Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,210 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? (55298 Views)

What A Man's Babe Sent To Him. Should He Be Worried? / My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? / Lady Exposes Her Nude While Taking Picture Of Her Man In The Other Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by fyneboi79(m): 5:55am On Jun 14, 2020
bluefilm:

Oga, waste no time anymore!

You should just try and contact TLC sharperly make dem add you as one of their actors for 90 Days Fiancé TV show because you are more than qualified.

Who cares? I'm just not the type to halt a hot lady due to age. And remember it takes a lot of good vibes to get an older lady to submit to a younger man.

2 Likes

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by aprilwise(m): 6:03am On Jun 14, 2020
Guys say something they never mean. But his answers to the questions were wrong. He should have be logical in answering some questions because what ever you say would be use against him .
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by fyneboi79(m): 6:03am On Jun 14, 2020
Kiddo01:

You only dated, but did you marry her? Bulshit! Any way ur food in this regard may be anothers poison
I just can't stick with young female stupidity, immaturity and lack of direction. I won't even date a lady who lacks direction yet. Come to the cooperate world and see for yourself there are focused single older ladies....just never depend on them for anything material,just be your own man. I'm presently dating a younger lady and I'm not feeling that powerful connection of purpose.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2020
MoodyQueen:
Lol. She's a myopic one.

There are lots of succesful couples out there with huge age difference; female being older.

Tell her to check up on Megan Markle, Brigitte Macron, Shakira, etc who cared not about age.

Even from my father's generation (my dad was born in 1939), some of their contemporaries were younger than their wives. I am younger than my wife. You ladies swearing you will never, never, don't die single o...

5 Likes

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by johnnychuks(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2020
I am just looking at those that is saying that age is number you all are just deceiving your self, I hate who will advice some one of what he/shi can't accept. let me educate you people marriage is about future not now that you are young so be very carefully of the decision you are about to take at your youthful age so it won't hunt you when you are aged.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by 9jausedauto: 6:17am On Jun 14, 2020
I don't believe age difference matters at all, if u find a man who understands u n love, wat else re u looking 4, is it the age dat will mk a man treat u right, once dated a girl who is two year older Dan me for six years n wen I propose she turn me down bcoz age dat her parents will nt agree, I met her parent dy were happy abt us getting married fast forward to 2020 am happy married to a beautiful woman who loves me so much n she is still single, wanting us to get back 2geda.....madam pls if he loves u stick with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by bunminikan(m): 6:19am On Jun 14, 2020
The question is 'why worry'?
Age is just a number, it has nothing to do wisdom, nor all the three I.Qs. it isn't a yard stick for achievement nor maturity.
Next post I beg....
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Ronkks(f): 6:19am On Jun 14, 2020
He keeps coming meaning that he has interest in her so it's good. I see she is scared, let her find out his reasons why older ladies cannot be a choice, sometimes it's just preference which can change when we truly find who we care about. No need for fear so speak up
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Yxxx: 6:40am On Jun 14, 2020
9jausedauto:
I don't believe age difference matters at all, if u find a man who understands u n love, wat else re u looking 4, is it the age dat will mk a man treat u right, once dated a girl who is two year older Dan me for six years n wen I propose she turn me down bcoz age dat her parents will nt agree, I met her parent dy were happy abt us getting married fast forward to 2020 am happy married to a beautiful woman who loves me so much n she is still single, wanting us to get back 2geda.....madam pls if he loves u stick with him

Na her village people do am.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by IboWolf: 6:46am On Jun 14, 2020
I think it’s dicey.
I wouldn’t say she is myopic or weird.
She has a right to be worried no matter how small.
Clearly in several different ways her bf said he would not be in such a relationship. Although he is acting different after hearing the truth, it makes you wonder, can I trust this man’s words? None of them are bad people, but it’s always better for your words to match your actions. But she should get some clarity for him, if she has concerns she should air them, ask the necessary questions and the conviction he is genuine.
She knows the guy best, there could be another behavioral pattern he has that makes her worry. It’s not about the age thing but more about the individuals themselves. Let them sit and talk. Get to the bottom of things

They can work, it’s all up to them

1 Like

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Munzy14(m): 6:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Trayceey:
A friend of mine just opened up to me about her relationship. She said when she met her man, she assumed she was younger than him because he looked so big and more mature than her and he also acts mature than her.

