Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus (15610 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jehovah Witness Teaches That The Sins You Commit On Earth Doesn't Matter / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Barristter07:

"When buried, it is a physical body; when raised, it will be a spiritual body. There is, of course, a physical body, so there has to be a spiritual body" - 1Cor 15:44
Do you agree with the Bible Jesus have a spiritual body ?
When something is Spiritual, It is not physical , agree?

NO! NEVER!!
Since Jesus asked Thomas to stick his finger into the wounds in his fingers and side, it can't possibly be a spiritual body. Don't you know that the nail wounds were there, he was carrying it everywhere yet his disciples failed to recognize hims until he showed only Thomas? cheesy
My brother, these people are just hungry for food yet they want to accuse and complain about the cook, OK go and get better meals elsewhere, mba nu! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
shadeyinka:

The posts speak for themselves!

Check how many scriptures I've given you that you have a single defence against? None! All you can do is repeat what you've been spoonfed with by wolves in sheep skin in your headquarters.

See what Jesus said:
Luk 24:39:
1. "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:
2. handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have."

That is the uppercut from the mouth of Jesus against your man made doctrine
Any argument different from this is from the antichrist!
Do you agree a Spirit can claim to be flesh when they appear as one ?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Blabbermouth: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
Barristter07, does angel Gabriel have a spiritual body? YES or NO!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
Barristter07:

Jesus have every right to say the above, doesn't mean he wasn't raised as a spirit.
When spirit's assume an human form, they claim to be flesh . That's what happened here.
1. You have not really given clear expianation. 2. Would we be able to transform and bodies subjected to carry wounds like that he showed his disciples based on your earlier post? 3. Do spirits have bodies? Luke 24: 39
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by haddeylium(m): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Cos' you said you're ready to unlearn and Relearn

They can take the form of a material body.
Then, you should have no problem accepting that spirit being with spirit body can materialized (1 cor 15:44)

Even if We once knew Christ according to the flesh, we certainly no longer know him in that way. (2 Corinthians 5:​16)

Christ was resurrected to having a spiritual body, and these spirit creatures can take human form just as some Angels did.

No! Not flesh and blood! It was Flesh and Bones
Good!
that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”(john 6:51)
Does Flesh inherit God's kingdom?(1 cor 15:50)

Depends on what is sacrificed.(
Answer this question
What was actually required?
A. The flesh of Jesus (of an unblemished lamb)
B. The blood of Jesus (of an unblemished lam)
C. Answer is not option A or B (In this case, you can specify your answer)

Jesus sacrificed his flesh and blood(life)
He would not have taken back his sacrificed body of flesh and blood ... would He?

Know today, Jesus wasn't resurrected as a man of flesh and blood but a glorious spirit person

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
haddeylium:

was put to death in the flesh but made alive [resurrected] in the spirit.”​—1 Peter 3:​18

Can spirit being being transform into a materialized body?
Does Jesus ascends to heaven in both flesh and blood?
can someone retrieve what he sacrificed?

Answers those questions and we won't be having this conversation...
Now first, let's look at the two scriptures

1. See what Jesus said:
2. handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have."

2. 1Pt3:18-20
i. "For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God,
ii. being put to death in the flesh,
iii. but quickened by the Spirit:
iv. By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Since the scriptures will NOT contradict themselves, let us interpret these two scriptures.

Luk 24:39 is simple and direct. There is no iota of ambiguity with it. Jesus emphatically said that what the disciples were seeing was the real Him and NOT a Spirit.
1Pt3:18 by itself is meaningless without looking at the context of the verse. Hence, we must read it up to at least verse 20 .

Now, I have broke the scripture into phrases for ease of comprehension
Phrase i:
I think this phrase is clear to all Christians.
Phrase ii:
I think all Christians are in agreement that Jesus was killed (bodily)
Phrase iii:
"Quickened in the spirit" is the same meaning as "made alive in the spirit"
The ambiguity is:
HOW was Jesus made alive in the Spirit?
WHEN was Jesus made alive in the Spirit?
Is BEING made Alive in the SPIRIT the same as RESURRECTION? (Being made alive in the flesh would have been a resurrection isn't it)
Was Jesus SPIRIT also Killed on the Cross?

Since this phase is a little ambiguous, let's see if the next phrase will qualify such ambiguity
Phrase iv:
a. Jesus being made alive in the spirit was the means by which He preached to the spirits in prison
b. These spirits in prison have their origin from the time of Noah
c. These spirits were disobedient.

