Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? (13022 Views)

Poll: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason?

Yes: 7% (8 votes)
No: 63% (67 votes)
Sometimes: 28% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? / Will You Marry A Call Girl For Any Reason? / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by lordimpaq(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Now with all that being said-----WHY ARE YOU GUYS EVEN entertaining the mere thought of being PHYSICALLY ABUSIVE to the very woman that you vowed to love, cherish, PROTECT, and honor UNTIL DEATH DO YOU PART?

well the above only applies to married folks not unmarried folks.

unmarried folks can do what they like provided they know what they are doing,
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MrsChima(f): 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2011
The comment is applied to ANYBODY regardless if you are married or not.  If unmarried people can do what married people do then they need to take the vows too. 

If you going to eat the front part of the hamburger, you should be able to eat the back of the hamburger.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by lordimpaq(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The comment is applied to ANYBODY regardless if you are married or not.  If unmarried people can do what married people do then they need to take the vows too. 

well according to your own views that is,

there is no written rule to take the vows if you r unmarried.

every opinion counts just as yours
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Affalatus: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ikoyi Residence for Rent Two Bedroom Apartment Opposite Park-view Estate
Going for N700,000 you can pay for one year
At Mosley Street, Ikoyi
Call Thomas on: 08035883220
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MrsChima(f): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
lordimpaq:

well according to your own views that is,

there is no written rule to take the vows if you r unmarried.

every opinion counts just as yours

Pay attention DODO,

I did not say there is a written rule to take a vow if you are unmarried. I said IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHAT MARRIED PEOPLE DO THEN YOU SHOULD take the vows too. Nothing about rules, BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO BRING RULES IN the discussion. Unmarried people shouldn't be fucking.

Remember you BROUGHT RULE in it.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MyneWhite1(f): 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2011
Not right at all!
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by adminlo: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2011
all things being equal , there is no need whatsoever to hit a woman or anybody for that matter . but having said that. some women do warrant it on themselves by their behaviours or otherwise , likewise some men warranting it on themselves too for bahavioural reasons. I do believe that if we are all civil, courteous and polite to each other , there is no need for that.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by lordimpaq(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Pay attention DODO,

I did not say there is a written rule to take a vow if you are unmarried.  I said IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHAT MARRIED PEOPLE DO THEN YOU SHOULD take the vows too.  Nothing about rules, BUT SINCE YOU WANT TO BRING RULES IN the discussion.  Unmarried people shouldn't be bleeping.  

Remember you BROUGHT RULE in it.  

nope ur statement did not imply the above,

besides no one mentioned bleeping, u did,

so i would say that you brought the rule in.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by linsa01(m): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2011
Didn't tk my tym 2 go thru d thread buh let me jst say dt i slaped my gurl for d first tym in 3yrs relatnshp cos she cheated & she never denied it.
I'm one of d few guys who see beating an opposite sex as craziness but i jst cldn't help it last nyt.I knw its over btw us anyway.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2011
adamsrib:

If I roll up on my husband like a man trying to box, then I would fully expect him to handle the situation as a man who is being challenged, and fight back.  The minute I challenge or attack him on a physical level, I have stopped being his woman and have become his enemy.

The same goes for him, if he attacks me, he has stopped being my husband and will be dealt with like any other person who is threatening me.

My Dad taught me that when a man walks away from me, TO LET HIM GO! Don't go running after him, let him calm down, and let him approach you. Ladies please learn this. Allow him to get away from you if he is trying to escape. He is doing this to keep the situation from escalating. Be smart and let him
leave. I've seen a man lose it because he was trying to leave and she wouldn't let him. Dude just snapped and it was not pretty.

Being a woman does not give me the right to attack someone and expect no repercussions. If I were to attack someone on the street, I would face consequences.  I would expect that person to defend them self against me. Shouldn't the same apply in my home?

Physical fighting, slapping, hitting, or whatever that can cause physical harm does not belong in relationships unless it's consensual. (Some couples actually like beating up each other and dare anyone to intervene. Yeah its sick, but what can you do?)

Bottom line, Make love, not war!

May God Bless you so much.

From now on, I wold start stalking you all over the forum, I need your details.

You are too mcuh
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Emmagency(m): 8:55pm On Feb 19, 2011
It's never rite. Bt it's all out of anger
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MrsChima(f): 10:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
lordimpaq:

nope your statement did not imply the above,

besides no one mentioned bleeping, u did,

so i would say that you brought the rule in.

You sucks big time. You failed.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MrsChima(f): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2011
The bottom line is THERE IS NO REASON TO HIT ANYONE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN SELF DEFENSE. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. IF YOU WILL NOT HIT YOUR CHILDREN, WHY WOULD YOU HIT YOUR WOMAN OR YOUR MAN?

Case dismissed. Next!
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by VIO1(m): 12:11am On Feb 20, 2011
its never right for a guy to hit a woman no matter wat
guys lets try and control our emotions cos these girls are like breakables
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by WackyJ1(m): 12:46am On Feb 20, 2011
adamsrib:

If I roll up on my husband like a man trying to box, then I would fully expect him to handle the situation as a man who is being challenged, and fight back.  The minute I challenge or attack him on a physical level, I have stopped being his woman and have become his enemy.

The same goes for him, if he attacks me, he has stopped being my husband and will be dealt with like any other person who is threatening me.

My Dad taught me that when a man walks away from me, TO LET HIM GO! Don't go running after him, let him calm down, and let him approach you. Ladies please learn this. Allow him to get away from you if he is trying to escape. He is doing this to keep the situation from escalating. Be smart and let him
leave. I've seen a man lose it because he was trying to leave and she wouldn't let him. Dude just snapped and it was not pretty.

