Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge (18706 Views)

Photos From A Nairalanders Wedding Ceremony / Huge Man Caught His Woman With Her Personal Fitness Trainer. See What He Did Nex / "I Have Slept With 2,500 Ladies" - British Fitness Trainer Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
NwaEje:

shocked @bolded is that so?

I don't eat much sir, usually tea in the morning; anything in the evening. I'm not on diet, it doesn't protrude that much but I usually feel ''heavy''

Sir, I have lines drawn on my stomach just like Mr. OP too, just that I'm hairy there. My stomach folds a lot when I sit or bend...

I ask again, what do you normally eat? Is it Eba or bread what exactly? Name your normal dish
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
pansophist:

I ask again, what do you normally eat? Is it Eba or bread what exactly? Name your normal dish

Morning: tea and bread/Opa

Evening: rice/swallow/nothing at all etc

Today I ate Opa, tea and bread.. Ate spaghetti an hour and half ago.

Thanks...
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by iaamxavier(m): 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
Poster can you recommend some supplements you take and what's the secret to your chest??

In short what exactly is your work out routine, you look good

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 12:26am On May 01, 2020
NwaEje:

Morning: tea and bread/Opa

Evening: rice/swallow/nothing at all etc

Today I ate Opa, tea and bread.. Ate spaghetti an hour and half ago.

Thanks...

The typical Nigerian staple foods are unhealthy, not because the base foods are unhealthy in itself, but due to the way, it is processed. For example, rice is a healthy meal, but I have actually not seen natural (brown) rice in Nigeria with its bran, germ, and endosperm intact. It has been processed and the most nutritious component trashed out, selling only the refined version that has a high glycemic index rating. The same goes for bread (hardly seen a whole-wheat bread) and whole-wheat pasta.

Your diet is the issue. It may come as a shock to you, but they are not healthy because of the refining process they underwent, and possibly, the stored fat in your body. To be successful with the gym and see the result, you need to understand nutrition and how food reacts in your body. It is an important knowledge to know, as it will save you unnecessary doctors' visits, you will look healthy and get the body shape you desire.

I am not sure where you can find this, but if you are serious with it, you should substitute swallow (eba, fufu,) for wheat (because its a wholemeal and contains fiber, protein, and complex carbs), substitute rice for the brown/natural/unprocessed one, or just dish it and go for beans (moin moin, akara). Stop eating bread, it the greatest sin when it comes to losing fats unless you eat in few quantities a whole-wheat bread, not the normal agege bread that's refined and been mixed with sugar. Also eats lots of vegetables, low glycemic fruits (such as carrot, avocado, watermelon,), and nuts.

I understand that all this can be hard, I do not live in Nigeria, and anytime I visit, it is hard to keep my weight. I was in Naija for a few months and gained weight because it was painfully difficult to find foods that have not been heavily processed. If you can stick to beans (you will get fiber, complex carbs, proteins, and other micronutrients from its), proteins (fish, meat), nuts, and vegetables, you will do fine. I do not know your goal, so this is a piece of general advice. I can advise you specifically if I know what your goal is. And drink lots of water.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 5:51am On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

Good. Just as you're getting an ideal look, your mood will also become better. I am currently cutting aggressively and I noticed my mood gets better with time, I can also see my cheekbone. Did you experience such?

I also took up fitness challenge since last month. Lost 5kg of pure fat. Doing the final cutting with psmf diet, it's a hard diet but very effective. True, dieting is the most important and also the hardest part. You look good mate. Keep it up.
Did you also notice that the more one exercises and gets "fitter," one doesn't succumb to stress easily as before?

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:04am On May 01, 2020
do u work out and do u have 6 packs smiley
Martinez39s:
Did you also notice that the more one exercises and gets "fitter," one doesn't succumb to stress easily as before?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
do u work out and do u have 6 packs smiley
I work out, and I have six packs that are visible but not too prominent as I want.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:18am On May 01, 2020
I like
can I see a pic?
Martinez39s:
I work out, and I have six packs that are visible but not too prominent as I want.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2020
Kingsteve:

I'm also an exercise junkie.
Before the outbreak, I used to walk/jog for more than 30mins, three-four times weekly.
Now, it's almost everyday!

