Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion (18210 Views)

Lets Wake Up...!!! Oh Nigerian Youth / TINUBU Hijacks NASS Positions; Oyegun, Others Kick- The Capital.ng / Oba Obateru Akinruntan Hijacks Election Materials In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
sudan is about to divide into 2 , the Northern sudanese who are majority muslims and arabs and believe they are culturally and racially superior to the black and christian folks in the southern part. I think Nigeria should just split into 2. Enough is enough! I don't even wanna start with all you religious fanatics pointing fingers, Religion is a man made invention, Faith is not religion, i have big time reservations about islam and i am sorry but a religion that preaches death to unbelievers is a religion for Mad people and your prophet Mohammed was a Mad man! Yeah i said it, IFF islam preaches violence against people who don't believe by encouraging Jihad and what not, your prophet is not only a mad man, but an animal. BOKO HARAM?? give me a break, we will beat the northerners back to the deserts of Niger with their cows and chewing sticks,
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Sweetnecta: 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2011
^^^^^^^While you have the right and freedom to say what comes to your mind, civility should tell you that there are things that should not be said out, especially when it is not true, and many will be offended. Read your Bible and see what your gods (jesus included since you claim he is a God even in OT) did to disbeleievers; starting from Egypt until the last war in Palestine, if you like; Canaan.

Did Muhammad (AS) killed disbelievers because of their disbelief? the answer is no because there were disbelievers in Madina when he was the most important and most powerful human in it. The same case was when Makka was opened.

You need to get out of Onisha Market, after the end of trading time. To lock yourself, permanently in such isolation is the reason you utter what you said.

The tradition of Muhammad (AS) is to ignore a deranged mind, hence you are now ignored. If you die in the state of animosity to the beloved of your Creator, your situation will be such of full regret.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Rousseau: 12:02am On Jan 02, 2011
The problem with Islamic teachings in this day and age is that many of the laws are still stuck in the Middle Ages. They have not been updated for modern society. Islamic scholars created laws that were right for the time period, but have never evolved from that time period. Society has changed. Even though I am not interested in any "organized" religion, because I feel religious spirituality should be based on a personal experience, it would seem that Islam as a religion has become a breeding ground for religious extremism. Not to say that Christianity hasn't been used as a launching ground for religious extremism. If people remember correctly, thousands of Muslims have been murdered in history from all of the Crusades to the Reconquista of Espana followed by the Inquisition in Spain.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by nuru(m): 12:07am On Jan 02, 2011
Has any of the non-Muslims on this thread viewed the video mentioned in one of the early posts.

]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irPt0Vu4cFg&feature=related

Many Muslim organizations in the country have condemned what Boko Haram stands for 'as published' in strong terms.

Islam is indeed a religion of Peace. I know many non-Muslims believe this fact but many do not. There is no point in trying to convince those among the latter set that deliberately malign Islam without just cause.

There are many hot spots around the world and they are not peculiar to Muslim dominated lands alone as many posters portray it. What of Muslim countries that are enjoying relative peace in this generation, I wonder why they are not cited loud on the thread.

We should all be careful of what we spew here. Everybody will account for his/her deeds one day, whether in this world or in the hereafter
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 02, 2011
@Sweetnecta,
Renounce your religion and start using your brain! What is ur definition of civility Dumbass, by the way, i think my comment is a universal truth. If you read it properly, i said IFF (which is conditional), cause those are the claims made by the "extremist" muslims, whateva that is! So i still stand by my words, IFF the the quaran preaches violence again unbelievers, then your leader mohammed is an animal and a MAD man! Trust me, i am not saying this as a christian, i would exchange words with you, but we are all seating behind the comfort of the WWW. so anyone can say anything, but i caution you, choose your words wisely, its not a threat! i guarantee you that.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Alicious: 12:27am On Jan 02, 2011
It is genuinely sad that the recent issues have put Islam in a bad light. @Okunoba, You should not stand so firmly on something you do not know. I am muslim and I have read the Quran back to front. NOWHERE does it propagate war under unprovoked circumstances. Enlighten yourself on the war against the 'unbelievers'- You safely excluded the bit where the prophet Mohammed (SAW) had to hide in a cave for days on end with his followers when they were fleeing persecution from these unbelievers they waged war against. It was a defensive act.

