Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (80758 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / What Has Been Your Experience Dating Nigerian Girls From Poor Homes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by SavageBoy: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
osamz007:
AS FOR TALL GUYS I'M PROUDLY HERE grin

Is that the only thing you have to offerundecided

6 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
AniOmaa:
Academic success/achievements aside (which was never in dispute for the Nigerian-American girls, even though it applies to every Nigerian including the ones that just immigrated), I've lived long enough in the US, as well as dated lots of Naija-American girls through my college years to know they are massively overrated. I have my reasons for saying that, but for now I'll just say I'm more likely to either go to Naija and find me a wife... or at most marry a Ghanaian or any other African girl born here in the United States than settle with a Nigerian girl out here.

Bros, please why you say this?? Enlighten us oo, fellow brothers. Spill the beans, spill the ewa. Say why you are careful with them, abeg.

Or if you wanna talk on phone, let's do private message. I would like to hear your views. Me too am a pure Naija guy and my nature won't tolerate certain things.

So spill the beans like ewa and help your fellow brothers

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by wavylevel: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Yada, yada yada!!!
Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by PoliteActivist: 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Terryishere:
Actually you are whatever your tribe is not Nigerian which was named by a white girl.

Not true. There has emerged a distinct Nigerian personality regardless of tribe - scammy and criminally very intelligent and sexual

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:
I'll give you my own experience having lived and worked in the USA for over a decade now. THEY ARE THE WORST! The write up that they visit 9ja every six month is pure fantasy....Many don't even know what the airport in Lagos is called. Many don't even have a Nigerian passport or know how to get a Nigerian visa. Forget about the celebs you mentioned and focus on the majority, the average Nnkechi or Kemi held down with student loans and entry level jobs, these ones will gladly eat eba or jollof but will never give up their Red Lobster or other American delicacies.

Furthermore, I've discovered that most of them only like to be Nigerian by name but when it comes to actually doing things that encompasses the Nigerian female such as respecting elders/in-laws, taking care of the home, investing back in 9ja for the future they FAIL astonishingly.

Last but not least, whether it is a Nigerian girl picked from 9ja or one who came here as a child or was born here, individuality matters. There's no general consensus, just like we have many mad people that are whites or black Americans, same goes for Nigerian females. Sometimes it is like rolling dices, you might roll double six and hit the jackpot but most times you end up with numbers closer to 1 grin grin grin

Interesting points. Which one did you marry? American naija or naija naija?
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by SavageBoy: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ramos16:
god damn, what is the purpose of this article for the love of God.

Like, what were you thinking when you wrote it, what does all this even mean.

This is just f^ckn ridiculous.

Just keep quiet and move on to another post

Must you commentundecided
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by slaypapa: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
We dey talk about how ordinary Nigerians go take register for Npower, u dey there dey talk about Nigerians/Oyinbos wey don chop belle full. Abeg park well

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by KingZaddy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

I also thought the same until I moved abroad. You can never hide your nationality and heritage. Even if you get an American passport tomorrow, the American passport will still show Nigeria as your place of birth.
Of cause I know that... but that doesn't mean I'd go on fly Nigerian flags in my apartment or online activities

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by abbey621(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

I'm currently around Buckhead in Atlanta and I know of families here that eat only Naija food every day. While living with my relatives in Buckhead, we eat ”Pando yam” virtually every day. My brothers barely eat America foo at all. They mostly eat the Nigerian stuff they get from the African store and farmer’s market.

I eat Nigerian food too, in fact my wife cooks Nigerian food almost every other day but to say that is all we eat is a big exaggeration, we would be bankrupt if that's all we ate. Snail 4 for $20, ponmo, 3 for $15, stock fish, prawns another 20 dollars. Imagine wanting to cook a pot of soup and spending $100(About 40k Naira). A pot of soup lasan lasan, na 9ja food I wan eat I no kill person grin grin grin.