One day, they were discussing their age and she found out she was older, so she had to lie about her age. The relationship went on and the love grew stronger, then a day came, she asked him if he can marry a lady older than him, he said 'never' she asked what if it's just one year? He still said ' never'. Then she asked him that what if he later found out that his girlfriend is older, what would he do? He said he would end the relationship.

She said she couldn't bear it any longer and so she opened up to him about her age. That she's a year older than him. She wants him to know before it's too late. After opening up to him, she was expecting him to end the relationship but he didn't. He's still coming for her, he still loves her and wants to marry her. But she's withdrawing from the relationship because of what the guy said earlier.

Please advise her. I will show her your comments
If it is me, I will withdraw gradually... I don't like when people aren't open from the onset in a relationship... It is a clear case of insecurity on her.

Be open to me, as I will be open to u chikina... Starting with lies puts a knife slowly on the trust.

And for me, I can't even marry a lady am 2yrs older than not to talk of age mate.

8-9yrs gap is Ideal for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Doncyn(f): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Checking age is one of my priority bf dating a guy.... I can't date a guy dat am older abeg....

Dere is d guy dat was after me,after a year I decided to give him a chance only to find out dat am 3yrs older Dan him...I said no wonder he respects all my decision s,mehnn I can't date such a guy dt everything I says go....
But d guy was into like crazy ,I was annoyed ,he knew my age because he is works with d bank am banking with. ...
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Prettychild(f): 6:59am On Jun 14, 2020
It's not advisable dear. Anything you say or do that can be overlooked, he would feel that you are trying to be a 'lord' over him. Aside love, once the marriage grows older, different things start cropping up.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Chrisfe(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2020
If she is withdrawing from the relationship she is correct because the guy have already told her that he can't marry a girl that is older than him.
if she marry the guy i bet u the marriage wil not last.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by saxxyb: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Petyprincess:
Wow!! The truth is most ladies like being younger to their partner which I'm inclusive.
I can't date a guy I'm 1 day older than him so i do understand how she feels.

As long as the guy will respect her there shouldn't be a problem bt I'm doubting because most Nigerian horseband always want to feel superior nd authoritative.

Why can't you date a guy you are older than? Any logical reason? just being curious
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Sirapretty870(f): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2020
For me?? I think is not a problem if u r older than ur partner and besides you are just one year older than him. It can be three month or four month, perhaps but is not a problem if u love the person and their are many women who are older than their partner but they r doing fine. I think everyone should know you that u r not getting married to a number but a person and is still your choice... I rest my case
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2020
youngtizzy55:
I am a victim of such and I can tell u am enjoying my home 100%. The way u handle issues will tell if u can control d respect it entails.
If you are enjoying your home why tag yourself a victim undecided

2 Likes

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Saskatchewan57(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Trayceey:
A friend of mine just opened up to me about her relationship. She said when she met her man, she assumed she was younger than him because he looked so big and more mature than her and he also acts mature than her.

One day, they were discussing their age and she found out she was older, so she had to lie about her age. The relationship went on and the love grew stronger, then a day came, she asked him if he can marry a lady older than him, he said 'never' she asked what if it's just one year? He still said ' never'. Then she asked him that what if he later found out that his girlfriend is older, what would he do? He said he would end the relationship. [color=#006600][/color]

She said she couldn't bear it any longer and so she opened up to him about her age. That she's a year older than him. She wants him to know before it's too late. After opening up to him, she was expecting him to end the relationship but he didn't. He's still coming for her, he still loves her and wants to marry her. But she's withdrawing from the relationship because of what the guy said earlier.

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by ginggerxy: 7:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Oluromantic:
She's a confused entity... The guy too is insensitive to women manipulations. She lied to get words from his mouth that she can use against him later. She's just been smart as to covering her misdeed. The ideal thing to do is to await her punishment for lying but now she's eloping before the punishment comes. I do not see any maturity in there. Both of them are to blame. Whether or not they come together, the lady need apologize for being deceitful about her age. And the guy shd learn by understanding women manipulations henceforth
my thought exactly . She manipulated the guy and end up acting the victim. Some ladies are so manipulative , you lied and made the guy to fall deep for you then you revealed your true instead to ask for forgiveness you are busy trying to blackmail the guy emotionally.

1 Like

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by hashtagged(m): 7:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Petyprincess:
Wow!! The truth is most ladies like being younger to their partner which I'm inclusive.
I can't date a guy I'm 1 day older than him so i do understand how she feels.

