Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge (18613 Views)

Photos From A Nairalanders Wedding Ceremony / Huge Man Caught His Woman With Her Personal Fitness Trainer. See What He Did Nex / "I Have Slept With 2,500 Ladies" - British Fitness Trainer Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
nappy760:
undecided how do you guys work on your stomach

I dread doing stomach workout

Me too, I hate stomach workout, but how I go around it is that I work the stomach by compound exercises that also recruit the core (stomach) muscles. Do deadlift, in my view, it is one of the best (if not the best) stomach workout. See the attached pics below, it is a diagram of the muscles that are worked simultaneously when you do the deadlift exercise. If you can progressively deadlift 150kg 5x5, you are strong.

Also, there is no such thing as spot fat reduction. Training only the core muscles doesn't mean you'll have six-packs if you do not eat right. Food does the fat loss, and weightlifting does the toning. The less fat you have, the more defined you will look, and your masculine physique will accentuate, and become formidable.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Warlord2012:
Still going slow and steady...day 15...just push ups and sit up
Any guy with complete gym equipment around oredo benin city.

Help your guy, because i can't afford a standard gym center for now.

Oh man, I like your physique. I showed my girlfriend and she thinks you are hot. You look toned and well proportioned with a slimy fit frame grin

But as a guy that has been in the fitness world for over 10 years, I will tell you that your food is more important than what you carry. I do not know what your diet is like, but you should reduce your refined carb intake, or just switch to legumes (beans, oats, moin moin etc).

If you can build a calisthenic point, it will save you money for gym subscription, unnecessary time going, and coming from the gym, and you will keep fit. Just outside my house, I am lucky to have a calisthenic point, and that saves me time and money.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
NeduLuiZ:
#Day50 guys.

Nice job man, although you should try switching to a ketogenic diet, to reduce your doughy look. I can see you are well-built, and you need dieting to finish up the work and clear off those extra layers of subcutaneous fat covering the definition of your muscles.

Fine boy grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
For guys that want to get fit without going to gym, it is 100% possible. You need to get a skipping rope (works your cardiovascular) or sprint/jog, then do push-ups. With just skipping rope, push up, and eating clean, you will look fit and strong.

We need more guys to join the journey. At least if you achieve a healthy look during this corona, then it's a good start. Shoot your question, and get free personal coaching.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2020
So guys like these dey Nigeria, how come I only meet fufu and akpu shaped guys? cry
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by nappy760(m): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Me too, I hate stomach workout, but how I go around it is that I work the stomach by compound exercises that also recruit the core (stomach) muscles. Do deadlift, in my view, it is one of the best (if not the best) stomach workout. See the attached pics below, it is a diagram of the muscles that are worked simultaneously when you do the deadlift exercise. If you can progressively deadlift 150kg 5x5, you are strong.

Also, there is no such thing as spot fat reduction. Training only the core muscles doesn't mean you'll have six-packs if you do not eat right. Food does the fat loss, and weightlifting does the toning. The less fat you have, the more defined you will look, and your masculine physique will accentuate, and become formidable.

undecided 150kg?.....I am just about 70kg grin

I know my major problem is diet and inconsistency.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by nappy760(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:
For guys that want to get fit without going to gym, it is 100% possible. You need to get a skipping rope (works your cardiovascular) or sprint/jog, then do push-ups. With just skipping rope, push up, and eating clean, you will look fit and strong.

We need more guys to join the journey. At least if you achieve a healthy look during this corona, then it's a good start. I lost my sister recently and fell into depression, and added 15kg of fat after binge eating to cope, but I am over it now and lost almost everything, just 3 more kg more to lose. I lost it in just two months (March to May).

If I can do it, you can do it too. Shoot your question, and get free personal coaching cool

Ariza, you wan join? I see you are looking grin

Sorry about your sister sad

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

We need more guys to join the journey. At least if you achieve a healthy look during this corona, then it's a good start. I lost my sister recently and fell into depression , and added 15kg of fat after binge eating to cope, but I am over it now and lost almost everything, just 3 more kg more to lose. I lost it in just two months (March to May) this year.

If I can do it, you can do it too. Shoot your question, and get free personal coaching cool

Ari za, you wan join? I see you are looking grin
@bolded cry cry cry cry . Sorry about your sister. cry Hope you are good now.