17 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
Mouth Gig:
WE HEAR U

U PEOPLE SHOULD FOLLOW UR KIND,ALSO BORN THERE.

AND LEAVE US ALONE HERE. angry angry

WHEN YOU SHOULD BE TALKING OF HOW U PUNKS,CAN COME HELP IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER,TALKING ABOUT,HOW YOU PUNKS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS,BECAUSE U ARE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS OF TRUMP'S STRIP CLUB CALLED AMERICA .SMH angry angry angry

You sound sad and pained.

Do you know how many things some Diaporean Nigerians are doing? Some of us even hire people back home, contributing in our small ways to lowering unemployment. Can we do more, sure we can...But rudely implying Nigerians outside are not helping, that is a weak position to take.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
Well summarized personal experience OP.
Might be personal for you but it’s true in many cases except a few examples.

My daughter doesn’t know she’s American yet.
Her first identity if Nigerian. If you ask her she will say “I’m Nigerian”. When she’s older she’ll learn she’s American as well.
First things first.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by abbey621(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Interesting points. Which one did you marry? American naija or naija naija?

9ja 9ja, needed someone that would share my vision of investing back home and relocating when we get older, I could have easily married American naija but fate said otherwise, either way na grace of God o cos even naija naija women can be devilish as well grin.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Twenty8:
honestly, this people will be heart broken if Nigeria were to split like most nairaland tribalist would want.

But I have 2 problems with them though

(1)it is very easy to be patriotic since they aren't feeling the heat, not that am saying it is bad they are being patriots of the nation, but if we the ones living in this current Nigeria are feeling unpatriotic, we have our reasons not to.

(2)Why marry a woman who would want to be dragging power and sharing chores with me unless she wants to share and drag the dowry with me.

So I agree with your point number 2. My point exactly. If she like make she be CEO of Goldman Sachs. I no do grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Ramos16(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
SavageBoy:

Just keep quiet and move on to another post

Must you commentundecided

You have not brains, your obsessions on how to control women is the sole reason for this article, it is rettarded and dumb
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Okoroawusa: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
There is no difference between these girls n oyinbo girls.
A Nigerian man born n brought up in Nigeria with our mentality won't go for these girls.
The only thing nigerian about these girls is the "nigerian" in Nigerian-American.

10 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by LadyExcellency: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nwanyi Nna ya by Eze.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by ibkayee(f): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
cococandy:
Well summarized personal experience OP.
Might be personal for you but it’s true in many cases except a few examples.

My daughter doesn’t know she’s American yet.
Her first identity if Nigerian. If you ask her she will say “I’m Nigerian”. When she’s older she’ll learn she’s American as well.
First things first.
Lol!

I recall always subconsciously identifying as Nigerian before British, it's only now that I 'remember' that I am technically British lol
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by SavageBoy: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
KingZaddy:
The last thing I want to do is go abroad and represent the stupid nation...

I'd rather represent Iran and Iraq

Mad ohgrin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by smallsmall: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Kobicove:
OK...we have heard

By the way OP, when was the last time you visited Nigeria? cheesy

Dont mind him, he is trying to brain-wash us into marrying all the "Nigerian Rejects" wey dey coast for America! Let them keep advertising for African Husbands, we nor want. undecided grin
(That does not mean they are not academically successful, but that is a different ball game)

A woman that cannot cook or wash dishes and has to compete with the husband over cooking and washing dishes, IS NOT WORTHY to be called A WIFE.
Just like a man that cannot pay house rent or pay his children school fees IS NOT a Husband.
Wife or Husband get each own duties, within a family setup.

Honestly, l dont need a wife that earns $500,000 and l dont want to earn that either, l just want to live a simple happy life, with enough money to buy the simple things that makes me happy and can provide for the needs of my wife and children.

Over to you @ Poster.....go and marry them, l "giffup"
. kiss grin

22 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Originalsly: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

CAVEAT: These points were made based on my own personal experience. Another person may have a slightly different experience. ONE LOVE NAIJA ❤️.

