Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? (21778 Views)

Faithful Men: What Keeps You From Cheating? / Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Cheating (Part 2) / Lady Prints Her Photo On Her Boyfriend's Boxers To Prevent Him From Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by 08100223984A: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Palladium007:
You can't hurt someone you love love does not hurt, Love is God, .if I say I love you and hurt you,I don't love you. The world is suffering because they can't love. What we have most in the world is lust. Love is the greatest
Sixfeetbelle:

I think it has to do with satisfaction. Personal satisfaction is when you believe and have assurance that you're content with your life and where you are in life and with this contentment, when you get married to someone you love, cheating will be the last thing you'll do.

The truth is that most people who cheat aren't that content with their life and see cheating as a means to give them the happiness they seek but it's only temporal so they keep going back because they think that's where their contentment lies. Otherwise, if a man says he's cheating cause wife is frigid in bed, why is it that don't have just one side chic?

In summary, love is enough when the spouse is content within themselves.
Sixfeetbelle:

I think it has to do with satisfaction. Personal satisfaction is when you believe and have assurance that you're content with your life and where you are in life and with this contentment, when you get married to someone you love, cheating will be the last thing you'll do.

The truth is that most people who cheat aren't that content with their life and see cheating as a means to give them the happiness they seek but it's only temporal so they keep going back because they think that's where their contentment lies. Otherwise, if a man says he's cheating cause wife is frigid in bed, why is it that don't have just one side chic?

Sixfeetbelle:

Sixfeetbelle:

Sixfeetbelle:

MOnkeyBabe:
I'm telling you, not embarrassing the man or woman in front of ChilDRen
MOnkeyBabe:
I'm telling you, not embarrassing the man or woman in front of ChilDRen
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Debauhaus1990(m): 11:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by petitejolie(f): 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
na2016:
NO
No
NO
ask me why and I will tell you my experience...
why
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:52am On Aug 11, 2020
Paramount01:
Sorry to ask.
How old are you?
Have you ever fallen in love before to the extent u see open Toto you no bleep?

i am old enough to walk away from toto FOR THE LOVE THAT I HAVE FOR MY WOMAN, yes... unless of course you believe that a man walks down the street and he suddenly stumble upon a toto wide open inviting him to come and fukc.... bwaaaaaaaaaah!

before a man is in the presence of a woman that will invite him to come and mount her, that means he has been around her, chatted her up, chased her, gone out with her, enticed her, put her in the mood for sex etc AND THATS NOT WHAT A MAN IN LOVE WOULD DO. the minute such woman approaches you, you would tell her: "no thanks, i have a loving woman at home that i love very much and wouldnt want to hurt/disrespect by even remotely being around you"

if you are willing and ready to fukc any toto you encounter then you sir dont love anybody but YOURSELF and SEX
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:03am On Aug 11, 2020
authority2006:
Leave? Just like that? It doesn't matter to you if two or five kids are already involved? Not that they quarrel or fight or something but a man needs to quit the marriage of many years if he has to cheat. That's funny

yes LEAVE as you certainly dont want to instill in your kids the wrong values in life (aka its ok to cheat on your partner for whatever reason).... the only thing you CAN do is leave and be happy for your kids, instead of staying and being miserable in marriage. if your partner is not right for you, then why would you even stay with her? why waste your life with that person, while crawling at the dead of night to cheat on them, like a rat? makes no damn sense (to me). find someone that you would love and cherish FULLY, and be done with wasting your life/time/energy with a no good woman.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2020
It a state of mind so don't go to that room it is dangerous
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Sirmuel1(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Moneymagnet24:
Who said smoking is bad? The funny thing in this world is the way you perceive a smoker is the same way he perceives you. You need to draw the line between right or wrong in your soul. It's a crazy world yunno.

Are you here with us? cheesy
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by authority2006(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

yes LEAVE as you certainly dont want to instill in your kids the wrong values in life (aka its ok to cheat on your partner for whatever reason).... the only thing you CAN do is leave and be happy for your kids, instead of staying and being miserable in marriage. if your partner is not right for you, then why would you even stay with her? why waste your life with that person, while crawling at the dead of night to cheat on them, like a rat? makes no damn sense (to me). find someone that you would love and cherish FULLY, and be done with wasting your life/time/energy with a no good woman .

