Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (50255 Views)

Why Is It That Nairalanders Think I'm The Worst Liar? / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. / I Think I'm In Trouble In My Compound..Nairalanders Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Bahamas95(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
This OP case confuse me walai, I nor know weda to vex for am or laugh am.

But it's like na laugh sure pass now grin

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
Crixxx:
Eat akpu and be a strong man

Confirm grin
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DaddyRochie1642: 11:37pm On May 14, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
Don't feel alone as a handful of people might probably be in your shoes.
Having a "soft/tender" heart won't be considered a crime.

Had a bae that couldn't hurt a mosquito, despite spending endlessly on anti-malaria pills.

ManOfSteel will advice you extend that "brotherly love" when next you are confined with a Rattlesnake.

I saw what you did there grin grin
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2020
MyphoneandI:
You're not too soft brother. You're just you! That's your configuration. The problem is that you think there's a problem when there isn't. If I could get a lil softer I'd be happy. But here I am hard hearted as rock. We all have our individual configurations. Don't let society tell you what is strong and what is soft.

To me seff, you strong. It takes a strong man to have d kind of heart you do. What you have is precious, don't let the world take it away from you

Na you dey contradict yourself again undecided
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by generationz(f): 11:41pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

So guys, am I normal? Do I need to see a doctor or a psychologist?

Maybe you should take up boxing. In order to avoid the pain from the punches you regularly recieve, you'd learn to throw punches and become stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by oloriLFC(f): 11:44pm On May 14, 2020
QuantumR:
Op, it is inappropriate to use the word "kill" , use "slaughter" instead.
that "slaughter" come fear me pass "kill" o undecided
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Babyforever(f): 11:44pm On May 14, 2020
[quote author=decatalyst post=89477912][/quote] cheesy cheesy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nigerianboi1960(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2020
evansjeff:
Recently I've been very bothered about myself. I'm a guy of around 30 but some things that still worry my heart is really disturbing. I will start like this.

1. Something embarrassing happened some time last year when I travelled home for visit. They bought a goat and was looking for who to kill it, me knowing I'm the most senior man at home jejely went into ghost mode, everyone started looking for me, in the end I had to come out but shamelessly told them I can't kill it. They had to call a 16 year old opposite neighbour to do it while my younger ones helped him hold the goat. I couldn't even stand the sight of seeing the goat struggling for life while receiving knife in the throat. I left there immediately.

2. You might think it's normal for goat until I tell you that I can't kill a chicken or rat, last Christmas, I badly wanted to buy a life chicken because I beleive it's more healthy, but who will kill it? Bae was around, I don't want any embarrassment so I jejely bought frozen chicken . There is a wall gecko strolling around my room for weeks now, but I can't kill it, it becomes embarrassing any time I have a visitor

3. The most recent is, there are two birds trying to build a house in my lobby, I kept destroying the house but they didn't give up, it got to a point, I felt bad for the poor birds, what if they don't have a house? what if I'm the one building a house with all my strength and government keeps destroying it? I had to leave them to build. My neighbour said he killed the birds that tried doing that in his house but me can i do that? No. i just tire.

4. Lastly, When travelling and there's an accident, people rush out to watch but I dare not else the trauma will remain for months, I can't stand the sight of blood and body cuts.

Any time I think about killing an animal, I ask myself, what if I'm the one being held by boko haram or killer herdsmen and about to be slaughtered? How excruciating the pain can be.

Any time I think about crushing a cockroach, I ask myself, what if I'm the one trying to cross the high way and dangote trailer crushes me?

I'm like this bro. I hate to see anything being killed. The day I had to hold a chicken down after its throat was cut, the shit was throbbing and I felt like a murderer.

I can't kill myself oo. I can't like what I hate.

Most people here will tell you you need help, but the only help you need is self confidence cos you think you have an issue.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by LLobiorah: 11:48pm On May 14, 2020
Nothing wey man no go hear for this NL cheesy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Endybest5050: 11:53pm On May 14, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
Don't feel alone as a handful of people might probably be in your shoes.
Having a "soft/tender" heart won't be considered a crime.

Had a bae that couldn't hurt a mosquito, despite spending endlessly on anti-malaria pills.

ManOfSteel will advice you extend that "brotherly love" when next you are confined with a Rattlesnake.
Lolzzzz maybe he is yet to discover that he is vegan... But what am thinking is..how come he knows how to eat all o those things he can't kill..? He should just become a full flesh vegetarian abi is he also scared of cutting grass??
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by VickyRotex(f): 11:55pm On May 14, 2020
Omoluabi16:
I also detest the sight of blood. I can't kill a chicken, much more a goat. What if the chicken Peck me .o It doesn't make you any less a man. You're just a good person .