In this your longggg write up.....I know there must be something for me to disagree with.... but I'm just not finding anything... nothing... nada!
Bro...great write up.... soooo on point! Two thumbs up!

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:

9ja 9ja, needed someone that would share my vision of investing back home and relocating when we get older, I could have easily married American naija but fate said otherwise, either way na grace of God o cos even naija naija women can be devilish as well grin.

Lol - yes bro. Women will be women. But at least, from your write up, I can see it's net positive for you, so that's good.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Blueelf: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
When will you guys get tired of this man vs woman debate threads

Na wa oo...Here we go again
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by ogbonti: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
want to live long ? - avoid Nigerian females in AMERICA - they are the most repulsive and recalcitrant sets of humans on the face of the earth!!!

All those who were born here to Nigerian parents and most who came here as adults ARE ALMOST the same in their character

REASON - they will always put you on edge and you will never have peace of mind - because of the unrealistic standards they set for themselves

someone is always gonna be ahead of you in your career and education - so when that person indicates interest in them - you are toast!

I did not leave Nigeria to come to America to continue the senseless pressure society placed on us back home in Africa.

That is why I am married to an American and I am successful and I am not living my life - competing with anyone or trying to live up to anyone

I REPEAT - IF YOU WANT TO BE ON HYPERTENSION MEDICATION FOREVER - DATE AND MARRY A NIGERIAN WOMAN IN AMERICA - AND YOUR ROOM WILL BE RESERVED IN THE FUTURE CLOSE TO HUSHPUPPI'S ROOM IN THE AMERICAN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM

It is this desire to measure up to some crazy standards of the OP that has made some Nigerian men delve into the world of crime!

Be guided, be wise!!!!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Ikjosh04: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
Majestic77:

OP. I heard they can be very stubborn as well. Like the ones we see on social media fighting each other every day. Or those ones, African Americans?. I would want to visit America someday as we don't have too many "Australian Nigerians here, if I can use that word
But there are lovely gals over there? The caucasain, whitey, blackky and co
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
No tell me say na KPEKUS you go Yankee go dey smell? This one wey you bust dey count names
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
smallsmall:

Dont mind him, he is trying to brain-wash us into marrying all the "Nigerian Rejects" wey dey coast for America! Let them keep advertising for African Husbands, we nor want. undecided grin
(That does not mean they are not academically successful, but that is a different ball game)

A woman that cannot cook or wash dishes and has to compete with the husband over cooking and washing dishes, IS NOT WORTHY to be called A WIFE.
Just like a man that cannot pay house rent or pay his children school fees IS NOT a Husband.
Wife or Husband get each own duties, within a family setup.

Honestly, l dont need a wife that earns $500,000 and l dont want to earn that either, l just want to live a simple happy life, with enough money to buy the simple things that makes me happy and can provide for the needs of my wife and children.

Over to you @ Poster.....go and marry them, l "giffup"
. kiss grin

Hahaha- you harsh oo. But it's true, which naija man go get time table to share chores with who? Lol. Make 1 million go siddon joor. If somebody wants to be a wife, let them be a wife. No be all these I can't cook and co

10 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:

how far, I can run some package for you down here in Nigeria
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Tonitoniton(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
6 and 7 is what they are known for. Look else where if u are looking for a wife

5 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
;
Freestainworld:
how about Nigerian-Pakistani girls?
Don't leave me cry grin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by betonnaira: 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
long story shory pussy nah pussy with different color
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by jidmas2011(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Correct
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by madridsta007(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Cumtroller:
Will this information help in evicting Buhari from Aso-Rock?

This is my major concern at the moment.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What's Your Thought On Tall Girls Getting Married To Tall Guys? / Sex Tips: How To Lose Your Virginity Without Pain (girls) / Did The Boobs Disappear? - Media React To Lady's Transformation Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.