Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (35116 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
uckyra:
i mistook detergent as salt because it had d same container, i was eating the food n it was tasting detergent n i still didn't understand, until my brain reset ooooooh, i didnt eat the remaining food again

Why did you stop

Don't you know that it is always best to finish whatsoever it is that you have started?
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
My first attempt at making white amala, I was very young then.
I became impatient as the kerosene stove was too slow for my liking because water reaching boiling point was taking forever.
Summary: Instead of amala, what I made that day was a mess and I got some serious spankings as a result.

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Sanchez01: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Burnt offering...

As it was in the days of Noah.

[And] the odour of the sacrifice pleased the Lord. Gen. 8:21
A Bible passage to support it. Like seriously? grin

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by perdollar(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
I av never made a mistake while cooking. d mistake I made was after cooking. this stupid dog was all over me when I was cooking, after cooking I served ds dog food, d idiot just smell am lick a little and left. I was angry. though when I ate d food, I rejected it not only bc it was bad, but bc dog rejected my food. I never gave d dog food again.

3 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kiddkash(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
i don't know if this counts as food but when I was younger,
I wanted to make tea. I saw Nescafe, I thought it was the same as Milo
Brothers and Sisters I packed like 4 big spoons into the tea cup.
the thing was fvcking bitter. I added one full peak milk and more than
10 cubes of sugar, still it was fvcking bitter. I had to force myself to drink at least half of it
because I couldn't waste the peak milk like that

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Onnasucs1:
I used curry and thyme to cook Egusi soup

You must be an Indian, sir.

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MrPaul2: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
beewhy009:
Mine?

Almost 20 years ago, I wanted to prepare pounded yam... I put salt in the yam while cooking and the result was flabbergasting. � All cuz I wanted to show em at home I can now cook anything! grin

Share yours and let's enjoy em! grin
That was five year ago, I cook meat with Corry for okoro soup. Gosh the taste was horrible but the site and aroma of the soup was wow
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by blacq2009(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wanted to cook rice and beans. Then cooked the rice before I poured in the beans. Waited for eternity for the beans to cook until rice...... (tears)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ikorodureporta: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
1derfulGod:
when I was in jss 2 boarding school, I washed beans and rice together to cook

so far,na yr own funny pass
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by DabuIIIT: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thunda Faya the enemy.
This one ain't about food but water.
I was filling up my PET bottles with water to put in the fridge. I filled up the last one decided to drink that same last bottle o,of all the ones that I have filled up not knowing it was actually the bottle I used in buying kerosene!!!!! Infact, thunda faya the enemy 10 times!!! angry angry angry

Buh sha, kerosene bad for mouth o lolsssssss!!!!

5 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Sixaxis: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mine: Putting #5h kush in #100h indomie for the first time....�
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by bujebudanu1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Two occasions both with soap.

1. Used detergent instead of salt.
We washed the rice and ate it. Back then school.

2. Used this yellow liguid morning fresh to fry egg. So I noticed the egg wasn't rising inside the pot.
I went back to carry the same soap. I wanted to pour more only to discover I played myself .
Hunger kill me that day
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by DabuIIIT: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
kiddkash:
i don't know if this counts as food but when I was younger,
I wanted to make tea. I saw Nescafe, I thought i was the same as Milo
Brothers and Sisters I packed like 4 big spoons into the tea cup.
the thing was fvcking bitter. I added one full peak milk and more than
10 cubes of sugar, still it was fvcking bitter. I had to force myself to drink at least half of it
because I couldn't waste the peak milk like that

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by magzey: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
I forgot to lower down the fire even when the stew is almost done while preparing stew with Chicken ,I slept off only to wake up and be greeted by burning smoke from my kitchen. Too bad grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
sassysure:

Not good o.
Not healthy at all.
Will catch up with you later in life.

Some have trained their taste buds now to only tolerate little or no salt.

Later in life... sad

I can deal with that smiley

Just bring it on.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by lizychimamanda(f): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
I added sugar thinking it was salt.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by meme98: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mum asked me to cook beans. I prepared d beans with all ingredients except salt (I forgot to add salt). Time to eat n we normally eat together; the first person dat tasted d food was my dad... The shame for me dat day enhhh, no b here o.

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
olax02:
Lol...the aroma of the cooking must have confussed you...i guess it was snake soup... angry

Lol!
Please say no more o.
E get as hunger go wire you reach, your olfactory lobes go block.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by XhosaNostra(f): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
I thought I had switched off the stove while stepping out of the house for a quick errand. When I returned, well, smoke welcomed me at the door & needless to say, the meal was cremated. I begrudgingly ate a sandwich for dinner that night.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kachistone: 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
My neighbour used cockroach to cook beans for the family. He was not aware as the cockroach died inside the bottle of palm oil that he used for the beans.

And he cooked the food in the dark o. It was while they were eating the food that one of his brothers asked where the crayfish he is eating came from. Mind you, they didn't use crayfish o. (the brother had already eaten part of the cockroach in the food).

The rest is history.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by tot(f): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hilarious thread cheesy cheesy salt in yam for pounded yam haha!
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by SocialJustice: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
enemmo:
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o
grin grin grin
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
sassysure:
I actually made small spagetti with my wee wee in the middle of the night grin.
It took me like 4 days to discover what I did.
Thanks to sickness.

What sad

Sorry, do you like store your urine/weewee in the kitchen too? sad

Please, let me know before I... I... embarassed

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by WeRblessed(f): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Sorry I don't cook. Not that I can't, but someone took it as a job already.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by olax02(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
blacq2009:
Wanted to cook rice and beans. Then cooked the rice before I poured in the beans. Waited for eternity for the beans to cook until rice...... (tears)
Wow... You succeded in cooking ricebean cake grin

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
I slept off
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Taeewo(m): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
ikorodureporta:

...for wia?? It doesn't matter... it's even sweater when the ingredients mix-up from the onset
Na lie,if u put palm oil from the beginning,he no go don.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Sososo(f): 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
My own wAs pap. Added excess water to the pap till it became water side

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ikorodureporta: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Taeewo:
Na lie,if u put palm oil from the beginning,he no go don.
like this I dey cook beans, & everything don enta pot, before I come online... that's how I've been doing it... except na expired beans you cook smiley
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Angelacruz: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hilarious comments
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gracealone:
My first attempt at making white amala, I was very young then.
I became impatient as the kerosene stove was too slow for my liking because water reaching boiling point was taking forever.
Summary: Instead of amala, what I made that day was a mess and I got some serious spankings as a result.

Spanking... smiley

Choice word, I tell you. Choice word. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
izzou:
Pocohantas angry

Let's hear it

Most were rookie mistakes- oversalting and undone food. cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Between Garri And Semovita / See My Delicious Tomato Stew With Grilled Chicken. (Photos & Video) / Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.