Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (18213 Views)

Lets Wake Up...!!! Oh Nigerian Youth / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Oba Obateru Akinruntan Hijacks Election Materials In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2011
princepee:

all moslems should vacate the net, cus boko is haram

You should spend more time researching before you criticise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu%E1%B8%A5ammad_ibn_M%C5%ABs%C4%81_al-Khw%C4%81rizm%C4%AB
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
violent:

Muslims can start by forming a "Muslims against terrorism" group. . .and then expand their network!

They should make it a sole objective to expose individuals or organisation of Islamic faith preaching or advocating extremism.
Op take note of this excellent advice
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
reindeer:

The most harebrained excuse i ever heard is for anyone to start the''christians coomit terrorist acts too'' train.
I guess you've heard of people killing innocents in jesus name.
Face facts, islam encourages violence, if not the complicit silence after these evil acts are commited wouldnt have been.
Either these things politicla or not fact is they find a very easy place to hide in islam, you should ask yourself why that is.
If you check through times, youd find that clerics tacitlysuport these senseless killings.
islam should find a way to clean its own house, its not enough to just spout these "majority are peaceful"statements each time it happens.Take action.Have public demonstrations against these acts, then we may just take you serious.
Lots of westerners had protests agains the iraq war and many are still protesting gaza blockade.
Hypocrisy doesnt help anyone, if its not real islam then lets see your loud condemnation, till i see that, its just hot air.

Gunpowder Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot

St. Bartholomew's Day massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew's_Day_massacre

French Wars of_Religion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion

People will fight when they are under pressure
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by jmaine: 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2011
londoner:

@Betathings, it is not a coincidence IMO, and neither is it a coincidence that Al-Queda are targetting Nigerian recruits.

These people want to force unrest, they dont want the election to usher in a non northerner/muslim as president or a paradigm shift away from the status quo. This is a desperate attempt at keeping hold on power in Nigeria.

@toaskarity, I agree with you, the states should have more resource control. The centre is disproportionately dominant and powerful. This needs to be addressed.

You have seen and said it all like an ardent chess master. . . Though religiously inclined the main aim is to instill fear in the populace such that they won't be any successful election come this year. .  very soon they will send messages threatening voters who would dare go out to vote or else will most likely get killed from an improvised device. But this is my prayer for those evil blood thirsty monster this year according to the scriptures which says :

and I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I, Jehovah, am thy Saviour, and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah 49:26
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2011
@betathings, those examples you sight are from the years, 1605, 1572 and 1562,

You say people fight when under pressure. Educate me, which pressure are the Boko Haram people under in present day Nigeria or in any time in Nigeria's history?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by aloyemeka1: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2011
Barkono:

Na your people get problem, HAUSA PEOPLE. Same problem we had with you here in kaduna, enemies of progress, destined to be doomed.
There has never been a time in the history of Nigeria, that a Hausa man has been denigrated like now. I don't think you are correct by expounding that it is the Hausa man that is the problem. Have
you forgotten so soon the massacre and butcher of innocent lives of Hausas by the OPC in Idi-Araba/Ishaga axis of Lagos. The brutal massacre of Hausas in Shagamu and some part of South Western Nigeria?
This resort to vilification, and half truth spread by semi illiterate like you, is really troubling.

If we want to solve the problems of Nigeria, we the younger generation, have to do away with name calling and the actions of a very few amongst us, who out of poverty and hunger cause mayhem to lives and properties of innocent people. Seventy percent of business owners in Jos, Plateau State, are non natives. Another sixty percent of car dealers in Jos, Plateau state are Hausa. Today, we have seen how their investment, had been looted, burnt and their means of livelihood gone through the actions of the so called natives, yet no compensation, and nobody is saying anything about it. And I think, the first Nigerian Leader that dealt a blow to Boko Haram, is a Hausa man. Umar Yar'Adua,he gave them a taste of his bile.    He didn't treat them with kids glove, unlike the present leadership.

