Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? (21758 Views)

Faithful Men: What Keeps You From Cheating? / Truth About Delta Tradition That Forbids Married Women From Cheating (Part 2) / Lady Prints Her Photo On Her Boyfriend's Boxers To Prevent Him From Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by IMO01: 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
sylve11:
Not all, I actually met an Igbo man in Lagos some years ago. He told me that since he got married to his wife for over 47 years,; he has never cheated on the wife.

Whenever there's misunderstanding, they make sure the children aren't aware. They settle it in their room.

That's true love.

My shock absorber almost burst. 47 years! shocked cool

It's common among men of that age. They are not like us
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by LastProphet: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
What we call love most times isn't love, most people are in a relationship because of societal pressure, mutual benefits, religious belief.....etc
Love is enough to stop you from cheating, when you truly love someone you try as much as possible to avoid hurting them.

You are still learning, you will understand

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Judybash93(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
What exactly is love?
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by DexterousOne(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Palema007:
Yes Love is enough. But in Africa, it doesn't exist.

True
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by 1miccza: 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

I guess Love doesn't exist in many marriages today.

The simple truth is people are merely satisfying their lust and fantasies.

When you truly love someone, you would never want to see that person hurt, you'll always look forward to being with that person.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
ArticleBeast:
Until you have no other option but to cheat.

there is no such thing as "no other option but to cheat"...the last option is to leave that person.

many will be quick to say that you can knowingly HURT/DISRESPECT your partner, HURT/DISRESPECT yourself and HURT/DISRESPECT the relationship you guys are in.... and you probably can, but that certainly hasnt got anything remotely associated with love. thats one of the most selfish thing to do.

a man is willing to be deceitful/dishonest/untrustworthy/unfaithful/hurtful and disrespectful to the woman he supposedly love, just because of some 30mins sex... and you actually believe that this is love, really?!

3 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by IMO01: 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
Judybash93:
What exactly is love?

Exactly what I wanted to type. Love is a just a meaningless word.

How do love form. If love is formed by companionship it simply means there is someone can always replace you or me.

What most people call love in marriage is not love but commitment.

I promise to be with forever is not love it's commitment

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dulux07(m): 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
yourgistpartner:
Love is never enough. self discipline is key to stop cheating

let's take the smoking scenario for example; they know smoking is bad but they still do, not because they don't love themselves but because they can't discipline themselves appropriately
Addiction is different from affection.
Self love is different from empathy.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Charly68: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
It takes self discipline and the grace of God to stop carnality
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by xynerise: 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
1miccza:

The simple truth is people are merely satisfying their lust and fantasies.

When you truly love someone, you would never want to see that person hurt, you'll always look forward to being with that person.

True, and it is funny when married men tell their side chics " I love my wife" grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Judybash93(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
IMO01:

Exactly what I wanted to type. Love is a just a meaningless word.

How do love form. If love is formed by companionship it simply means there is someone can always replace you or me.

What most people call love in marriage is not love but commitment.

I promise to be with forever is not love it's commitment

You nailed it
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Mart1994(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Money plays a huge role
You are wrong.

Have you heard of the footballer Josep Ilicic? He caught his wife cheating.

This guy is a footballer, and the last time I checked, footballers can afford just about anything in this world.

There are some ladies that will still cheat on you even if u give them the entire world. I think these sets of ladies are under a very powerful curse.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dulux07(m): 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
LastProphet:

You are still learning, you will understand
I hear you veteran. It's the fact!!! you can't manipulate the word because you think you are in love and still cheat.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by akigbemaru: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
2dice01:
Love is never enough

Most people have what tickle their fantasy so when they eventual see someone that ticks all the boxes

It takes more than love to pass such test especially in this modern age
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by salt1: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
eyinjuege:
Love is intentional
So is cheating.
People cheat because they want to, and they can.

100% in agreement with you!
Choosing to respect your body, your God and your spouse and children is intentional.
There's no one that's not tempted. Yielding to the temptation is a choice.

3 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dtrend(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
Funny enough, I have heard people especially married men say they love their wives but they have side chics. I begin to wonder what power does love has towards infidelity?

Does it mean one can hurt the person he/she loves intentionally and still profess love for that person?

You reading this should ask yourself when you cheated (if you have), were you still in love with your partner?

If yes, then what is this LOVE we are talking about if it involves hurting the one we love? smiley

Does it mean we love verbally and not practically, or Love is not enough to stop one from cheating?

My dear, love's not enough to prevent anyone from cheating, it takes only the fear of God.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
I guess Love doesn't exist in many marriages today.

sadly, many marry for the WRONG reasons:
- Arranged marriage
- marriage of convenience
- marriage to please family
- marriage to fit with the Joneses
- marriage because baba pastor says thats the one "god" chose for you
- marriage because of money
- marriage because of pregnancy
- marriage because of big nyansh/tittays
- yeyebrity marriage
- body clock (let me get married to any donkey) marriage

etc etc etc
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
What we call love most times isn't love, most people are in a relationship because of societal pressure, mutual benefits, religious belief.....etc
Love is enough to stop you from cheating, when you truly love someone you try as much as possible to avoid hurting them.

Love is not enough.

What is needed is self restrain or discipline.

You can love someone and still cheat on them.

There is something called compartmentalization.

You are able to compartmentalize your feelings. You love your wife, and only her alone. Whenever you meet another girl, you only want sex. You are not able to love them like you love your wife.

Men are more capable of compartmentalization than women.

Many women can develop feelings by having sex with another man. They place a lot of emphasis on sex, and they will only have sex with a man they love.

But a man can have sex with a woman without loving her. He go just wan chop and clean mouth.

If a typical married woman starts having sex out of wedlock, she may never love her husband as before.