Being a woman does not give me the right to attack someone and expect no repercussions. If I were to attack someone on the street, I would face consequences. I would expect that person to defend them self against me. Shouldn't the same apply in my home?

Physical fighting, slapping, hitting, or whatever that can cause physical harm does not belong in relationships unless it's consensual. (Some couples actually like beating up each other and dare anyone to intervene. Yeah its sick, but what can you do?)

Bottom line, Make love, not war!
^^^ this kind of woman should never and will never be beaten or hit. She has said the truth. Damn all those karate women
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Abayomin70(m): 9:08am On Feb 20, 2011
is not ryt at all to beat a woman no mata wetin she do 4 u
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Sagamite(m): 11:12am On Feb 20, 2011
This girl deserves a very very very very good hit.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvKFXhRf68[/flash]

The guy that defended her does not deserve beating. That would be wrong.

He deserves mutiliation. He deserves the friends of the guy he assaulted to seek and hunt him down, lynch and torture him till the only thing he can eat to survive is liquids fed through a straw.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Phony200(m): 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2011
no no no. Absolutely no excuses!
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
Sagamite:

This girl deserves a very very very very good hit.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvKFXhRf68[/flash]

The guy that defended her does not deserve beating. That would be wrong.

He deserves mutiliation. He deserves the friends of the guy he assaulted to seek and hunt him down, lynch and torture him till the only thing he can eat to survive is liquids fed through a straw.

sagamite i think there was communication breakdown there that set looks like a movie take and that guy had not been told that he was going to slapped hence he responded
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

sagamite i think there was communication breakdown there that set looks like a movie take and that guy had not been told that he was going to slapped hence he responded

The set looks like a TV reality/game show.

I can't think of any reality/game show that will justify the presenter slapping a contestant out of anger.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by 190: 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2011
Sagamite

Good slap you got there

Good slap!!

In as much as i dont buy the idea of hiting a woman but

a woman who lays her hand on a man deserves never to be married

if she slaps you slap her double!!

a taste of their own medicine
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by insideview: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
No. Non-negotiable. Rather end the relationship than lash out.

but that's my take. Some relationships thrive on abuse. exceptions to every rule i guess.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
insideview:

No. Non-negotiable. Rather end the relationship than lash out.

Yep, I agree.

That is my position for any girlfriend/female friend/female relation. I would not hit back.

But if any random women I don't know or not close to hits me for whatever reason, I will return it nicely with aplomb.

That said, I will not condemn any guy whose preference is to retaliate if a girlfriend/female friend/female relation hits them. That is their own position. The women themselves should learn not to raise their hand to a guy if they do not want to be hit.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by ogbori(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2011
Its quite wrong to hit a lady angry. . . but ladies sometimes just choose to act funny

A lady adopted slapping the guy who brought her to UK (husband), just because the friends she met there do it too. Bearing in mind that she can divorce the guy if he replied the slap and end up with a very good percentage of his property. undecided But the problem was, she made it a usual dose.

A guy slapped his wife for struggling with him while driving, what good enough reason did she have to prompt an accident.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by MrsChima(f): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2011
If he was acting in self defense because he was attacked then COMMON SENSE will tell him to defend himself.

The poster is asking IS IT RIGHT TO HIT A WOMAN FOR ANY REASON implying that you can just walk up to a woman and hit her simply because you can.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by lordimpaq(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The bottom line is THERE IS NO REASON TO HIT ANYONE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN SELF DEFENSE.  IT IS THAT SIMPLE.  IF YOU WILL NOT HIT YOUR CHILDREN, WHY WOULD YOU HIT YOUR WOMAN OR YOUR MAN?  

Case dismissed.  Next!

thank u miss chima, sorry mrs  grin
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Brite02(m): 1:17am On Feb 21, 2011
@topic, in 9ja it z popular though itz nt gud. . .bt sum of dz 9ja gals luv beatin, infact dey blieve ya hittin dem z sign of hw lovin u r!
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by Oluwabee(f): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
i feel its nt ryt too bt wat do u to a case where d wife just doesnt see any reason to obey her husband 4 any tin and sees her husbands female friends as his bedmate. And because of dis suspicion d husband still avoids talkin to or holding 'long' conversations wit any female friend yet she still doesnt give d man anytin behind closed doors.

One day d man was on d edge & he doesnt wat 2 go 2 anoda woman outside begs d wife but dint bulge. D man tries to force her and guess wat d woman held d mans tin lyk she would snuff life out of it. I can imagine d pain. Wat would d man do?
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by roymary: 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2011
If there was true sexual equality, no one would care that you hit a woman. Feminism is lame.
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by ebila(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2011
Myne White:

Not right at all!
Hey Myne,didn't knw u were here.How u doin?
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by ebila(m): 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2011
@All,
The question was if it is right to hit a woman for any reason.Lots of responses said for no reason.Other ones said when the woman does something very terrible.Meanwhile,Mr.Chima who obviously hates the idea of a man raising his hand on a woman said it is only allowed if the man does so in self defense.Then if we go by that,then the bottomline is that a man can hit a woman sometimes,ain't it?
Re: Is It Right To Hit A Woman For Any Reason? by NNMUU(m): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2011
Yes its wrong to hit a lady
But you can shake her grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Interview With Kinginvahala, Photoshoot, Microflux,franchise21 & Eldaillest / Hot Man Photoshop His Picture Holding A Lady Br£ast In a Beach. PHOTOS / How To Help Saggy Breasts Look Firm (ladies Corner)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.