Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? (21776 Views)

Faithful Men: What Keeps You From Cheating? / Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Cheating (Part 2) / Lady Prints Her Photo On Her Boyfriend's Boxers To Prevent Him From Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Minsk24: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
The moment we realize that lust is a natural phenomenon which is a response of our body system, that's when we will stop attaching so much importance to Love and Relationships...
You can Love someone but it doesn't mean u can't lust after someone else... Its natural and depends on your self-control....it definitely will hurt your partner but it is nature. The main Keyword here is self control...
You can Love and still cheat just to satisfy your natural urge..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Dogi1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love alone can not stop you from cheating, it's all
about self descepline.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Pavore9: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
Minsk24:
The moment we realize that lust is a natural phenomenon which is a response of our body system, that's when we will stop attaching so much importance to Love and Relationships...
You can Love someone but it doesn't mean u can't lust after someone else... Its natural and depends on your self-control....it definitely will hurt your partner but it is nature. The main Keyword here is self control...
You can Love and still cheat just to satisfy your natural urge..

If your wife cheats on you, will you still be convinced she still loves you?

4 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by jaxxy(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
Funny enough, I have heard people especially married men say they love their wives but they have side chics. I begin to wonder what power does love has towards infidelity?

Does it mean one can hurt the person he/she loves intentionally and still profess love for that person?

You reading this should ask yourself when you cheated (if you have), were you still in love with your partner?

If yes, then what is this LOVE we are talking about if it involves hurting the one we love? smiley

Does it mean we love verbally and not practically, or Love is not enough to stop one from cheating?

Love ke It take personal self discipline. Obviously u must love u partner 1st of all cos without that u won’t even want to consider the idea of not cheating. Bt once u decide not to cheat the rest is up to ur self discipline and commitment level.

I wud like personality, preference, belief and habit also comes into play. Sm guys personally don’t like or enjoy cheating and sm find it interesting and a hobby or even sport to sample anything that comes their way even when in a relationship or marriage. undecided
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by anochuko01(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
Forget Love. It's only the spirit of God that curb us jaree.

Partners can only reduce the tendencies by continuously providing spicies and encouragement to one another.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Diligence4life: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
U don't know what love means. What u said is lust. U can deceive yourself if u want.
2dice01:
Love is never enough

Most people have what tickle their fantasy so when they eventual see someone that ticks all the boxes

It takes more than love to pass such test especially in this modern age
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nn3muka(f): 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imagine being in love with a man and not cheating on him. I think he should understand that women are polygamous and can cheat easily that doesn't mean she does not love you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by NwaliE01: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hence people engage in sexual act without being in love with the person. Love alone is not enough to stop cheating partner.
Love and self control together is what is required.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Coronavirus1: 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love not enough present day men love their wives so much they stick with one. our fathers grandparents marry more than one even 6 so cheating is very difficult in this case .But when a man have just one wife he most find alternative outside cheating doesn't mean a man don't love his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
Funny enough, I have heard people especially married men say they love their wives but they have side chics. I begin to wonder what power does love has towards infidelity?

Does it mean one can hurt the person he/she loves intentionally and still profess love for that person?

You reading this should ask yourself when you cheated (if you have), were you still in love with your partner?

If yes, then what is this LOVE we are talking about if it involves hurting the one we love? smiley

Does it mean we love verbally and not practically, or Love is not enough to stop one from cheating?
How is he hurting the person he loves? Does the wife know he is cheating?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by DexterousOne(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
What we call love most times isn't love, most people are in a relationship because of societal pressure, mutual benefits, religious belief.....etc
Love is enough to stop you from cheating, when you truly love someone you try as much as possible to avoid hurting them.

