Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (35851 Views)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Gideoniteprime4: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Overwhelmed head?. cheesy cheesy
Your one minute of fame was epic!. Now allow me to Fvck off into obscurity.
Good thing you realized that!
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Xmen149(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Petyprincess:
Why date someone you can't marry in first place?

there are many reasons for dating dear.

the problem is when the reason is kept secret by both or either one of the duo leaving the other cluelessly stupid.

I also blame any of the most affected of the duo whom never asked questions but chose to nose dive after being enticed
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by akinwun(m): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:
No, it doesn't end there. You keep trying again and again until you are crippled by the effects of kneeling down. Then you start prostrating. undecided

grin grin grin
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
Why people still take the risk of proposing publicly beats me. Do you even know if that person loves you well enough or is even psychologically ready to marry you at that point in time?
Any man that attempts this with me is asking for trouble. I don't like drama.
Shut up, na Una go Dey cry wolf when men no marry Una..women smh
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
BurnStoner:

Shut up, na Una go Dey cry wolf when men no marry Una..women smh
Another mad one. grin Seun and his mods have their work cut out for them.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Gideoniteprime4:

Good thing you realized that!
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Another mad one. grin Seun and his mods have their work cut out for them.
I lie? No be Una Dey shout men are scum up & down after a break up ??
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
BurnStoner:
I lie? No be Una Dey shout men are scum up & down after a break up ??
Why don't you shout your own, boy?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Why don't you shout your own, boy?
When your bf proposes don’t accept nah ...Mtssw
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Slurity(m): 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
Why people still take the risk of proposing publicly beats me. Do you even know if that person loves you well enough or is even psychologically ready to marry you at that point in time?
You joking, I am going to do exactly the public proposal with you and you dare not say NO.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by mrgbenga1: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
leggybaba:

Any girl that tells you "thank you" after telling her i love you... Just know she doesn't love you..

Really!!! Can you please shed more light?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Truthshurts: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
Someone7:
For people who do public proposal just to go with the new trend that's the end.
For someone who's serious about marriage, talk about it with your woman why she rejected the proposal and if you can reconcile your differences.
I know a friend who's proposal was rejected because he was still staying his father's house. His father was highly placed and was very rich but the lady rejected because he wasn't ready to work hard and be responsible.
We his friends spoke with him and he changed. He got a job and moved to his own house. Even though much smaller, but it was his. He proposed again and she had a change of mind and now they're getting married soon

Super story.....
I think have watched that season episodes before..
Person wey go marry u go marry u
Person wey no go marry u will not marry u bro
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by gwininfo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
just look around you and give the ring to the next beautiful girl,if she refuses It would look like u were playing a prank all along........wisdom would not kill me

1 Like

Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Angelinastto(f): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:
No, it doesn't end there. You keep trying again and again until you are crippled by the effects of kneeling down. Then you start prostrating. undecided

r
Guy!! grin
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by 2buffagain(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Social media proposal.

Everything today is done for the gram.
It's stoop.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Truthshurts: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
Are you a fan of having your pictures uploaded on social medialike Facebook, Nairaland etc? Showing the world that you are about to get married? Posting here and there! You guys laughing, smiling and playing like you two are in Disneyland! An image of two people who are madly inlove?How do you deal with such an issue if you are the type who doesn't like spotlight but getting married to a person who is the opposite? It's a good thing to take pictures for the home albums, yes I would really love that, but having to show everyoneon the planet!!! people i don't even know exist!What is the essence of uploading the pictures online in the first place? I believe ladies are the instigators of these acts. Guys don't have time for such drama, well maybe a few guys. And the reasons are not too farfetche: To be the envy of everyone who views the pictures? To get likes and comments? To be the talk of the town? To read the AWWW!! and OHHHH!!!After that period of let's say 3 or 4 days of continuous bombardment of comments from people (even those you don't know), what next?I have come to realize that most of what we do when it's having to do with wedding preparation has alot to do about what people wouldsay or think rather than what you really want for your event. Some are even turning into a competition? with who exactly? probably someone you know who invited you to their own wedding? Or maybe you have a targeted person/audience who you want to show off to.Painting an expression that all is well is basically the reason for uploading pictures of you and your partner in happy and celebrating mood. The social media is just like a mirror. You willsee a fine reflection but you cannot see what is going on within it. The social media is now a tool to tell the world "my marriage is perfect", "I found my perfect partner" even when it is not the case.Social media lives among couples most times are the opposite of what is really going on in their home, in most case but not all.I rather we use the social media topropagate messages and news. I rather we use the social media to educate ourselves on the right and wrongs in the society. I ratherwe use the social media to fight corruption. I rather we use the social media to tell the world the truth about our country. I rather we use the social media to promote love and unity.I am not a fan of telling the world Iam getting married by uploading beautiful pictures on social media. I really don't see how it concerns you, who are reading this post. My families and friends are those who should even have info about the event.Don't get me wrong, but I am a fan of the social media, most especially Facebook. I can mention benefits I derive from Facebook:1. Meeting old and long forgotten friends again.2. Getting old school songs and videos from groups and meeting fans who are even crazier than me.3. Friend's birthday remembrance.In brief, posting of your pre-wedding photos online shouldnot be for strangers. What is theirbusiness about your marriage to start with? unless you are a celebrity, in which case you won't even be the one to post them online. But if you are not a celebrity, send them to friends and families who would make comments that would come with genuine affection and congratulations.