Anyway I digress. Respect of other people's religions and beliefs is paramount. It is probably the ignorant metality displayed by many people evidenced by the comments here that have put us in this position.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 02, 2011
Its funny how your dumb a** is so quick to express such displeasure because i made a conditional statement, just to protect your religion Fucker what about the senseless deaths of innocent people that has occurred all in the name of ISLAM?? Dude don't let me curse you and your family, cause the curse will follow you! If you are such a good MUSLIM, why don't you save your energy and start mourning all the innocent Nigerians that were killed on christmas  and Newyears eve, KWASIAAAA!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 02, 2011
So let me understand you properly, U are saying you demand UNCONDITIONAL respect of religion Its Barbaric ways of thinking like yours that has lead to people blowing other people up in the name of religion. So you will blow someone up just because they called Mohammed a thief cause numerous acts of violence has been carried out because somebody disrespected mohammed in the past. Why don't you let God be the judge?, If it is sacrilegious, then let the higher power take care of it. Don't we have enough troubles in the world already? If you think about it ISLAM is for LAZY thinkers. Even the Bible as it is still encourages people to think with their brains and not only depend on God! Get a life!
I see this is an ISLAMIC forum,
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by chiflex1: 1:12am On Jan 02, 2011

Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 1:19am On Jan 02, 2011
From this thread something is obvious:

Many( not all ) muslims will go a long way to try to justify these killings by finding tenuous links between christianity and terrorism albeit in the 16th century.
That only says one thing: Deep down in their hearts they really support terrorism, they only mouth the ''islam is a peaceful religion' mantra.

I ASK AGAIN: HOW MANY OF YOU MUSLIMS HERE WILL BOLDLY STAND UP AND SAY IN PUBLIC THAT THESE TERRORISTS ARE NOT THE TRUE MUSLIMS?
SAY IT WITH YOUR REAL NAMES AND FORM A MOVEMENT TO FIGHT IT.
not likely!just as i thought.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by londoner: 1:27am On Jan 02, 2011
I hope the muslims here who have taken their time to kindly  "educate "us on the peacefulness of Islam have also been busy typing and posting away in Islamic extremist websites, to share with them these teachings.

You need to defend the image of your religion and what it really stands for to THEM rather than us. They are the ones who believe without question that their atrocities are an expression of their "faith". Defend your religion against them, not us.

Or does your need to defend the image of Islam somehow slip away when you have to face a fellow muslim to do it?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by kabukabu50(m): 2:26am On Jan 02, 2011
The saddest part of this discussion is more Muslims are killed by other Muslims,than are killed by any other Religious/Ethnic group, talk about babaric cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

I wonder which Paradise they go to,if they kill other Muslims?Or do both the bomber and victim go there at the same time?

Happy New Year, aboki
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Birniwa(m): 3:14am On Jan 02, 2011
Ignorance they say is more darker than the night darkness. I'd pray may these christians regain from this insanity!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 3:29am On Jan 02, 2011
Much has been said about the Quran

From the book of Mathew. Please explain these to us

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[b]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by rhymz(m): 4:33am On Jan 02, 2011
londoner:

I hope the muslims here who have taken their time to kindly  "educate "us on the peacefulness of Islam have also been busy typing and posting away in Islamic extremist websites, to share with them these teachings.

You need to defend the image of your religion and what it really stands for to THEM rather than us. They are the ones who believe without question that their atrocities are an expression of their "faith". Defend your religion against them, not us.

