Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother (91889 Views)

What Happened Between Me And A Girl Few Minutes Ago (PICTURES) / This Is What Happened Between This Female Banker And I / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Ibkay32(m): 11:54pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.

seriously this OP no well, some guys of nowadays are shame to manhood, oponu omo abiko, you better use ur head
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Noel19: 11:55pm On May 17, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Whether publicly or privately, if your mother errs, you chastise her. Simple.
You better keep your fucking mouth shut before I chastise you.

With the gibberish you just uttered there's no difference between you and the Op's girlfriend.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Kendollar696(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2020
My guy, at 23. I already know that no girl can dare raise her voice on mom. I for slap her, let heaven fall. she's very stupid. why will she reject what your mother gave in her presence. why not simple carry to the house for you. you need to redefine what you understand by wife material. secondly, I heard you say, I just dey pity her..If you marry out of pity. it will be the greatest mistake of your life. be warn.
thirdly, she's rude and has no respect for elderly ones. not even your mother of the highest hierarchy in the line and level of people to respect. do away with such persons or forever live in tears....

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by armzyville(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2020
Exactly what us in my mind...[Qquote author=Ningen post=89653280]

You didn't scold your girlfriend; the one with the terrible anger issues but scolded your mother??

Chei! Your ancestors must be whirling in pain.

Keep tolerating her “anger”.

She'll put it to good use oneday and strike sense into your head, then you'll know it's time to RUN.

It'll end in tears.

[/quote]
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by osazsky(m): 11:57pm On May 17, 2020
osazsky:
The irony here is that she always gets angry at d slightest provocation yet she is a wife material....angry wife materia.waiten Musa nor go see for gate.those husbands way thier wife they pour acid or pound thier head while asleep or cut Brookos chop the brokos they all got married to a angry wife materia. Na so e take they start.a sturborn flies always gets buried with a dead man I pitty ur destiny
oga this is for u...run
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Chidonc(m): 11:57pm On May 17, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Ehya,
That statement is very painful. It can make someone even commit suicide.

Now that you can't break up with the girl, kuku break up with your mama
What's your brand your honor grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Zeezy81: 11:57pm On May 17, 2020
Op when you finish your experiment please dont forget to share your result, we are very eager to learn from you. grin grin grin
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Sixfeetbelle: 11:58pm On May 17, 2020
Noel19:

You better keep your fucking mouth shut before I chastise you.

With the gibberish you just uttered there's no difference between you and the Op's girlfriend.

cheesy grin grin

Yen yen yen. Ana ekwughari
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:58pm On May 17, 2020
I have nothing else to tell you OP as the elders have all spoken and most, spoken well.

But my worry is this...

During the past two weeks, I had witnessed fights, quarrels and arguments caused by MANGO and here again this case was caused by the same MANGO. I even read here of a man killing his brother because of MANGO fruit.

Could this MANGO be the evil fruit

How una check am
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by laluski(m): 11:59pm On May 17, 2020
1. Obviously you're an igbo man
2. Am a yoruba man
3. Lemme just advice you;
A). That is NOT your wife
B) You have not seen your wife

I don't care about your life nor that of your so called "fiance'..but as far as am concerned, my guy you still dey swim for river, any babe that can shout at YOUR MOTHER, and you Tanda dey look like mumu means you need to go and wash your head from the babe pussy for ikenga river
I get them plenty for my area for Lagos.send her phone number , after I sleep with her....na you go buy me 16 crates of Goldberg ..after all all....na your worth nlbe that

3 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by opportunities12(m): 12:00am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.

Can a man sleep with fire beneath his blossom and it will not burn him.

YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE.
I'm not a prophet of doom, but young man flee as fast as your feet can carry you. This is not about EMOTIONS, because emotions will not be enough to save you from this trap you are walking headlong into. CHAI! I just feel for you.
Anyway what do I know?

A lady that is yet to be your wife embarrassed your mother right in your presence? And you think all is well in the future?
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Raymeskey: 12:01am On May 18, 2020
Op where are you @ Funkmrflexx
I have been reading comments since but nothing from you, I hope you're not weeping?

There is a thread here comparing sponsoring a girl in school and marrying her after graduation and raising a dog for sale... I read all the comments and 97% supports raising a dog for sale.

