Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92058 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Decimus: 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
It's not his destiny to rescue your lineage from poverty. He already took you out, let him rest.

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by johnzadok: 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Woman I have one question for you. When your husband wanted to marry you when he was given #580k to pay did this same brother of yours joined your husband to pay?
Your brother is man enough that is why he wants to settle down he should not kill himself to marry or put his burden on your husband, he should learn to plan with what he have. Your dad was wrong for taxing your husband because of your brother marriage if it was your father who was celebrating directly e.g birthday he can tax your husband which is understandable but not wise.
I believed your husband has been a good son in-law to your family he knows what to do when your brother is getting Marriage, it should be voluntary and not by force. A good woman keepeth her home and a bad woman destroy it herself. Apologize to your husband and keep your home. I love his boldness...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Enculer: 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
Guys please do not marry into a poor home
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Enculer: 11:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
LordOfTheGame:
Useless lies from the pit of hell. One of those stories that never happened. Lying just yo get likes and comments. Bu if it's true then, your father, your mother and your entire family are mad and stupid. You all are a bunch stupid liability. Your family billed him such amount of money and you want him to be sending monthly upkeep money for them, up on that your shameless father is asking him to contribute towards your lazy ass brother because he wants to marry one idiot like yourself. In fact, no make me vex oooh.

Btw, your name sounds like that of benue of Binis. I'm sure you're not Igbo because no family in Igbo land will be this heartless and insensitive.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by middlebelter(m): 11:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
The two of you needs counselling. The truth from your narration is that your family was not kind to him on the Bride Price issue and you didn't play your role as a wife to be in persuading your parents on the need to review this price. Perhaps was was due to ignorance.

We expect your parents to know that a day will come when your brother will get married and that they will also need the support of their son in-law. Your parent have no right to allocate part of your brother's bride price to your husband and for the sake of your own peace of mind, do not get angry nor fight him as a result of his decision not to contribute. At this point, meet your parent and give them whatever your husband willingly give to support you for the wedding and tell them your husband does not currently have money to support them. Do not present it as if he deliberately refuse to support them. You should take side with your husband and also defend him before them for the sake of your own peace.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Duru009(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
You're very stupid and insensitive woman !!

You married some months ago already having problem, hope your marriage last .....
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by humilitypays(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
seangy4konji:
You see why they say look before you leap...

Most of them just wear nice clothes ,tight jeans that show shape and top that show nice breast...check inside their bag...

Only transport fare and make up kit deh there..

Majority of them you see outside

that toto is their office..worst part of it is that their old men and woman struggled to put them to university and all but while there?na soso sex sex aand collecct from men to spend on frivolous things and it has stuck in their head while the toto has suffered..u self substract 400-120.answercalculate salary??what remain after buying petrol for generator for a month?not food ooo...

you should be ashamed of yourself...not your family...na only diffeent sex styles them know...

Sane men that has little coins and looks good will understand this...before you talk to mahoerity of them now...it is what will you offer me..money?likeprostitution is the thing but if a man does such he will be killed...they even go to the extent of buying and selling charms that will entrap men to pay for their frivolous lifestyle openly like jaruma and ko but let me set up show now and start advertising charms that will get women to do mens bidding...the whole internet would go gaga...why is it sane for ladies to be wearing charms like blue eye on waist,ankles,nose ring,ear rig just to attract men and do juju but men cant do to charm women and render them useless also just as they render some men useless for their families and friends>>>?

which of your useless brothers hosted this nigga when he came to collect your hand in marriage??even if na 2 bottle hennessy and two bottle vueve clicclot and some coke and ice set up a table for his inlaw friends,,,

Ogun go kill you and your family there.
Na mostly broke, visionless guys de marry without proper thinking.....once they see anything in tight jeans trouser and macroni abi spaghetti top with dangling boobs and buttocks, piam they don see their wife, piam they don start wine carrying, piam marriage don start, no questions, no investigation of the family she came from, no thinking about their future.....they just allow their useless dick to dictate for them, and this is why we have so many poor families in Nigeria and the rat race continues as the poverty is transferred from generation to generation cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by LaReinaa(f): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
If this story is true, that man has made the worst mistake of his entire life..

That woman and her family will bring out the worst in him.. the whole marriage will eventually end in premium tears.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by muffyt05: 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
Some of these women self nor get shame.
After forcing a guy on #70k salary to pay such amount as dowry, you still want him to contribute #120k to your brother's wedding and even pay your family monthly stipend, ahhhhan, una nor dey shame, na Chevron the guy dey work?
I totally support the guy, they've collected everything in form of the dowry paid, make dem still dey enjoy am
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by friendl: 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
If you like ,Kill your husband madam ,... don't go and look for means to assist him ,why should he donate to your brother's wedding. ,.....infact that why most igbo girls are single today because of their greedy parents ,...
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Theoarhics: 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nawa oo. Your family na agbaya family. You people better fix your life and let your husband be. Your brother shouldn't be getting married if he doesnt have the money. So is this how your brother will be bothering your husband to also feed his wife and himself after the marriage?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bong4(m): 11:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
Donald3d:
grin grin grin

The way people think sef, and their disgusting entitlement mentality

Coming from a woman who doesn't work .