Or does your need to defend the image of Islam somehow slip away when you have to face a fellow muslim to do it?
. . Spot on sister! The non-muslims they are busy educating are not even interested in whether islam is as soft as wool or not, nobody here( me inclusive) will budge on what we believe about that religion not when the so-called Radical few with a flawed bent of mind are busy wreaking havoc in their society and justifying themselves using the Koran. How many times have they actually engaged these extremists in a serious debate of islamic ideology or correct their misconception of certain vague instructions that are rife in the Koran and can give way to so many interpretations as it has become evident from the goings-on. I ve seen Christians debate over certain doctrines in christiandom, people have challenged the authority of the Pope, irrespective of what history has told us about doing so. Today we ve the protestants-former Roman catholics that protested certain doctrines and then broke away to form their own organized religion in line with their own convictions of the bible. Thesame example is witnessed today by millions of Anglicans who are opposed to samesex marriages and have also decided to cut relations with the leadership of the Cantabury and form their own leadership in line with their own beliefs.
Muslims should learn to be open to issues and no hold-barz debate, that is how to help people to think and use their brains. They should stop being vague all the time with their usual mantra of "Islam is a religion of Peace", unless that serves as a placebo to make them feel all right about themselves and their religion, the reality does not support the cliché, simple!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 6:10am On Jan 02, 2011
rhymz:

. . Spot on sister! The non-muslims they are busy educating are not even interested in whether islam is as soft as wool or not, nobody here( me inclusive) will budge on what we believe about that religion not when the so-called Radical few with a flawed bent of mind are busy wreaking havoc in their society and justifying themselves using the Koran. How many times have they actually engaged these extremists in a serious debate of islamic ideology or correct their misconception of certain vague instructions that are rife in the Koran and can give way to so many interpretations as it has become evident from the goings-on. I ve seen Christians debate over certain doctrines in christiandom, people have challenged the authority of the Pope, irrespective of what history has told us about doing so. Today we ve the protestants-former Roman catholics that protested certain doctrines and then broke away to form their own organized religion in line with their own convictions of the bible. Thesame example is witnessed today by millions of Anglicans who are opposed to samesex marriages and have also decided to cut relations with the leadership of the Cantabury and form their own leadership in line with their own beliefs.
Muslims should learn to be open to issues and no hold-barz debate, that is how to help people to think and use their brains. They should stop being vague all the time with their usual mantra of "Islam is a religion of Peace", unless that serves as a placebo to make them feel all right about themselves and their religion, the reality does not support the cliché, simple!
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
-  Mahatma Gandhi

Christian televangelist Pat Robertson Says U.S. Should Kill Venezuela's Chavez
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aHRr2Ul10eC0&refer=latin_america

Can you see here that Christians like to recommend what they do not have?

I can see that you have not even been following what is happening in the religious sphere. So you really believe that suspected terrorists that are released are not "educated"? Do you think people who leave Gitmo Bay  go straight home!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by OlokoNla1(m): 6:14am On Jan 02, 2011
one thing is certain. Muslims in Nigeria are full of shit especially those up north. you look at the quality of life and exposure of the Muslims in countries like UAE,Malaysia, Saudi, Lebanon and Iran and you realize they are exposed, educated and not bigots.

They appreciate the beauty and importance of education as opposed to the idiots in the North of Nigeria who resisted western education to their peril. one of their so called leaders IBB once said,the North is 100 light years behind the south, Nigeria should break up, every tribe to their own and lets just see how long these illiterates who drag Nigeria's GDP to the dumps will last
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2011
sojjy:

@crackles,don't accuse men of God wrongly.Even if T.B is a fraud,you don't need to judge him as judgement only lies in God hands.I jst pity Yara'adua 4 wat Turai has turned him to.Power drunk turai.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-405152.0.html

Look at this type of statement - others can be judged, but not christians!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by dvee2: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2011
The centre can no longer hold?Never have i ever been more afraid about the survival of our nation than now.At this point we must all keep our differences apart and cue behind our president in this difficult time.we need to be strong for each other.these hate messages that devides us is like falling into the same trap set by the perpetrators of this crime.our nationhood is being tested.we may choose to be bystanders and co instigators in the destructive disintegration of our fatherland,or we may act in the believe that most powerful nation today have gone through more difficult period in the journey to their nationhood.i chose the later.are u with me?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by kabukabu50(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2011
Oloko Nla:

one thing is certain. Muslims in Nigeria are full of poo especially those up north. you look at the quality of life and exposure of the Muslims in countries like UAE,Malaysia, Saudi, Lebanon and Iran and you realize they are exposed, educated and not bigots.