From your story Op I must tell you that you're a disgrace to your generation what I'm I saying, to Manhood self.

Let me pick some points from your post

1) your gf don't respect you
2) she don't respect your family
3) she believes she's doing you a favor
4) she is temperament
5) she is mannerless
6) she is rude
7) she is a liability

i) With all these points you're still blind and went ahead to SCOLD your MUM..haaa I pity you
Ii) Not only that you came here and told us that you scold your mum with your mouth....haaa
iii) You also came here to see if it is your mum that is wrong so that you can go and beg ur gf and tell ur mum to beg her also....shame

I can answer you now

Your mother is not wrong she only replied out of anger because she have seen that you have become a woman wrapper already. The manner she address you to carry the mango made her to reply like that.
Even though she don't like mango or she don't want to collect something from ur mum there are many ways to do that instead of rejecting it vocally and ordered you to care it if you like it.

Your mum know where your marriage will lead to if eventually you marry her.

I'm talking from experience...
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by mhizv(f): 12:02am On May 18, 2020
It's people like this that would get married then come on naira land to ask for advise. Despite seeing the signs you still want to go ahead?

You even scolded your mum? There's really nothing bad about what she said! Just laugh it off geez!

She has anger issues and can destroy properties when angry. Okay since you still want to go ahead, good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by prettyify(f): 12:02am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

You need to talk to her and after that, she doesn't change for the better.... Brotherly, walk away!

Don't use pity as shovel to dig a hole for yourself by accepting her background is the reason for her actions. She can choose to be better than her family not expressing anger everywhere she goes. Managing shouting at your mother and you are trying to defend her action.

I am from an abusive home and everyday I try to evaluate and respect people around me cause I know how it feels to be at the receiving end. It is a choice you make to be better. Don't stay with anyone that acts as a victim or don't give anyone a reason to remain a victim

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Edojoma(m): 12:04am On May 18, 2020
fineboynl:
this guy must be really ugly and dating a fine girl. and to him he has won a trophy. the girl doesn't like him but only managing him. no matter what anyone say here it will never change anything. his investment on the said girl is the problem that will keep him attached for life. when you invest massively on a her. she start to misbehave because she has nothing to lose but gains. but whereas the guy who invest will be thinking about all the investment.

Very correct,, but d thing OP should no is wen to cut his loses n sell,, now is still a good time, later might b too late.....I can't even withstand my gal talking back at me wen I'm scolding or rebuking her, not to talk of my mum.... Hmmmmm, OP ehn,,,, na true say u really ugly n u feel say na d only fine gal u fit gal b dis.... I pity u...
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by weslay: 12:04am On May 18, 2020
OP, you have successfully shown that you are not mentally fit to handle issues. You need to end the relationship immediately and stay away from any serious relationship.

Sissies everywhere
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by apexc9271: 12:05am On May 18, 2020
[color=#] 2426514[/color]
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Noel19: 12:05am On May 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

cheesy grin grin

Yen yen yen. Ana ekwughari
No make me vex for you o!

My mama carry me for 9 months, was awake watching over me while I was asleep, every night before I sleep mummy will be worried about my health, she will kill mosquitoes before we sleep so we can have a sound sleep, mama go go hungry for we pikin to see food chop.

Na him one mentally deraigned and disoriented girl go come all in the name of incosequential girlfriend will open her stinking mouth to insult my maale, them no born una well.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Lagyaovye33: 12:06am On May 18, 2020
Mr man if u want to have a crack marriage pls marry her.she doesnt love u,she is only looking for means to break with u.if she can apologies pls let her be.who is she not to be rebuke by ur mother.make that mistake and u become a divorcee.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Phenomenal16(f): 12:06am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

..lol
Nice story line
BTW this is how someboris son will marry a nagging woman in d name of " I pity for her"
Her family this n that
Physiological ni. ,, psychological ko
Me personally av passed through a lot....but I can't be a mad gal all in d name of anger issues
Tueh
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Akanabo(m): 12:06am On May 18, 2020
.....and you are still considering marriage to her? Young man, run for your life nowwwwww.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by zedegit: 12:08am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

Op I will be very honest to you, I promise.

