Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92061 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Fearlez: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19
you must be Igbo. Some of them, not all are Suffocating, ungrateful in-laws.

And you're a leech too. The ma doesn't owe your brother or family one kobo. If our lazy brother isn't fit for marriage, he should wait.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by BlogRabbit: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
My dad always said no matter how much you love a woman make sure you never marry one from a wretched and entitled background.

Now I see why

6 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Correcto: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
It is the brother's obligation only
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mosminic(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
This definitely looks like a made up story. Because I believe no one can be so insensitive and irresponsible. How do you expect someone to contribute to what doesn't concern him at all. Is the person getting married disabled? Or is the wife retarded?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chukwuibuipob: 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
sad Yes! I like a man like ur hubby.Ur parents don sold u,so he owe ur parents nothing .U can’t force him to do anything for ur family. Imagine dis stewpid thread angry
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by icankel: 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
Buhari will be in shock after reading this.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by entrep88: 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abeg DM your hubby number, na real guy man!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mosminic(m): 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
chxe:
This needs to be in the stupid section. This is the dumbest thing i have read in a while
This is an underrated comment o. Perfect
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mrpojj(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

Your father get mind oh!!
To share his son marriage cost give his son in law
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by humilitypays(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
DominusPrime:
Before I say anything when your husband wanted to get married which of your own brothers contributed to the wedding? Now your own brother, a full grown man like your husband wants to get married and they want to bill him another 120k? A man who is managing 70k salary? Anyway I blame your husband. You are earning 70k per month and you went to marry from a poor family. Their demands will definitely be higher than you can afford. Like I always say poverty dey kill love!!! It is better to cut your coat according to your cloth than deceive yourself to marry with poverty hugging you because you are in love. Sheybe the love dey help una fit una bills nah? Even if the wife gets a job things will never be the same. Even if the man gets a higher well paid job they will either hate him for the previous way he treated them or milk him more as money don come...
My brother eh......kai, poverty is really bad, and an entitled poor family makes things worst.

The wife comes from a very lazy, entitled, shameless poor family who don't even know that the future of their daughter and husband is at stake with 70k salary, they are still demanding from the guy as if he is working under Buhari's 2nd Wife's Ministry of Disaster and Humanitarian Affairs shocked shocked cheesy

Single guys una de read am so Open your eyes oh!! LOVE is not enough reason to marry anybody in 2020 and beyond!! LOVE does not put food on the table oh!

If you are single guy struggling financially, don't complicate your life issues to avoid untimely death....don't marry from a poor family....don't dare.....in fact, it is safer you remain single until things improve financially!

Marriage brings luck, marriage brings fortune, na so your poor papa, uncle and uncle uncle believed and married your mama, your aunt and today they are still poor oh! Use your head oh, no be all marriages de bring financial luck and fortune if not we for no get poor married people/families that make up 85% of Nigeria's population today cry

In this life, use your head oh or else Ogun State ritualist go use am for you shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by baby124: 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
A whole family this dumb, shameless and senseless. Na wa o. So your father and brother no even get money that they are demanding. Shame no even catch you. Imagine that you are now going to give this struggling guy’s children the low IQ from your family to join his pain! Chai!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by IMMUNO1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
You are lucky he is still keeping you under his roof after calling him an irresponsible man despite all he went through to make you happy. You and your family are greedy and irresponsible. You better get Sense and build your own family. Nonsense!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by flexindino(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
lollllz....I read this story on Life Matters on fb.... madam, first, ur husband has no right to be sending ur parents money on a monthly basis (except he feels like).... second, ur husband is not in anyway responsible for contributing for ur brother's traditional wedding.....let ur brother sort himself out the way ur husband did when he wanted marrying you....if you feel this is a problem, go get a job and play d role if ur husband to your family cos ur husband had done yo ur family wat a sensible man should do before marrying a woman.....no family shouldn't open office on top ur husband head......it seems u want a divorce from ur husband cos u're creating a path way for it...... remember say na from clap. dance dey start

