Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44190 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
safarigirl:
oga, go and rent house aad stop getting all emotional about it.

Women are moving out of their parents houses to live alone, grown men that cannot do that, have no business getting married. Dey your dey.
What if this lady in question was also living under her parent roof?? undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Smile4mee01: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
Bro, how do you explain the part of the bible where abraham told his senior servant to look for a wife for his son and come with her. Did his son leave Abraham's house?

Leave does not necessarily mean relocate.

lorenzos1:
Do not try it. You will regret you life. He should marry you when he has his own place. Man should leave his parents and cling to his wife.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by babakb: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.

I really feel for your sister, the guy is vissionless lazy ass, your sister should be ready to be the bread winner of the family if they eventually get married,

I know men like that, they hide their laziness and lack of ambition behind Certificates and Offices and use love and marriage to trap a hardworking lady that will carry their burden.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Maariv: 3:12pm On May 26, 2020
Does your sister work? What has she to bring to the table (marriage) you guys tend to focus so much on the guy that sometimes I wonder.... the guy stays in the village, the guy is an n_power beneficiary and is managing his father's small business, the guy is 35 .... the guy this the guy that. Marriage is not liability my dear, how can your sister support this guy or even a guy that lives in town or alone marriage-wise. ? I am sure if your sister is offering any kind of suppoer my guy will move and make plans to still keep his fathers business alive.

If your sister is jobless tell her not to marry the guy cuz she will add to his problems. Marriage is not liability!

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by safarigirl(f): 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
simplexvi:
u think paying house rent with 30k npower is easy? oga d guy no get much earning to rent a house jare, is either she marry d guy and de put heads together and get sometn done or stop frustrating the guy

I don't know her level of education and exposure, but I would personally not consider marrying someone that is collecting 30k/month as salary, I haven't even started workingproperly, but I earn more than that in a month from home.

There is nothing in the write-up to signify she is frustrating the guy, but if she marries him while he still lives with his parents and makes something so small, then, frustration will come naturally to that marriage.

Once again, this is for me. I don't know their location and what she does, so, my opinion is not tailored toward that. It is tailored toward the reality of my location.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
Sotland:
I'v seen not one or two guys who got married while they were in the parents houses even live there for many lives before they moved out but today, there millionaires. So since when as it become a crime for struggling guys to get married?

This platform is full of people with hypocritical nature.. Olorun ma je..

Don't mind the theoretical folks undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Neddyogu(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2020
If this story is true? Tell ur sister to RUN!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by PastorandMentor(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
Olosho suppose sponsor the guy grin cheesy
NaijaOlosho:
I dey craze undecided undecided

I you don't money get the Bleep off niggarr
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by nazablossom(f): 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:

She has been to his house.He stays with his parents and 6 siblings. Their house is not large.
With this information,she better think twice. It is going to be difficult for her to cope with this kind of arrangement even if she's an angel.
It's either the guy gets his own apartment or nothing. A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
femmyapson:

Why do some women love suffering and poverty in the name of marriage....U no see anoda guy marry ni...I cant be op sha..
"I will disown u as my sister if u get married to dat guy" dat wil b my words to my sister..
I am so allergic to poverty
What if she come from a poverty background too??

Is Marriage a 'poverty alleviation program'??

She should work hard too and then settle with a man of her new class!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by frozen70(f): 3:15pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

This is a very simple matter

Let him relocate to his own apartment and let the marriage plans continues

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
Glink2018:
Op some family houses are more comfortable than some thatched house which some of these guys are living in....

As far as there are boundaries and they are not troublemaker family....

If I'm a lady, I prefer to live in a three-bedroom en-suite apartment in husband family house than to be living in one dangerous area like ikorodu, oworonsoki, egbeda, ogijo etc....do not forget the guy's income is still poor being a beneficiary of N-power project. You don't expect him to give what he doesn't have.

