Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Should The Man Pay It? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should The Man Pay It? (92045 Views)

Name A Bill You Hate Paying But You Must Pay It Because You Cannot Do Without It / Why Must A Man 'pay' A Woman For Sex?? / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by AristocraticMe: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.
I love that word Wise Elders, because there are some elders that are unwise. Foolish people grow old too... so not every old person is wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by worldclass68(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
God will not let me fall into this kind of family.....in Jesus name... Amen!!! Fayaaaaaa sad

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
To stone the wife's family dey hungry me grin
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by edunaragold(f): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
Avoid 3rd party in marriage, including ur families. If u want to last in it
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chxe: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
This needs to be in the stupid section. This is the dumbest thing i have read in a while

8 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
This your story get as e be jare

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by seproperties(m): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
chxe:
This needs to be in the stupid section. This is the dumbest thing i have read in a while
Really the Dumbest
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Deoboss(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
elektra:
You and Your family are a bunch of entitled clowns.

Why should your husband be paying your parents salary? Are they his employees? What are they doing for him? Your mouth did not even heavy you to ask, seeing as you are a not bringing in any income. Your head is not correct at all.

Your father sef! When he was insisting on >500K he did not think of the future. Now the same fate has befallen his son. Shame did not catch him to demand money from his in-law? Your father is a shameless man.

Well said by you, bravo.

Marriage in this clime favors women more & not men.

Imagine the words she is using to describe her husband as not responsible.

So she expects her husband on #70,000 monthly salary to be responsible to her brother, her parents & probably her other relatives.

Me i will spend that amount (#70,000) some times within a couple of days or a week max.

Then he is to be responsible to her the wife & the kids they may soon start having.

No wonder men die earlier than women

Even if she gets a job, her type won’t contribute a dime as she appears selfish & self centered.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by vickydevoka(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Vyzz:
Look out

How will ur husband contribute money for ur brother to marry....

That's how all these slay queens go around and call men broke...

Men that are better than their brother...

The man na start man... Ur dad wants to milk him
Dats how northerners do. Especially plateau kaduna n nasarawa Christians
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by ayenale1(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is the perfect answer for your case

It is wickedness for your parents to collect bride price of that amount from your husband and still demand 120k when the smart guy who deflowered you only use 2 noodles and two eggs, your family has collected their inheritance if i may put it that way...if they are not happy with that let them return the bride price after all he never met you a virgin.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by jaxxy(m): 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
U husband paid ur exorbitant bride price alone and by himself without ur family or brothers support or assistance and now ur dad wants him to help pay ur brothers bride price??

Ur father get liver ooo

Where is that kind of a thing done??

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by edunaragold(f): 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
When its comes to igbo list most parents are greedy and sturbon,u no reduce list for the poor guy,u want make him help your brother ,y is it that u woman always want us to play along even when una dey do the wrong thing.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Is it your husband they will give the wife? Hasn't he paid your bride price? And you are dumbly supporting them against him, even calling him irresponsible. If you like don't receive sense and apologise.

I just hope this story is made up because this family including their daughter are stupid beyond belief

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Estellie: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Which kain wife be dis? This had better be fake

Mteww
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by John5326: 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
I don't know if this is real or fake. The thing is just thank God you didn't marry someone like me. So your husband is now a poverty alleviation scheme bah.

Is well
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by chocolatelady(f): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
There are somethings that shame will not allow me to say honestly. Ur husband spent above 500k on ur head. Ur family are selling u to him abii. The man managed to pay it, now u are telling him to contribute to ur brothers marriage. Pity urself pls. Make shame catch u and ur family abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by sunsewa16: 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
From ur story,I will simply say ur family is scavengers, sorry to say this,ur not contributing any financial quota to ur home,under his poor salary,yet he paid such huge fund on ur head,then ur family is billing him such amount without his approval on ur brother responsibility,is sheer wickedness.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Dalby(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
Nairalanders, What's your take on this?
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

https://twitter.com/SmartAtuadi/status/1272275117280759810?s=19

How much did your brother contribute when he was marrying you?

You guys are lucky he still picks your parents call...

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by kollins2345: 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nothing else to say my brothers and sisters has said it all
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Kylce042(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:
What would have been your reaction towards this matter, If you were the husband?

How do you n the rest of ya family want your thunder??
if it is tradition not to reduce price of d list then it is also tradition not to expect anything from your husband. If any of this is true hmmm lemme reserve my comment sha! And tell your stupid brother to go n hustle he is not ready to marry yet.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by vickydevoka(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Zabiboy:

So some men are still getting married to idle and jobless ladies...
IT IS WELL....
She doesnt contribute financially but wants to contribute to the decision-making process of how finances are spent angry
WOMEN WOULD EMBARRASS YOU....