Me ke.... I'm looking for fat self,like if I can get someone to INJECT into me, I won't mind . grin grin I'm maintaining my small fat Biko grin
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Warlord2012:
Still going slow and steady...day 15...just push ups and sit up
Any guy with complete gym equipment around oredo benin city.

Help your guy, because i can't afford a standard gym center for now.
See shape!!! kiss kiss kiss.

Will you be my 10000th boifren? grin. I'm stuck at 9999
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ariza:
@bolded cry cry cry cry . Sorry about your sister. cry Hope you are good now.

Me ke.... I'm looking for fat self,like if I can get someone to INJECT into me, I won't mind . grin grin I'm maintaining my small fat Biko grin

No worry, just no go fat anyhow sha, maintain yourself as you like that. Lifting na more of a male thing, for women, na to fine and get better yansh grin

So engage in exercise that works the gluteous (yansh) muscles. You need am o, because the epidemic of young girls with beer belly I see these days, I de fear seriously. cool
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
nappy760:

Sorry about your sister sad

Thanks mate. My regards
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Moralgladiator:
Keep it up bro!
I'm 6'2 so I no too gather.
Now this is more like it! I love how perfect this is. Especially the chest...No big breasts, all in rhymes.

Perfect!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
nappy760:

undecided 150kg?.....I am just about 70kg grin

I know my major problem is diet and inconsistency.

The keyword here is consistency, progression, and eating right. I started with 50kg, and over a period of five years, I could do 150kg. Strength training is not like sprinting (instant), its like a marathon (slow and steady).
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Omar09(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

We need more guys to join the journey. At least if you achieve a healthy look during this corona, then it's a good start. I lost my sister recently and fell into depression, and added 15kg of fat after binge eating to cope, but I am over it now and lost almost everything, just 3 more kg more to lose. I lost it in just two months (March to May).

It is well.... Quite a pity she had to leave so soon. May her soul rest in peace brother.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by folake4u(f): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rozz:
would soon share mine too here or is it for men alone? , but first let me go and prepare very well for the bashing that will be bombarding me left right and centre

Please share oh, I will be here cheering you on.
Don't forget to mention me when you drop the gist smiley
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by fayded(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

I've been doing some bench press for a week now. I want to get a bigger broader chest. But so far, no much difference, just Dt my arms are getting bigger and I have better endurance, buh my chest never too show.
Also, d gym instructor said I should stick to living a lightweight than one heavy one like Dt.
According to him, d light one aids more in body building.
With dt light one I do, close hands 20reps for ten times
And then I widen my hands and do 15reps also 10times
Pls how do I do it.. So Dt my chest will increase..

Sorry bout ur sister.. May her soul rest in perfect peace

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rozz:
would soon share mine too here or is it for men alone? , but first let me go and prepare very well for the bashing that will be bombarding me left right and centre

It is not for only men. Please share, I believe lots of women are reading silently looking for who to take the first dive, be courageous, and be the first to share. I will hype you scatter and put you right on track. Also, it is applaudable when someone is getting better within their means, and anyone shutting you down doesn't speak any bad of you, but of them, and I will hammer than with yabbing. My guarantee to you.

So ladies, abeg, come on board, let us all get fit together.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
fayded:

I've been doing some bench press for a week now. I want to get a bigger broader chest. But so far, no much difference, just Dt my arms are getting bigger and I have better endurance, buh my chest never too show.
Also, d gym instructor said I should stick to living a lightweight than one heavy one like Dt.
According to him, d light one aids more in body building.
With dt light one I do, close hands 20reps for ten times
And then I widen my hands and do 15reps also 10times
Pls how do I do it.. So Dt my chest will increase..

Sorry bout ur sister.. May her soul rest in perfect peace

I am not sure about the truism of what your coach said, though, I see no way you can grow muscle by lifting light. Muscles are built when external forces (such as weightlifting) that are heavier than the capability of your muscles are exerted, to a point that it breaks the muscle tissue. Then you repair and heal it by proper nutrition such as glucose (carbs), proteins, and micronutrients found in nuts and vegetables.