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nwaonyishi69: 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
It is obvious it was a mistake from limited investigations that the man married from a family as shameless and heartless as yours. It will also be a mistake for him to continue in this your family's sucking business, that you call marriage. He paid 580k for your dowry, no balance. But your brother would now marry for 400k, after meeting a considerate family. Out of the 400k your family expects the maga husband to pay more than 1/3 of the cost of marrying for your brother, because your middle hole is Bermuda triangle, no be so? When you come grow wings well well, they may not allow your husband or maga visit his parents unless the in-laws give their permission, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by OdenKelechi(m): 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Are people not mad like this? Some ladies are outright foolish and senseless. Imagine the jobless urchin asking her hubby to contribute to her brother's wedding? How does that even make sense. Or to send her parents monthly stipends. Omoh, guys, God no go shame us with this kain dimwits of a woman

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Dyt:
Last night, me and my team finished this woman
cheesy cheesy grin

Mukina2 and fredooooooo (nigga be having a thousand o angry angry)

you get height oh, chia. See as I short for where u dey grin
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dyt(f): 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
rawpadgin:
Let me not type what's on my mind. Because it won't come out well

Ok
I laughed out really loud
cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Sheggy13(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:
The truth and bitter truth is that he doesn't love u...

When you love a woman, you love everything about her which includes her people.
Including going to steal and borrow about above your means so you can give the money to them to prove you love the woman and her people, isn't it? How old are you please?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by samdaisi: 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
please madam from all your illustrations now who is at fault, that's is the effect of greediness that some eastern people practice they tag culture, you have been sold to the man so your parent has no right to demand anything from either you or your husband again because you are no more belong to them
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by humilitypays(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mosminic:
This definitely looks like a made up story. Because I believe no one can be so insensitive and irresponsible. How do you expect someone to contribute to what doesn't concern him at all. Is the person getting married disabled? Or is the wife retarted?
It is not oh.....I have heard almost similar story from someone before.....some ladies no get sense oh.....

This woman should be worried about the future of her marriage, the future of her kids with that meagre income her husband is earning, but she is there worried about sending money that they don't have to her parents and also helping her brother who is not man enough to marry for himself to carry another bigger responsibility called wife, na wa oh!

Must her brother marry when he cannot afford the marriage requirements How does the brother intend to feed his wife and the kids that will come if he is waiting for family contribution to get married

Honestly, poor single guys should never marry poor, unemployed, jobless ladies.....it is a suicide mission, stay single if you are a broke, struggling single guy that cannot find a working class lady earning some money to assist you, if not, you will die untimely oh!!

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mosminic(m): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
flexindino:
lollllz....I read this story on Life Matters on fb.... madam, first, ur husband has no right to be sending ur parents money on a monthly basis (except he feels like).... second, ur husband is not in anyway responsible for contributing for ur brother's traditional wedding.....let ur brother sort himself out the way ur husband did when he wanted marrying you....if you feel this is a problem, go get a job and play d role if ur husband to your family cos ur husband had done yo ur family wat a sensible man should do before marrying a woman.....no family shouldn't open office on top ur husband head......it seems u want a divorce from ur husband cos u're creating a path way for it...... remember say na from clap. dance dey start
The lady obviously has a mental issue or she's still a child. Who would sit down, replay the thought and still think the husband is at fault. The man is in grave danger really
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Harrykn: 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Your family sold you to this man, that's a lot of money to start business for a single man...

Your own brother wants to marry and it is still that same man that married you that should contribute money to aid his marriage, what nonsense.

And this man again should be paying marriage allowance to you parent. Mtchew....

Is this the favour he should obtain with 70k salary?

I'm sure you are among those ladies that will pour him hot water if you discover that he pays school fees for his siblings

Lerra thoseones weebe shoutingmarry.
Tufiakwa.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
You took N580k as brideprice from a man who earns N70K a month, you don't contribute anything financially and now expecting him to send monthly contribution bro your parents, and also contribute N120K toward your brothers wedding which is almost 2 months salary?

