Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? (44297 Views)

LADIES: Can You Marry A Guy Who Still Lives With His Mother? / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Michigan Man Who Lives With Three Sex Dolls: His “wife” And Two “mistresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 26, 2020
safarigirl:

I hope you can read enough to notice all the disclaimers I posted there.

Perhaps you feel particularly triggered by this scenario.
Yeah. I feel triggered! cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ishilove: 3:43pm On May 26, 2020
So many people defending the spirit of poverty.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by VickyRotex(f): 3:44pm On May 26, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

For the fact that he wants to get married first before moving out is a very big red flag.

That part isn't really clear in the op's write up. Nonetheless, I encourage the op's sister to ensure they have a place prior to the wedding/marriage. They can both put resources together if the guy feels limited by money, but if the money is available and he's still not serious, no plans, nothing, then she should leave.
Again it's her choice, there's only little we can say.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ishilove: 3:44pm On May 26, 2020
avalontony:

There is a future for everyone, even when your village people no gree grin grin grin grin
The violent taketh it by force grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by malcom1X: 3:44pm On May 26, 2020
Smile4mee01:
Hmnnn...

I think this is why some girl might never get married.

5 years from now, you see this same guy has moved on , had his family and doing well , you wish you married him. By then she will be in Shilih crying to God to bless her with a Man.

Ladies discard good men because they dont see the future, they even dont ask more important questions like... Whats your 5 yr goal ? how would you raise our son/daughter? Have you got plans to improve yourself to be a better man ? how can i help with that ?

Instead, they bother about how huge their wedding is?, how many cows they killed ? is their wedding gown Instagram lit ? are my friends jealous ?

Lets not forget in the olden days, our mothers went to live with the fmilies of thier husband... when did it become a prerequisite to marrying ?

You are a wise man, I liked your post first

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by IVORY2009(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2020
Life is not a basket of roses, if a guy can marry a lady that still lives in his parents house, why can't the lady replicate same, after all, there is a saying a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step, things ganna turn around.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Torie8(f): 3:45pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

tell your sista to give the dude this simple reply:" when you relocate and get your own place, i will marry you"
Gbam thankyou
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
am not saying its right ,but the way we make it seem a 35yr old lady living in her father's house is better than her male counterpart is rediculous

Don’t mind them, when the tables turn they will start screaming “double standard”

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2020
Advancedman:
Let me digress a bit.
Even if he get a place and relocate it still won't be marriage because the real issue here is a very stupid perspective in relationship.
I mean there is no him in this matter it should their resolve in their plan as couple not as an individual.

TRUE, they should both chip in and decide to get a place together, thats if that man is independent enough to want to move out of daddy/mummy's house.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by simplexvi: 3:47pm On May 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

We dont have the full details of what's going on. we are only giving advise based on the information we have. We have encouraged the lady to also chip in and assist the guy, but if the guy is still not ready to move, what do you expect her to do?
if you are a guy now, and the first born, and also u work around your family house, will u rent house for any reason? we stayed a while in my grandfather's house before my dad completed his house...he shud leave only when he got a better job, 30k is no money at all
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MasterJayJay: 3:48pm On May 26, 2020
Keypad advisers on nairaland are one of the worst advisers.

None is asking what the sister is bringing to the table.

A lady will carry only her handbag filled with makeup and has the audacity to call others poor.

A foolish society that condones a jobless woman but demonize a man earning minimum wage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Standard = League.
There are women way above your league and those below. That's life.
La liga or EPL?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by smasher1(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:

1) Not making any plans to relocate
2) Doesn't even know where to relocate to.
3) His 30k N-power work is village based
4) Not searching for viable alternatives to augment his meagre income.
5) He is the FIRST child

Verdict- The suitor is NFA. No future ambition.

Op, tell your sister to talk to her two legs. If the legs refuse to listen, let her beg them.

What if the sister is NFA? Because there is something the sister is seeing in him that we are not seeing. I wont decide for the sister. Age may also not be on her side and she may not be getting other suitors.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 3:50pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

who do you take these women for... donkeys? if a man still lives in his parents house today (and want to get married while living there) then thats because he CANNOT afford a house of his own.

the important question IS: what man in his right man wants to get married while living at his parents home?

if a man is NOT independent, then he has no business wanting to get married, and he should instead get his priorities straight... you guys can either chip in and get a house together, but that should be done BEFORE marriage.

yes, i must be hypnotized...
but a jobless woman can get married abi

With all due respect am not in support of a. Guy getting married in his father's house

But unlike you I would condemn it from both gender
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by maj59(m): 3:50pm On May 26, 2020
For those quoting me, you should know that I love success and breakthrough, I won't look twice an idiot doing N-power and instead of strategising and working towards a bigger thing going to churches to pray ''I will make it in Jesus Name, like Otedola''. In fact, I might slap him the day he feels like wooing me.