So, when was Jesus made alive in the spirit?
Since we can only allow scriptures to interpret other scriptures, let's look at Eph4:8-10

Eph 4:8-10:
"Why he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men. (Now that he ascended,
what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)"

It seems there was a DESCENDING first before and ASCENTION of Christ!
1Pt3:18 was then referencing the DESCENT of Christ rather than HIS RESURRECTION!

Compare this 1Pt3:18-20 with the statement of Jesus in Lk24:39, Jesus's statement is very clear, direct and simple to comprehend (if one does not have a sinister motive)

Jesus resurrected BODILY. He is not a SPIRIT.

Now, to your questions

Can spirit being being transform into a materialized body?
Of course Angels with the permission of God can TRANSMUTATE into a Material Body. But Transmutation is NOT the same as Resurrection.
Transmutation is a kind of transformation from one form into another while resurrection is bringing back alive the dead.

Jesus physical body was buried: it was His body that resurrected.

Mat 28:6:
"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."

Mat 28:7:
"And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there shall you see him: see, I have told you."

Since Jesus Spirit wasn't killed, his spirit couldn't have reason sir!

Does Jesus ascends to heaven in both flesh and blood?
The Bible spoke only of the Ascension of Christ into the Physical Heaven (cloud and sky) with respect to resurrection and not that Jesus went to the dwelling place of God the Father at His ASCENTION. If you know any scripture that show that Jesus ascended to the Spiritual heaven in the presence of His Disciples let me know.

Human flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
1Cor 15:50:
"And I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit [the] kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption."

Jesus does NOT need to inherit the Kingdom of God. He came from His Father's House to introduce the kingdom to us. 1Cor15:50 doesn't apply to Jesus but to us Christians.

John 3:13:
"And no one has ascended up to Heaven except He who came down from Heaven, the Son of man who is in Heaven."

The above scripture show that Jesus is an exception to 1Cor15:50.

A Glorified body is one that is not bound by the limitations of the physical realm.

can someone retrieve what he sacrificed?
No!
Only the Priest has access to a sacrifice after it has been dropped by the person presenting the sacrifice. The sacrifice may be a burnt offering where the whole sacrifice is burnt to ashes (and the priest then clears the ashes) or where part of the sacrifice belong to him for food.

Unfortunately, your question is not appropriate.
Jesus was the LAMB of God not of man.
Jesus was both the Lamb and the High Priest.

His sacrifice was for us even though we have no part in it.

Now, look at what Jesus said with no bias

Do you have any argument against the scripture above?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK nah, don't worry yourself much.
We are the group that our teacher said "there are many things i still need to teach you, but you can't assimilate all for the moment, but when that one comes,the spirit of truth he will guide you into all the truth, he will not speak of his own initiative,but what he hears he will speak and he will declare to you things to come" John 16:12-13

So there were so many things our brothers in the first century never knew before Pentecost but after they realized that what they saw after Jesus' resurrection was a materialised spirit being not his former human body, that's why Paul said Jesus died a physical body but resurrected a spirit body! 1Corinthians 15:42-46 smiley
Jesus Himself said that he is not a spirit but your teacher said the contrary just as he told Eve by twisting the direct word of God.

Let me address 1Cor15: 42-46

1Cor 15:42-44:
i. "So also the resurrection of the dead.
ii. It is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption;
iii. it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory;
iv. it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
v. it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
vi. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

Phrase i:
Resurrection of the dead means bringing back to life that which was DEAD.
Phrase ii-v
What was sown in corruption, dishonour, weakness, natural body.
Is it the spirit or body of a Christian?

What was raised in incorruption, glory, power and spiritual body?

I hope you can be truthful to yourself at least for once. Is it not the BODY of a Christian? Or do you think the scripture is describing the spirit of a Christian?

This BODY is what the Bible refer to as the GLORIFIED BODY.

Phil 3:21:
"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like to his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things to himself."
"When he comes back, he will take these dying bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own,
using the same mighty power that he will use to conquer all else everywhere."

What kind of body did Paul say Christian will have at resurrection? Did he not call it glorious body like that of Jesus?

Rom 8:23:
"And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

What does the phrase redemption of our body mean?

Can you show just one scripture that show that Christians will have a materialized Spirit?

I'm sorry that the scriptures mean nothing to you.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Spot on, Shadeyinka! We may have our differences in stuffs like Foreknowledge and future but your posts (so far in this thread) are 100% consistent with the scriptures.
A JW main scripture is their organizations books of doctrines. When the bible is in direct contradiction of their doctrine, they go with their doctrine.

It's a case of deep hypnosis and brainwashing that they aren't even aware of how enslaved they've become.

