Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (80761 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / What Has Been Your Experience Dating Nigerian Girls From Poor Homes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Kazeemakeem(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:
Nigerian-Americans to a very large extent, are Nigerians who were born and/or raised by Nigerian parents in the United States. Most of them were born to Nigerian immigrant families - many of whom migrated to Yankee during the ”visa lottery and green card regime”. Some prominent Nigerian American girls are Tomi Adeyemi, Chineye Ogwumike, Nneka Ogwumike, Arike Ogunbowale, Oyinye Iweala and many more.

In the course of my experience studying and living in America, I’ve interacted with so many Nigerian-Americans and these are some of my observations.

This thread is a response to previous threads on dating African Americans and immigrant Nigerian women(those who migrated to the US from Naija as adults - some in their late 20s and some in their early 30s, 40s etc) in the USA. This particular thread could help guide prospective Nigerian foreign students or immigrants in America - who hope to end up with one of their sisters or brothers that were born and raised in the diaspora.

(1). Most of them(Nigerian-Americans) are more Nigerian than you think.

There is an erroneous belief among many Nigerians back home who feel once people leave Nigeria - they stop being a Nigerian. To be honest, I'm more Nigerian right now than I was while growing up in Naija. For many Nigerian-Americans, the story is the same. Most(not all) of the Nigerian-Americans I’ve met here are so deeply rooted in the Nigerian culture that I'm sometimes left in awe. Many of them have Nigerian flags in their apartments and if you check their Instagram profiles - you are very likely to see the smiley of a Nigerian flag there. And please: don't think ”patriotism is sweet from the abroad”.

There are many Nigerian-Americans who go home every 6months - they know how difficult things could be in Naija but the reality is: once you have a Nigerian ancestry - you and your descendants are forever Nigerians. Thus, you can never disassociate yourself from your roots. Unless you just want to foo.l yourself. I know of Nigerian immigrants (with a US green card) who left the US(sold their properties) and returned to Naija to hustle because living abroad does not feel like home to many Nigerians.

In states like Texas, Maryland, New York, Georgia, California, Illinois, and others with tens of thousands of Nigerians, it is common to meet Nigerian-American girls who eat only Nigerian food(they don't like American food despite being born and raised there). They also know the songs of Davido, Wiz Kid, Burna Boy, Tiwa, Falz, Zlatan, Naira Marley and the likes in manners typical of a Lagos babe. That explains why whenever these Naija artistes come to the US - their concerts are usually sold out. Nigerian -Americans no dey joke with Afrobeat music oo.

(2). Nigerian -American girls are super ambitious and successful

Wait! If you are a Naija guy hoping to date a Naija-Americana, you better up your game now! These girls are not joking mehn. 99% of the Nigerian-American girls around me are all pursuing careers that pay at least 6-figures annually. There was a Nigerian-American girl I met in New York. She had her first degree from Harvard. An MPH(Master of Public Health) from Yale and she's about resuming medical school at another ivy league school. In a system like America, with the field she plans to work in, such a fellow is likely to end up earning at least $500,000 pay in a few years. Her story is similar to that of most Nigerian-American girls here. I have never met a Naija-Americana who is not interested in higher degrees or high paying careers in America like medicine, nursing, tech, finance, pharmacy, sports, business/investment/investment banking, trade, engineering, consulting, etc.

So, if you plan to date/marry a Naija-Americana, you must be ambitious, honest, and hardworking. Otherwise, you go play second fiddle tire.

(3). Their parents and family are heavily involved in their lives.

One of the major reasons why they are super successful is because of their parents. Most Nigerian-Americans live in America but they were raised in Nigerian homes. Thus, many of their parents raised them like Naija kids - read your books. Work hard. Be excellent and always aim for the top. Pursue high-paying careers. All of these coupled with the enabling environment and opportunities that America provides make them who they are. Many of their parents give them the specs of the husbands/wives they want them to have. I’ve seen cases where Nigerian-American girls refused to date guys because they were not ambitious and successful enough. In fact, within the Nigerian community here, there is ”elitism”(if you are a young Nigerian chap and you are not well educated or you don't have a good-paying career job, many Nigerian-Americans won't even roll with you. This is a story for another day).