So if he pays the 120k, who would fend for the home ?

120k is almost his salary for 2 months .

Instead of her to be fighting for him to save and be prudent to better their lives, she is making unreasonable demands.

Your bride price list alone took about 8-9 months of his salary, not to talk of the other wedding expenses

Can you just imagine. My guy worked like Jacob to marry her and they still want to milk the guy.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ASAMPETE1: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
You, your brother and parents are crazy and lazy idiots.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by xbit: 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ur Parents are wicked and no well at all. After passing all through bc of bride price. If your husband gives him #5,000 Me i praise am. if e pay 120k, d wife go stay with ur husband? Ur father wicked if na me, even phone call e no go see
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Liposure: 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
rawpadgin:
Let me not type what's on my mind. Because it won't come out well
i want hear it
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by MrCaesar: 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
I am sure she's from one part of Imo State. She is not just jobless but shameless too.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ucyonline: 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
FAKE STORIES EVERYWHERE.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by manlawal(m): 11:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mindlog:
If the story is true and not one of those twitter tales then it is a messed up family, why should the husband be sending money to the in-laws on a monthly basis what is their son doing with his own money? If am the husband, I will not contribute even one naira to the traditional wedding, maybe they will also expect him to contribute in paying hospital bills when the brother-in-law's wife gives birth. Such entitlement!
the story is from twitter that why 580k was trending
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by remele2(f): 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
2 questions for you.

1= how old are you

2= did u get married bcus ur frnds are getting married or u forced him?

When i get the ans right... I know wat to tell u that weill make ur head correct in 10mins
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by VictorBode(m): 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:
don't ever take twitter posts serious.

most are written for cheap clout.

It's a true story
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by uvie66: 11:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=thorpido post=90692311]Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.[/quotei
I concur, firstly he paid 580k for your bride price despite the fact that you are unemployed, you should be grateful for that. But you are not, you now ask him to be giving your parents monthly allowance as if he is the cause of your parents financial problems �, to add insult upon injury your impoverished parents have the cheek to tell him to contribute to their son's wedding. All I can say is that you have been watching too much Nollywood and cannot differentiate between reality and fantasy.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Liposure: 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
fredoooooo:
Dem swear for the family ni ?
Well sebi dey want to be unfortunate in life i go help them , my little advice is for that guy to just use their pikin for money ritual... chikena grin
well done andy okeke
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by johnnychuks(m): 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
I saw this news this morning on face book group called young mother! is just that your family did not shrift their legs on the their traditions but that doesn't permit your husband to act immature, coming back to your family while will they even suggest that your husband should contribute in your brother marriage.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AmazingELixir: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
grin

I wonder wetin the husband family members go dey think diswan their inlaws dey reason like dis...the husband parents will be like chai l talkam our pikin dhan enter one chance oo.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by nanyanuel(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:
The truth and bitter truth is that he doesn't love u...

When you love a woman, you love everything about her which includes her people.
lubbish
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by HIPROFILE(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Chei! comon sense no comon at all!

Thank God this husband is a real man if not he will be in for a very long thing.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by karika2018: 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
And what do your husband gain from you, you want him to contribute to your brothers wedding, that is nonsense.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by nextstep(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
The guy spend more than half a million on wedding list... things that the family will chop and clean mouth. Do they know that the guy probably had to borrow from friends and family to raise the funds, that he is managing to repay out of his salary. Half a million can do so much for a young family starting out, yet greedy bride's people just want to swallow somebody's hard earned money.

Now they want him to contribute to the brother's wedding? Let that brother goan raise the funds just like they forced the husband. Upon that they will still ask for monthly stipend? I'm even angry at the father's lack of self respect that he has to turn into a pest because somebody married his daughter. angry

My younger brothers: before you propose to a lady, first go and ask her parents how much is their wedding list. If it's outrageous, don't even bother proposing to the girl again. Waka go.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by optimusprime2(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
What sort of nonsense is this?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by bassman007(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
580k bride price for a guy who earns 70k per month? And they are now asking him to contribute 120k for her brother's wedding as if they contributed to his own. The woman should even be thanking God for the kind of man she married because some men would have used her for Yahoo+ by now
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by salamudeen(m): 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
Welcome to Islam...

i attended a friends wedding lastg week friday and the pride price was 20k....

Now ask me anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.