Wetin Happen!!!
Buhari Covid 19 speech sef no reach this....haba!!
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Truthshurts: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Vulcan24(m): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

And where did your mind go? Wedding night? cheesy

am a voluntary celibate.

those who wish to indulge in nuptial life should prepare for anything

albeit life continues as long as you don't end it yourself
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Truthshurts:

Super story.....
I think have watched that season episodes before..
Person wey go marry u go marry u
Person wey no go marry u will not marry u bro

Believe what you like and keep on watching your super story... "bro". Your business
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Stacyomolola(f): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tozic:

Hey,, can we be friends on this forum? Nothing like sending mail to one another or exchanging facebook username?
Just solely on intellectual discuss. You're extremely intelligent.
Yea, why not
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Akhimien78(m): 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
He is right though...

Chi59:

And that's why you're still stuck in the dark ages.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by NwaScore442(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
gwininfo:
just look around you and give the ring to the next beautiful girl,if she refuses It would look like u were playing a prank all along........wisdom would not kill me

It wil not kill u mi brodar cheesy cheesy
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Truthshurts: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
Someone7:

Believe what you like and keep on watching your super story... "bro". Your business

Am just playing with u nah...u dey vex oo. Are u from ekiti ni
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by oblaak(m): 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
I’m yet to understand why people propose. What’s so special about it?

Chi59:

Take a closer look, you'd see the second finger.
Thanks for asking.

You’re this ugly with tiny breasts and you have the effrontery to insult people on this forum?
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
oblaak:
I’m yet to understand why people propose. What’s so special about it?

You’re this ugly with tiny breasts and you have the effrontery to insult people on this forum?
Says the preek with a the eyesight of a bat cheesy
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by yanabasee(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stacyomolola:

so why havent u checked it ... Oh email probs, its ok

I don't have access to that email anymore....

That's why I asked for your email, instead. But, it's fine.... I really think, it's a mistake.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It's up to both parties to either split or continue, before a marriage proposal I'm sure both of em have agreed to get married some day; I mean why throw some random act.
They want to copy oyinbo people now, wey be say their relationship no dey get any reason or any plan
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by XshegzzyeeiX: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ningen:

Though I am very weak and hungry, but I had to laugh out loud.
Hahahahaha
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by schurley(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
ChilamNk:
If UBA ATM machine fails to dispense cash
Do you stick around waiting or move to another bank?

Don't mind the Op.....common sense is not common after all
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Mypeople2(m): 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
undecided if it fails you move on,I don't know why a guy will propose publicly to someone he hasn't discussed marriage with before, each time you tell your girl"I love you",she replies with"thank you",then one day,you wake up and decides to disgrace your village people. Even she claims to love you,discuss marriage with her severally before coming out public
People date for different reasons,not just women alone,men inclusive,not everyone you are dating wants to marry you.
Correct! You people should listen to this lady,she is a lady talking.You know every .I could remember when I asked a lady to be my girlfriend sometime ago , she said" I don't want to date you because I am not ready to marry now .I was just wondering if I asked her to marry me when when we have not even dated
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Soknown: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:
You are right, It is an emotional blackmail. Making critical live decision while sky-diving with all the adrenaline blaring away. they expect someone to jump in on a moving bandwagon because someone is on his knee and in front of camera, Kudos to Ladies that have 'man' up and walked away. What happens to the ol' fashioned way of sitting down to discuss your future together. These days if it is not on camera, glam and gram, it is audio.
Re: What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Soknown:

You are right, It is an emotional blackmail. Making critical live decision while sky-diving with all the adrenaline blaring away. they expect someone to jump in on a moving bandwagon because someone is on his knee and in front of camera, Kudos to Ladies that have 'man' up and walked away. What happens to the ol' fashioned way of sitting down to discuss your future together. These days if it is not on camera, glam and gram, it is audio.
You put it much better than I did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Girl Dumps Boyfriend After Collecting Birthday Gifts Worth About N700,000 / Foreign Lady Gives Her Fellow Ladies 5 Tips On Marrying A Nigerian Man (Video / Ladies, When You Sleep Around You Strip Your Future Husband Off Respect - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.