(4). They don't really need your money.

They want you to be successful. Be well educated and have a great career but they don't plan to leech off you. To the basics. Whenever I go out with Nigerian-American girls here, they always want to pay for their own food and drinks. In fact, some of them have offered to pay for mine - even though I invited them for lunch/dinner. I’ve had arguments with a few of them for always wanting to split bills when I was the one who planned the treat. Hence, don't expect them to disturb you for money related to makeup, hair, accessories, and the likes. Although, it is always good to surprise them with gifts and flowers - if you plan to date or marry any of them.

(5).Many of them place a premium on physical features(being tall is a big deal to them)

Especially when they are young(let's say below the age of 25), many Nigerian-American girls love guys with certain physical features like height(6’7 tall), muscles, beards and the likes. They love guys that are athletic and super clean. So, apart from being career-driven, be prepared to hit the gym to grow some mass if you wan see them date. cheesy
Although, as they grow older, they tend to care less about these physical features. Regardless, they always love and prefer tall and clean guys who have great careers. Their ideal man is a guy who is physically appealing, clean, intelligent, career-driven and has a great taste of fashion.

(6). They are not your cooks or slaves

This is the American part of them. If you know you want a wife that will constantly cook for you, clean the house and do other numerous chores. Sorry. Most Nigerian-American girls are not for you. You, as a man must learn how to cook as well. Clean the bathroom. Wash dishes and other ways you could be of assistance to her. They are not your typical ”villa girls”. If you plan to date/marry a Nigerian-American babe, be prepared to split the cookings/chores - the same way you will always split many of your bills.

(7). They can be sometimes arrogant and snobby

Many of them can ghost guys for Africa sha especially when they find you socially awkward or not possessing the physical features they desire in their man or you don't look like what they prefer. I find this to be somewhat childish tho. It's part of the unnecessary ”growing class division” within the Nigerian community here.

(cool. Treat them right. Take good care of them and support them. They are our sisters and brothers!

CAVEAT: These points were made based on my own personal experience. Another person may have a slightly different experience. ONE LOVE NAIJA ❤️.

Link me i have all this quality inn tall and ambitious
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by smallsmall: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
abbey621:
I'll give you my own experience having lived and worked in the USA for over a decade now. THEY ARE THE WORST! The write up that they visit 9ja every six month is pure fantasy....Many don't even know what the airport in Lagos is called. Many don't even have a Nigerian passport or know how to get a Nigerian visa. Forget about the celebs you mentioned and focus on the majority, the average Nnkechi or Kemi held down with student loans and entry level jobs, these ones will gladly eat eba or jollof but will never give up their Red Lobster or other American delicacies.

Furthermore, I've discovered that most of them only like to be Nigerian by name but when it comes to actually doing things that encompasses the Nigerian female such as respecting elders/in-laws, taking care of the home, investing back in 9ja for the future they FAIL astonishingly.

Last but not least, whether it is a Nigerian girl picked from 9ja or one who came here as a child or was born here, individuality matters. There's no general consensus, just like we have many mad people that are whites or black Americans, same goes for Nigerian females. Sometimes it is like rolling dices, you might roll double six and hit the jackpot but most times you end up with numbers closer to 1 grin grin grin

Now that is somebody who knows WhatsUp!
Wa'Gbaayi, as we say in Naija.
Nothing in this world will make me marry from such demographics as 'Nigerian girls, born and raised in the US'.
Overated, Over-pamperred and eternally selfish, devoid of culture, morals and manners. Abeg, l reject such for a wife, for my children sef.
undecided angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol!

I recall always subconsciously identifying as Nigerian before British, it's only now that I 'remember' that I am technically British lol

But honestly, you are Nigerian first before anything else. You could have been born in any other country but your Nigerian DNA/ancestry is the only thing that is unchangeable.

6 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
ogbonti:
want to live long ? - avoid Nigerian females in AMERICA - they are the most repulsive and recalcitrant sets of humans on the face of the earth!!!

