Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44287 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by safarigirl(f): 3:23pm On May 26, 2020
Munzy14:

online judge.

Just like others on this thread.

Or, did I deviate from the common theme?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by hedonistic: 3:23pm On May 26, 2020
All these N-Power people sef.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Munzy14(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2020
GboyegaD:

Who's decision? She should be able to decide what she wants and she listening to you guys should tell the guy not to bother going forward since his marriage is going to be between him and your family.
deep and precise words!

That marriage is dead from the onset.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by REDDEVILS1(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2020
Am married but I still stay in the family house with my wife, Dad, Mum and only brother. It’s not that I can afford staying alone. I finished the house from where my dad left and is a Six rooms building. I have no intention of relocating unless it’s to North America and Europe. It all depend on the type of family her husband has

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ProfAmaben(m): 3:24pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
standard Ko standard ni

If women were given standards according to their worth in morals , intelligence and CO

Most won't be worth a bag of rice
Standard = League.
There are women way above your league and those below. That's life.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 26, 2020
OsuMustGo:

Hypocrite!
Everybody be in the same situation as you...

Can you allow your sister Marry such...?
My Sister was living in her own apartment before she married!
Definitely she went for a guy of her class!!

What does the lady in question doing presently, where does she lives?

She may be jobless and still be cool with wedding planning undecided Imagine shocked
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:25pm On May 26, 2020
franozx:

Elias d bloody hypocrite cheesy grin grin... I don caught u na
don't call me hypocrite bro, u know am not... I speak my mind always
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Glink2018(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2020
Op talked about the dark side of the guy but he failed to talk about her own sister irresponsibility...

Since the guy is 35 years, definitely your sister should be around 26-34 years...so, what has your sister gather up together to augment the weakness of the guy for marriage settlement? or Nah just toto be the value wey she fit offer...? (Products of bad upbringing)

Op, there is no free food anymore. Guys don wise. If you are a husband and you are the only one fending for the family with this present naija condition, you will soon die and what will kill.you Nah the burden that you suppose to share that you put for your head alone..and if you die, you wife go marry another man and continue with her life even spend your wealth on her new husband...
A lady or guy that doesn't have any sources of income is not fit for marriage...in fact, he or she is a disaster. So, let your sister also get a job and have her own money then she can determine the kind of wedding she will do and the kind of house she will live otherwise even if she callam make she come live under the bridge or cemeteryshe suppose not to object because she solely depends on the guy for everything.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:26pm On May 26, 2020
franozx:

Elias d bloody hypocrite cheesy grin grin... I don caught u na
u dn carry ur English come here, I go liv here fr u
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by omakay(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2020
Abeg, make all of una hold brake small!!!!!!!

OP, you have dropped the full cv of the guy without also dropping the full cv of the lady also.

Is she herself a graduate?

What is her work status like? Is she employed somewhere and earning? Or is she running a business and making profits?

I hope we are not all consulting for a jobless young lady who is only making use of her 'wife entitlement' slot to disturb the guy.

Let us not also forget that we can all make any location work for us or kill us.

They might get their own place and still suffer or enjoy.

They can both stay in the family house and still enjoy or suffer.

'Family House' get different specification. Let her define the guy's own.

At the end, i see a guy who is just taking life as he sees it. Most folks who are actively on the n-power programme dont have a better option yet to jump to.

Except he has a sinister plan of domination his family house.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Onyi22(f): 3:29pm On May 26, 2020
I can't ooo, if he is not done building his mansion, he shouldn't even think of marrying me
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:30pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Standard = League.
There are women way above your league and those below. That's life.
like women who could give birth to god's and goddes
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by malcom1X: 3:30pm On May 26, 2020
nairavsdollars:
That one na curse ooo no matter how wealthy the family is?

