Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92065 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by LikeCool(m): 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Chineke!
Which kin stupid entitlement mentality be dis one bikonu?
Well, I doubt if this story is true, but if it is, then the lady must be stupid and crazy at the same time.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Tribalism123(m): 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wait o.
U are asking ur husband to contribute to ur brother's wedding of a whopping sum of 120k. Ur family is wicked o. When he married u, did ur husband request money from his own in-laws. Lekwenu mu anya o.

Anyway. Better side ur husband because u can't stay with ur parents if ur husband sends u home.

The guy just married u because he promised u he will marry u if not, ur family matter don tire am since.u can't eat ur cake and have it.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by munezo(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Na by force?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ndipe(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
All what I have to say is this, your parents were adamant that your husband should fulfill the part of tradition which he did, now, they are telling him to help with your brother's bride price. They billed him excessively and now, your brother's future inlaws are billing him excessively as well and they want your husband to help foot the bill, that's unfair.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by humilitypays(m): 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mosminic:

I tell you. This is the most annoying twitter post I've come across. The guy is really in trouble. Divorce should be an option for him o. Because this lady is obviously deranged.
He doesn't need official divorce, he should just plan and abscond because this kind wife and her family no go allow the divorce happen oh cos they see the hubby as a maga.....a poor maga, na kill them go kill him finally cheesy shocked cheesy
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by dickyaloy: 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Your husband earns 70k per month and you are not working meaning you didn't assist in any way and he spent more than 580k and your people didn't pity him. Now your younger brother is getting married and your family wants him to bring 120k and his own support. You don't love your husband. You don't care about him your family. Please apologise to your husband.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by LordOfTheGame: 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Useless lies from the pit of hell. One of those stories that never happened. Lying just yo get likes and comments. Bu if it's true then, your father, your mother and your entire family are mad and stupid. You all are a bunch stupid liability. Your family billed him such amount of money and you want him to be sending monthly upkeep money for them, up on that your shameless father is asking him to contribute towards your lazy ass brother because he wants to marry one idiot like yourself. In fact, no make me vex oooh.

Btw, your name sounds like that of benue of Binis. I'm sure you're not Igbo because no family in Igbo land will be this heartless and insensitive.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nanavati(m): 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
after contributing money for your brother to go and marry won't you people still contribute to pay for the wife's hospital bill when she will deliver a child
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dyt:

lol, be careful of wathing nah. I nor go fit admire you again? I be still single oh, so wahala nor dey. You fine u con re get height!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by seangy4konji: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
You see why they say look before you leap...

Most of them just wear nice clothes ,tight jeans that show shape and top that show nice breast...check inside their bag...

Only transport fare and make up kit deh there..

Majority of them you see outside...

that toto is their office..worst part of it is that their old men and woman struggled to put them to university and all but while there?na soso sex sex aand collecct from men to spend on frivolous things and it has stuck in their head while the toto has suffered..u self substract 400-120.answercalculate salary??what remain after buying petrol for generator for a month?not food ooo...

you should be ashamed of yourself...not your family...na only diffeent sex styles them know...

Sane men that has little coins and looks good will understand this...before you talk to mahoerity of them now...it is what will you offer me..money?likeprostitution is the thing but if a man does such he will be killed...they even go to the extent of buying and selling charms that will entrap men to pay for their frivolous lifestyle openly like jaruma and ko but let me set up show now and start advertising charms that will get women to do mens bidding...the whole internet would go gaga...why is it sane for ladies to be wearing charms like blue eye on waist,ankles,nose ring,ear rig just to attract men and do juju but men cant do to charm women and render them useless also just as they render some men useless for their families and friends>>>?

which of your useless brothers hosted this nigga when he came to collect your hand in marriage??even if na 2 bottle hennessy and two bottle vueve clicclot and some coke and ice set up a table for his inlaw friends,,,

Ogun go kill you and your family there.

dem don relax lock down small now all of you don resume your prostitution jobs and small money is coming inside we will not rest again abi>?

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
oshi lasan!

This woman's philistinism is irksome!!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Never marry from Struggling homes
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by cassyrooy(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Obviously this lady had her brains removed a long time ago. I mean, the entire time she couldn't get herself to stop and attempt to initiate thinking processes and see how wrong things have been going.