All those who were born here to Nigerian parents and most who came here as adults ARE ALMOST the same in their character

REASON - they will always put you on edge and you will never have peace of mind - because of their unrealistic standards they set for themselves

someone is always gonna be ahead of you in your career and education - so when that person indicates interest in them - you are toast!

I did not leave Nigeria to come to America to continue the senseless pressure society placed on us back home in Africa.

That is why I am married to an American and I am successful and I am not living my life - competing with anyone or trying to live up to anyone

I REPEAT - IF YOU WANT TO BE ON HYPERTENSION MEDICATION FOREVER - DATE AND MARRY A NIGERIAN IN AMERICA - AND YOUR ROOM WILL BE RESERVED IN THE FUTURE CLOSE TO HUSHPUPPI'S ROOM IN THE AMERICAN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM

It is this desire to measure up to some crazy standards of the OP that has made some Nigerians delve into the world of crime!

Be guided, be wise!!!!

Chief, na wah oo. This your account is depressing oo. Are the ones you have seen that bad? Do they show this bad attitude during courtship? So you think guys see all these red signs but still go and marry these people?

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by SavageBoy: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ramos16:

You have not brains, your obsessions on how to control women is the sole reason for this article, it is rettarded and dumb

Oga just keep quiet

Sense is a kilometer away from your brain

You had better master the difference between "no" and "not" before you come here and be insulting yourselfgrin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nwaonyishi69: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
[quote author=Karlifate post=91131598][/quote] They are the ones feeding and running errands for Boko Haram and alkaida West Africa. You find them with hijabs and led bombs.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by SGANIVA(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
not all are arrogant , some are very respectful , well mannered , just that you can't surpress or deprive them of freedom like a typical Nigerian man . I like them because they are open minded , and knows what the want , not like a local girl here full of pretence.only in Nigeria you will train a girl in school , spend all the money on her family , after graduation she will now remember you are old.nigerian Americans are good , I met one in Cairo Egypt 2014 . I lost her contact though

8 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Babaibejii: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:
Nigerian-Americans to a very large extent, are Nigerians who were born and/or raised by Nigerian parents in the United States. Most of them were born to Nigerian immigrant families - many of whom migrated to Yankee during the ”visa lottery and green card regime”. Some prominent Nigerian American girls are Tomi Adeyemi, Chineye Ogwumike, Nneka Ogwumike, Arike Ogunbowale, Oyinye Iweala and many more.

In the course of my experience studying and living in America, I’ve interacted with so many Nigerian-Americans and these are some of my observations.

This thread is a response to previous threads on dating African Americans and immigrant Nigerian women(those who migrated to the US from Naija as adults - some in their late 20s and some in their early 30s, 40s etc) in the USA. This particular thread could help guide prospective Nigerian foreign students or immigrants in America - who hope to end up with one of their sisters or brothers that were born and raised in the diaspora.

There is an erroneous belief among many Nigerians back home who feel once people leave Nigeria - they stop being a Nigerian. To be honest, I'm more Nigerian right now than I was while growing up in Naija. For many Nigerian-Americans, the story is the same. Most(not all) of the Nigerian-Americans I’ve met here are so deeply rooted in the Nigerian culture that I'm sometimes left in awe. Many of them have Nigerian flags in their apartments and if you check their Instagram profiles - you are very likely to see the smiley of a Nigerian flag there. And please: don't think ”patriotism is sweet from the abroad”.

There are many Nigerian-Americans who go home every 6months - they know how difficult things could be in Naija but the reality is: once you have a Nigerian ancestry - you and your descendants are forever Nigerians. Thus, you can never disassociate yourself from your roots. Unless you just want to foo.l yourself. I know of Nigerian immigrants (with a US green card) who left the US(sold their properties) and returned to Naija to hustle because living abroad does not feel like home to many Nigerians.