It's like demonic enslavement. I pray the Lord opens their eyes and set them free

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by DappaD: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2020

shadeyinka:

[s]A JW main scripture is their organizations book of doctrines. When the bible is in direct contradiction of their doctrine, they go with their doctrine.
It's a case of deep hypnosis and brainwashing that they aren't even aware of how enslaved they've become.[/s]

So you mean 1Corinthians 15:42-46, 1Timothy 3:16 and 1Peter 3:18 was invented by JW's and doesn't appear in your own Bible?
Where is this ‘organizations book of doctrines’ please? Provide it else you might look like a fool.
Any reasonable student of the Bible will know you lost it when you made mention of ‘spirit or body’ trying to make them contrast.
What do you mean by that?
What part of Jesus died with a fleshly/natural BODY and was resurrected with a spiritual/immortal BODY don't you understand? 1Corinthians 15:44?
Indeed, the spiritual condition of churchgoers in Christendom is deplorable. undecided

[s]It's like demonic enslavement. I pray the Lord opens their eyes and set them free[/s]

Which ‘Lord’? What is your Lord’s name?
Is it Lord Baelish from Game of Thrones or who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
I wish you answered the questions and raise your objections to the scriptures given to you. But it is not surprising at all, for that is how you remain blind by ignoring direct scriptures.

Barristter07:

"When buried, it is a physical body; when raised, it will be a spiritual body. There is, of course, a physical body, so there has to be a spiritual body" - 1Cor 15:44

Do you agree with the Bible Jesus have a spiritual body ?

When something is Spiritual, It is not physical , agree ?
Was this what the scripture said? Please read again and stop paraphrasing to suit your conjectures.

There is no Christian who has an objection to the fact that everyone has both a physical body and a spiritual body. Lazarus and the rich man were in their spiritual bodies for instance.

Even God has His Spirit body. Jesus has his Spirit body and Angels have their spirit bodies. Demons have their spirit bodies.

A human being has a Body, Soul and Spirit.

What do you think is the glorified body? 1Cor 15:42-44, Phil3:21

Barristter07:

Jesus was raised a spirit, spiritual body.

A spirit doesn't have flesh. Proving the Jehovahs Witnesses right .

Shadeyinka, when a spirit appear in human form, they claimed to be flesh/man. Learn this today.
See your lies in bold. Was that what the Bible said or what you which the bible said?
Is made alive in the spirit the same as raised a Spirit?

You are just throwing tantrums up and down in no coherent format. Go back and look at the scriptures you ignored to write this.

Does a spirit have flesh?

Let me help you out to understand the memory verse you always misapply.

shadeyinka:

1. See what Jesus said:

i. "For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God,
iv. By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Since the scriptures will NOT contradict themselves, let us interpret these two scriptures.

Luk 24:39 is simple and direct. There is no iota of ambiguity with it. Jesus emphatically said that what the disciples were seeing was the real Him and NOT a Spirit.
1Pt3:18 by itself is meaningless without looking at the context of the verse. Hence, we must read it up to at least verse 20 .

Phrase i:
Phrase ii:
Phrase iii:
"Quickened in/by the spirit" is the same meaning as "made alive in/by the spirit"
The ambiguity is:
HOW was Jesus made alive in/by the Spirit?
WHEN was Jesus made alive in/by the Spirit?
Is BEING made Alive in/by the SPIRIT the same as RESURRECTION? (Being made alive in the flesh would have been a resurrection isn't it)

Since this phase is a little ambiguous, let's see if the next phrase will qualify such ambiguity
Phrase iv:
a. Jesus being made alive in the spirit was the means by which He preached to the spirits in prison

Since we can only allow scriptures to interpret other scriptures, let's look at Eph4:8-10

"Why he said, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men. (Now that he ascended,
He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)"

1Pt3:18 was then referencing the DESCENT of Christ rather than HIS RESURRECTION!

Compare this 1Pt3:18-20 with the statement of Jesus in Lk24:39, Jesus's statement is very clear, direct and simple to comprehend (if one does not have a sinister motive)

Now, to your questions

Of course Angels with the permission of God can TRANSMUTATE into a Material Body. But Transmutation is NOT the same as Resurrection.
Transmutation is a kind of transformation from one form into another while resurrection is bringing back alive the dead.

"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."

"And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there shall you see him: see, I have told you."

The Bible spoke only of the Ascension of Christ into the Physical Heaven (cloud and sky) with respect to resurrection and not that Jesus went to the dwelling place of God the Father at His ASCENTION. If you know any scripture that show that Jesus ascended to the Spiritual heaven in the presence of His Disciples let me know.

"And I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit [the] kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption."