Have you ever heard of "family money" Google it.
The said guy is running the Dad's business
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by supercase1(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
so it's wrong to marry a. Man that lives in his father's house but right to marry a woman in her father's house

Deluded humans everywhere
NIGERIA IS NOT BOLLYWOOD!!!The truth is that a poor man should not marry,I mean a man that doesn't have his house,can't boast of 3 times daily food provided by himself,or cater for bills.this is not India it's hell to stay with most nigerian parents talkless of marrying in their house as a man God forbid.if you can't rent a house wen you are single is it wen responsibilities step in you will be able to do it? That 35yr old man that want to marry in his family house should think of fixing his life first, marriage no be beans
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Emotionss: 3:32pm On May 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
VickyRotex:

What do you mean by he might refuse to relocate?
Is he showing any signs that makes you think he wants to live in his parents house forever?
Does he have brothers that are already married and staying in the same house with his parents?

I've seen cases where the guy moves from his parents house few months to their wedding. So this one isnt an exception. But the once he gets married part is what I dont understand.

I don't see anything wrong with this if and only if he is making plans to move to his own house before the wedding. So I'd advice your sister, that they both work on that prior to the wedding.

If there are any further showstoppers, then she should step out of it.

For the fact that he wants to get married first before moving out is a very big red flag.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by yvelchstores(f): 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
WHY WILL YOU WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO STILL LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS This question is annoying me.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by AgentGoat: 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
Audio relocation grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by franozx: 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
simplexvi:
u dn carry ur English come here, I go liv here fr u

grin grin grin... Me & u know say na typo_error.... But back to the matter... If the girl in question was to be your sister, what would have been your response??... Bloody hypocrite grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Blackmoran(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2020
what i sense here is normal condition and entitlement most ladies have. i dont see any concern and regard to the guy situation, all i can hear is, my clock is ticking get a apartment and marry me. i think the lady is desperate and not thinking straight.... i dont have any advise for the lady she is a adult.. my advice for the guy cut your coat according to your size, and dont let anyone put unnessecary pressure on you..

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by PastorFire: 3:35pm On May 26, 2020
tpraiz:
Who still stays with his parents at age 35 ?

It's well oh
My brother, so many of them o. I call them "Family House" bros.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:36pm On May 26, 2020
supercase1:

NIGERIA IS NOT BOLLYWOOD!!!The truth is that a poor man should not marry,I mean a man that doesn't have his house,can't boast of 3 times daily food provided by himself,or cater for bills.this is not India it's hell to stay with most nigerian parents talkless of marrying in their house as a man God forbid.if you can't rent a house wen you are single is it wen responsibilities step in you will be able to do it? That 35yr old man that want to marry in his family house should think of fixing his life first, marriage no be beans
am not saying its right ,but the way we make it seem a 35yr old lady living in her father's house is better than her male counterpart is rediculous

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Owiii(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one. The first sign of independence for the man is to have an apartment of his own and live independent. Let him move out of his father's house to his own apartment before your sister thinks of marriage with him if he is damn serious
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Munzy14(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
am not saying its right ,but the way we make it seem a 35yr old lady living in her father's house is better than her male counterpart is rediculous

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by PastorFire: 3:38pm On May 26, 2020
How can i be knacking my wife near my mother or younger ones?. And she is screaming? Haba?
Tell her not to try it fa
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:39pm On May 26, 2020
franozx:

grin grin grin... Me & u know say na typo_error.... But back to the matter... If the girl in question was to be your sister, what would have been your response??... Bloody hypocrite grin grin grin grin
I mind my business bro, if she na der agreement, who am I to interfere, abi na me she de marry? imagine telling someone earning 30k to go rent house.. when he has a home he can stay comfortably, so if I work around my family house, u still expect me to rent a house around der, is that not waste? use d money invest in something useful jare. mind u the post didn't say d guy gt bad family
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 3:40pm On May 26, 2020
simplexvi:
renting a house is not what 30k monthly can do or even raising a young family, the girl should help since she's to concerned about the guy leaving d family house.. she shouldn't allow her choice frustrate the guy in the near future

We dont have the full details of what's going on. we are only giving advise based on the information we have. We have encouraged the lady to also chip in and assist the guy, but if the guy is still not ready to move, what do you expect her to do?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by iPOOPinURmouth: 3:40pm On May 26, 2020
may thunder fire that woman wey say she no fit stay with my entire family. i live in a 6 bedroom mansion , so you expect my mother and siblings to live in a a rented apartment while u that never knew how i made all the money comes to lve in my mansion only me and u. any olosho wey no fit stay can Bleep off o.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:41pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=Munzy14 post=89982269][/quote]whats your mention
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by avalontony(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuse to listen, let her beg them.