In states like Texas, Maryland, New York, Georgia, California, Illinois, and others with tens of thousands of Nigerians, it is common to meet Nigerian-American girls who eat only Nigerian food(they don't like American food despite being born and raised there). They also know the songs of Davido, Wiz Kid, Burna Boy, Tiwa, Falz, Zlatan, Naira Marley and the likes in manners typical of a Lagos babe. That explains why whenever these Naija artistes come to the US - their concerts are usually sold out. Nigerian -Americans no dey joke with Afrobeat music oo.

Wait! If you are a Naija guy hoping to date a Naija-Americana, you better up your game now! These girls are not joking mehn. 99% of the Nigerian-American girls around me are all pursuing careers that pay at least 6-figures annually. There was a Nigerian-American girl I met in New York. She had her first degree from Harvard. An MPH(Master of Public Health) from Yale and she's about resuming medical school at another ivy league school. In a system like America, with the field she plans to work in, such a fellow is likely to end up earning at least $500,000 pay in a few years. Her story is similar to that of most Nigerian-American girls here. I have never met a Naija-Americana who is not interested in higher degrees or high paying careers in America like medicine, nursing, tech, finance, pharmacy, sports, business/investment/investment banking, trade, engineering, consulting, etc.

So, if you plan to date/marry a Naija-Americana, you must be ambitious, honest, and hardworking. Otherwise, you go play second fiddle tire.

One of the major reasons why they are super successful is because of their parents. Most Nigerian-Americans live in America but they were raised in Nigerian homes. Thus, many of their parents raised them like Naija kids - read your books. Work hard. Be excellent and always aim for the top. Pursue high-paying careers. All of these coupled with the enabling environment and opportunities that America provides make them who they are. Many of their parents give them the specs of the husbands/wives they want them to have. I’ve seen cases where Nigerian-American girls refused to date guys because they were not ambitious and successful enough. In fact, within the Nigerian community here, there is ”elitism”(if you are a young Nigerian chap and you are not well educated or you don't have a good-paying career job, many Nigerian-Americans won't even roll with you. This is a story for another day).

They want you to be successful. Be well educated and have a great career but they don't plan to leech off you. To the basics. Whenever I go out with Nigerian-American girls here, they always want to pay for their own food and drinks. In fact, some of them have offered to pay for mine - even though I invited them for lunch/dinner. I’ve had arguments with a few of them for always wanting to split bills when I was the one who planned the treat. Hence, don't expect them to disturb you for money related to makeup, hair, accessories, and the likes. Although, it is always good to surprise them with gifts and flowers - if you plan to date or marry any of them.

(5).Many of them place a premium on physical features(being tall is a big deal to them)

Especially when they are young(let's say below the age of 25), many Nigerian-American girls love guys with certain physical features like height(6’7 tall), muscles, beards and the likes. They love guys that are athletic and super clean. So, apart from being career-driven, be prepared to hit the gym to grow some mass if you wan see them date. cheesy
Although, as they grow older, they tend to care less about these physical features. Regardless, they always love and prefer tall and clean guys who have great careers. Their ideal man is a guy who is physically appealing, clean, intelligent, career-driven and has a great taste of fashion.

This is the American part of them. If you know you want a wife that will constantly cook for you, clean the house and do other numerous chores. Sorry. Most Nigerian-American girls are not for you. You, as a man must learn how to cook as well. Clean the bathroom. Wash dishes and other ways you could be of assistance to her. They are not your typical ”villa girls”. If you plan to date/marry a Nigerian-American babe, be prepared to split the cookings/chores - the same way you will always split many of your bills.

Many of them can ghost guys for Africa sha especially when they find you socially awkward or not possessing the physical features they desire in their man or you don't look like what they prefer. I find this to be somewhat childish tho. It's part of the unnecessary ”growing class division” within the Nigerian community here.

(cool. Treat them right. Take good care of them and support them. They are our sisters and brothers!

CAVEAT: These points were made based on my own personal experience. Another person may have a slightly different experience. ONE LOVE NAIJA ❤️.