Jesus does NOT need to inherit the Kingdom of God. He came from His Father's House to introduce the kingdom to us. 1Cor15:50 doesn't apply to Jesus but to us Christians.

"And no one has ascended up to Heaven except He who came down from Heaven, the Son of man who is in Heaven."

A Glorified body is one that is not bound by the limitations of the physical realm.

No!
Only the Priest has access to a sacrifice after it has been dropped by the person presenting the sacrifice. The sacrifice may be a burnt offering where the whole sacrifice is burnt to ashes (and the priest then clears the ashes) or where part of the sacrifice belong to him for food.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
DappaD:

Just say you are spiritually hungry and JWs will do the honours to feed you.

I eat good food not garbage. Their teaching is poisonous to the soul. Address my point and don't digress. Why would they say God stole the body of Jesus? You might say they didn't use the word stealing but it is implied.

God wasn't the one who buried Jesus. Why would he take away the body he didn't bury and the disciples were not aware he did so. Besides, their is no single Scripture to support this claim.

You people don't have the fear of God. Only foolish and gullible souls who don't use their brains fall for such demonic doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 12:11am On Sep 29, 2020
tobechi74:

Your interpretation not their words

I quoted their book. I didn't write it. What is stealing? Taking something without the knowledge of the ones who kept it there. God didn't bury Jesus, so why would he take his body without the knowledge of anyone.

Which Scripture supports this lie from the pit of hell?

The Moses example is quite different because it is recorded that God buried him.

Where is it recorded that God took his body.

Besides Jesus said that if they destroy this Temple, he will raise it in three days.

John 2:21 says that he spake of the temple of his body.

Another lie is to refer the temple of his body to mean the Church. Was the Church ever destroyed. The church hasn't even started as at that time. When was the Church ever destroyed and it was raised in three days.

In order to cover up a lie, you have to tell another lie.

Jehovah Witness group is anti Christ and their destruction is certain. They will join their founder in the very hell they deny its existence and be tormented day and night.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 12:22am On Sep 29, 2020
shadeyinka:
I wish you answered the questions and raise your objections to the scriptures given to you. But it is not surprising at all, for that is how you remain blind by ignoring direct scriptures.

Was this what the scripture said? Please read again and stop paraphrasing to suit your conjectures.

There is no Christian who has an objection to the fact that everyone has both a physical body and a spiritual body. Lazarus and the rich man were in their spiritual bodies for instance.

Even God has His Spirit body. Jesus has his Spirit body and Angels have their spirit bodies. Demons have their spirit bodies.

A human being has a Body, Soul and Spirit.

What do you think is the glorified body? 1Cor 15:42-44, Phil3:21

See your lies in bold. Was that what the Bible said or what you which the bible said?
Is made alive in the spirit the same as raised a Spirit?

You are just throwing tantrums up and down in no coherent format. Go back and look at the scriptures you ignored to write this.

Does a spirit have flesh?

Let me help you out to understand the memory verse you always misapply.

Bros STOP deceiving yourselves grin
Phillipians 3:20-21
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself, [b]will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body"

Phillipians 3:20-21, glorified body doesn't not dwell on earth. It is the spirit body for heavenly dwellers.

Spirits (for instance,angels) have no flesh unless they transform (change) into flesh (so your eyes can behold them. Luke 24:4,23).

If a child is already an adult, why would he transform (change) into adult?
According to Shadeyinka, man is already a spirit,why would he transform (change) into a spirit?

1 Cor15:48-50, flesh (humans) bears the image of the one made of dust (1st Adam) can not dwell in heaven (because they don't possess spirit bodies of angels). And vice versa.

The matter no concern Lazarus & rich man.
STOP deceiving yourself. [/b] grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 12:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Ken4Christ:

I quoted their book. I didn't write it. What is stealing? Taking something without the knowledge of the ones who kept it there. God didn't bury Jesus, so why would he take his body without the knowledge of anyone.

Which Scripture supports this lie from the pit of hell?

The Moses example is quite different because it is recorded that God buried him.

Where is it recorded that God took his body.

[b]Besides Jesus said that if they destroy this Temple, he will raise it in three days.

John 2:21 says that he [/b]spake of the temple of his body.

Another lie is to refer the temple of his body to mean the Church. Was the Church ever destroyed. The church hasn't even started as at that time. When was the Church ever destroyed and it was raised in three days.

In order to cover up a lie, you have to tell another lie.

Jehovah Witness group is anti Christ and their destruction is certain. They will join their founder in the very hell they deny its existence and be tormented day and night.

Bros show us the Scripture where Jesus raised himself.

