are targetting Nigerian recruits.

These people want to force unrest, they dont want the election to usher in a non northerner/muslim as president or a paradigm shift away from the status quo. This is a desperate attempt at keeping hold on power in Nigeria.

@toaskarity, I agree with you, the states should have more resource control. The centre is disproportionately dominant and powerful. This needs to be addressed.

Al-Qaeda targetting Nigerian youths is a no-brainer. If you lead a movement and want followers worldwide movement, you want to
go after the largest countries in each continent. That is the reason we must not allow them a foothold!
I still maintain that arms come in everyday. How come customs men go to Lagos - Ibadan expressway to arrest smuggled cars? How did the cars come in. Now if cars can come in, why won't arms.
And has arms supply to ND stopped? let us not deceive ourselves, amnesty does not mean crime has stopped in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom / Atikus Persistence Could Ignite Fresh Desire For Justice At The Court- Dr Olufon / NDLEA Arrests 5 Members Of Airport Drug Syndicate, Recovers ₦19.8m Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.