As long as the guy will respect her there shouldn't be a problem bt I'm doubting because most Nigerian horseband always want to feel superior nd authoritative.

Exactly it wont make sense for someone younger than you to be authoritative
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Saskatchewan57(m): 7:25am On Jun 14, 2020
She should open up to the guy,and if he ends the relationship she should move on.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by nickvanilla(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2020
cooooooks:
Babes that are younger than their husbands still say this. And people of all ages and of both genders can indeed be immature and childish.

True. But it's more painful for the man if the lady is older.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by danugochukwu96(m): 7:28am On Jun 14, 2020
I don't even understand this age wahala, I dated a girl two years my senior and she was mad when she found out, we broke up immediately
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by kolade560: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Kiddo01:

All of u saying age is nothing, for those of you who are Christians, between Adam and Eve who was older. Abi you think say God no get sense as he created Adam before Eve? Don't let any old woman deceive you to marry her if she is older than you. She should go and look for her size, they can lie about age tooooooo much. Tufiakwa
And where did bible say u must marry someone younger as a man?
Eve was created due to the loneliness of Adam not cos of ur claims.
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Asadujames202(m): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Lol, just a year? That's funny oooo. I've dated guys I'm at least 2 years older than and it was great, you'd never even know because I look like I'm 19. I don't mind ooooo. Love and respect are essential things in a relationship.

Your boobs don sag

You can give me the benefit of doubt, by showing me ur private picture
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by ridbell01(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

And she didn't get worried about it
The moment mine got aware that she's older than me she just lock up saying we should just be friends I laff tire that day grin
hope you have xxxx very well if yes you have nothing to loose if thats her final decision because that issue will still come up in the future if you people married
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Asadujames202(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2020
hipsyleema:
I senior the guy I'm dating with 9yrs and it's no big deal because we accord each other the necessary respect. He's so matured and I love him for it. He has never given me a reason to regret the relationship.
Age na number joor...
Love lives here...

Love portion at work.

You don jazz that guy!
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by brainhgeek(m): 7:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Who age ep?
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by ridbell01(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2020
Some girls mentality Sha many of them will say they can't date a younger guy but many of of them in their 40s are ready to to open their leg for Davido or wizkid. Hypocrites everywhere

2 Likes

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Ade3131: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2020
You tell a lady you love her and act otherwise, they'll say action speaks louder than voice but in this situation the Op posted, seems like it's the other way round.

God go help una... You know what you want so help yourself
Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by BENARI: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2020
Trayceey:

One day, they were discussing their age and she found out she was older, so she had to lie about her age. The relationship went on and the love grew stronger, then a day came, she asked him if he can marry a lady older than him, he said 'never' she asked what if it's just one year? He still said ' never'. Then she asked him that what if he later found out that his girlfriend is older, what would he do? He said he would end the relationship.

Age will never be a cause for any problem in a marriage except on this 2 conditions;

1. If she refuses to recognise him as her husband and do what any wife should do for her husband.

2. If they experience fertility issues, the guy might begin to think it's because she too old, irrespective of how young she is. But this second condition will only come about if the guy is halfbaked.

For the woman, If the guy becomes irresponsible in future, she too could attribute it to his being too young for her.

But by and large, it should never be a problem and may never be, if both parties are matured and responsible enough.

Now as for his response, it may or may not be taking seriously. Your friend need not distance him, but instead, she should begin expecting the worst while hoping for the best. If their relationship is meant to lead to marriage, she should begin observing his treatment of thier relationship more closely. Is he still as committed? Does he miss her calls now than before? Does he give excuses for why he can't do things for her or see her? Is he still comfortable showing her to friends and relations? If they were sexually intimate before, is he now more demanding of sex? that could be an indication he's becoming less emotionally involved with her, not always but sometimes.

If the relationship fails however, she can take one thing from it; put all your scorecards on the table abinisio on your next relationship. It saves you time and needless stress. No human is worth the stress of hiding who you really are. It's no crime that you're X or Y years old.

Best wishes to your friend and you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? by Muhylonaire(m): 7:47am On Jun 14, 2020
0taPiaPia:

50 naira cool

Lmao abi 20naira

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Dont Spoil My Make Up Oo"–Bride Tells Groom On Wedding Day (video) / One Fact Every Wig Wearing Lady should Know. / Ladies Can You Marry A Man That Earns 100k Monthly!?..(get In Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.