They appreciate the beauty and importance of education as opposed to the idiots in the North of Nigeria who resisted western education to their peril. one of their so called leaders IBB once said,the North is 100 light years behind the south, Nigeria should break up, every tribe to their own and lets just see how long these illiterates who drag Nigeria's GDP to the dumps will last

Well said,but there are many western educated Muslims who have been involved in terrorism,the fact that they are educated does not nullify the zeal that they have for their extremist form of islam.

I believe that Nigeria's muslims are being influenced by the radicals abroad, in the 80s,there was little conflict, but since then,slowly, Nigerian muslims are being radicalised,First Sharia,then the cartoons,Miss Universe,boko haram,Polio vaccines, Nigeria will be like Sudan in the next 10 yrs
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by truly: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2011
^^^
globalisation comes with its demerits. Homosexuals could not talk in 80s? Today atheism is openly acknowledged.
Christians do not help matters. A man opens a thread to appeal to muslims to fight extremism. People now say all muslims are hypocrites.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by rhymz(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2011
Mr truely
What exactly is your point? Stop quoting people to support your point that I fail to see. There is a big difference between Christianity and Islam, while christians can commit crimes and what ve you, they dont hold the bible as a justification for their acts. Everytime a muslim commits acts of terror on others they hold up the Koran to justify their wickedness. Somebody once asked, if the likes of the Bokoharams and co are clear deviations of what the Koran actually preaches or they are actually the ones living it out in its entirety. I am begining to think the the latter might be true because the generally grave yard credence by Islamic leaders since the bokoharam onslaught is tantamount to a tacit support to these fools. I am sure if Christians had been killing Muslims and bombing their mosques, many of these taciturn muslim leaders would ve turned loquacious on tv holding press conferences and threatening fire and brimstone. The problem is whether these extremists are literate or not, it is the propensity of of the flawed ideology of islam that can turn an average person into a very violent and angry person with convictions to justify his rage. A lot of you hate it when it is pointed out to you in glare terms. What Pat Robertson said was an expression of her own personal opinions not backed by the bible of the ideals of christianity. Am sure an Imam has said sth similar before and backed it up with verses from the Koran.
You lot can continue to delude yourselves about the dangers and potentials of extremism in islam but a lot of us are tired of being scared of blowing up at every hint of an arguement with a muslim. It is high time one looked beyond being political correct and drive home the truth.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Riot5000: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2011
NO IGBO COMMUNITY IN THEIR RIGHT minds would allow a MOSQUE to be built near them.
That will a waiting time bomb.
Igbos must be careful or the progrom of 1966 will be reapeated where they had 30,000 headless bodies of their families shipped to them by trains.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Ttaiwo84(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2011
engineerd:

@Sweetnecta,
Renounce your religion and start using your brain! What is your definition of civility Dumbass, by the way, i think my comment is a universal truth. If you read it properly, i said IFF (which is conditional), cause those are the claims made by the "extremist" muslims, whateva that is! So i still stand by my words, IFF the the quaran preaches violence again unbelievers, then your leader mohammed is an animal and a MAD man! Trust me, i am not saying this as a christian, i would exchange words with you, but we are all seating behind the comfort of the WWW. so anyone can say anything, but i caution you, choose your words wisely, its not a threat! i guarantee you that.
u must be crazy  for saying that.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by rhymz(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2011
salamee:

the truth must be told at these trying times. only a good muslim who has the fear of God will condemn such acts sincerely.as one, i totally condemn this acts even though by fellow muslim brothers will not like it, i will say it any way cos it has already been mentioned here and its d truth.
the clause in the quran has given room 4 any body to interprete his own way.