I WILL be a doctor,is it proof you are a doctor?
Continue to deceive yourself. grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

1. See what Jesus said:

Phrase i:
Phrase ii:
Phrase iii:
"Quickened in the spirit" is the same meaning as "made alive in the spirit"
The ambiguity is:
HOW was Jesus made alive in the Spirit?
WHEN was Jesus made alive in the Spirit?
Is BEING made Alive in the SPIRIT the same as RESURRECTION? (Being made alive in the flesh would have been a resurrection isn't it)

Phrase iv:

Now, to your questions

No!

1 Peter 3:18
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm"

This is as clear as A,B,C. No ambiguity whatsoever.

Greek2227- made alive (quickened).
You can only give make alive what has no life.
Jesus fleshly life ended. God made Jesus alive (spiritual resurrection) in the spiritual realm, no be rocket science grin.
Romans8:3, God sent his spirit son to earth in the likeness of sinful men (flesh).
John 6:51, Hebrews10:10, Jesus sacrifice his body once forever for redemption of man.
Mission accomplished.

In what realm will God resurrect his son?
Jesus was raised to the life giving spirit
1Peter3:18. 1 Cor15:22,45. Holman Christian Bible grin

Go and look at the Scriptures where Greek2227 is in the Greek manuscript and STOP deceiving yourself grin

Luke 24:8-39, is it that same body nailed to the stake when he died?.

Luke 24:8-40, Jesus transmutated several times after his resurrection grin grin

Phillipians 3:20-21, glorified body dwells in heaven (not on earth) in the spiritual realm there is no limitations of the physical realm.

His spirit expired (his breath of life ended), Luke 23:46. Psalms 104:29.
Not a living being dwelling inside Jesus.

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by DappaD: 12:51am On Sep 29, 2020

Ken4Christ:

[s]
I eat good food not garbage. Their teaching is poisonous to the soul. Address my point and don't digress. Why would they say God stole the body of Jesus? You might say they didn't use the word stealing but it is implied.
God wasn't the one who buried Jesus. Why would he take away the body he didn't bury and the disciples were not aware he did so. Besides, their is no single Scripture to support this claim.
You people don't have the fear of God. Only foolish and gullible souls who don't use their brains fall for such demonic doctrine.[/s]

Do you know that your pastor might have a different opinion from you? And that everybody in your church will have their own interpretations? grin
So why are you pained? grin
Is it your weak emotions and childish outbursts that will address/quench your spiritual hunger? angry
All I said was humble yourself and ask to be enlightened by JWs and you'll receive the knowledge free of charge

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 2:23am On Sep 29, 2020
MightySparrow:
1. You have not really given clear expianation. 2. Would we be able to transform and bodies subjected to carry wounds like that he showed his disciples based on your earlier post? 3. Do spirits have bodies? Luke 24: 39

1Cor15:40,44. Spirits have spirit bodies (not flesh/human body).

If you were a Spirit, you could. But you can't.
Human limitations.

Luke 24:4,23. Angels were called "men" by Jesus disciples. Were the angels really men?

Why do you cherry pick on Luke 24:39 when you can't solve the puzzle of Luke 24:15-16?

Luke 24:15-16, John 20:14, Why did Jesus disciples not recognize him while they spent hours talking with him?

Luke 24:31,36, do you accept that the angels @ Luke 24:4, copied Jesus deeds @vs31,36?

If Angels were called men,@vs4, what would Jesus disciples call their Master @ vs39?

Luke 24:8-42, did Jesus Christ have body wounds?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 3:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Barristter07:
Jesus have every right to say the above, doesn't mean he wasn't raised as a spirit.
When spirit's assume an human form, they claim to be flesh. That's what happened here.

MightySparrow:
1. You have not really given clear expianation.
2. Would we be able to transform and bodies subjected to carry wounds like that He showed his disciples based on your earlier post?
3. Do spirits have bodies? Luke 24: 39
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me,
for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

Barristter07, the only way a spirit being can claim to be flesh is if such came into the world through the door, otherwise such is a thief and a robber, siren wow, lmso. If you know this, you know. Who no know, no go know and its a pity

Watch this Barristter07, God is Spirit, lmso. Now by definition, "exerchomai" which is the Greek original word, translated as "proceeded forth" means, to go or come out of, with mention of the place out of which one goes, or of the point from which one departs, John 8:42 above, makes no mistake, where from Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, proceeded forth and/or came from to become flesh, lmso.

Other than Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, are you able, capable or even reliable enough, to provide evidence of any spiritual being born of a woman and/or who became flesh, huh?