When did that happen and what started it?. Hausas were never waylaid in western Nigeria rather, they were the ones who started problem by stabbing to death a Yoruba man which angered OPC. Go and check history, there was never a time a Yoruba started fight with Hausa; it was the hausa who aggravates it first. So, stop lying and denying a known fact. Some of us here actually keep history. May be they lied to you about the Ketu massacre, but eye witnesses are here to bear honest witness under oath.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by aloyemeka1: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2011
Remii:

Islam is a religion of peace, majority of Muslims are against the actions of the so called terrorists, Muslim governments in Arab worlds are daily wagging wars against them, Pakistan is killing Talibans every days, KSA flies jet fighters across the border to Yemen for the same purpose. The center for US military intelligence to fight Iraq war is located in Qatar, Back in Nigeria, are we saying those soldiers and police confronting the fanatics every now and then are non Muslims? Those who killed the Boko haram rioters are most likely Muslims.

The Islamic fanatics are very few and I believe jugding all Muslims with their actions is unfair. There are extremists in all other forms of religions too.
Suicide bombers are new to Islam, there were none in the times of Muhammad (PBOH) or the times of the guided successive companions, infact the 1st recorded suicide killer was Samson in the bible and later the Japanese Kamikazes bombers in the WWII in 1940s.

also the NIgerian northern leaders are not sincere to Islam, they refuse to give mass literacy to their people as done even in Arab world but gave their own children best of education at expence of the populace.

We are waiting for you guys to prove it. If the Northerners do not practice Islam with utmost sincerity, then who does?. Are they not the ones who think Yorubas are flaky muslims?.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Kcswat22: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2011
Islam is evil. Nigeria is coming to an end till then the lazy people will startin eatin stone. Thank God the US is secretly trainin our men in there army for 2015 cos they knw our worth even if no oil Biafra under 10yrs will have the economy n army in Africa. By then any reliogous war in north we can be invading them n brokering peace for them.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by BetaThings: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
londoner:

You say people fight when under pressure. Educate me, which pressure are the Boko Haram people under in present day Nigeria or in any time in Nigeria's history?
Do you know the IRA is stepping up attacks again? you know those are christians
I am not a Boko Haramite. I don't understand their goals.
But when you engage an enemy, you must try and understand that he is human and will have human tendencies including extremism. It actually pays to understand their motives. Let me give you an example , when Boko Haram first struck last year and their leader was captured and shot at a police station, what message did we pass? Go down fighting. We lost an opportunity to learn about them. I actually believe some of the lives being lost now would actually have been prevented by finding out more about their leader then  

jmaine:

You have seen and said it all like an ardent chess master. . . Though religiously inclined the main aim is to instill fear in the populace such that they won't be any successful election come this year. .  very soon they will send messages threatening voters who would dare go out to vote or else will most likely get killed from an improvised device. But this is my prayer for those evil blood thirsty monster this year according to the scriptures which says :

and I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I, Jehovah, am thy Saviour, and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah 49:26
You are confirming my worst fears. After this, why would a muslim vote for a christian and vice versa? Do we really want to turn this country into Lebanon? If a muslim opens a thread to rally muslims to against terrorists and Christians continue to insist that it is a ruse, muslims are terrorists, what next? Those muslims will wake up tomorrow and plead fealty to christians?

Please remember that Boko Haram first struck while Yaradua was president; not even under Obasanjo
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Kcswat22: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
Islam is evil. Nigeria is coming to an end till then the lazy people will startin eatin stone. Thank God the US is secretly trainin our men in there army for 2015 cos they knw our worth even if no oil Biafra under 10yrs will have the best economy n army in Africa. By then any reliogous war in north we can be invading them n brokering peace for them.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2011
majority of hausa/fulani muslims are exremists! Remember that extremist christian girl in U.I? The muslims in Ibadan did not kill anybody nor distroyed anything, I wonder if that girl had done that silly act in ATBU-Bauchi! I work with Hausas in the north and I have observed that they treat the southern muslims wth contempt, infact, they said they are converts and hence not a true muslim. No southern muslim can be allowed to lead a prayer, if they tried(which they will not) there will be no prayer that day or perhaps riot! Iam a yoruba-christian and I am always happy with my yoruba-muslim brothers. Even here in Jos, have heard of Ibos or Yorubas fighting Berom or vice-v? But they have been on the Plateau for as long as the Hausa/Fulanis! Currently there are plenty of non-hausa muslims among the so-called christians yet you cannot find a single christian, whether southerner or notherner, where the hausas resides, infact the non-hausa muslims ran away from them to the christian side!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
@betathings, I agree with you that the opportunity we had in capturing their leader and gathering intelligence was one lost by the hotheadedness of the security agents. However, if you going to claim that people "fight underpressure" (your words) as if that is linked to the case in point (Boko Horam) you should be able to prove or explain the point you are making.