It is funny how you conveniently associated cheating on the part of husband to "a no good woman". It didn't occur to you that a man who cheats might be doing so and it has nothing to do with his wife attitude, character or behaviour but just that he's a chronic cheater. Or, Vice versa.
It is even funny how you assumed that miserable marriages are the reasons why one partner cheats in marriages. You have over simplified the issue my friend
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by authority2006(m): 10:58am On Aug 11, 2020
Paramount01:

I have never see a person I can't cheat on...

That's why I'm of the opinion that love alone is not enough to prevent cheating. Self discipline is the most important thing.

I wish I find ...
I thinking I have never been in love?

Loves keeps one in marriage, but can't prevent cheating. Societal pressure and co can make one marry but won't be sufficient enough to keep one in it, divorce is inevitable
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by 08100223984A: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
authority2006:

That's why I'm of the opinion that love alone is not enough to prevent cheating. Self discipline is the most important thing.

Loves keeps one in marriage, but can't prevent cheating. Societal pressure and co can make one marry but won't be sufficient enough to keep one in it, divorce [quote author=authority2006 post=92694387]

Loves keeps one in marriage, but can't prevent cheating. Societal pressure and co can make one marry but won't be sufficient enough to keep one in it, divorce is inevitable

The Reason why men cheat their partner is because they where wrong in chosen the write one

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by tammie24: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
yourgistpartner:
Love is never enough. self discipline is key to stop cheating

let's take the smoking scenario for example; they know smoking is bad but they still do, not because they don't love themselves but because they can't discipline themselves appropriately
I hope you know some people don't love or care about themselves

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by authority2006(m): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2020
08100223984A:

The Reason why men cheat their partner is because they where wrong in chosen the right one

If you think marrying the "right one" will stop most men from cheating, you're joking. Cheating is in many men's blood, and love is not sufficient enough to prevent it.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by 08100223984A: 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2020
lastchild:
It's like asking if having a bottle of wine you love will stop you from drinking water, you may not want to drink water because of how you love your wine

but the truth is that when you become thirsty you must drink water because the wine alone can't quench your thirst

when a man and woman are married they have become one, his the wine and she is the water. I think cheating is the act lost.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by LaPresidente(m): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
Brachaa:
Majority still dont understand the true meaning of the word "love" and until they do, couples will continue to cheat and hurt each other.

Love is not lust.
Love does not hurt
Love protects
Love sacrifices
Love is self-denying
Love is determination
Love is commitment.

It's refreshing to see these kind of perspectives every now and then. Most couples today are using the world's definition and standard while expecting truly blissful homes.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
LaPresidente:

It's refreshing to see these kind of perspectives every now and then. Most couples today are using the world's definition and standard while expecting truly blissful homes.

True.
Lust is what 95% of marriages are built on. Even some Christian marriages. Reason any of little storm, they chicken out on each other.

True Love is deep.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45am On Aug 12, 2020
authority2006:
It is funny how you conveniently associated cheating on the part of husband to "a no good woman". It didn't occur to you that a man who cheats might be doing so and it has nothing to do with his wife attitude, character or behaviour but just that he's a chronic cheater. Or, Vice versa.
It is even funny how you assumed that miserable marriages are the reasons why one partner cheats in marriages. You have over simplified the issue my friend

if a man thinks he MUST cheat on his wife then obviously this woman hasnt got what this man desires, thus she is no good to him, and he should leave her rather than cheat on her YES!

if a man believe he MUST cheat on his wife then YES AGAIN that man is in a miserable marriage (with a partner who cant satisfy him) thus they need to part ways so that he can go and find the type of woman he desires in his life (instead of cheating)

i certainly did NOT write that if a man cheats is because of his wife attitude, but only because she doesnt have what this man desires... thus why stay with such woman? whether he is a chronic cheater or else is irrelevant to the subject at hand (unless you are the type of low self esteem insecure desperate women who gladly stay with men who have NO respect for them and treat them like garbage).... to each their own misery i guess!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / Know Us Better (Guys Edition) / Why First Love Is Always Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.