Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus (15616 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jehovah Witness Teaches That The Sins You Commit On Earth Doesn't Matter / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

you accepted Jesus form is like that of the Angels. Angels dont have a combination of Spirit and physical. If thats the case, Jesus wont need to become human to save us . Think

you are a pure liar raising your opinion above Gods word
What kind of lying spirit has entered into you. Was that in highlight what I said!?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

grin grin grin
So going by this, the human body wont decompose, it will be changed ?? hmmm, u get sense die grin grin . How come bodies of belivers get rotten ...
You have entered the dummy mode again!
After resurrection with a glorified body that is not subject to corruption, you still expect the body to rot?

Even a toddler will have a better comprehension.

Barristter07:

grin grin if this is the case Jesus wont have need to be born as a baby Since they already possess physical body, its wrong to say he become human since he had it already . That body they had is a camouflage. thats why its called materialized, if english is the problem, use the dictionary bro cheesy
Compare with what I wrote and stop being used by your lying spirit.

Barristter07:

Finally, you accepted the truth. Angels are not humans , they only materialize.
Reasoning like a child again; did I tell you that angels are human?
Read up my post again. Resist the lying spirit that has chosen to possess you.

Barristter07:

Bible said He make his Angels SPIRiT, thats the form of God the Father too ... like the Heavenly one , so are those in heaven. Jesus is a Spirit being.

John 1:14:
"And the Word became flesh , and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of [the] Father, full of grace and of truth."
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:

I hope you've learnt a lesson or two from this. Do not rate anything (not even any organisation) above Christ and His Words.

Christ is now a KING remember? cheesy

So if you can't present any organization that's obeying him as ruler on this planet today, then it simply means you don't know anything about Jesus of Nazareth!

I present to you the one and only organization of LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27}

They are known globally today as
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Apart from their gathering, Jesus' teachings is not effective nor operational anywhere! John 17:20-23 wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Christ is now a KING remember? cheesy

So if you can't present any organization that's obeying him as ruler on this planet today, then it simply means you don't know anything about Jesus of Nazareth!

I present to you the one and only organization of LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27}

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Apart from their gathering, Jesus' teachings is not effective nor operational anywhere! John 17:20-23 wink
Let God boast in you. Let the people glorify God through your acts of love.

Self pray amounts to nothing. I don't know anyone of you with such qualities.

I will rather make my boast in Christ alone
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:

Let God boast in you. Let the people glorify God through your acts of love.
Self pray amounts to nothing. I don't know anyone of you with such qualities.
I will rather make my boast in Christ alone

Another misconception leading you astray! smiley

None of Adam's imperfect descendants can possess those qualities, not even half of it my guy, those are the Qualities of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit! Galatians 5:22-23
The one and only human who possessed it all was Jesus of Nazareth, that's why observers could say about him You are the son of God {Matthew 16:16} God never expected any human to possess those qualities completely for now because of our limitations, that's what the inspired writers referred to as God's undeserved kindness (grace) because despite the fact that God hates sin, he overlooked our sinful nature and started having dealings with us on the basis of the sacrifice offered on our behalf by his son! Hebrew 4:16
So don't be fooled, no human can possess those qualities for now, but as a group (Organization) that Jesus is leading, everyone will notice those qualities in their movement {Matthew 5:13-16} not because each individual in the Organization have it but due to the Wonderful Counselor leading the group, everyone will perceive that these people are just normal imperfect humans like all others but there is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL permeating their midst! Galatians 5:22-23 compare to John 17:20-23 smiley
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:

You have entered the dummy mode again!
After resurrection with a glorified body that is not subject to corruption, you still expect the body to rot?

Even a toddler will have a better comprehension.

You quoted this " Who shall change our vile body , that it may be fashioned like to his glorious body,"

Emphasis on " Change "

You claimed Jesus human body was changed to a glorified one , not that it was disposed.... So which means believers body too will not experience corruption but be changed into a glorified one .

Ken4Christ ... It's obvious you all hijacked a conversation u can't handle.

I need a response, will bodies be changed like that of Christ ?

Compare with what I wrote and stop being used by your lying spirit.

Reasoning like a child again; did I tell you that angels are human?
Read up my post again. Resist the lying spirit that has chosen to possess you.

John 1:14:
"And the Word became flesh , and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of [the] Father, full of grace and of truth."

Good. Angels are spirit , Jesus is a Spirit too .

Thank you.