I ask again, even as a person who doesn't understand their aims, what "pressure" are they under which you say led to this and prior attacks?

If you ask me they are THEY are the ones in the oppressors chair, they are the ones provoking the retaliation they seek.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by MUZBO(m): 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
Nice thread! Unfortunately, those hijacking Islam are too uneducated to read it and that is soooo unislamic!!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by illusion2: 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
@beta Things,
I don't want to go into an endless cycle of arguments.

I appreciate the urge to defend your faith,but it does not help when you try to look for 'christian examples' of terrorism to justify the evil being perpetuated in the name of Islam.

As I have stressed,learn to seperate POLITICS from RELIGION. All muslims find this difficult.

All other comments trying to justify what is wrong or attempts to re-write history will not gain any traction.

Even a fellow muslim -LagosShia has highlighted the link between pre-Islamic arab aggressiveness & modern Wahabi/Al Qaeda theology.

Just stick to the standard narrative- these terrorists practice a corrupted version of Islam & not try to look for 'christian ' examples of terrorists.

Hardly a day goes by without someone blowing up him/herself in the name of Allah.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Orton10(m): 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
Mubz:

Unbelievable comments, i ll really advice a wise muslim to please stop replying to these thread, An argument with a fool, makes u one too, please, i beg of u all muslims here,
Only a fool avoids dialogue. You are as stupid as ur four-letter-name. Mtcheew!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
BetaThings:

Gunpowder Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot

St. Bartholomew's Day massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew's_Day_massacre

French Wars of_Religion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Wars_of_Religion

People will fight when they are under pressure

I dont believe you are equating 16th century atrocities to todays evil (called islamist extremism), except of course you admit islam is still a 16th century religion. I rest my case then. someone beside me just pointed out that islam is 500years behind christianity, abi wetin be todays date using the islamic calendar?
Really such excuses for extremsm doesnt hold water, christianity is a reformed religion with a dark past, not a dark present like islam, and you know the worst part, its getting darker.
Someone said muslims should form a movement against terrorism, i laugh!
I wait to see tha day that kind of movement will see the light of day and how many muslims will join,all these talk aboout those terrorists not being real muslims is just a facade,overtly or covertly a muslim will either support or try to justify terrorism.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by MUZBO(m): 4:34pm On Jan 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

We are waiting for you guys to prove it. If the Northerners do not practice Islam with utmost sincerity, then who does?. Are they not the ones who think Yorubas are flaky muslims?.
What's there to prove? Has a Yoruba Muslim stabbed u in the throat before? Someone sed culture is the window thru which we see the world- soooo true
!!!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2011
I cant wait the day we will have North Nigeria and South Nigeria as two different countries  cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by P3(m): 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
Islam is a religion of peace. For those who do not know and rely on the western propaganda to destroy Islam, God has promised to protect his religion. FACT: Islam is the fastest growing religion worldwide. Get hold of the Books we cherish; The Holy Quran and the Authentic Hadiths. Study them without bias, and you will discover that those that call for violence in the guise of promoting Islam have been promised Hell-fire.