You wan hook them up with cute pure naija breeds?, go straighy to point cos i heard most them puna dey rusty due to all these their high expectations. Btw, naija for naija get all these hustling ambitious trait too.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nwaonyishi69: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
madridsta007:

grin grin
It is a trend for the frustrated loafers and day dreamers.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by abbey621(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
smallsmall:

Nothing in this world will make me marry from such demographics as 'Nigerian girls, born and raised in the US'.
Overated, Over-pamperred and eternally selfish, devoid of culture, morals and manners. Abeg, l reject such for a wife, for my children sef.
undecided angry

It's all God's grace my brotha, I have seen many of my guys bring women from 9ja and end up shouting WHY ME! In fact the first girl I brought from 9ja ended up being a psycho and we called it quits within 6 months after spending close to 20,000 USD. May God help us all grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Crispels(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
smallsmall:

undecided angry

Are you based in the US? Your comment is too general and stereotypical. Your experience with a few cannot represent the behavior of girls within the entire Nigerian community here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by helpfindbolu: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by ovie8200: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for sharing such a remarkable post. You tried but in my opinion, you should have left it to those ignorance who always think Nigeria abroad washes toilet, plates, or clean street to make a living. I myself came when I was young with my five siblings but before then, my parents already had 3 more girls making us 8 in siblings. We are successful in doctors, nurses, and other areas in health fields. My mom is a nurse too while my dad is just a recent NYC worker retiree. I and my siblings all came to Nigeria to marry and my wife, my brother's wives and my sisters husband are doing well too making over $120k in different tech companies and health care fields. So many Nigerians I know are highly successful. It's very shameful when some people who they probably denied visas will be talking out of ignorance that Nigerians abroad don't have career or clean street, wash plate or other things because of anger. It's like someone saying that many of our parents who are successful, owe properties in the USA and still owe numerous properties in Nigeria and still took their children to the USA to have nothing successful doing. That's very disrespectful. My question is how are my parents, for example, was able to achieve all this if they only making minimum wages cleaning the streets, plates, or toilet as someone code hearted people always say? Am not saying all Nigerians here or in other countries are successful, but the majority are. For anyone to say that Nigerians abroad do cleaning, then maybe that's what your parents or friends or you individual who refused to go to school and study something that will flesh you a good job. Thank you for the post and may God bless you.

10 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by madridsta007(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:

LOL.

I get many invites for dates and lunch and all that when I’m there for visits.
The OP is true. They are super ambitious, independent driven, quite rich and, in all cases I’ve seen, desperately want to settle down. I remember going for a wedding— I was still in the second year of my PhD— and this man, having realised that I was from his region in Nigeria, tried “selling” his daughters to me. Beautiful, exciting prospects.

But it was very clear. None of them would actually act as a “wife” when married. They had all the tendencies of bossing one, instructing and leading the man in the marriage.
And you can’t blame them. They need the marriage because, they really believe it is the “cool”’thing to do. Kids and all that.
But they are not ready for what, Biblically and traditionally speaking, constitutes a “wife”. I think it is silly to be looking for a Nigerian man if you want to boss him around. That is foolisness.

OP stop whitewashing them and tell your readers the good and challenging aspects of these our lovely sisters. undecided wink

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Twenty8:
honestly, this people will be heart broken if Nigeria were to split like most nairaland tribalist would want.

But I have 2 problems with them though

(1)it is very easy to be patriotic since they aren't feeling the heat, not that am saying it is bad they are being patriots of the nation, but if we the ones living in this current Nigeria are feeling unpatriotic, we have our reasons not to.

(2)Why marry a woman who would want to be dragging power and sharing chores with me unless she wants to share and drag the dowry with me.
Do they pay bride price or give marriage list for marriage in the west?