So it is not correct for your coach to tell you that you should lift lighter. Lifting lighter doesn't challenge your muscle to grow. All your life, you have been lifting lighter, from lifting cups, carrying your backpack, clothes, etc. Your muscles are not challenged with such tiny weight, so your coach is wrong. If he disagrees, point him to this thread and he should explain how lighter weight helps muscle growth.

A week is too small to expect any result bro, at least after four weeks, you will begin to notice any difference. Also, your muscle will not grow if you do not increase your protein intake, as proteins are the nutrient that aids muscle growth after breaking it down with training. How much are you lifting now? and what is the range of your body fat percentage? Also, How is your diet like?
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by fayded(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

I am not sure about the truism of what your coach said, though. I see no way you can grow muscle by lifting light. Muscles are built when external forces that are heavier than the capability of your muscles are exerted, to a point that it breaks the muscle tissue. Then you repair and heal it by proper nutrition such as glucose (carbs), proteins, and micronutrients found in nuts and vegetables.

So it is not correct for your coach to tell you that you should lift lighter. Lifting lighter doesn't challenge your muscle to grow. All your life, you have been lifting lighter, from lifting cups, carrying your backpack, clothes, etc. Your muscles are not challenges with such tiny weight, so your coach is wrong. If he disagrees, point him to this thread and he should explain how lighter weight helps muscle growth.

A week is too small to expect any result bro, at least after four weeks, you will begin to notice any difference. Also, your muscle will not grow if you do not increase your protein intake, as proteins are the nutrient that aids muscle growth after breaking it down with training. How much are you lifting now? and what is the range of your body fat percentage? Also, How is your diet like?

It's a street gym ooo..so d weights are not labeled..
I dunno my body fat percentage oo.. I'm 6' 2 and I weigh 88..
I eat mostly light food oo, like Spag, rice, don't eat Garri or fufu.. Eat beans probably once a week. And I've been avoiding soft drinks or beer for sometime now
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
fayded:

It's a street gym ooo..so d weights are not labeled..
I dunno my body fat percentage oo.. I'm 6' 2 and I weigh 88..
I eat mostly light food oo, like Spag, rice, don't eat Garri or fufu.. Eat beans probably once a week. And I've been avoiding soft drinks or beer for sometime now

See the pics below, to get an idea of your boy fat percentage level.

Spaghetti and rice are not healthy since they are refined and got their most nutritional component stripped off during processing, if you can eat more of beans, it will help you.

The rice that is ubiquitously available in Naija has only the starchy (sugary) part, the most nutritional part (such as the fiber, bran, endosperm, and hull) is absent. If you can switch to beans, you automatically solve this problem. So no matter how you lift, if you continue eating white rice and white spaghetti, you are basically reloading more sugar (fat) into your body, and not getting the full nutrition to aid fat loss and muscle growth.

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Trex4(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Spaghetti and rice are not healthy since they are refined and got their most nutritional component stripped off during processing, if you can eat more of beans, it will help you.

The rice that is ubiquitously available in Naija has only the starchy (sugary) part, the most nutritional part (such as the fiber, bran, endosperm, and hull) is absent. If you can switch to beans, you automatically solve this problem. So no matter how you lift, if you continue eating white rice and white spaghetti, you are basically reloading more sugar (fat) into your body, and not getting the full nutrition to aid fat loss and muscle growth.
good sir I'm doing 50 push ups a day with 50 sit ups and two minute planks....is that okay to get a ripped body like the op? I don't go to the gym though. And is bread okay? Please reply
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by fayded(m): 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

I'm 13-15% body fat.
Buh I don't like beans ooo.. As in, make I just Dey chop beans all started time??..
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Leg split is not a compound exercise. Also by compound exercise, it should be understood in the context of an exercise that requires an object (e.g calisthenic and dumbbell). At best, I will describe the leg split as a gymnastic and flexibility thing, not for strength.

To your question, yes, you will build muscles, if you do it consistently, progressively, in a shorter timeframe, and eating nutritiously clean. This simply summarises everything you need to know/do about being fit. It is a lifestyle, not a one-off thing.