Mohammed first revelation; Islam is a religion of peace

Many of Mohammed’s first revelations tell us the Christians and Jews are God's wonderful people;

(Surah 10:94 And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those (Christians & Jews) who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.

Mohammed's second (final) revelation
The Quran tells Muslims to kill the unbelievers wherever they find them (Surah 2.191), murder them and treat them harshly (Surah 9:123), slay them (Surah 9.5), fight with them (Surah 8:65 ), strive against them with great endeavor (Surah 25.52), be stern with them because they belong to hell (Surah 66.9) to strike off their heads; then after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives” for ransom (Surah 47.4).

This is the reason for much of the confusion within Islam as Muslims will quote you the more loving verses of the earlier revelations while ignoring the facts. However the Islamic fundamentalists know this well and they are condemned to hell by the Quran if they do not follow the last revelations.

(Surah 4:89) They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks,
(Quran 8.12} I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them,

I have done my research on the quran and bible and i have made my decision. all muslim brothers must embrace peace and help in eradicating terror and unjust killing of innocent blood. d radical few have painted all our good deeds black, lets make nigeria a better place because even major islamic nations dont have peace. peace can be attained thu diversity. the truth shall set nigeria free !!!!

. . A honest Muslim brother took his time and shunned the lip-service that a lot of muslims pay to islam and called a spade a spade.
With vague instructions such as these no wonder even very educated muslim converts turn out to be violent and irrational as is seen from people like Mutalab and the Black kid that participated in the london train bombings. A religion of Peace or A religion that is Pissed?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2011
Im not realy a great fan of the two religion! But if asked to pick one, i will jump for christianity. Why? u may want to ask. Where u find xtians u will see devlpment, when xtianity came to Nigeria it came wit schools( St. Charles, Methodist high, Baptist primary, etc), hospitals(ECWA hospitals, numerous Catholic hospitals, etc), and numerous charity orgnisatins which even muslims benefited and are still benefiting from! Even people like Br(Pst). T.B, whom i dont believe his miracles, have been so generous even to the muslim destitutes that i always pray for him.
But when u hear Islam or see a muslim, its fanatism, killing other people for not beleiving in islam! U dare not debate islam or else u are beating up. If u see an islamic schools or hospitals it is strictly for muslims and no other person is wellcomed!
Islam needs to do a lot if people is to see it positive.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Beync(f): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2011
Saying islam preaches peace is an irony to the highest order. wat peace  hav u portrayed or arr u try trying to portray given your voilent disposition? . my bible says by their friuths u shall no them. Back to our nysc camp, just to kill a cow dat was given to copers, some group of useless muslims
almost cuased  a riot situation in an atempt to practice their islamic tradition before the a cow dat was given to copers wud be killed arguing were to face cowand were not to faced b4 killing. u can imagine this idiosyncrasy towards public food :if not for the intervenntion of the officials i dont no how many fellows copers they wud hav butchered instead of cow. i dont wont to talk about the killing and grinding of souls in jos, it makes me wana go gaga on any muslim dat cross my way. if not dat God created human bein i wud hav thought if some of u evolv from wild beast dat devours human beings. nw u can attach me bt i dont fear enternet massacre,  u dont hav access to me to raise your knife. MSCHW EWUSLIMS!
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by AzukaO(m): 11:41am On Jan 02, 2011
I decided to take a break from participating in Nairaland and be an onlooker because of all the hate words that are spewed by some people on it, but I decided to come back because of this thread.

I commend the poster of this topic. That is a step in the right direction. Muslims who truly love their religion need to take serious action by demarketing the extremists/terrorists, forming groups against extremism and demonstrating against those who kill in the name of Islam. One Islamic cleric in America passed a fatwa on all Islamic fundamentalists some months ago.