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by AnthonyAk(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Crispels:
By birth and heritage, Okonjo Iweala’s children fit the description of a Nigerian-American. Below are their profiles. Typical of my point on ”ambition and success”

There is one more son u dont know about. they its kept lowkey
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
Very true. They are indeed very arrogant to a certain extent. I'm actually dating one and she is a doctor in the US. Hmm her wahala too much. Too damn independent for my liking but I still want to marry her coz she will be an asset to me

6 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by ogbonti: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Chief, na wah oo. This your account is depressing oo. Are the ones you have seen that bad? Do they show this bad attitude during courtship? So you think guys see all these red signs but still go and marry these people?

well, I dated two Nigerian girls before I got married in America and had the opportunity to see how they roll - I hear their friends discuss and I see what they put Nigerian guys through - That is not enough to conclude you may say, but having heard the stories of most Nigerian guys first hand (not just what is on the internet, but people you actually know either as close friends, acquaintances, colleagues or church members) who traveled that path and got scre wed in the process, one is tempted to generalize - when the preponderance of the numbers of victims who cry out in regret are significantly more than those who pretend that all is well

An American girl is not swayed by you attending Harvard or having a 6 figure job - or you looking a certain way or what their parents think about you. IF you guys click - and you act right in the relationship (which is not really much) you can have a happy home even if you ride a 2002 Toyota Camry or 2021 Mercedez Benz 4matic =

NOT SO WITH THE NAIJA GIRL - my brother, you have to experience it to know it- Females are not angels but you can tell if an American girl is into you but a naija girl will fake it because you make 6 figures working at Exxon Mobil so what happens when there is downsizing and you now make a quarter of what you use to make? THE LOVE IS OVER AND THE DRAMA STARTS UNTIL SHE FVCKS UP YOUR LIFE - just pray she is not earning more than you - her friends and family will do you shege to your face until you lose your mind -

Just read what the OP said about - you must up your game, so what happens when adversity strikes? think about it

BE GUIDED OOOO - a word is enough for the wise!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by greypencils: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Funny! Right here in Nigeria, most girls I have dated have all of these same traits. So I can relate. The only issue I would have with many of these Nigerian- Americans is semi-nudity. Wearing bikinis, micro minis and flaunting boobs has always been an issue for me. Many Nigerian-American girls don't see this as a big deal but this is a big deal for me.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by cococandy(f): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol!

I recall always subconsciously identifying as Nigerian before British, it's only now that I 'remember' that I am technically British lol
Cool. I consider it important

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by smallsmall: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Hahaha- you harsh oo. But it's true, which naija man go get time table to share chores with who? Lol. Make 1 million go siddon joor.
If somebody wants to be a wife, let them be a wife. No be all these I can't cook and co

You said it all, with the bolded part of your post!
See ehn, l can cook more than my wife sef because l was raised cooking, by my Mum, right from when l was taller than the Stove! grin
And l just dont dump and mix ingredients, l have delved into the "Science of why some food taste better than others" and believe me, as good as my wife can cook, she admits that eating what l cook occassionally, makes her day!

But God forbid she says to me "If you can cook yourself, then you are not eating in this house" or l wake up and say to her "You have to add your own half to Children's Tuition".

We both have our roles in that house but th eother person can assist in your role, strictly by Choice.
I cook anytime l want to or have the time and l enjoy doing it during those times. As a DIY person, l like doing house chores (I can practically repair anything in the house, though l spoiled a few in the process, during my learning curve grin ) but it will really, really break the relationship if my wife ever insists l do something in the house! The operative word here is "INSISTS".

What l have come to understand is that the Women that enjoy marriage, are not necessarily th eones that have chains of degrees or earn $500,000 or have very long nails with tatoos all over their body, they are the women who know how to allow their husband take care of them, without insisting or pushing it as A DUTY.
If you love a woman/wife, you will do anything for her but how can you love a woman who has turned herself into a COMPETITOR in the family home?
E nor dey work o. undecided

33 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by cococandy(f): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin cheesy

