Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? (21774 Views)

Faithful Men: What Keeps You From Cheating? / Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Cheating (Part 2) / Lady Prints Her Photo On Her Boyfriend's Boxers To Prevent Him From Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
What we call love most times isn't love, most people are in a relationship because of societal pressure, mutual benefits, religious belief.....etc
Love is enough to stop you from cheating, when you truly love someone you try as much as possible to avoid hurting them.
God Bless you for this

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
sylve11:
Not all, I actually met an Igbo man in Lagos some years ago. He told me that since he got married to his wife for over 47 years,; he has never cheated on the wife.

Whenever there's misunderstanding, they make sure the children aren't aware. They settle it in their room.

That's true love.

My shock absorber almost burst. 47 years! shocked cool
I'm telling you, not embarrassing the man or woman in front of ChilDRen
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by henryvirus(m): 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Please I'm a Corp member serving in Lagos.
I'm in need of a PPA in Ikorodu and it's environs.
I studied Law but I'd prefer to work in other establishments asides a Law firm. I'm proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Software troubleshooting and diagnosis, and quite versatile enough to adapt to any duty. Thanks.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nkorian(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
I have heard people, especially married men and some ladies saying, they love their wives or guys but they have side chic's or guys out there.
Then, I begin to wonder what power does love has toward infidelity?
Does it mean, one can hurt the person he/she love intentionally and still profess love to that same person?
When a man and his wife; a guy and his babe do love themselves without cheating, we will definitely have a better society to live in, but reverse is the case
TRUE LOVE DON'T HURT

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
dirtycoin:
Love and infidelity do not go hand in hand.

Those who cheat on their partners do not truly love them.
another thing that prevents me from Cheating is RePutation. Also, permit to go the Christian route, when you love Jesus so much, you do not want to offend him by breaking apart what he's joined together

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Napheesa2(f): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
1miccza:
You are so on pointe...

Honestly , to the best of my knowledge the ''i love my wife line'' is just at the lips and nothing else, but again a philanderer is always a philanderer and a cheat always a cheat. grin grin I have come to realize that cheating has to do with our mindset and beliefs.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by ruffkenny: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
When u love someone genuinely,you can not cheat on them,men lack self control and discipline when they are in a relationship or marriage with someone they feel lust, infatuation or attraction for,hence they cheat,because true love will make you never to cheat,if u ever cheat,then u never loved her simple...
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Moscodee1990(m): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
True love does
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

a person who cheats on his partner certainly doesnt LOVE that person... because if they did they wouldnt knowingly hurt that person, nor their r/ship. duh! sadly, many clueless people out there are quick to talk about love while having NO DAMN CLUE about what it means!

Sorry to ask.
How old are you?
Have you ever fallen in love before to the extent u see open Toto you no bleep?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Jewel1515(f): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love stops you from cheating. It doesn't stop you from noticing the beauty of people asides your partner but the love you have for your partner keeps you contented.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
another thing that prevents me from Cheating is RePutation. Also, permit to go the Christian route, when you love Jesus so much, you do not want to offend him by breaking apart what he's joined together

You said it all? Not love
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by simtosul: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
Cheating is a personal decision, some people will never cheat no matter how bad it is, some people will never cheat no matter how good it is.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Tatashi: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
I laugh at all these demonic replies. There is absolutely no way you can welcome the Holy Spirit into your home and still feel the need to cheat on your spouse. A good number of you do not know what it is to have God in a relationship. Continue cheating until ua faced to give account of your life on the last day and you put the blame on your libido
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
authority2006:

Even if a man marries because of the factors you listed above, he still needs to be with someone he loves. Otherwise, the relationship won't last at all.

BTW: are you married or you're just a theorist?

I have never see a person I can't cheat on...
I wish I find ...
I thinking I have never been in love?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dirtycoin(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:

The primary reason that should deter one from cheating is because he/she truly loves his/her partner.

Reputation and one's belief comes secondary.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Minsk24:
The moment we realize that lust is a natural phenomenon which is a response of our body system, that's when we will stop attaching so much importance to Love and Relationships...
You can Love someone but it doesn't mean u can't lust after someone else... Its natural and depends on your self-control....it definitely will hurt your partner but it is nature. The main Keyword here is self control...
You can Love and still cheat just to satisfy your natural urge..

