Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (50256 Views)

Why Is It That Nairalanders Think I'm The Worst Liar? / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / I Think I'm In Trouble In My Compound..Nairalanders Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DropsMic(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

So guys, am I normal? Do I need to see a doctor or a psychologist?

Guy you are normal...

I too haven't killed a fowl.. Never will.
I have never killed a Goat .. Never will.
I have never killed a lizard... Never will.
I killed a rat once by mistake... I cried afterwards (since then I never kill any)
I have never killed a cockroach outside my room.
___
Before I open a thread with the tag GRAPHIC on nairaland I turn off images on my browser first
I have never seen an accident victim. Once it happens, I close my eyes and walk away.

All these doesn't make me weak.... Infact i don't think anything is wrong with me. Them no dey judge strong man with weda him fit kill harmless creatures.

I'm the hardest guy in my family and amongst my friends... with a very strong heart which I bring to the surface only when I'm dealing with humans because they are the ones we should be wary of.. Not harmless creatures...

To this day no human has cheated me.
To this day I have never said yes just to please someone.
To this day I have never been mugu'ed by a girl.
To this day I have never gone against my word to please someone. My YES is final, and so is my NO..

So baba calm down. You ain't weak. You are just overly sensitive.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by MXD5050: 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
Talk to a counselor via WhatsApp on
0806 472 9707. You can learn how to work on your trait and be the man you desire to be.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Marcanthony: 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
You are normal no need to visit a psychiatrist or a psychologist. You value life that is it and dont let anyone make you feel bad about that. Gecko part is not a big deal jst pretend the gecko is not there and I believe we have that in all Nigerian homes

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

Kilode!! I slaughtered cows, rams talkless of goats.
When it comes to chicken, it's freaking uncountable. I specifically have a very sharp knife for that sort of extra curricular activities.

Though I won't kill a bird trying to build a house in my compound or destroy it's house. But I HATE WALL GECKOS, IF I SIGHT ONE IN MY APARTMENT, I MUST KILL AM BEFORE I SLEEP that day.

I once accidentally twisted a chickens neck, it was very painful....cause I could not eat it

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Joshak33(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
seriously?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Omihanifa: 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
I hope you don't always pity your bae when forking her phussy o undecided

Mr soft heart
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by MARKone(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2020
Lol you are very normal
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by TheSourcerer: 9:53pm On May 14, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE VIOLENT OR KILL ANYTHING TO BE A "MAN".
YOU JUST HAVE TO RESPONSIBLE FOR CERTAIN THINGS AND LEARN TO DO THINGS THE CORRECT WAY, AND BULK UP YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.
THIS IS WHAT WILL DIFFERENTIATE YOU FROM A WOMAN IN THE REAL SENSE OF THINGS.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Reference(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2020
angry..Ha. What's with these stories about men tripping all over the place these days. The menfolk. What's happening.?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by obailala(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

Your number 3 just made me disturb my neighbours with laughter. You left a bird's nest because you didnt want to render them homeless? Wow! grin

Anyway, not everyone is cold blooded. I've killed a goat before, I've killed countless chickens, I intemd to kill a cow one day. But I must confess, I feel bad too when I look into their eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nuclear99(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Start smoking weed, you will be surprised at the kind of things you will start doing.
Spot on
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by simplepee(f): 9:54pm On May 14, 2020
Soft boy. You are normal but you have to toughen up though, being soft in Nigeria is a no no.

So cockroaches and rats will be your roommates then.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by SSam01: 9:55pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

Give me the money you want to pay the psychologist pls.

1. You are born a vegetarian

2. You are an animal right activist and can work as a Vet

3. You need to relocate abroad because we Nigerians obey God and He said kill and eat so we have to obey so we kill and eat everything except humans though we dont have Chinese appetite

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Zyzxx10: 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
You are normal just read articles or watch videos on how to toughen up a little cause being soft doesn't help everytime.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by don4real18(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
I had a friend just like you. This was in 1913 just months before the world War 1. When we were both drafted as soldiers to defend the country, everyone noticed how meek he was until he was left with no option than to prove himself on the battlefield. His exploits got him, "Red Scorpion" as a nickname. After the war, he became the man of the moment and raised a family. I watched him grow old and die fulfilled and ever since then, I've met others like in throughout the years on several continents. You will get the hang of it soon.