Now listen.

I have learnt in life that what someone says, what they really mean and how we perceive them could be all different.

From my understanding, your mum left her no choice but to carry the mango which is still okay. It would have been wrong traditionally speaking if you had put that mango on your head to carry.

In fact, I believe if you wanted to carry the mango there was no need for her help as you are strong thus I want to believe what your mum used was sarcasm to mock her.
This shouldn't have caused her to flare up but like you said, she has uncontrollable anger issues which will increase if you marry her.

Don't marry out of pity cos I don't want you to be creating threads on family section how your wife broke your plasma television, smashed your iPhone and threatened to kill you. Na so e dey start.

If she believes and even told you that she has choices, free her. She will cope just fine.

Finally you said she is a wife material but I didn't see what qualified her as such. Ability to manage with you in little? Your eye go soon clear. Shebi she told you she already has options? What makes you think she will be committed enough to stick with you through thick and thin without considering those options when things become unbearable?

You seem to make excuses for her behavior. Hold her accountable to them. There are some girls from such families who still came out better.

I will suggest you take a break. Waiting to see enough reasons may be dangerous cos once she gets pregnant. Your type is trapped!

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Phenomenal16(f): 12:08am On May 18, 2020
Rarefayol:
Bro I understand you're deeply in love with her, but you should understand what you're up against. You should think about ahead. How long would you continue to tolerate such anger issue.

You probably feel you have gone too far with her and you can't turn back again, or you've spent way too much on her and you wouldn't have your self lose.... Hmm run for your life if you want to live long.... Or marry her and spend most of your time being conscious of pleasing her.. It's up to you.
...a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage
Buh he don't know

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Lange: 12:08am On May 18, 2020
Run for your dear life. I had a wife like that. We spent a good thirteen years together with two kids. She never changed, it ended in divorce. Once again run for dear life

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by stormborn28(m): 12:08am On May 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

If your mother steps out of the line, you should caution her. Because she's your mother doesn't put her above mistakes.
so that statement the mother made, is out of place? She doesn't like mango, does that mean she can't carry it for her intending husband to be? See I hate nonsense and I will continue to hate nonsense..
If I should meet such a girl, she will be 20 miles away from me... I don't worship pvssy. I don't need to be a reverend father to stay away from pvssies.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Tobest94: 12:08am On May 18, 2020
tell her to go and apologize to your mother or forget about the relationship.. trust me, she'll not apologize.. not because she's hot tempered and Ill mannered but because she has options already... she don see you finish for her mind.. call it off
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by bellenornor(f): 12:09am On May 18, 2020
OP is still with the girl based on sentiments. Hmm.. if all you typed is true it's best you flee now o because a broken relationship is a million times better than a ... You know better. A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by dequeenishere: 12:11am On May 18, 2020
Abeg make I pass; this one no be man yet ee just dey claim man because ee dey make small money. Very dumb fellow.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Teezy007: 12:11am On May 18, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]bro let her be... Make she go learn for outside. when she collect like 2 to 3 gbasgbos from her new upcoming boyfriend,she will remember and start regretting
funkmrflexx:

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by SouthWestBlood(m): 12:12am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

Mr man, take this from me, it's based on experience. Your story and mine are similar and it ended in tears for me after several warnings from people for about 7 years that we dated. I was as well ashamed of myself because I was adamant and believed she was going to change.

If you love yourself and your mother, end that relationship. See, I don't mind sharing my contact with you so we can talk more.

Take care.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Donstarch: 12:12am On May 18, 2020
This guy I tire for ur matter, leaving her is not an option, someone that has no respect, and flames up unnecessarily, so ur mind is to marry her, u have even contributed to her education more than her dad, who ask u to wait till she finishes. My brother u need deliverance
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Amazing007(m): 12:12am On May 18, 2020
Bad attitude is like a flat tire , it will never get one anywhere .... It's either she works on it or you are both doomed , people no longer have time to put up for attitude ish o , it's like you havnt heard of partners killing abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply)

Embarrassment: See Moment A Love Machine Fell Off Someone’s Bag At The Airport / Married Woman Dies During Sex Romp With Lover In Jos (photos) / Another Reason Why I'll Never Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.