Let it sink, Jesus have the same Form like all the heavenly ones. Pure scripture

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Another misconception leading you astray! smiley

None of Adam's imperfect descendants can possess those qualities, not even half of it my guy, those are the Qualities of the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit! Galatians 5:22-23
The one and only human who possessed it all was Jesus of Nazareth, that's why observers could say about him You are the son of God {Matthew 16:16} God never expected any human to possess those qualities completely for now because of our limitations, that's what the inspired writers referred to as God's undeserved kindness (grace) because despite the fact that God hates sin, he overlooked our sinful nature and started having dealings with us on the basis of the sacrifice offered on our behalf by his son! Hebrew 4:16
So don't be fooled, no human can possess those qualities for now, but as a group (Organization) that Jesus is leading, everyone will notice those qualities in their movement, not because each individual in the Organization have it but due to the Wonderful Counselor leading the group, everyone will perceive that these people are just normal imperfect humans like all others but there is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL permeating their midst! Galatians 5:22-23 compare to John 17:20-23 smiley
God wouldn't command that which is impossible to exhibit
Gal 5:22-26:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law. But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with [its] passions and lusts. If we live in [the] Spirit, let us also walk in [the] Spirit. Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another."
See why you do not even bear any fruit @highlight. Self praise over nothing.

Rather, it is easy for you to exhibit the fruit of the flesh!
Gal 5:19-21:
"Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:
As usual, see how you dodged the issues raised in my post.

His spiritual eyes were opened meaning: His eyes were opened to see into the spirit realm

Humans don't have spiritual body, nothing like spiritual eyes, is this how u lie to your church members ??

Jesus had a glorified body!
Phil 3:21:
"Christ will, through his power, bring everything under his authority. He will change our humble bodies and make them like his glorified glorious body literally and figuratively: body of his glory. He is able to subject all things to himself."

Can you show a single Scripture that says Jesus resurrected with a spirit body?

1Pet 3:18

Killed in the flesh (human being) , Made alive in the spirit. (spirit being )

Are you saying that a vision is a meaningless array of visuals or spiritual realities?
2Kin 6:17:
"And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray you, open his eyes , that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

Was the young man blind before?
Was the vision a spiritual reality or meaningless array of images?

Vision is not reality.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

You quoted this " Who shall change our vile body , that it may be fashioned like to his glorious body,"

Emphasis on " Change "

You claimed Jesus human body was changed to a glorified one , not that it was disposed.... So which means believers body too will not experience corruption but be changed into a glorified one .

Thank you.

Let it sink, Jesus have the same Form like all the heavenly ones. Pure scripture
I don't know if it's a problem of comprehension or IQ. All that can be seen is that you don't make sense!
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:

I don't know if it's a problem of comprehension or IQ. All that can be seen is that you don't make sense!

Jesus body wasnt disposed it was CHANGED , oga prove your claim that believers body will b changed to a glorious one.

If Jesus former body wasnt disposed, Do u agree believers body too will not be disposed BUt changed to a glorious one ??

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Shadeyinka don hang ... grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadeyinka:

God wouldn't command that which is impossible to exhibit
Gal 5:22-26:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law. But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with [its] passions and lusts. If we live in [the] Spirit, let us also walk in [the] Spirit. Let us not become glory-seeking, provoking one another, envying one another."
See why you do not even bear any fruit @highlight. Self praise over nothing.

Rather, it is easy for you to exhibit the fruit of the flesh!
Gal 5:19-21:
"Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Walahi Talahi you're making this sound funnier than ever!

So you're still going astray without comprehending what God's word is saying.

But for the benefit of other followers i'll throw the light.

Paul is saying we need those qualities to live forever in God's kingdom, but the former is what our human flesh is exhibiting.
So if a Christian is making progress in exhibiting part of those qualities, let him not boast or compare himself to another Christian brother or sister who is slow in exhibiting it.
That's why Jehovah's Witnesses are saying once a person continue making use of all the provisions Jehovah is making available through those taking the lead in his organization {Hebrew 13:7,17} we will continue washing our robes gradually until the desired result is achieved Isaiah 1:18 compare to Revelations 7:13-14

Those qualities are the desired results God is expecting before we can be ushered into everlasting life, but first each person must humble himself/herself to find out {Zephaniah 2:2-3} which group God is using to dispense timely counsel {Matthew 24:28} and with them each person can start learning what remains that he needs to work on because some finds it easy to exhibit certain qualities while it might be difficult for some, that's why Paul said we need not compare ourselves to others!