If a typical married man starts having an affair out of wedlock, he may still love his wife strongly.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Peacefullove: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
jmoore:
Love is self-control. You can't claim to love when you lack self-control.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by monfizzy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
No to me. One woman ain’t enough to me. I succumb to beautiful women at ease and I admit that it’s impossible to stick to a woman. Simple and short.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by xynerise: 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, many marry for the WRONG reasons:
- Arranged marriage
- marriage of convenience
- marriage to please family
- marriage to fit with the Joneses
- marriage because baba pastor says thats the one "god" chose for you
- marriage because of money
- marriage because of pregnancy
- marriage because of big nyansh/tittays
- yeyebrity marriage
- body clock (let me get married to any donkey) marriage

etc etc etc

grin grin
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by plessis: 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love is a composition of several virtues (honesty, discipline, selflessness, forgiveness, patience, tolerance etc).
You have to have these virtues before you can actually love someone in the pure sense.

So, love is enough....

By love, I'm not talking about the nonsense Nigerians use as excuse to fornicate and exploit themselves. I'm talking about selflessness for the growth of your partner.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Johnson5258: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Let me talk from my own perspective, love is never enough to curtail infidelity but the fear of God. See, it's only a blind man that will not cheat whether directly or indirectly. Women need to know we have needs that has to be met, once you're not playing your part the other is sorting himself so please be committed to your marriage.

There's no day man will not see naked woman apart from his wife; when you turn to the left to to avoid the nude view on your right, it's another, to the front and even back, by the time you bow your head, omo na replay. So what we men need to surmount this is Godliness, Joseph had to run. It's not easy. Women, please make our environment conducive please, not to intimidate you but it's very necessary. Thanks.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Galactico4ever(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yes definitely, but then that kind of love is rare.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Larrywizzy423(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:
Funny enough, I have heard people especially married men say they love their wives but they have side chics. I begin to wonder what power does love has towards infidelity?

Does it mean one can hurt the person he/she loves intentionally and still profess love for that person?

You reading this should ask yourself when you cheated (if you have), were you still in love with your partner?

If yes, then what is this LOVE we are talking about if it involves hurting the one we love? smiley

Does it mean we love verbally and not practically, or Love is not enough to stop one from cheating?
Just like Love ain't enough to stop you from getting angry, it isn't enough to stop you from cheating. Love is like a child, born from two people coming together, how strong it grows to be depends on the foundation and how it's raised. So to answer the question, Yes love isn't enough to stop a person from cheating.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by ume1000: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

there is no love in the world all you see around you are lust an d obsession

But if you insist on love been on the earth
I did love to carry out a simple test

Q? Do you love someone
If yes
Q? Why do you love that person
If there is a reason for your love then it's not love but pure obsession cos the moment that reason seize to exist your love stops so its definitely not love because LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by dulux07(m): 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Love is not enough.

What is needed is self restrain or discipline.

You can love someone and still cheat on them.

There is something called compartmentalization.

You are able to compartmentalize your feelings. You love your wife, and only her alone. Whenever you meet another girl, you only want sex. You are not able to love them like you love your wife.

Men are more capable of compartmentalization than women.

Many women can develop feelings by having sex with another man. They place a lot of emphasis on sex, and they will only have sex with a man they love.

But a man can have sex with a woman without loving her. He go just wan chop and clean mouth.

If a typical married woman starts having sex out of wedlock, she may never love her husband as before

If a typical married man starts having an affair out of wedlock, he may still love his wife strongly.
No he doesn't, he only values his wife and sees her as major priority
You can't claim you love someone and you hurt them "intentionally". It's understandable when it happens unconsciously.
Its just like claiming someone is your best friend, and you are doing stuff that could hurt them behind their back. That is deceit.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by plessis: 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
[s]
frozen70:

Love is absolutely enough to prevent one form cheating especially women

But for men, they are serial cheaters and can love their wives and love their girlfriend and still have a lover

I don't know why they where wired so

They just don't want to stay one place

Yet don't want a woman to do same as if they don't like varieties
[/s]

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

Speak for your father and brothers.

Some of us have great respect for our bodies.

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by frozen70(f): 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
plessis:
[s][/s]

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

Speak for your father and brothers.

Some of us have great respect for our bodies.

In did
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by plessis: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
osalala:
Only the FEAR of GOD can prevent any spouse from cheating. Nothing more. Not even a Trillion metric tons of love
and what is God, if not love?

Is it not out of love that God created humans and everything?

Look, love is more than enough.

The problem is, most of us do not possess the prerequisites to love.

Love is a spiritual tool. A tool to discover more and more about yourself. A tool to grow.

You cannot just wake up one morning and try to love.
Its like sending a primary school pupil to the university to learn quantum physics.

Before you love, you must be sure you have tolerance, patience, endurance, self-control, discipline, honesty, patience, selflessness, forgiveness, humility etc...

Each of these virtues takes serious training before you can instill them in you.

Do you know know what you become when you have these virtues in you? You become the ideal human. You become like Christ. This is the purpose of Christianity.

What we practice in the name of boyfriend and girlfriend is not love. Its called cathexes....

1 Like

Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by Graphene(m): 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Love is hurt and hurt is loved.
When you love you hurt and when you hurt you don't love.
Hurt who you don't love and love who you won't hurt.
Love is love and hurt is loved when love is hurt.
Re: Is Love Enough To Stop One From Cheating? by IfeomaRash(f): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
dulux07:
Thank you SIR

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Sometimes Miss Your Ex (boyfriend Or Girlfriend) / How True Can This Be About Relationships? / It Is Okay For A Lady To Prepare Food For Her Boyfriend At Her Parent's Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.