My question...
How did you work on your chest?
I want my chest stronger and firmer.
My abs are gradually coming up, but more work to be done.

I don't go to the gym though.
Since you don't go to the gym that means you rely on body weight workouts ...stick to push ups for a broader and thicker chest,start doing more reps .

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2020
iaamxavier:
Poster can you recommend some supplements you take and what's the secret to your chest??

In short what exactly is your work out routine, you look good
I'm in Benue ,supplements ain't available here but as you know food is cheaper down here.
The chest is a result of bench press,constant bench press.

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 6:45am On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
I like
can I see a pic?
No.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:45am On May 01, 2020
please na undecided
Martinez39s:
No.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

The typical Nigerian staple foods are unhealthy, not because the base foods are unhealthy in itself, but due to the way, it is processed. For example, rice is a healthy meal, but I have actually not seen natural (brown) rice in Nigeria with its bran, germ, and endosperm intact. It has been processed and the most nutritious component trashed out, selling only the refined version that has a high glycemic index rating. The same goes for bread (hardly seen a whole-wheat bread) and whole-wheat pasta.

Your diet is the issue. It may come as a shock to you, but they are not healthy because of the refining process they underwent, and possibly, the stored fat in your body. To be successful with the gym and see the result, you need to understand nutrition and how food reacts in your body. It is an important knowledge to know, as it will save you unnecessary doctors' visits, you will look healthy and get the body shape you desire.

I am not sure where you can find this, but if you are serious with it, you should substitute swallow (eba, fufu,) for wheat (because its a wholemeal and contains fiber, protein, and complex carbs), substitute rice for the brown/natural/unprocessed one, or just dish it and go for beans (moin moin, akara). Stop eating bread, it the greatest sin when it comes to losing fats unless you eat in few quantities a whole-wheat bread, not the normal agege bread that's refined and been mixed with sugar. Also eats lots of vegetables, low glycemic fruits (such as carrot, avocado, watermelon,), and nuts.

I understand that all this can be hard, I do not live in Nigeria, and anytime I visit, it is hard to keep my weight. I was in Naija for a few months and gained weight because it was painfully difficult to find foods that have not been heavily processed. If you can stick to beans (you will get fiber, complex carbs, proteins, and other micronutrients from its), proteins (fish, meat), nuts, and vegetables, you will do fine. I do not know your goal, so this is a piece of general advice. I can advise you specifically if I know what your goal is. And drink lots of water.
Thanks for the insight,I'm also getting new tips... Would be posting day25 on the 5th of this month,God's willing.

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:48am On May 01, 2020
Martinez39s:
very true... People around me think I'm on drugs because of my energy level,ladies inclusive.

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:49am On May 01, 2020
Day25 comes up on the 5th of May!

Happy new month guys!

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 6:55am On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
please na undecided
If you want to see a picture of my six packs and built chest, send me a video of at least 15 minutes of you twerking in a bra and g-string, then drop 40,000 naira in my bank account. smiley tongue
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 6:57am On May 01, 2020
nawa for ordinary picture
and who tf twerks for 15 minutes straight? even meg the stallion can't
keep ya picture, don't want to see again
Martinez39s:
If you want to see a picture of my six packs and built chest, send me a video of at least 15 minutes of you twerking in a bra and g-string, then drop 40,000 naira in my bank account. smiley tongue
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 6:59am On May 01, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
very true... People around me think I'm on drugs because of my energy level,ladies inclusive.
Exactly! cheesy Another thing I noticed when I started working out last year is that my mental clarity and flexibility increased a little bit. I am not sure if it applies to everyone. Did you notice such?