I have one Alfa like that disturbing me, I just dey pray make he no talk to me when my brain is hotting, he teaches in nursery & Primary school and his only achievement is that his father is a professor and he has two mansions. Just because I try not to discriminate who I converse with, he has been coming close towards something like that.
To those sending mail to me, I laugh in Swahili, I don't engage with unintelligent minds. Thanks
The likes and shares for this account don pass my other account o, even followers. It shows the quality of NLdrs, they prefer gibberish, and talks...
than where I actually teach them lots of things, one single like like this, I no get for the other account. Continue ehn
[/quote] who ask u all this one now ehn
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 26, 2020
Onyi22:
I can't ooo, if he is not done building his mansion, he shouldn't even think of marrying me
Parasite Mentality shocked
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ProfAmaben(m): 3:52pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
No Japanese league
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ProfAmaben(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
No Japanese Football league
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by DonroxyII: 3:55pm On May 26, 2020
ednut1:
Many cant. But their papa marry dem mama while squatting.
And They know what there mama suffered while squatting with their papa in the family house ... They no go wan go down that route ....
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:55pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
Yeah. I feel triggered! cool
are you still doing "mama thank you for the food?" undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by smasher1(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2020
Ijeleigbo:
My wife's eldest brother lives in their family house with the mum. He got married and brought his wife to their family's house. He's doing business and earning but not interested in moving out of the house to rent his own apartment!
Everything still boils down to the lady! Marriage is sacrifice!! Does she want to live with her man in their family house? Does she want to live with a man who earns 30k monthly? Does she truly love him and want to share his sufferings and pains with him? If she's ready to sacrifice all that then let her be!! No marriage is a bed of roses!!! So long there's peace of mind, happiness and love, God will surely bless the marriage.

Thank you. Let's be realistic. That it's easier for some doesn't mean it's easy for all. There is something the sister sees in the man, we may not see. I am sure the Op is not ready to take care of the sisters all expenses until she grows old. So he can as well give her some space to make her decisions. Of course, she would live with whatever decisions she makes.

Want to earn free bitcoins? Visit my signature!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
are you still doing "mama thank you for the food?" undecided
Nope grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:56pm On May 26, 2020
eni4real:
Nope grin
then why triggered?
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2020
ume1000:
but a jobless woman can get married abi
With all due respect am not in support of a. Guy getting married in his father's house
But unlike you I would condemn it from both gender

thats because you are focusing on the WRONG issue.... now let me help you, focus on the below in bold:

savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.
Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.

so again, before any man should be bold enough to go ask women's hand in marriage, they should get their life priorities straight and get their lives in order.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by OKTolu: 3:57pm On May 26, 2020
If your sis want to marry him let her go ahead it's their life not yours

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by franozx: 4:00pm On May 26, 2020
simplexvi:
I mind my business bro, if she na der agreement, who am I to interfere, abi na me she de marry? imagine telling someone earning 30k to go rent house.. when he has a home he can stay comfortably, so if I work around my family house, u still expect me to rent a house around der, is that not waste? use d money invest in something useful jare. mind u the post didn't say d guy gt bad family

Let me not me biased... It all depends sha but u know living in your family house with your new wife won't make your wife very comfortable especially when your people/your wife aren't very tolerating... So starting your new home away from home will be the best option here...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Ishilove: 4:02pm On May 26, 2020
smasher1:

What if the sister is NFA? Because there is something the sister is seeing in him that we are not seeing. I wont decide for the sister. Age may also not be on her side and she may not be getting other suitors.
You may be right
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by ume1000: 4:02pm On May 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

thats because you are focusing on the WRONG issue.... now let me help you, focus on the below in bold:

so again, before any man should be bold enough to go ask women's hand in marriage, they should get their life priorities straight and get their lives in order.

marriage is a two man's boat

All am saying is that both should get thier priorities right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 26, 2020
Ladycewhy:
then why triggered?
Accommodation+ Agent+agreement+caution fees etc will drain that guy!!

He has not even spent on the Wedding yet shocked

I am just trying to picture what was going on in his mind!!

Staying in the Family's house for a while, may be the best for him!!

Nobody should discourage them cool
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Elanqy: 4:04pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=smasher1 post=89982850][/quote]
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

No Japanese Football league
Not a UCL standard sef undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? by femi4: 4:05pm On May 26, 2020
savvy12:
My younger Sister has a suitor who has been disturbing her for marriage. The guy is an n-power beneficiary and currently runs his dad's little business.

The problem is that he still lives in his family house but promised my Sister that he will relocate once they get married. We told my sister not to accept his proposal because he might refuse to relocate after marriage.

Note: he stays in the village and he is a graduate too.
Scam.....tell him to relocate first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

He insisted I take in before marriage / Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / What Is Your Biggest Fear In Relationship ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.