The Nigerian problem basically is the fact that a Hausa man (not northerner) is lazy, stupid, and irresponsible. It is the typical Hausa man that will leave his in the morning, and give his wife fifty Naira to feed for the day, while he is in the market eating well and flirting with young girls. It is the Hausa man that will interpret his religion to suit his desires. It is the Hausa man shying away from responsibility that will send his 6 year old child out as almajiri. Islam categorically said that each parent will be called upon to account for how you treat your family.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
@P3, do you really think we have time to wait for religious extremists to wait for their "hell fire" after death?

That is rather a passive/non solution to what people are seeing and experiencing in Nigeria today. When MEND were bombimg pipelines, did people sight the hell fire the bible says a murderer will receive at judgment? When people were kidnapping in Abia State, did we all say, "well when they die they will meet hell fire"?

I seem to remember the JTF and Nigerian army being called to go in and sort out the situation. I dont think that may be the solution here, but "leaving it all for God" while bombs go off aound Nigerians, is such a non-solution if ever I heard one.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2011
Enough of this hypocrisy

moderator can you start a poll or a website where people sign up with real names and can join a "MUSLIMS AGAINST TERRORISM" campaign?
Lets see how many 'peaceful' muslims will be willing to put their names on it.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2011
No nation can live in peace once it has a sizable population of Muslims within it. That is the lesson that the West is beginning to learn.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2011
All the muslims on this thread trying to defend Islam, you've done well. Leave those that arrogantly choose to disbelieve you alone. Don't take their words serious because a lot of them simply hate muslims and speak out of hatred.
(oya bring in the missles). smiley
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by asamuel: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
not surprised. islam is always a religion of war from mohammed to now they kill human beings for joy
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by muhsin(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2011
fellis:

All the muslims on this thread trying to defend Islam, you've done well. Leave those that arrogantly choose to disbelieve you alone. Don't take their words serious because a lot of them simply hate muslims and speak out of hatred.
(oya bring in the missles). smiley

[size=15pt]I subscribe to this.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2011
asamuel:

not surprised. islam is always a religion of war from mohammed to now they kill human beings for joy

londoner:

Londoner, please explain to him that he is quoting ancient example
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by naijangel7(f): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
londoner:

@P3, do you really think we have time to wait for religious extremists to wait for their "hell fire" after death?

LOL LOL  grin grin grin grin

kayci_d77:

I cant wait the day we will have North Nigeria and South Nigeria as two different countries  cool cool cool

I used to be against this idea but in the light of the events of the last two, three years, I think the best option is for the country to be divided and then the Northern muslims can conveniently bomb themselves into oblivion where they belong. Wonder how anybody who has not been in a coma for the last 100 years would mention the words "Islam" and "peace" in the same sentence.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2011
@fellis, It is your own brothers who blow up cars to kill, who are making the connection between violence and Islam. Defending Islam from the pages of your Holy book is one thing. Were your bothers actually PRACTICING what it says 24hrs ago though?

That is the issue here. they are not practicing what your holy book says and do so in the name of your religion.

You cant expect us to take words on paper above actions in reality.

Do you really expect the rest of us to give you a pat on the back for what your brothers have done barely 24hrs ago?

Really is that what you expect. Be realistic!

"Oya bring on the missiles" you say? And you expect us to believe you are on the side of peace?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Betathings.
Good attempt. But looks like Christians want you guys to leave matters the way they are and let Boko Haram kill as much as they want.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by naijangel7(f): 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Truly, Beta Things makes sense most of the time. The two weaknesses in his argument are the comparison of 14th century violent acts carried out by Christians with the violence being perpetrated by Muslims today; and his insistence that violent acts are committed by people who feel oppressed. I don´t think Boko Haram has cited oppression as a reason for their senseless bloodthirstiness.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
@naijangel7
I have read his posts. I am not so confident that all things have passed away. Look at Abu Ghraib. 14th century can happen again. Did you believe that Germany could gas children and women to death in the 20th century? We know what alqeda want. we need to know find out what boko haram want? every life saved cos of that is worth it. although it is different situation and struggle but Abacha killed many ogonis. the problem did not go away!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Senate Resolves Controversy On Successor In Event Of Death / Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy / Ogun PDP Crisis Worsens As Two Governorship Candidates Launch Separate Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.