Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge (18590 Views)

Photos From A Nairalanders Wedding Ceremony / Huge Man Caught His Woman With Her Personal Fitness Trainer. See What He Did Nex / "I Have Slept With 2,500 Ladies" - British Fitness Trainer Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by TissuePaper: 11:48am On May 02, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
nice one bro...seens you've been working out before now,make sure to post pictures of your progress.
ok boss
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by lammylam(f): 1:25pm On May 02, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
Here we go ...Day20 which is today!

Ahn ahn! That your smile ehn!

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Smog95(m): 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
[b][/b]
NeduLuiZ:
Good day nairalanders,I guess this maybe the best section to post this,since this is where I visit most.
The pandemic has granted me an ironic freedom,so I decided to embark on a fitness challenge... It's to run for 60days and today been day 20 I've decided to carry my nairaland family along,who knows I might be inspiring others.

Constructive criticism is allowed!

Below is a picture for day1
NeduLuiZ:
Good day nairalanders,I guess this maybe the best section to post this,since this is where I visit most.
The pandemic has granted me an ironic freedom,so I decided to embark on a fitness challenge... It's to run for 60days and today been day 20 I've decided to carry my nairaland family along,who knows I might be inspiring others.

NeduLuiZ:

this isn't day 1, u have been doing it for long, so cut the crap

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Skepticus: 5:03pm On May 02, 2020
pansophist:

Good. Just as you're getting an ideal look, your mood will also become better. I am currently cutting aggressively and I noticed my mood gets better with time, I can also see my cheekbone. Did you experience such?

I also took up fitness challenge since last month. Lost 5kg of pure fat. Doing the final cutting with psmf diet, it's a hard diet but very effective. True, dieting is the most important and also the hardest part. You look good mate. Keep it up.

I've been doing quite the opposite (on purpose, though) bulking up by consuming fat to have calorie fuel and base for building muscle mass. I'm not much into the aesthetic part (being ripped). I'm all about building strength and muscle mass as a powerlifter.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:30am On May 03, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:

Is it just running that got u the abs or weight lifting and other things.

I have been doing push ups lately and still nothing
I run twice a week,I do much of weights,cardio shreds me too much.

Well diet is another thing!
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 6:31am On May 03, 2020
Smog95:
[b][/b]

this isn't day 1, u have been doing it for long, so cut the crap
lol of course I've been exorcising, who doesn't??

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by nappy760(m): 7:26am On May 03, 2020
Hi guys, I also have tried working out but I have never been consistent. Always in and out.
I'd say my major issues are abs and legs.

Abs is my worst fear, second to legs grin

Also diet, it's just so hard to keep to a strict diet followed with the fact that I am not a big fan of beans

Bread freak grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
I run twice a week,I do much of weights,cardio shreds me too much.

Well diet is another thing!

Nice. Does running have anything to do with abs or just its just for increased strength?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Kingsteve(m): 9:54pm On May 03, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:

Is it just running that got u the abs or weight lifting and other things.

I have been doing push ups lately and still nothing
lol.
You see ehh...that push-up thing depends on how your chest is naturally.
If you have natural big chest that lacks solidity and firmness, I think push-ups will make it more solid.

On the other hand, if one's chest is flat, I don't think there's any amount of push-ups that will make it bulge out.

My thoughts though.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2020
Kingsteve:

lol.
You see ehh...that push-up thing depends on how your chest is naturally.
If you have natural big chest that lacks solidity and firmness, I think push-ups will make it more solid.

On the other hand, if one's chest is flat, I don't think there's any amount of push-ups that will make it bulge out.

My thoughts though.

Well, my chest is flat and a friend of mine said I can get abs from doing push ups.regulatlu grin cheesy
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:

Nice. Does running have anything to do with abs or just its just for increased strength?
when you run consistently your fat level drops,so I'll say it has a lot to do with abs!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2020
Day25!!!

I feel I can run through walls right now...

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Francis95(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2020
Mine

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Kingsteve(m): 9:10am On May 05, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
when you run consistently your fat level drops,so I'll say it has a lot to do with abs!
Sure!
Naturally, I used to have slight belle fat, not until I intensified jogging and walking long distances, then the six packs became slightly visible.

Still...more work to be done on the abs, for that superman physique!
grin

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Chuky7(m): 4:02pm On May 07, 2020
dake40:
Nice one bro.. Just ordered for my SERIOUS MASS PROTEIN POWDER as i find it so hard to eat. Most times, i eat once per/day (I have enough foods just no appetite to eat)

Hopefully that will help me!

how much did you buy the protein powder bro?

and does it work?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Chuky7(m): 4:03pm On May 07, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
Been eating lots of protein,fruits,healthy fats and trying hard to avoid junks Diet has been the hardest part thus far.
What kind of protein you eat?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Chuky7(m): 4:05pm On May 07, 2020
pansophist:

The typical Nigerian staple foods are unhealthy, not because the base foods are unhealthy in itself, but due to the way, it is processed. For example, rice is a healthy meal, but I have actually not seen natural (brown) rice in Nigeria with its bran, germ, and endosperm intact. It has been processed and the most nutritious component trashed out, selling only the refined version that has a high glycemic index rating. The same goes for bread (hardly seen a whole-wheat bread) and whole-wheat pasta.

Your diet is the issue. It may come as a shock to you, but they are not healthy because of the refining process they underwent, and possibly, the stored fat in your body. To be successful with the gym and see the result, you need to understand nutrition and how food reacts in your body. It is an important knowledge to know, as it will save you unnecessary doctors' visits, you will look healthy and get the body shape you desire.