You are wise
Knowledge is in your blood!!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by safarigirl(f): 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:
Bro, how do you explain the part of the bible where abraham told his senior servant to look for a wife for his son and come with her. Did his son leave Abraham's house?

Leave does not necessarily mean relocate.

how can you be using Abraham of Before Christ, to explain the realities of 2000+ years after Christ's death? How? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 26, 2020
so the guy just made up his mind that he will forever remain in the village in his parents house after marrying your sister? shocked.abeg i find it hard to believe a man would just prefer staying in his parents house forever with his wife.what of if they start bearing kids..how wil it accomodate the kids.except if the house is big like bukinham palace and the job he is doing in the village is very lucrative.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by nosa73(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2020
If ur sister love d guy, ur sister should go on with the marriage, the guy is not going to remain at is parents house forever.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by henrixx(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuses to listen, let her beg them.
well detailed summary.

say no more

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by 2kurupt(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2020
femmyapson:

Why do some women love suffering and poverty in the name of marriage....U no see anoda guy marry ni...I cant be op sha..
"I will disown u as my sister if u get married to dat guy" dat wil b my words to my sister..
I am so allergic to poverty

Don't sound like that na, conditions change. Meanwhile it's profitable for the said guy to leave to his own place before marriage no matter how small to prep him to have a good sense of responsibility & avoid unnecessary family drama
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Munzy14(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2020
safarigirl:
oga, go and rent house aad stop getting all emotional about it.

Women are moving out of their parents houses to live alone, grown men that cannot do that, have no business getting married. Dey your dey.
online judge.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by dayogunwo: 3:18pm On May 26, 2020
Is it not from a family she is from if he did not want him to be attached to his family. she can start by killing her mother to know how it feels.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by supercase1(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2020
Acmepreneur:

Yes I can
Evening newspaper desperate always grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 26, 2020
babakb:

I really feel for your sister, the guy is vissionless lazy ass, your sister should be ready to be the bread winner of the family if they eventually get married,

I know men like that, they hide their laziness and lack of ambition behind Certificates and Offices and use love and marriage to trap a hardworking lady that will carry their burden.
Oversabi dey worry you!!

You are judging him as if you know what he has been through in life..

That guy will make it in life .. Your opinion is scathing undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by obataokenwa(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2020
She better use her head before they marry her and make her iyawo of the house that cooks for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by OsuMustGo: 3:19pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
She has a true love for the guy!!
Leave them alone!!
Hypocrite!
Everybody be in the same situation as you...

Can you allow your sister Marry such...?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by iPresh4s(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2020
The girl in question, is she fine?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
How then would he take care of her?
Sentiment aside, if she's below his standard, she should. If she's on the same level with him, she wouldn't even be thinking of considering such.

A man under another man's roof is not a man.
standard Ko standard ni

If women were given standards according to their worth in morals , intelligence and CO

Most won't be worth a bag of rice

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
safarigirl:

I don't know her level of education and exposure, but I would personally not consider marrying someone that is collecting 30k/month as salary, I haven't even started workingproperly, but I earn more than that in a month from home.

There is nothing in the write-up to signify she is frustrating the guy, but if she marries him while he still lives with his parents and makes something so small, then, frustration will come naturally to that marriage.