Well said

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Angelacruz: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Am wow by ur comment.More wisdom
dulux07:
What we call love most times isn't love, most people are in a relationship because of societal pressure, mutual benefits, religious belief.....etc
Love is enough to stop you from cheating, when you truly love someone you try as much as possible to avoid hurting them.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by frozen70(f): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

Love is absolutely enough to prevent one form cheating especially women

But for men, they are serial cheaters and can love their wives and love their girlfriend and still have a lover

I don't know why they where wired so

They just don't want to stay one place

Yet don't want a woman to do same as if they don't like varieties
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Ibrahiimo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Coronavirus1:
Love not enough present day men love their wives so much they stick with one. our fathers grandparents marry more than one even 6 so cheating is very difficult in this case .But when a man have just one wife he most find alternative outside cheating doesn't mean a man don't love his wife.
Okay!

We don hear!!

NEXT!!!
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
for Nigerian men, NO.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
The reason for cheating? When you find another more appealing, attractive, caring, richer, and so on e. t. c than your lover. What do u do?

The decision u make will determine if u will end up cheating or not.

The thing most people fail to realize is that u will always come across people that are far better than our significant other in at least 2 or 3 aspects as we journey through life.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
na2016:

That is not true.
It is completely true
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Majority still dont understand the true meaning of the word "love" and until they do, couples will continue to cheat and hurt each other.

Love is not lust.
Love does not hurt
Love protects
Love sacrifices
Love is self-denying
Love is determination
Love is commitment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by jornwhite: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

Do you think this is possible?

Love aids selection & fosters commitment from partners buh what decides or stop partners from cheating solely depends on "Personality" its sustainable when you stop sumtins because of yourself than for someone. my opinion tho !
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by eyinjuege: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love is intentional
So is cheating.
People cheat because they want to, and they can.

3 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Ibrahiimo(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Brachaa:
Majority still dont understand the true meaning of the word "love" and until they do, couples will continue to cheat and hurt each other.

Love is not lust.
Love does not hurt
Love protects
Love sacrifices
Love is self-denying
Love is determination
Love is commitment.

Okay!

Love is blind!!

NEXT!!!
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by simplesearch: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
what is predominant in our generation is lust not love, real love and commitment goes hand in hand. You can't love someone and deliberately hurt their feelings while still making it look like it's for their own good. This nonsense called side chic and other extramarital nomenclature will send all those involve to the pit of hell, it's a deviation from God's plan for the family.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Basic123: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
This a lie, fallacy and delusion

He will cheat.If he loves her he will hide it.If he doesn't he will do it to her face and tell her to go to hell!

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Ibrahiimo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
simplesearch:
what is predominant in our generation is lust not love, real love and commitment goes hand in hand. You can't love someone and deliberately hurt their feelings while still making it look like it's for their own good. This nonsense called side chic and other extramarital nomenclature will send all those involve to the pit of hell, it's a deviation from God's plan for the family.
Okay!

Somehow True!!

NEXT!!
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Gabe427: 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
there are few basics people need to get....

I don't need love to know killing someone is acceptable.... no matter how the person irks me I can that my human nature kicking in...the minute that side of me dies that all I would harm a fellow and won't flinch...

same with cheating it not about thing wrappers and cheap compliment ... it just mindset I won't cheat ...not because you would stay beautiful but because that what I signed up for by marrying you you...

if people can't get this right then boom they shouldn't claim love not to talk more of marriage

3 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Hahjascho(m): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Not just love, but real love. What then is real love? God is real love, not these lusts and fantasy people claim all around. Them no dey last.

I dey talk am say, na only fear of God fil keep man. Nothing else.

All the attributes of God is real love. God is love.

Modified
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Victor08032(m): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Godly love is 100% fidelity which we can believes as an agape love, this love we are talking about makes couple feels same blood not intensity of being hurt each other, THIS IS OLD TIME LOVE OUR FATHER'S IN THE AGES PAST
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by 2dice01: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Diligence4life:

[color=#000099][/color]
U don't know what love means. What u said is lust. U can deceive yourself if u want.
Oya lecture us what love is Sir
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by HOSTCOM(m): 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
politicsng:
It's self discipline that can stop you

EXACTLY.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Moneymagnet24(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
Who said smoking is bad? The funny thing in this world is the way you perceive a smoker is the same way he perceives you. You need to draw the line between right or wrong in your soul. It's a crazy world yunno.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Why First Love Is Always Special / It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.