I am not sure where you can find this, but if you are serious with it, you should substitute swallow (eba, fufu,) for wheat (because its a wholemeal and contains fiber, protein, and complex carbs), substitute rice for the brown/natural/unprocessed one, or just dish it and go for beans (moin moin, akara). Stop eating bread, it the greatest sin when it comes to losing fats unless you eat in few quantities a whole-wheat bread, not the normal agege bread that's refined and been mixed with sugar. Also eats lots of vegetables, low glycemic fruits (such as carrot, avocado, watermelon,), and nuts.

I understand that all this can be hard, I do not live in Nigeria, and anytime I visit, it is hard to keep my weight. I was in Naija for a few months and gained weight because it was painfully difficult to find foods that have not been heavily processed. If you can stick to beans (you will get fiber, complex carbs, proteins, and other micronutrients from its), proteins (fish, meat), nuts, and vegetables, you will do fine. I do not know your goal, so this is a piece of general advice. I can advise you specifically if I know what your goal is. And drink lots of water.

bro what's your workout like?

how do u build biceps?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 11:39pm On May 07, 2020
Chuky7:

bro what's your workout like?

how do u build biceps?

I do a simple exercise known as 5x5 for strength, and jogging for cardio. They are all compound exercises that worked for all the major muscle groups in your body. It is simple, effective, and not complicated.

They are Squats, Deadlift, Bench press, overhead press, barbell row. So you start with how many kgs you can lift, then progress from there. For jogging, I try to run 5 miles in 40 mins, though 45 mins are my average. If the weather is bad, I do jump rope instead. It is as effective as running, as it burns as much, if not more calories, and recruit more muscle group than running. If you want to burn an excessive amount of calories, then do stair climbing.

Sometimes when I eat large food (such as swallow and junks), and my stomach feels like a big iceblock is inside that refuse to melt, I use stairs climbing to force into digestion. If you do it for 30 mins, every day, you go slim by force. It is more effective than running and jump rope combined. Also, you must get nutrition right. Let me know how I can help you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 10:48am On May 08, 2020
Chuky7:

What kind of protein you eat?

beans,fish,meat...stuffs like avocado is also cool

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 11:24am On May 08, 2020
OP you are fit wink, your day one is many people's day 60.

I too was a fitness enthusiast but life got in the way. I started again on April 5, 2020 and so far, so good. I do a timed circuit training routine with weights.

I love the feeling I get after a workout, the endorphins makes me so happy and liberated. I try to work out everyday. My workouts are under 15minutes, if workouts are short and sweet, many people will not dread it.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by ceejeck(m): 11:31am On May 08, 2020
NeduLuiZ:

I don't wanna discourage you o
But your Day 1 pics is the best of them all.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Prodigee: 11:42am On May 08, 2020
pansophist:

I do a simple exercise known as 5x5 for strength, and jogging for cardio. They are all compound exercises that worked for all the major muscle groups in your body. It is simple, effective, and not complicated.

They are Squats, Deadlift, Bench press, overhead press, barbell row. So you start with how many kgs you can lift, then progress from there. For jogging, I try to run 5 miles in 40 mins, though 45 mins are my average. If the weather is bad, I do jump rope instead. It is as effective as running, as it burns as much, if not more calories, and recruit more muscle group than skipping rope. If you want to burn an excessive amount of calories, then do stair climbing.

Sometimes when I eat large food (such as swallow and junks), and my stomach feels like a big iceblock is inside that refuse to melt, I use stairs climbing to force into digestion. If you do it for 30 mins, every day, you go slim by force. It is more effective than running and jump rope combined. Also, you must get nutrition right. Let me know how I can help you.
Bro you could open a thread for your fitness regimen to motivate people like us that have just half pack lipsrsealed
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 12:33pm On May 08, 2020
ceejeck:

I don't wanna discourage you o
But your Day 1 pics is the best of them all.
Lol ...you can't discourage me!
It's my body and I'm choosing how to look.

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Chuky7(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2020
pansophist:

They are Squats, Deadlift, Bench press, overhead press, barbell row. So you start with how many kgs you can lift, then progress from there. For jogging, I try to run 5 miles in 40 mins, though 45 mins are my average. If the weather is bad, I do jump rope instead. It is as effective as running, as it burns as much, if not more calories, and recruit more muscle group than skipping rope. If you want to burn an excessive amount of calories, then do stair climbing.

nice...

I'm more focused on adding muscle mass...I'm kind of skinny but I'm pushing out of that statue soon...

so what workout do I need to build n retain(most times I drop quickly) muscle mass mostly biceps ...looking for bigger arms.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Chuky7(m): 1:55pm On May 08, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
beans,fish,meat...stuffs like avocado is also cool

nice...
I'm more focused on adding muscle mass...I'm kind of skinny but I'm pushing out of that statue soon...
so what workout do I need to build n retain(most times I drop quickly) muscle mass mostly biceps ...looking for bigger arms.

what's your tip?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:50pm On May 08, 2020
Chuky7:

nice...

what's your tip?
Go for compound exercises, squats,bench press,deadlift...boss pansophist mentioned them above.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:28am On May 14, 2020
This was day30

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 1:31pm On May 20, 2020
Day35

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by NeduLuiZ(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2020
Day40

Putting up them muscles...

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Ryan03(f): 5:43pm On May 20, 2020
MJBOLT:
which day man go get chest like this?even if i do 200 press ups nothing go show
grin grin grin grin I nor expect this one from you at all
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Ryan03(f): 5:46pm On May 20, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Desperation is written allover this post
nah, appreciating a good look doesn't make you desperate, trying so hard to belittle someone's look simply because you can't get him or catch his attention is the true act of desperation

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by nauttyn(m): 6:01pm On May 20, 2020
Baba you go increase the days for this challenge ni ohh.
Day 1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Male Ego: What Is It? / Why Women Are Like Cats, Men Are Like Dogs / Can You Leave Your Phone Unlocked With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.