Someone should pass me that spitting meme sad
Na dats y I run from my former babe. Dere family too poor. N religious. If marry her my own is finished. My advice, try not to marry from a family that was rich a letter became poor. Oo my God!!Dem go finish u with entitlement because Dem don chop live b4.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by vickyavc: 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Jeffrey12:

If Indeed your story was true.
1. You don't love your husband. As a house wife, your responsibility is to help grow your husband's wealth for the betterment of your new home( immediate family).

2. It's never your husband's duty to be taken care of your family. It's something he does at will. It's the responsibility of you and your siblings.

3. I discovered that you people don't have shame at all, especially your brother. He doesn't have money for the common bride price and how do you think he would take care of his family, may be your husband would do that for him as a good in-law abi?

Common getout of here

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Chukd225: 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
Damnnnn nigarrrrr,assuming without conceeding this story,the lady that tweeted this is highly irresponsible,her parents are greedy, selfish,lack conscience and irresponsible too.The brother that wants to get married is also irresponsible,I pity this man that married this fool as a wife,u don't even pity ur husband whose salary is a meagerly one(#70k)per month,do u want to send this man to his early grave??.ur husband does not owe any financial duty to ur parents in anyway and it is not the duty/responsibility of ur husband to contribute to ur brother's wedding.if I were the husband,I would divorce this fool as my wife.

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Bishop(m): 10:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
thorpido:
Well your husband does not have a responsibility to send money monthly to your parents.He could but he is not obligated to.
Your husband also does not have an obligation to contribute to your brother's wedding.It is your own obligation as the sister.He could do that however as an inlaw.
I guess the problem with your husband is that your family did not treat him well when he wanted to marry you because of the list he was given.
You both need counsel from wise elders.

You have spoken well.

The bides parents could have behaved like emperors during his wedding,husband felt very hurt.

When parents collect bribe price they should remember that they are not selling their female child.

The man has bought you from your parents and he is using you as he deems fit.

My advise for you is to sit with him and beg him on your parents behalf also you must realise that he owes your parents nothing it is their attitude to him that will bring money from his pocket.

You too, go and earn 70k salary monthly and experience how easy it is to throw money around.
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by abbey621(m): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
LISTEN UP BOYS & MEN, NEVER EVER MARRY A LIABILITY! By liability I'm not only talking about your partner but her family as well! Any family that sees their daughter as a financial tool instead of prioritizing her happiness should be feared, this type of family not only holds a strong leash on your wife but you as well, the more you fight it, the more unhappy your wife becomes and ultimately she either leaves you or frustrates your entire existence.....ONCE AGAIN NEVER EVER MARRY A LIABILITY!

6 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
when i read this thing on twitter i was pained, because the man did not give his a factory reset slap..imagine nonesense..GOD IF NA ONLY THIS KIND WIFE RAMAIN IN THIS WORLD LET ME REMAIN SINGLE..CAUSE I GO USE AM DO RITUAL NONESENSE..
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
That's I always tell young MEN to avoid LEECHES.
Avoid FAMILIES with Huge Burdens and Large Family sizes.

It's a RULE in my Family.
If OKONJO IWEALA and other TOP Wealthy Nigerian Families can adopt such in their families despite their wealth and affluence, please who are you then...... a struggling man settling for a Leech.
Wealthy People always go to Wealthy Destinations to Fall in Love. grin grin grin grin grin
They messed up, so they should fix their mess.
You shouldn't be the one to liberate them.
Always seek for ADVICE before you marry.

If you come across a RESOURCEFUL FAMILY, then it becomes a Blessing.
Don't rush into marriage thinking GOD will always liberate you when you get entangled. Mind u people having been waiting for God's Blessings before you came.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by SOJOSEPH(m): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluwasegun007:
The truth and bitter truth is that he doesn't love u...

When you love a woman, you love everything about her which includes her people.

You also love the poverty style of her family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awon oloriburuku re ooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by udyraph(m): 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
This is just the reasoning of some slay Queens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by temptnow: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mindlog:
If the story is true and not one of those twitter tales then it is a messed up family, why should the husband be sending money to the in-laws on a monthly basis what is their son doing with his own money? If am the husband, I will not contribute even one naira to the traditional wedding, maybe they will also expect him to contribute in paying hospital bills when the brother-in-law's wife gives birth. Such entitlement!

I was reading it and and was getting angry at the same time. It should better be one of those Twitter tales as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Man Pay It? by popsyleo1: 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
You are stupid to expect anything from him, what is your brother doing or is he a lazy youth?
Re: Should The Man Pay It? by petitejolie(f): 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2020
Which kind yeye family be this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.