I agree with you,especially when the other partner is not around

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
Pavore9:

If your wife cheats on you, will you still be convinced she still loves you?

Yap

I will look for what caused her to cheats
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
I remember when I was in a relationship with a girl some years back.we do have sex regularly, I never for once cheat on her till I left for service,I try to hold myslef for a year,after a year I can't hold it again,I have to start cheating not knowing the girl too is now following another guy...
And,if you ask me the girl is the girl that I know he love me most in all the girls I have ever dated
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Paramount01(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
Victor08032:
Godly love is 100% fidelity which we can believes as an agape love, this love we are talking about makes couple feels same blood not intensity of being hurt each other, THIS IS OLD TIME LOVE OUR FATHER'S IN THE AGES PAST

Thank God,it did not exist in this generation again
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
It sud be but dis days it doesn't mean shit
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by xynerise: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
See, most of you talking about Christian love should just keep religion aside. There are atheists and other religions who don't cheat in their marriage and there are also "Christians" even pastors who cheat on their spouses.

Don't get it twisted
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Casemiro(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Oluromantic:
When the sizzle fizzles, cheating tendencies set in. Familiarity is a major problem in marriages. Dying fantasies, tying wrapper around the home, absence of breastfeeder bras during nursing causing heavyweight slam down of the boobs, absence of romantic compliments, etc. The love would be there, but doesn't hinder cleverly concealed cheating.

breastfeeding is the best, especially exclusive breastfeeding for at least the first 6 months after giving birth.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-benefits-of-breastfeeding#24
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
dirtycoin:

The primary reason that should deter one from cheating is because he/she truly loves his/her partner.

Reputation and one's belief comes secondary.
OKay, thanks for correcting me. We learn everyday
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
kumulus:

Not just marriages, love is seemingly non-existent in the world we live in today. For he who shall love the other, first must have loved himself. How then does he say he loves the other when he hasn't loved himself since he has no grounded knowledge of himself?!

"Man, know thyself" - Trismegistus

-Lloyd
son of Hermes.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Jacuzzi55(f): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
what of those in polygamous family?
where husband will have 4wives and he will profess love for all of them.
I think cheating is not a man stuffs
men are serial lover
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Palladium007: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
You can't hurt someone you love love does not hurt, Love is God, .if I say I love you and hurt you,I don't love you. The world is suffering because they can't love. What we have most in the world is lust. Love is the greatest
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Palladium007: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
Jacuzzi55:
what of those in polygamous family?
where husband will have 4wives and he will profess love for all of them
I think cheating is not a man stuffs

That is lust
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Jacuzzi55(f): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Palladium007:

That is lust
western people gave you the meaning
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dirtycoin(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:
OKay, thanks for correcting me. We learn everyday

You are welcome, Sir.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by nymphomaniac(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
Self disciple and respect is what makes a man a decent man who will not cheat. Love takes a back seat when these two exist.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Spaxon(f): 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love is overrated
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Sixfeetbelle: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
Funny enough, I have heard people especially married men say they love their wives but they have side chics. I begin to wonder what power does love has towards infidelity?

Does it mean one can hurt the person he/she loves intentionally and still profess love for that person?

You reading this should ask yourself when you cheated (if you have), were you still in love with your partner?

If yes, then what is this LOVE we are talking about if it involves hurting the one we love? smiley

Does it mean we love verbally and not practically, or Love is not enough to stop one from cheating?

I think it has to do with satisfaction. Personal satisfaction is when you believe and have assurance that you're content with your life and where you are in life and with this contentment, when you get married to someone you love, cheating will be the last thing you'll do.

The truth is that most people who cheat aren't that content with their life and see cheating as a means to give them the happiness they seek but it's only temporal so they keep going back because they think that's where their contentment lies. Otherwise, if a man says he's cheating cause wife is frigid in bed, why is it that don't have just one side chic?

In summary, love is enough when the spouse is content within themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Why First Love Is Always Special / It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.