Once again, this is for me. I don't know their location and what she does, so, my opinion is not tailored toward that. It is tailored toward the reality of my location.
What does the lady do for a living??
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by okine4real: 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
Someday,I will write about how I got married to Nairalanders. When I wanted to get married, I still leaved in the house I grew up. Its a two bed room flat, Dad was late, two of mine sisters where married, but mine mum, mine sister and mine brother was still around. I told mine wife I wanted to still stay in the family house, the house was very cheap, so I told her,let's stay here and use the opportunity to save, build our own house and accomplish things. She agreed,I must say the truth, it was hell for her, but I thank God, she loved me more than she even loved herself. She endured with me, when I say it was hell, I mean it was hell for her, I remember there was a time mine younger sister called her Ashawo, they fight most times, even mine wife and mine mum had the same issues, but she loved me so so much. I will always beg her, talk to her and we would move on. Today I have built a two story building for her, atleast yearly she gets a rent of atleat 3M yearly. I also built another one that has 25units of room and parlor self contain for her. I also have another 10units of room and parlor self contain that I also built for her. We still leave in the same family house even as am tying this message. But now my mum has moved out and the house has being given too me. We leave very happy, when we look back when we started dating and where we are now, we just laugh. The funny thing is, the house we get 3M rent yearly was built in the area we grew up. We both grew up in the same area, so people seems to be surprise that we where able to build such a house despite they know our levels when we started.I was wearing a very tattered shirt and trouser daily.I used to eat beans 30Naira and yam 20Naira. Am only saying this, just for the readers to know that, the way a man starts might not depict how he would end.

Back too OP, everybody has to write there own destiny. Your sister might move in with him and along the line, things will fall in place for the better or get worst.one weapon that will see them through this journey is, if the guy loves your sister dearly. For me mine marriage would have ended if not that I love mine wife. Family members would try and say bad things about your sister to her husband,but if her husband loves her, he would know they are only trying to manipulate him. Even till date mine brother tells mine wife jokeinly that they know she has washed something for me to eat. They tell mine wife that, that place she went to get her powers from that they also know the place. Each time mine wife tells me, I just wave it off because I know what they are trying to do.

Moving in with him in the family house mine favour them and it might not. But I must tell you, its not going to be easy... Am telling you from experience, if your sister wear fine JUDGE, hope I got the spelling right, the husbands mother would be eyeing her, because the husbands mum know the cost of the JUDGE, So she would be saying your sister is eating there sons money. I will end it here and I will tell you guys also how I married mine wife and how we spent 70k for our traditional wedding in the village. Am talking of confirm wedding ohh in 2012. Now we have three kids, we all very happy. I will write about it here very soon. I just want Nairalander guys to know that, there are still good women out there, so don't be scared of getting married. Also I know marry Village babe ohh, I marry confirm IGBORO BABE. Know be babe when know know what's up ohh, in terms of relationship, she was more advance than me 10 times but things just work out because we both agreed to let things work.

Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by safarigirl(f): 3:20pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
What if this lady in question was also living under her parent roof?? undecided

A woman is EXPECTED to live under her parents' roof, the same expectations do not hold true for men.

It is on Nairaland that a guy boldly stated that women living alone are prostitutes and many men agreed with him.

The only thing that should matter on the side of the woman, is whether she has a job and can contribute financially to the marriage. Even if she was living alone, Nigerians would still say she should move out of her house to stay with her husband.

Let us not deviate from the norms that have been established on this same site, to twist narratives.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by jaxxy(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:

If she's ok with him based on his plans and actions she can say yes bt there will be no marriage untill he moves into his own place. Simple.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by safarigirl(f): 3:21pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
What does the lady do for a living??

I hope you can read enough to notice all the disclaimers I posted there.

Perhaps you feel particularly triggered by this scenario.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by franozx: 3:22pm On May 26, 2020
simplexvi:
what's wrong with living with the family? so a girl will not marry me cos I want to stay in my family house till I build mine, then she shud get lost..

Elias d bloody hypocrite cheesy grin grin... I don catch u na
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 26, 2020
safarigirl:

A woman is EXPECTED to live under her parents' roof, the same expectations do not hold true for men.

It is on Nairaland that a guy boldly stated that women living alone are prostitutes and many men agreed with him.

The only thing that should matter on the side of the woman, is whether she has a job and can contribute financially to the marriage. Even if she was living alone, Nigerians would still say she should move out of her house to stay with her husband.

Let us not deviate from the norms that have been established on this same site, to twist narratives.
Look at you undecided
What sauce for the Goose... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Before Marrying An Only Girl Child Here Are The Few Things You Need To Consider / What Can I Do About This / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.