Don’t dispute their “knowledge”. Just roll with it.
Doesn’t it amuse you? Why you wanna ruin the fun?
ovie8200:
Thanks for sharing such a remarkable post. You tried but in my opinion, you should have left it to those ignorance who always think Nigeria abroad washes toilet, plates, or clean street to make a living. I myself came when I was young with my five siblings but before then, my parents already had 3 more girls making us 8 in siblings. We are successful in doctors, nurses, and other areas in health fields. My mom is a nurse too while my dad is just a recent NYC worker retiree. I and my siblings all came to Nigeria to marry and my wife, my brother's wives and my sisters husband are doing well too making over $120k in different tech companies and health care fields. So many Nigerians I know are highly successful. It's very shameful when some people who they probably denied visas will be talking out of ignorance that Nigerians abroad don't have career or clean street, wash plate or other things because of anger. It's like someone saying that many of our parents who are successful, owe properties in the USA and still owe numerous properties in Nigeria and still took their children to the USA to have nothing successful doing. That's very disrespectful. My question is how are my parents, for example, was able to achieve all this if they only making minimum wages cleaning the streets, plates, or toilet as someone code hearted people always say? Am not saying all Nigerians here or in other countries are successful, but the majority are. For anyone to say that Nigerians abroad do cleaning, then maybe that's what your parents or friends or you individual who refused to go to school and study something that will flesh you a good job. Thank you for the post and may God bless you.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by madridsta007(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Those ones born and bred in UK are madder grin cheesy

grin
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by B2B5000: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
There is nothing really interesting about dating Nigerian-American women. Most Nigerian-American girls are unmarried. This is because most Nigerian-American boys are not checking for them. Go to Houston, Maryland, Atlanta, and other cities. The number of unmarried Nigerian American girls could fill warehouses. The first reason is that when they are in the States they act American and most Nigerian men are looking for traditional but modern Nigerian wives. When the traditional Nigerian wife becomes western then there is no longer an incentive. Due to this reason, more and more Nigerian men are marrying white girls, successful girls of other nationalities and ethnicities. Do you know that joke in Naija that all the fine Naija girls outside Naija are in London? Well, it's not a joke. Most of the really fine Nigerian girls outside Nigeria are in the UK and Canada. There is also stiff competition from girls of other African nationalities. Most Nigerian-American girls cannot hold a candle next to Ethiopian, Somali, South African, Egyptian, and Rwandan women. These women are also well educated and very successful. Nigerian women in Nigeria are even finer than the Nigerian-American contingent. But to be fair there are a few exceptions which are far and few between.

We all know that there are a large number of Nigerian American girls who have relocated to Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Abuja. We also know that they are moving from relationship to relationship. When Naija boys get close to them they are easily demystified. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. My advice is that if she doesn't play her role or tries to give you BS about how she is not your cook slave? Get rid of her and replace her with someone who plays her position better. Please look below at their competition. These are women who like Nigerian boys.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Ayasayas(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
I need there contact so I can contact them for dating.
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by falopey: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
I no fit carry in-law (entire wife’s family) matter for head as Nigerian culture dictates. For that reason alone, I cannot marry Nigerian American girl. American all the way!

4 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by madridsta007(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ramos16:
god damn, what is the purpose of this article for the love of God.

Like, what were you thinking when you wrote it, what does all this even mean.

This is just f^ckn ridiculous.

LOL.
When you go to the States and see many unmarried males and females, you will understand the purpose of the article. The males in the States are unwilling and unready to get married and when the few are ready, they opt for (1) White and Latino (2) Travelling to Nigeria to marry a Nigerian based lady and (3) marry an African who is non-Nigerian.

Posts as this are necessary. I just wish the OP and others can be blunt and call out the issues about these ladies— their terrible, arrogant, psuedo-feminist character. If we are honest and blunt about Nigerian males, we should be, we should be honest and blunt about the females.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Admitwithschola: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
ogbonti:

well, I dated two Nigerian girls before I got married in America and had the opportunity to see how they roll - I hear their friends discuss and I see what they put Nigerian guys through - That is not enough to conclude you may say, but having heard the stories of most Nigerian guys first hand (not just what is on the internet, but people you actually know either as close friends, acquaintances, colleagues or church members) who traveled that path and got scre wed in the process, one is tempted to generalize - when the preponderance of the numbers of victims who cry out in regret are significantly more than those who pretend that all is well

An American girl is not swayed by you attending Harvard or having a 6 figure job - or you looking a certain way or what their parents think about you. IF you guys click - and you act right in the relationship (which is not really much) you can have a happy home even if you ride a 2002 Toyota Camry or 2021 Mercedez Benz 4matic =

