Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,563 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (70493 Views)

Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone / What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? / Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Zenithpeak(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

Its a relatively new sim, can I destroy it
I don't want Trouble

The sim is now registered on your name, so, anything happening on that sim card passes through name therefore, destroying it wouldn't change anything.

Write a formal letter to mtn, maybe through your legal adviser if you can afford it. instruct them to deregister your name from that sim.... You'll state your reasons and remind them of the legal implications that may ensure if they refused to treat your matter as urgent as possible.

That's the only way you can absolve yourself from any unfortunate crime story that may be uncovered in the future.

Remember the travails of the guy that bought Buhari's daughter former sim card and borrow wisdom.

7 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by FuckUsername: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

For your own good, take it to any MTN office..

That number belonged to someone else and MTN probably sold it because the person did not use it for 6 months
nothing will happen to him.
same sim was relocated to me and I used it a lotta times to load airtime via the person's account
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by FuckUsername: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
bigdammyj:
Please report to any nearby Access Bank or take it back to MTN to avoid story that touch

opera1:
E gun gun be careful na express u dey go.....
To avoid follow come DSS wahala, pls take the sim to ur nearest MTN office.
what kind of stories that touch?
stop putting fear into the Guy's heart.
Same sim was relocated to me once and I used it to load airtime via the person's account

1 Like

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by 21savages: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
Pls guys wen is closure date for npower reg, I never reg
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Dynamiceagle(f): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
It happen to a friend of mine also, he had to get the person's name from the alert and true caller, then found the person on Facebook, he explained to the person and told him that he should go to his bank to change his alert details, of which he did, the owner of the SIM was really grateful because the alert figures were close to 7 digits, please see if you could get the person on Facebook and tell him/her to change the alert details.

8 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Rapsowdee01(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
udy4real:
I also recently started receiving bank alerts from FCMB and I don't have any account with them,well I didn't bother myself I just ignored it,do you guys mean it might be dangerous for me to have ignored it?

YES! The only thing that migh vindicate you is if the account owner is dead
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by udy4real(m): 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

YES! The only thing that migh vindicate you is if the account owner is dead
Jesu but I have been using that number for over 5 years
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by obonujoker(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
Is your number

08082437148??
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by greenskittles: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

I don't want Trouble
Did you register it? If yes, take it to the MTN office.
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Oxtertee(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
That's surely a recycled ♻ line.
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by chudez0147(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help
I keep receiving bank alerts from access bank in the new mtn sim I bought even though I have no access bank account.
The names attached to the alerts are also different and strange
I don't know where this is coming from, should I destroy the sim and get another?

My friend said I should tell you to keep recharging your line , as in buy airtime till the person head correct.... But I won't advise that
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by rolams(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
Somebody has used the SIM before. He/she has not updated his/her account with the bank. Just make sure you properly register the SIM.

2 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by dalass(f): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
MTN! grin

But somebody linked his/ her no to an account. Lost it and left it like that? That person mumu oh.

OP/before police co.e.around to reason your matter and rope you into case... Quickly go back to MTN and report it.

1 Like

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Kobicove(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
I think a SIM used by another person and attached to his bank account was reallocated to you undecided
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Jametola: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kindly contact the customer care via phone, email or social media of the bank you are receiving alert, the account number linked the the phone number will be traced and the Transaction Notification Setup (TNS) will be deactivated and as well the RM (Account Officer) will be informed to let the account holder update his phone number.

1 Like

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by dinoplus: 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
You've just been sold someone else's SIM. Can you recall Buhari's daughter SIM card saga? grin

You can get a new SIM if you're not comfortable with the kinda alerts you receive. Your money long shaa grin

The thread in my siignature is saying something.
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by nedekid: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
FuckUsername:

what kind of stories that touch?
stop putting fear into the Guy's heart.
Same sim was relocated to me once and I used it to load airtime via the person's account
Egungu be careful na express you de go..
Guess out of ignorance you don't know the wahala you are joking with.
Its not usually ordinary police involved in such issues but dss, irt etc.

2 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by dallyemmy: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
......return am back quick quick to MTN before dss go begin dey fine u...
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by ednut1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
sweettease:
So weird... since it is a new sim and you're probably not attached to it, ditch it and get a new one before you will start telling stories that touch. If you're attached to it, you can try calling access bank and mtn to resolve the issue.
his biometrics must have been linked to the sim. To avoid dss wahala he needs to go to mtn or the bank o. In case of gobe one would have used 4 weeks in detention before they start listening to your explanations.

2 Likes

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by ruggedtimi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help
I keep receiving bank alerts from access bank in the new mtn sim I bought even though I have no access bank account.
I don't know where this is coming from, should I destroy the sim and get another?

you can buy airtime from those acct
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by ojabel(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

Bro, I have been using the sim for a few month now and I have made no such attempt.
I has removed the sim from my phone.
I will leave it and forget all about it

Don't forget that you registered the sim in your name. Ensure you do the right thing now to avoid story in near future.

1 Like

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by ruggedtimi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
2cribz:
Find way take hack the aza na. Make u dey collect the owoe direct
you dey mind am
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by directonpc(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
chatinent:

Bro believe me, anyone who has access to that SIM will suckle it empty, whether MTN or Access Bank.
even the police or NDDC
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by money121(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ok
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Sicilyjoe: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Poster what type of alerts u are receiving, debit or credit alerts ?
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Peace081: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:

I don't want Trouble
My sister run away from trouble oo, destroy it before it will destroy you
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by proxillin(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
They sold my number because I didnt use it for 2 months. Now firstbank, AIICOpension, DSTV will be bombarding the owner with my alerts.

tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What NCC is doing is stupid

1 Like

Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Makavelli25: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
Emmypure:
the same thing happened to me with my previous MTN sim, I am receiving account maintenance debits from first bank, and the account have a balance of 2.9 million, but it look like it is an abandoned account, and I received call from people calling me jude, and asking me where I was, why did I abscond etc, I was tired and destroyed the Sim.
Good one bro.
Re: I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim by Zyxzzzz: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
MegaPlayBoy:
Hello guys, I need help

relax it's normal probably the SIM you bought someone was already using it go their office...

Same thing also happened to me bought new glo SIM was receiving different strange call.

I go pick call Dem go dy call me adamu zo mana...

Or someone probably mistakenly uses Ur number as his/her bank alert... Maybe he or she misses 1or2 digits

Go to mtn office or the bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Awake Someone Somewhere Is Monitoring Your Calls. Photo Proof / Infinix Zero Complaint Thread / FCMB Staff Dies Using Phone's Torch To Operate Generator (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.