You're not currently working, and your husband that works (not earning enough money yet) is trying his best to recover from the wedding and all, and you're calling him irresponsible for not picking up part of the bills for another adult’s wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mosminic(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
humilitypays:
He doesn't need official divorce, he should just plan and abscond because this kind wife and her family no go allow the divorce happen oh cos they see the hubby as a maga.....a poor maga, na kill them go kill him finally cheesy shocked cheesy
True o. Best option.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by wunaESQ(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
the entire family no fit raise 400k.. Nawa ooooo
d guy Neva ready to marry be dat now
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by thorpido(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
pek:
I beg to disagree. He doesn't need to see any elder. How would you obligate him to a contribution of ₦120,000 to his brother in law's wedding? Sounds outlandish and beyond comprehension! He doesn't also owe his in laws any monthly stipend.
Seeing wise elders is just for both the wife and the husband to resolve issues and look at ways of ironing out issues.It is not to compel him to pay any money.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by mufutau55(m): 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
How much money did your brother contributed to your husband when he was marrying you?
How much were you sending to your husband parents?
Matter don finish.

Hajji M.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by SATANworshipsME: 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
never marry a poor frustrated okpo.
repeat it after me guys.
repeat 10000000x till ur thick brain can absorb it

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by pocohantas(f): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mstick:
What kind of shameless family is this? Since your brother doesn't have money to sponsor his own wedding isn't it obvious that he shouldn't be getting married?!

Calling your husband irresponsible because he refused to bear your brother's responsibility shows that the entitled mentality of your family is hereditary.

Very shameless...

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by TheMohican(m): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nairaland copy copy, something trends on Twitter in the morning, by evening its on front page on Nairaland. There was a time Nairaland was ahead of Twitter now it's copy and paste. Tufia
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Gbemini(m): 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
This post is senseless ...contribute to ur brothers wedding bawo...so Una won kill am abi...rubbish
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by taiwo92(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
The truth is most of the nigerians ladies are like that and I still don't know why. From poor families trying to leverage on another man's son.

Guys please if u have money invest in ur sef, ur sisters especially and ur mother. This is what I do with my money and is giving me joy while am still pursing my masters in Germany.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by joshrare(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.
Thank you for this piece. I hope to be this intelligent someday

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ovie8200: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
After your brother finally gets married, will your husband feed or place your brother and his wife on monthly income too. Your brother has no business in having a girlfriend talkless of getting married.

And secondly, it's very wrong for your parents to share money with your husband for someone else marriage. Very careless act from your family. I have never seen a thing done like.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by elisho: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
woman you are evil i advice your husband to watch you closely you are evil
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by humilitypays(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
This story we are reading is one major reason so many men are poor in Nigeria - they carry financial burden that is more than their income!

You will see a struggling poor single guy earning meagre income go and marry one unemployed, jobless single lady who has no job, no hand work, no business and they will be forming we love each other....and they will be hoping that as soon as they marry, manner will fall from heaven and they will end up rich like Tinubu, hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

Listen young guys reading, marry with wisdom. The world has changed so so much today. Love is never enough reason to marry.

If you are not earning at least 300k as a single guy in Nigeria, don't marry any unemployed lady with no job, no handwork, no business doing, don't do it if you don't want to enter the poverty rat race many Nigerian men have been racing for decades.

Stop that nonsense talk that you don't like career ladies, you better love them now oh!!

Go to Europe, go to US, go to Canada, even China, just name it......husband and wife work! They pull their resources together to run the family and execute family projects.

It is only in Nigeria that women stay idle in the name of marriage and Nigerian men glorify it! it is bad for Nigeria's economy, every woman should find work or business or trade and do to earn income, it is a must today!

Single ladies reading, please go and get yourself something to earn steady income if not, na yeye husband you go marry oh because correct guys with future dreams and goals cannot marry you as a jobless lady with no income, no matter how rich he is, he would love you to be financially productive, it is classier!! wink

4 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Brian47(m): 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Paying for your brothers bride price, you sef you no dey shame to ask him that kind thing
Some people sef
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Enculer: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
How do you expect someone to send your parents something?

Are they beggers?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Enculer: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
So you married a cash cow?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by TheBill(m): 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Biglittlelois:
If the husband should contribute 120k out of 400k, how much will the remaining family members contribute, particularly the huncle getting married? Nawa o.

Earnestly..
This is another way of exploitation... family robbing family

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ArBELoa: 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
Let peace reign

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2020
PS if u re not ready for marriage, step aside! Marriage is not a must and not for everybody !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.