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by donsheddy1(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
You might be dealing with hematopophobia
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by OgbanjeProphet: 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
Op, better thank your God who made you like that. People like you can't be witches and wizards. And it's a blessing in disguise.

Do you know that some people are very very happy when they see or spill blood?

I think YOU ARE THE REAL MAN.

But if you still want to be bloodthirsty, go join gangsters. You go kill and be killed too.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by cinderellashoes(f): 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

You are unique and perfect just the way you are. You are also normal. Don't try to change it, accept it and enjoy your life.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Drizzy5001(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
Me that loves seeing Goats struggling to survive. grin

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by eleko1: 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
sad be strong Nd courage
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by FuckDaMods: 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

Guy i swear to almighty God, you just described me and I'm 30 also. I feel so weird cos it's as if i was the one that wrote all what you wrote, at the same time it feels good to see I'm not alone. I really laughed my ass out while reading.. grin

For the past few weeks I've been observing birds building their nest in my balcony.. It is a beautiful sight to behold and i try my best not to make noise so i don't scare them away. One morning i woke up and saw my younger brother with long broom going towards that same balcony, i screamed nooooo.. Leave them, Let them be. If i had slept an extra minute those birds would have received a big blow. My younger brothers are very ruthless, na them dey kill cow goats and chickens without hesitation. I don't even stay around when they do the killings, just this Easter my dad bought goat and they slaughtered it, although i was in my flat but i heard that goat screaming, it made me highly uncomfortable. I can't even carry chickens zipped inside a bag, talk more of touching or killing them.
I don't kill cockroaches, i rather avoid them, pray for them to hide somewhere not close to me or i beg any of my brothers to remove it, they kill cockroaches for fun. One of my brothers can stay for hours at the backyard looking for cockroaches to kill. When they are about to kill the cockroach i go away, i don't look at all.
Right now there are 3 wall geckos at the window in my bedroom.. They don't disturb me and i don't disturb them. Sometimes i watch them eat ants or baby dragonflies and marvel at how God always provides for them without them hustling.
There are also many spiders in my room, those scanty looking type of spiders. I remove the cobwebs every weekends but i can't kill them, thank goodness they are not dangerous.

So guy, I'm just like you and it hasn't bothered me since i became an adult. It only bothered me when the other kids laughed at me during my childhood days.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by yusufu16: 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
Ghostrye:
You are normal but you might need to see a psychiatrist about it. There are people who can't stand the sight of blood or death but I've never heard about the case of not being able to kill a roach or a gecko. That is some extreme shii

Everybody has a phobia. Some can't stand blood, some don't like height, etc. So my brother you are perfectly normal. Nothing wrong with you
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
Funny how all these people in comments would shame a person for supporting abortion but will advocate for killing animals when basically a fetus and an animal are both clumps of cells with no consciousness
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

1.Re no 2: Leave the gecko alone. It may be helping to keep the insect population down in your house. Don't kill it.

2.Personally, while I am not scared of killing chickens (and can do it), it does make me feel very uncomfortable though...and I work in Medicine, where I probably have seen and helped treat lots of trauma patients with multiple injuries without flinching.(I still enjoy the chicken meat well well)

3.Sometimes, courage is not the absence of fear, but of facing the fear and doing it anyway.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Abasilim: 9:58pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.
Can you see your life. You can shine Congo, but you can't kill rat. grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by meobizy(f): 9:58pm On May 14, 2020
Men come in all shapes and sizes. So far you have that thing dangling between your legs and two balls you are a man. Nature did not make a mistake. If you want to learn whatever it is, do so. You can hit the gym if you want to look extra manly.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by bassman007(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2020
There's nothing wrong with you bro, that's just how you are and it doesn't make you less of a man. If you are truly disturbed about your inability to kill animals then maybe you should try smoking some weed before doing it undecided. You might actually just be a vegetarian.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mizwisdom(f): 10:00pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.

You have no mercy for a human being but you have mercy for a chicken? please see a psychiatrist, your calm and gentle nature should not be selective or in preference of animals as opposed to human.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Drizzy5001(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:

does the Sight of fresh pink open pussy, cause u trauma too?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by bikefab(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2020
Hehehehehe...i swear I'm laffin my as.s off!
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by eziezi90(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2020
Bruhhh

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you

You don't need to go see anyone

Killing insects, animals, looking at blood, dead people, injuries or whatever is no definition of been a Man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.