Spirit(s) assuming human form, spirit appearing in human form, spirit looking like human, spirit pretending to be human is not the take same spirit actually being human. Spirits like that dont claim to be flesh. It is only Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, who rightly calls Himself the Son of man, meaning divinity met and coalesced with humanity, that He is divine as much as He is human. No other spirit has the temerity to lay claim to that they are flesh. "Ewọ agbẹdọ" loosely translated means "It is forbidden"

MightySparrow, about question #2 is, yes and no. Question #3 is, fundamentally spirits are incorporeal. Spirits are like your thoughts, there isn't anything physical per se about them.

Let me try to tease something out of you a bit if I can manage it and this of course, has to do with your question #2 and hopefully help illuminate that area more, lmso. What do you think, would have happened had it been that Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, waited beyond the third day to resurrect, lmso, hmm?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 4:48am On Sep 29, 2020
Janosky:

[b]1 Peter 3:18
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, after being put to death in the fleshly realm but made alive in the spiritual realm"

This is as clear as A,B,C. No ambiguity whatsoever.

Greek2227- made alive (quickened).
You can only give make alive what has no life.
Jesus fleshly life ended. God made Jesus alive (spiritual resurrection) in the spiritual realm, no be rocket science grin.

See how you conveniently mislead yourself.
What died?
Was it Christ Body or Christ Spirit?

If during the burial of Mr Mann, someone told you that even though Mr Mann is in the coffin, he has in fact resurrected and is currently at home eating Amala with Ewedu: would you consider it a resurrection?

It can only be a resurrection when that who DIED is brought back to life.

See how you conveniently misplaced your thinking faculty?!

Janosky:

Romans8:3, God sent his spirit son to earth in the likeness of sinful men (flesh).
John 6:51, Hebrews10:10, Jesus sacrifice his body once forever for redemption of man.
Mission accomplished.

In what realm will God resurrect his son?
Jesus was raised to the life giving spirit
1Peter3:18. 1 Cor15:22,45. Holman Christian Bible grin

Go and look at the Scriptures where Greek2227 is in the Greek manuscript and STOP deceiving yourself grin
[/b]

Luke 24:8-39, is it that same body nailed to the stake when he died?.
You didn't answer any questions with respect to 1Pt3:18-20
1. What died?
Was it the Body of Christ or the Spirit of Christ?
What then was made ALIVE?
Was it the Body of Christ or the Spirit of Christ?

2. According to 1Pt3:18-20 when did Jesus preach to the Prisoners?
Was it before His appearance to His disciples or after?
3. Can you please say exactly what Lk24:39 means; especially with respect of the coloured phrases
2. handle me, and see;
for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have."

Janosky:

Luke 24:8-40, Jesus transmutated several times after his resurrection grin grin

Phillipians 3:20-21, glorified body dwells in heaven (not on earth) in the spiritual realm there is no limitations of the physical realm.

His spirit expired (his breath of life ended), Luke 23:46. Psalms 104:29.
Not a living being dwelling inside Jesus.
If Jesus transmutated several times after His resurrection, is this not an evidence even from you that Transmutation is not the same as Resurrection?

To help you out:
Lazarus of Bethany:
Was his case a case of Resurrection or Transmutation.

Can you compare with these two scriptures

The highlights in @red, are they a case of Resurrection or Transmutation?

Please next time follow the scriptures rather than some man made positions. There is nothing defendable with going tangent to plain scriptures all because you want to please your organisation.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 4:54am On Sep 29, 2020
johnw47:
happy short ban, sewer mouth fraud jw janosky smiley
He is on a posting ban apparently
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 5:02am On Sep 29, 2020
Janosky:

Bros STOP deceiving yourselves grin
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself, [b]will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body"

Phillipians 3:20-21, glorified body doesn't not dwell on earth. It is the spirit body for heavenly dwellers.

Spirits (for instance,angels) have no flesh unless they transform (change) into flesh (so your eyes can behold them. Luke 24:4,23).

If a child is already an adult, why would he transform (change) into adult?
According to Shadeyinka, man is already a spirit,why would he transform (change) into a spirit?

1 Cor15:48-50, flesh (humans) bears the image of the one made of dust (1st Adam) can not dwell in heaven (because they don't possess spirit bodies of angels). And vice versa.

The matter no concern Lazarus & rich man.
STOP deceiving yourself. [/b] grin
I wonder what your objective was with this post. Let's take your first scripture
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself, will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body

1. Is it our BODIES that would be Transformed or our SPIRIT?
If it is our bodies, why should Jesus case be an exception?
What then happens to the physical body of Christ? Is it kept in the heavenly Musium?
2. Please note the @blue. Whose BODY is this scripture speaking about? Why is the scripture not written as "...His glorious spirit" ?