Also, you should add deadlift and squat, because I don't see how you will build explosiveness, raw strength, and muscles proportionally without incorporating those exercises.
Funny,no pix of the instructor yet.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

No worry, just no go fat anyhow sha, maintain yourself as you like that. Lifting na more of a male thing, for women, na to fine and get better yansh grin

So engage in exercise that works the gluteous (yansh) muscles. You need am o, because the epidemic of young girls with beer belly I see these days, I de fear seriously. cool
the bolded, I'm struggling with that now. The arkward moment the fat you struggle to get mostly settle in the middle part of your body cry cry like seriously I try as much as possible to shred belly fat but the figure I get after i don't like, very slim figure. So let's say I'm in-between because I hate belly fat too.

Building muscles isn't my thing because it doesn't last, you will have to keep working out and I don't know if I can be so persistent. For me, it's as my spirit leads.grin grin Sometimes I will work out to stay in shape and have that hour Glass shape other times I just let everything go.grin . As for building glutenous muscles,lol... I don't know oooo. But I will accept shredding belly fat Sha.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Trex4:
good sir I'm doing 50 push ups a day with 50 sit ups and two minute planks....is that okay to get a ripped body like the op? I don't go to the gym though. And is bread okay? Please reply

Once again, to get ripped, you need to burn off the fats in your body with diet. Ever heard of the saying that ''abs are made in the kitchen''? If you like, do one billion push up every day, you won't be ripped if you do not eat right. And no, your typical Naija white bread is not okay. Unless it is whole-wheat bread, then yes.

To look like the op, you have to lift progressively (adding more kg of weight) in addition to proper nutrition. if you diet alone to lose fat without lifting heavy, then you will be skinny ripped, like the pics below. Your packs will show, but your muscles are not challenged to grow bigger because you are not lifting heavy.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Moralgladiator:
Funny,no pix of the instructor yet.

Even if I fat like yokozuna, how does it invalidate the technique of being fit that I am dishing out here?

Bad belle grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Rozz give me a mention too when you start. grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by pansophist(m): 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ariza:
the bolded, I'm struggling with that now. The arkward moment the fat you struggle to get mostly settle in the middle part of your body cry cry like seriously I try as much as possible to shred belly fat but the figure I get after i don't like, very slim figure. So let's say I'm in-between because I hate belly fat too.

Building muscles isn't my thing because it doesn't last, you will have to keep working out and I don't know if I can be so persistent. For me, it's as my spirit leads.grin grin Sometimes I will work out to stay in shape and have that hour Glass shape other times I just let everything go.grin . As for building glutenous muscles,lol... I don't know oooo. But I will accept shredding belly fat Sha.

Stop to de swallow eba, and exchange am with wheat. Stop to de drink sodas and soft drink (make I no call their name before those company start to find me to sue grin ).
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Once again, to get ripped, you need to burn off the fats in your body with diet. Ever heard of the saying that ''abs are made in the kitchen''? If you like, do one billion push up every day, you won't be ripped if you do not eat right. And no, your typical Naija white bread is not okay. Unless it is whole-wheat bread, then yes.

To look like the op, you have to lift progressively (adding more kg of weight) in addition to proper nutrition. if you diet alone to lose fat without lifting heavy, then you will be skinny ripped, like the pics below. Your packs will show, but your muscles are not challenged to grow bigger because you are not lifting heavy.

This picture isn't bad though, as a matter of fact I prefer this. Probably because I'm not a muscle fan.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Even if I fat like yokozuna, how does it invalidate the technique of being fit that I am dishing out here?

Bad belle grin
big lie!! You must be a pro lifter. I need to see challenging pics...I need to see motivation.
Re: A Nairalanders Fitness Challenge by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
pansophist:

Stop to de swallow eba, and exchange am with wheat. Stop to de drink sodas and soft drink (make I no call their name before those company start to find me to sue grin ).
Wheat? Abeg recommend another food . Please nah God I take beg you.

I hardly take swallow Sha, so I'm good with that. Soda,Soft drink? Lol Nah you know ooo . grin grin I still want go get a very chilled one self, my throat dey call am tongue tongue .

Okay,for my own good I will reduce it.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yagarrrrr! Who Is Up For An Interview? / A Letter Of Apology To My Fellow Nairalanders...refiner. / Ladies! How Do You Feel/React When A Dude Refuses To Sleep With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.