Tufuakwa, your father should take that N580K and pay for his son's brideprice.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by grandstar(m): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
The man try. I would probably have backed out of the wedding. I can't marry liability. That family baggage is too much to bear.

You're earning 70k a month and you're to expend 580k towards your bride price. What greed! Commonsense should have told them to collect something of value of no more than 100k and tell him to use the rest for business and to take care of their daughter.

By now, his inlaws will be reaping the reward.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dyt(f): 11:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Blyzz:
you get height oh, chia. See as I short for where u dey grin

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Toks2008(m): 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
All this nonsense I'm seeing on nairaland these days dey turn my belle....If i comment now some wailers won't let me rest.

*Walks out of thread*
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by stagger: 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hahahahhaa
This got me really cracking. I actually watched a Nollywood movie to this effect (I think it was Eze Ndi'Eze or so). If you use marriage to strip a man of his 8 months pay, he will return the favours in kind and that is it.

Anyone holding the yam and knife should be careful how they cut it, as no one knows tomorrow. The other person may be the one to hold the knife and the yam years down the road, and he or she will cut it as you cut for them.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Mosminic(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
humilitypays:
It is not oh.....I have heard almost similar story from someone before.....some ladies no get sense oh.....

This woman should be worried about the future of her marriage, the future of her kids with that meagre income her husband is earning, but she is there worried about sending money that they don't have to her parents and also helping her brother who is not man enough to marry for himself to carry another bigger responsibility called wife, na wa oh!

Must her brother marry when he cannot afford the marriage requirements How does the brother intend to feed his wife and the kids that will come if he is waiting for family contribution to get married

Honestly, poor single guys should never marry poor, unemployed, jobless ladies.....it is a suicide mission, stay single if you are a broke, struggling single guy that cannot find a working class lady earning some money to assist you, if not, you will die untimely oh!!
I tell you. This is the most annoying twitter post I've come across. The guy is really in trouble. Divorce should be an option for him o. Because this lady is obviously deranged.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by fof1: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:

Ur Husband is Ur Husband. Pls Pamper him,be Submissive to him and Build ur Young Marriage. Stop Putting Pressure on him bcoz of ur Family Need. Give him Space Financially until he is Comfortable to assist. On ur Brothers Marriage list, Ur Huby is not Liable. Ur Brother should Cut his coat to his Size. God help u all.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by superability(m): 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Make I just talk few stuff...
1. Pray that the silence of your husband will not lead to you packing out of his house

2. Expect a side chick in his life cos you have lost your value in that house

3. Your brain get k-leg, so because he sends money to his parents makes it a must to send to urs abi... Though I'm not a fan of dos that says men shouldn't send money to their in-laws... But what I'm saying is that the man sending money to his in-laws is not their birth right it's out of goodwill and it's a nice thing to do sha

4. You sef think am na, how will your husband raise 120k for someone's brideprice na... If na to contribute to the wedding proper, it's OK sef but not with a price tag.

5. But you useless for that guy house o... So you mean even Royco of 20 naira you can't buy in that house if your husband travel and couldn't leave enough money at home.... Your family entitlement mentality is worse than that of APC and BOKO HARAM.... Don't let me call you a BAPTIZED IDIOT sha

6. better save your home now that you can... REMEMBER THIS.... YOU ARE NOT MARRIED TO YOUR FAMILY, SO THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE YOUR HUSBAND A STANDBY ATM.

JUST A FRIENDLY ADVICE THOUGH
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by rollandben(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Well i didnt blame the guy, he did well. how could your father pass your brothers bill on your husband after collected the whooping sum of 500k from him...who does that!!, your husband can only do that voluntarily not not mandatory your brother bill on him. is like your family wanna kill that young dude earlier. Tell your popsi to teach your younger brother the same technic your husband used to paid up your bride price!!
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
This story has been flying all over Facebook. Copy copy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.