I expect you as usual to go tangent to these questions.

Please next time follow the scriptures rather than some man made undefendable positions.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Jesus Himself said that he is not a spirit but your teacher said the contrary just as he told Eve by twisting the direct word of God.

Let me address 1Cor15: 42-46

Phrase i:
Resurrection of the dead means bringing back to life that which was DEAD.
Phrase ii-v
What was sown in corruption, dishonour, weakness, natural body.

What was raised in incorruption, glory, power and spiritual body?

I hope you can be truthful to yourself at least for once. Is it not the BODY of a Christian? Or do you think the scripture is describing the spirit of a Christian?

This BODY is what the Bible refer to as the GLORIFIED BODY.

"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like to his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things to himself."
"When he comes back, he will take these dying bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own,

What kind of body did Paul say Christian will have at resurrection? Did he not call it glorious body like that of Jesus?

Rom 8:23:
"And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

What does the phrase redemption of our body mean?

Can you show just one scripture that show that Christians will have a materialized Spirit body?

I'm sorry that the scriptures mean nothing to you.

Read it till you expire, you can never come to an accurate knowledge of those things, because the only means of understanding is that which you're battling to resist:- Jesus' anointed brothers (The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses)

As for the highlighted, Jesus said "the children of this system (earthly life) marry and they're given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things (heavenly life) and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, in fact neither can they die anymore for they are like angels they are God's children by been children of the (first) resurrection" Luke 20:34-36 compare to Revelations 20:6

Those going to rule with Jesus in heaven aren't going with physical body they will be transformed into spirits (like angels) and drop their human body {2Corinthians 5:8} since flesh and blood can't go to heaven {1Corinthians 15:50} and our human body is a formation of both flesh and blood!

So the body Jesus used as human can never go to heaven because it contains flesh and blood, that's why Paul said the glorious body (spirit body) Jesus possessed at his resurrection is what they needed before they can enter heaven with him {Philippians 3:21} i know you're feeling thirsty for the water {Luke 16:24} but on account of other followers of this thread i'm giving this response not because of you! smiley

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Read it till you expire, you can never come to an accurate knowledge of those things, because the only means of understanding is that which you're battling to resist:- Jesus' anointed brothers (The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses)

As for the highlighted, Jesus said "the children of this system (earthly life) marry and they're given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things (heavenly life) and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, in fact neither can they die anymore for they are like angels they are God's children by been children of the (first) resurrection" Luke 20:34-36 compare to Revelations 20:6

Those going to rule with Jesus in heaven aren't going with physical body they will be transformed into spirits (like angels) and drop their human body {2Corinthians 5:8} since flesh and blood can't go to heaven {1Corinthians 15:50} and our human body is a formation of both flesh and blood!

So the body Jesus used as human can never go to heaven because it contains flesh and blood, that's why Paul said the glorious body (spirit body) Jesus possessed at his resurrection is what they needed before they can enter heaven with him {Philippians 3:21} i know you're feeling thirsty for the water {Luke 16:24} but on account of other followers of this thread i'm giving this response not because of you! smiley
Instead of answering the questions posted, as usual they will go at tangent hoping that you'll forget the train of thought.

Khai!
I can't but marvel at a group who believe that paradise in on earth and only 144,000 will be in Heaven. As far available statistics go, JW are about 8,683,117 who will all live on earth.

Are you saying that the remaining 8539117 will be raised up with a non glorified body. Please find me a scripture or better still your organisation's doctrine on that.

As a reference to resurrection, please read

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by JustBeingFrank(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2020
A message for you today.

https://www.nairaland.com/2705292/seeing-demons- angels-fallen-angels
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Instead of answering the questions posted, as usual they will go at tangent hoping that you'll forget the train of thought.

Khai!
I can't but marvel at a group who believe that paradise in on earth and only 144,000 will be in Heaven. As far available statistics go, JW are about 8,683,117 who will all live on earth.

Are you saying that the remaining 8539117 will be raised up with a non glorified body. Please find me a scripture or better still your organisation's doctrine on that.