NOT SO WITH THE NAIJA GIRL - my brother, you have to experience it to know it- Females are not angels but you can tell if an American girl is into you but a naija girl will fake it because you make 6 figures working at Exxon Mobil so what happens when there is downsizing and you now make a quarter of what you use to make? THE LOVE IS OVER AND THE DRAMA STARTS UNTIL SHE FVCKS UP YOUR LIFE - just pray she is not earning more than you - her friends and family will do you shege to your face until you lose your mind -

Just read what the OP said about - you must up your game, so what happens when adversity strikes? think about it

BE GUIDED OOOO - a word is enough for the wise!
My brother, thanks for sharing your perspective. This is strange.

8 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by donprinyo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Oyibo babes are the bae.
Check my signature for comfortable investment. Or whatsapp me on 08071114671
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
smallsmall:

You said it all, with the bolded part of your post!
See ehn, l can cook more than my wife sef because l was raised cooking, by my Mum, right from when l was taller than the Stove! grin
And l just dont dump and mix ingredients, l have delved into the "Science of why some food taste better than others" and believe me, as good as my wife can cook, she admits that eating what l cook occassionally, makes her day!

But God forbid she says to me "If you can cook yourself, then you are not eating in this house" or l wake up and say to her "You have to add your own half to Children's Tuition".

We both have our roles in that house but th eother person can assist in your role, strictly by Choice.
I cook anytime l want to or have the time and l enjoy doing it during those times. As a DIY person, l like doing house chores (I can practically repair anything in the house, though l spoiled a few in the process, during my learning curve grin ) but it will really, really break the relationship if my wife ever insists l do something in the house! The operative word here is "INSISTS".

What l have come to understand is that the Women that enjoy marriage, are not necessarily th eones that have chains of degrees or earn $500,000 or have very long nails with tatoos all over their body, they are the women who know how to allow their husband take care of them, without insisting or pushing it as A DUTY.
If you love a woman/wife, you will do anything for her but how can you love a woman who has turned herself into a COMPETITOR in the family home?
E nor dey work o. undecided

Lol. Who is fighting with you?

Your mentality tho...
Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by teemotee: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
airsaylongcom:
Spoilt everything by saying they are more Nigerian than us.

If you know what it is to be a Nigerian living in Nigeria you'd never ever say someone living anywhere abroad is more Nigerian.

Can a Nigerian American wear a mask previously used by someone because he cannot afford to buy his own? Can they drive on barely tarred roads and become theoretical mechanics able detect fault by sound?
being Nigerian is now synonymous with poverty

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States by smallsmall: 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
GreenKalada:
Very true. They are indeed very arrogant to a certain extent. I'm actually dating one and she is a doctor in the US. Hmm her wahala too much. Too damn independent for my liking but I still want to marry her coz she will be an asset to me

Eeyah, l pity you from long distance.....and l dont mean that in a bad way so, PLEASE dont take offense.
See, it will feel good for the first two or three years, hearing that your wife is a Doctor and you can rase your shoulder and flaunt it.

But your post tells me you have an issue with arrogant women and this woman has shown you "signs" ..........that you willingly decide to ignore.
Trust me, a time comes in a man's life when he can ressist being himself.
When you hit that point in your life, your wife's behaviour, which you are deciding to overlook now (for your own selfish reasons), will be your greatest undoing.
Marriage breakup in Western countries, especially America, is what is destroying the black race, faster than any racism or Police brutality.

Even those who did not see it coming, are regretting the kind of woman you describe, how much more someone like you who saw it.
I really pity your enemy, it looks like you are about to make your enemies rejoice because by the time your marriage wahala starts, you will remember this post and wish you hearkened to the 'anonnymous voice of reason'.

I wish you well and can only pray for you. undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What's Your Thought On Tall Girls Getting Married To Tall Guys? / Sex Tips: How To Lose Your Virginity Without Pain (girls) / Did The Boobs Disappear? - Media React To Lady's Transformation Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.