@ Beta Thing, you sound educated and intelligent, so I expected you to make reasonable arguments. I am really disappointed at your worn-out, hackneyed attempt to prove that Christians, Japanese, Chinese, etc committed atrocities against other people, as well as saying that people kill others because they are under pressure. It is this type of mindset that makes other people conclude that all Muslims condone and defend terrorism.

The truth is that Islamic fundamentalists have made every Muslim across the world suspect. Muslims should be so scandalized and disgusted with these acts of terrorism that they should take every action necessary to reclaim their religion and portray it as the religion of peace.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by Alicious: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2011
@enginerd I am talking about respecting other people's religions by not cursing at them or their prophets. Do not blame the majority for the crimes of the minority. Simple as.

Anyway, No point arguing anything on here with people who are set in their ways. It is rife with illiteracy,

By God's grace we will be rid of all these problems, The government really needs to make apprehending the perpetrators of these attacks their number one priority.

Ciao smiley
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by AzukaO(m): 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
I think the Yorubas are the most tolerant as regards religion in the whole world. I stand corrected if anyone has any record of any other people who feel at home with the man a Muslim, wife Christian, 1st son Muslim, 2nd son Cele, 3rd son agnostic, daughter Christ Embassy, and yet they all live in peace and celebrate all their festivals together. I have never seen it in any other ethnic group in the world.

Secondly, Yorubas are the most rugged, consistent human rights fighters in Nigeria - Tai, Gani, Falana, Fela, Beko, etc.

Therefore, the Yoruba Muslims should as a matter of urgency lead a campaign against religious terrorism across the nation - organize a million-man march of only Muslims in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure etc to condemn in strong terms all acts of terrorism by fellow Muslims under the guise of Islam. The Hausa Muslims should also organize such marches and rallies in the North. This will send a message to the terrorists that even their Muslim brothers and sisters are against them.

No sacrifice is too much to fight this religious extremism. Violence begets violence.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by reindeer: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2011
truly:

Much has been said about the Quran

From the book of Mathew. Please explain these to us

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[b]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it

Glad you brought this up.
Christians are smart enough to understand a message meant for jews with their challenges at that time cannot be directly brought into affairs 2000 years later.
That will be folly and the moment you try to make religion a justification in the west, you'd be ready for lots of demonstrations and resistance.
Therein lies the difference with islam as we see today. People take messages meant for people 1500years ago and try to directly interpret it into todays world.
Savagery ia part of human history and there it should stay, not brought into modern day, and i doubt you'd see anyone today bringing out justification for evil from the bible, wish i could say the same for islam, but i can't, i listen to the news everyday.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion by MUZBO(m): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
Azuka.O:

I think the Yorubas are the most tolerant as regards religion in the whole world. I stand corrected if anyone has any record of any other people who feel at home with the man a Muslim, wife Christian, 1st son Muslim, 2nd son Cele, 3rd son agnostic, daughter Christ Embassy, and yet they all live in peace and celebrate all their festivals together. I have never seen it in any other ethnic group in the world.

Secondly, Yorubas are the most rugged, consistent human rights fighters in Nigeria - Tai, Gani, Falana, Fela, Beko, etc.

Therefore, the Yoruba Muslims should as a matter of urgency lead a campaign against religious terrorism across the nation - organize a million-man march of only Muslims in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure etc to condemn in strong terms all acts of terrorism by fellow Muslims under the guise of Islam. The Hausa Muslims should also organize such marches and rallies in the North. This will send a message to the terrorists that even their Muslim brothers and sisters are against them.

No sacrifice is too much to fight this religious extremism. Violence begets violence.
Smart post. Wish the rally could hold too! I do believe, like someone sed, that cultures influence religion and vice-versa. Yorubas love education by default and knowledge is power! - the power that will make u resist brain-washing by extremists. If the Hausas were that exposed then Boko Haram won't see light of day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Things You Must Know About The Nigerian Presidency / EFCC Shuts Obat Oil’s Tank Farm OverN1.2b Subsidy Cash Diversion / Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.