In bold: What? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So na only bad people dey kill chicken? angry angry
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by GreenDee(f): 12:01am On May 15, 2020
God will help you Sir, anyway that can be your phobia, so no need to panic...
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by themanderon: 12:03am On May 15, 2020
Almost have the same problem but I clobbered a large lizard to death tonight.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by davillian(m): 12:08am On May 15, 2020
[quote author=Remaboy post=89557680][/quote]
Used condom....
You deserved to be flushed, burnt or thrown
Away...
Not on the ground bit inside gutter...
House boy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by DigitB: 12:13am On May 15, 2020
But you can be violent to pvssy grin

I don't subscribe to violence anyway, but there are time you need to be a man.

Imagine if a snake wanders into your room and threatens to bite your wife who can't kill even a cockroach.
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nimirayz: 12:22am On May 15, 2020
"Hey you, you're not doing well" grin
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by obinoral1179(m): 12:23am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

lol...not at all. You may want to try me with your girlfriend. In fact I have no mercy when it comes to girls both in decisions and in bed. The issue with me is basically on violence whether against human or animals.
what about mosquito and flies do you have same feelings for them too?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by AfroKnight: 12:26am On May 15, 2020
Debating the extermination of rodents and other pests/insects at your age tells me you need to see a therapist.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by drezo(m): 12:26am On May 15, 2020
cheesy grin grin grin grin
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
2 birds just collect your house and you still Dey ask, if you be pvssy, this clearly shows you’re not responsible in some aspects, Violence doesn’t show manliness but unable to kill a chicken or roach is something else

Simping leads to Pvssying - Lord future Hendrik

Now Imagine say na chicken you Dey choke how you Dey choke those girls ontop bed

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Remaboy(m): 12:26am On May 15, 2020
[s]
davillian:

Used condom....
You deserved to be flushed, burnt or thrown
Away...
Not on the ground bit inside gutter...
House boy
[/s]
Pls try again. You were too slow.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by davillian(m): 12:28am On May 15, 2020
Remaboy:
[s][/s]
Pls try again. You were too slow.
Thought you would have switched it and add your fathers name inside it
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by drezo(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2020
cheesy wink grin grin
Asadujames202:
Na your type dey wash woman pants and bras

Cut off ya di**k and trow it away
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Remaboy(m): 12:31am On May 15, 2020
[s]
davillian:

Thought you would have switched it and add your fathers name inside it
[/s]Nah, I didn't get that. You are still fxxkin slow.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by darediamond(m): 12:35am On May 15, 2020
kollinz1234:
My brother,u didn't grow up in a difficult environment, Ajebo runs through your veins. If to say u be PAKO wey no de see chicken chop, to kill all those things go be your work every Christmas, Easther etc
grin grin grin
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Mursz: 12:37am On May 15, 2020
All i see is i cant kill this, i cant kill that, are you gearing up to be a butcher?
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 12:40am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

Did you eat? Just go veggie to complement.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by bigfrancis21: 12:41am On May 15, 2020
evansjeff:

You’re rare bro. Among the rarest 1% that understands the sanctity of life in the grander scheme of things. Every individual life is valuable, no matter how little, including animal life and plant life. Your inner self sees the bigger picture where others don’t.

I’m sure even the Christian Jesus wouldn’t hurt a fly.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Nobody: 12:43am On May 15, 2020
Everyone is different. I have a 5 year old nephew that spends holidays with his grandma who reads chickens. Be can slaughter a chicken, at 5 years! No animal scares him.
About being scared of blood, that's a normal reaction. I know a few doctors, my dad, cousin and sister in law and they all say in medical school, they had doctors who faint at the sight of blood, so it depends on the environment you grow up and find yourself.
But only you know how you feel, you may need to see a psychologist for some behavioral therapy
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Macauley07(m): 12:47am On May 15, 2020
Happy birthday to me

I'm 25.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by sweettease(f): 12:47am On May 15, 2020
Karleb:
Sincerely speaking, you are too soft.

Even my 10 year old sister always drag the knife with we the elders when it's time to kill Christmas chicken.

10 year old struggling for the knife to kill a chicken? Damnnnnn! You guys better watch out if there are signs of sociopathic tendencies and curb it now.
Re: Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am by Barbienice(f): 12:48am On May 15, 2020
you just reminded me of my twin brother that can't kill goat or chicken but will always insist on having a taste while it on fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

9 Things Only Those Who Don't Stay Out Late Can Relate To. / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.