There is a future for everyone, even when your village people no gree grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 26, 2020
okine4real:
Someday,I will write about how I got married to Nairalanders. When I wanted to get married, I still leaved in the house I grew up. Its a two bed room flat, Dad was late, two of mine sisters where married, but mine mum, mine sister and mine brother was still around. I told mine wife I wanted to still stay in the family house, the house was very cheap, so I told her,let's stay here and use the opportunity to save, build our own house and accomplish things. She agreed,I must say the truth, it was hell for her, but I thank God, she loved me more than she even loved herself. She endured with me, when I say it was hell, I mean it was hell for her, I remember there was a time mine younger sister called her Ashawo, they fight most times, even mine wife and mine mum had the same issues, but she loved me so so much. I will always beg her, talk to her and we would move on. Today I have built a two story building for her, atleast yearly she gets a rent of atleat 3M yearly. I also built another one that has 25units of room and parlor self contain for her. I also have another 10units of room and parlor self contain that I also built for her. We still leave in the same family house even as am tying this message. But now my mum has moved out and the house has being given too me. We leave very happy, when we look back when we started dating and where we are now, we just laugh. The funny thing is, the house we get 3M rent yearly was built in the area we grew up. We both grew up in the same area, so people seems to be surprise that we where able to build such a house despite they know our levels when we started.I was wearing a very tattered shirt and trouser daily.I used to eat beans 30Naira and yam 20Naira. Am only saying this, just for the readers to know that, the way a man starts might not depict how he would end.

Back too OP, everybody has to write there own destiny. Your sister might move in with him and along the line, things will fall in place for the better or get worst.one weapon that will see them through this journey is, if the guy loves your sister dearly. For me mine marriage would have ended if not that I love mine wife. Family members would try and say bad things about your sister to her husband,but if her husband loves her, he would know they are only trying to manipulate him. Even till date mine brother tells mine wife jokeinly that they know she has washed something for me to eat. They tell mine wife that, that place she went to get her powers from that they also know the place. Each time mine wife tells me, I just wave it off because I know what they are trying to do.

Moving in with him in the family house mine favour them and it might not. But I must tell you, its not going to be easy... Am telling you from experience, if your sister wear fine JUDGE, hope I got the spelling right, the husbands mother would be eyeing her, because the husbands mum know the cost of the JUDGE, So she would be saying your sister is eating there sons money. I will end it here and I will tell you guys also how I married mine wife and how we spent 70k for our traditional wedding in the village. Am talking of confirm wedding ohh in 2012. Now we have three kids, we all very happy. I will write about it here very soon. I just want Nairalander guys to know that, there are still good women out there, so don't be scared of getting married. Also I know marry Village babe ohh, I marry confirm IGBORO BABE. Know be babe when know know what's up ohh, in terms of relationship, she was more advance than me 10 times but things just work out because we both agreed to let things work.

Cheers

I have just one question..,, why are using mine, instead of my??

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:43pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
What if the man has plans to relocate once they get married

You sound like a hypnotized man to me

who do you take these women for... donkeys? if a man still lives in his parents house today (and want to get married while living there) then thats because he CANNOT afford a house of his own.

the important question IS: what man in his right man wants to get married while living at his parents home?

if a man is NOT independent, then he has no business wanting to get married, and he should instead get his priorities straight... you guys can either chip in and get a house together, but that should be done BEFORE marriage.

yes, i must be hypnotized...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Stood By His Girlfriend When She Had Cancer, Tells Story 2 Years Later / Reasons Why Guys Prefer Girls That Are Small Sized. / How Old School Boys Write Letters To Girls In The 70s+80s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.