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
nawa for ordinary picture
and who tf twerks for 15 minutes straight? even meg the stallion can't
keep ya picture, don't want to see again
Haba, don't give up nah. I will reduce it to 8 minutes; 20k for a picture of my well built chest (slightly hairy) and my six packs (a bit hairy). 40k if you want to see a shaved pics. grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 7:13am On May 01, 2020
something I can easily google for free
bye jareh
just show small picture you no fit
mtschew
Martinez39s:
Haba, don't give up nah. I will reduce it to 8 minutes; 20k for a picture of my well built chest (slightly hairy) and my six packs (a bit hairy). 40k if you want to see a shaved pics. grin grin grin

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Kingsteve(m): 7:27am On May 01, 2020
NeduLuiZ:

Since you don't go to the gym that means you rely on body weight workouts ...stick to push ups for a broader and thicker chest,start doing more reps .
Nice one!
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Martinez39s(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2020
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
something I can easily google for free
bye jareh
just show small picture you no fit
mtschew
Myschew. Common 40k and 8 minutes twerking video in bra and g-strings, you no fit drop. Bye jareh. Time waster. undecided

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2020
Martinez39s:
Exactly! cheesy Another thing I noticed when I started working out last year is that my mental clarity and flexibility increased a little bit. I am not sure if it applies to everyone. Did you notice such?
on my end it makes me cold in a good way... Comes with this IDGAF attitude, nothing shakes me when I'm really working out consistently...

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 7:38am On May 01, 2020
you too, bye
with your stingy with pictures ass undecided
Martinez39s:
Myschew. Common 40k and 8 minutes twerking video in bra and g-strings, you no fit drop. Bye jareh. Time waster. undecided
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by SKhanmi: 8:35am On May 01, 2020
Great development! although if I were you I'll focus more on the legs now. Used to have the same problem until I started treating it the way I treat my arms & chest. Ended up with minimal thigh gap embarassed. And I only did weighted heels up, lunges & squats. The calves will need years of hard training to even out though. Not surprising since they are used to supporting all that already.

Personally I don't care for aesthetics. I prefer the bulk mode, going around feeling like a wind up engine. The strength that comes with that is intoxicating.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 8:46am On May 01, 2020
pansophist:

Thanks a lot sir, I appreciate... God bless..
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2020
Martinez39s:

Of course. That's a scientific fact.

The fatter one is, the more sluggish they become. It should not come as a surprise why all athletes have less than 10% body fat, ranging with six packs, as it optimize performance. Body fat (subcutaneous and visceral fats) clogs your arteries, lungs, heart, and cardiovascular ability. It is why when a fat person runs, or climb the stairs, they breathe heavily. Their heart and lungs are surrounded with fat.

In the wild, being fat is death sentence. It simply means that you'll be a meal for other predators. Have you ever seen a fat deer, antelope, lion or just any animal? Think about it. Only in zoos you'll see fat animals, not in their natural habitat, in the wild. Also, being obese is a recent phenomena, humans have always been fit, and it has enabled us to thrive up to this point, and not become a meal for other predators in the harsh terrain of our world.

So to improve ones performance, one must be slim. The benefit is immense. You'll age graciously, be confident in your appearance, be attractive and optimal, good mood and can easily run when it comes to survival. Imagine a war happens tomorrow and you have to walk to Accra to seek refuge, been fat will act against you in such survival journey. So there you go. Be fit my friend. It's a moral duty.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by missimelda01(f): 1:06pm On May 01, 2020
Op your body is finee kiss
Well done, I'm struggling to continue with my daily workout routine which consists of skipping and simple abs workouts. I guess I'll just keep staring at consistent people like you from afar sad

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by TissuePaper: 7:04pm On May 01, 2020
Can I join you on your fitness challenge?

Day 1

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 10:23am On May 02, 2020
missimelda01:
Op your body is finee kiss
Well done, I'm struggling to continue with my daily workout routine which consists of skipping and simple abs workouts. I guess I'll just keep staring at consistent people like you from afar sad
try keeping up with it,the benefits far outweighs the struggle.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2020
TissuePaper:
Can I join you on your fitness challenge?

Day 1
nice one bro...seens you've been working out before now,make sure to post pictures of your progress.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
Day15
Is it just running that got u the abs or weight lifting and other things.

I have been doing push ups lately and still nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tolotolo Babes / Nigerian Lady Advises Men In Relationships To Stop Acting Single / Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62