As a reference to resurrection, please read

All will be given glorious bodies at resurrection but with a difference, the limited in number (Born Again) will become spirits to live in heaven {Matthew 5:3} but the rest in flesh who are countless will remain on earth. Matthew 5:5

One thing both will enjoy is the blessings of God {Psalms 67:6-7} those who will inherit the earth (flesh) will no more be vulnerable to sickness {Isaiah 33:24} or oldage {Psalms 37:29; Isaiah 65:22} no more disabilities {Isaiah 35:5-6} Even all animals will be subjected to us {Isaiah 11:6} just as God foreordained in the beginning for fleshy creatures in his image {Genesis 1:26} abundance of food {Psalms 72:16} all the wicked will be gone! Psalms 37:7-11

But that's not the case with those going to heaven, they will be transformed into spirits and they will see God face to face {Matthew 5:8} they will never get married because marital life is for the flesh {Luke 20:34-36} so they're not going to bear children like we who will remain in the flesh enjoying marital bliss! Isaiah 65:23

So both will have glorious bodies, Apostle Paul is part of those going to heaven and majority of those in the first century belong to that little flock {Luke 12:32} that's why most of his comments is about the Born Again Christians. But the Bible book of Revelations helped us to know that there is going to be other blessed ones of God who will inherit the earth {Revelations 7:9, 14:6} Jesus said about this second set of blessed ones "i still have other sheep which are not of this fold" {John 10:16} we are all going to enjoy richly blessings from our God whether we're part of the new heavens or new earth! 2Peter 3:13; Revelations 21:1 compare to Isaiah 65:17,66:22

I know you're really thirsty for the water {Luke 16:24} but just as father Abraham said "a great chasm has been fixed between us so no one can cross to the other side" {Luke 16:26} for your information this simply means a great wall has been fixed between our beliefs and yours, it's either one of you accept our teachings or one of us accept yours (conversion) but as a whole group we will never agree on doctrines! wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2020
DappaD:

Do you know that your pastor might have a different opinion from you? And that everybody in your church will have their own interpretations? grin
So why are you pained? grin
Is it your weak emotions and childish outbursts that will address/quench your spiritual hunger? angry
All I said was humble yourself and ask to be enlightened by JWs and you'll receive the knowledge free of charge

OK. But I don't think we are serving the same God. Your god is the devil who is the real thief. My father in heaven cannot be a thief. He didn't and couldn't have stolen Jesus body.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2020
Ken4Christ:

OK. But I don't think we are serving the same God. Your god is the devil who is the real thief. My father in heaven cannot be a thief. He didn't and couldn't have stolen Jesus body.

It's OK, so try to go preaching and teaching what you know to gain more disciples for your God, JWs are doing just that with what we know! wink
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:17am On Sep 29, 2020
Janosky:

Bros show us the Scripture where Jesus raised himself.

I WILL be a doctor,is it proof you are a doctor?
Continue to deceive yourself. grin

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

He was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father and Jesus is the express image of that glory.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high..

But is this really your problem?

Our Lord Jesus rose from the dead bodily. His body underwent transformation such that it is no longer sustained by blood but by the Spirit of God.

Hence, Jesus didn't call his body, flesh and blood but he called it flesh and bones. It is a glorified body and the Bible promised ours also will be transformed to be like that of Jesus.

He told Thomas, I am not a spirit because I have flesh and bones, not flesh and blood.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK, so try to go preaching and teaching what you know to gain more disciples for your God, JWs are doing just that with what we know! wink

You are raising disciples for hell fire and I am doing my best to expose your deceits so as to save a few innocent souls from your deceits. I don't only win souls, I have raised Pastors and I will still do much more.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by DappaD: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2020

Ken4Christ:

Lmao, Ken4Christ.
Of course we're not serving the same God.
I thought this has already been deliberated upon grin

The Bible even makes mention of this.
While the rest of you will walk in the name of each of your own gods(trinity), Jehovah's Witnesses(servants of the true God) will walk in the name of Jehovah our God—Micah 4:5 smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2020
DappaD:

Lmao, Ken4Christ.
Of course we're not serving the same God.
I thought this has already been deliberated upon grin

The Bible even makes mention of this.
While the rest of you will walk in the name of each of your own gods(trinity), Jehovah's Witnesses(servants of the true God) will walk in the name of Jehovah our God—Micah 4:5 smiley

Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus doesn't know Jehovah. Jesus is the mediator between God and man. You are using the name to cover up your wicked works. This is why your punishment will be more severe.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by DappaD: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2020

Ken4Christ:

Anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus doesn't know Jehovah. Jesus is the mediator between God and man. You are using the name to cover up your wicked works. This is why your punishment will be more severe.

@Highlighted, so how come you and your church teach that Jesus is the same as God? If he's the mediator of the new covenant?
“Now there is no mediator when just one person is involved, but God is only one.”—Galatians 3:20
The same way Moses was the mediator between God and man for the old covenant—is the same way Jesus is the mediator between God and man for the new covenant.(1Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 9:15)

What can you make of this? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Maurice Ampaw: 8 Out Of 10 Pastors In Ghana Are Sleeping With Married Women / Your Soul Is Your Greatest Treasure, Don't Trade It For Anything In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.