So if you're not part of those learning through the arrangement, you can never meat up with the desired results, because each week we are having timely instructions in form of counseling globally {Matthew 24:45} which all those outside the organization are missing! smiley
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

Humans don't have spiritual body, nothing like spiritual eyes, is this how u lie to your church members ??
See how you contradict yourself with1Pt3:18
1Ths 5:23:
"And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"And Elisha prayed and said, I pray You, LORD, open his eyes so that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

Barristter07:

1Pet 3:18

Killed in the flesh (human being) , Made alive in the spirit. (spirit being )
1Pet 3:18-19: "For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit; in which also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,"
Conveniently, you'll ignore the @blue because it doesn't serve your error.

When did Jesus preach to the spirits in prison? (Before His resurrection or after)?

Who are the spirits in prison?

As usual, I expect you to avoid answering this direct questions!

Barristter07:

Vision is not reality.
Stop misquoting words.

Vision is not a spiritual reality!?

Then, why did the angels claim he could have killed Balaam if his ass hadn't stopped?
Num 22:33:
"And the ass saw Me and turned from Me these three times. Unless she had turned from Me, surely now I also would have killed you and saved her alive."

"A vision is not reality" indeed!

See how the scriptures have disgraced your organisation's conjectures!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 10:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Walahi Talahi you're making this sound funnier than ever!

So you're still going astray without comprehending what God's word is saying.

But for the benefit of other followers i'll throw the light.

Paul is saying we need those qualities to live forever in God's kingdom, but the former is what our human flesh is exhibiting.
So if a Christian is making progress in exhibiting part of those qualities, let him not boast or compare himself to another Christian brother or sister who is slow in exhibiting it.
That's why Jehovah's Witnesses are saying once a person continue making use of all the provisions Jehovah is making available through those taking the lead in his organization {Hebrew 13:7,17} we will continue washing our robes gradually until the desired result is achieved Isaiah 1:18 compare to Revelations 7:13-14

Those qualities are the desired results God is expecting before we can be ushered into everlasting life, but first each person must humble himself/herself to find out {Zephaniah 2:2-3} which group God is using to dispense timely counsel {Matthew 24:28} and with them each person can start learning what remains that he needs to work on because some finds it easy to exhibit certain qualities while it might be difficult for some, that's why Paul said we need not compare ourselves to others!

So if you're not part of those learning through the arrangement, you can never meat up with the desired results, because each week we are having timely instructions in form of counseling globally {Matthew 24:45} which all those outside the organization are missing! smiley
Why do you like shamelessly contradicting yourself. For someone who just boasted in their organizations credentials

MaxInDHouse:

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

You are certainly harbouring a lying spirit!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

Emphasis on " Change "

Thank you.

How could I have hijacked a thread I started? Please, don't compare Jesus with Angels.

Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

As for the issue of glorified body, only the redeemed of the Lord will put on a glorified body.

The bodies of lost souls resurrected for final judgment will be destroyed in the Lake of fire.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

Jesus body wasnt disposed it was CHANGED , oga prove your claim that believers body will b changed to a glorious one.

If Jesus former body wasnt disposed, Do u agree believers body too will not be disposed BUt changed to a glorious one ??
@highlight
You just love inventing lies and hoping that that's what you've heard the other person say! SMH!!

Believers body changed: let me oblige you
1Cor 15:51-54:
"Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed; in a moment, in a glance of an eye, at the last trumpet. For a trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall all be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. But when this corruptible shall put on incorruption, and when this mortal shall put on immortality, then will take place the word that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

1Ths 4:16-17:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord."

"who shall change our body of humiliation so that it may be fashioned like His glorious body , according to the working of His power, even to subdue all things to Himself."

See how Christ is described as having a glorious body!
Unfortunately, the truth is useless to the spiritually dead

I do not know what you mean by DISPOSED!
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by haddeylium(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
[quote author=shadeyinka post=94484304]

Evening !

in a simple and clear terms..

How do you understand this statement

Jesus sacrificed his body(flesh)

while you're at it, check for the meaning of sacrifice in your dictionary .
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barristter07:

Those wounds are prove that's not Jesus glorified body, the spiritual body doesn't have Defects

Don't you read this in the Bible ?

" It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. " 1Cor 15:43

It wasn't raised in DISHONOR. The wound are a DISHONOR.

They can take a body. Note the difference.
Jesus walked on water and the disciples thought they saw a spirit. He transfigured before thee disciples before His death and resurrection. 1. Did he do this feats in glorious body?
2. Was He a spirit in His earthty ministry?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
haddeylium:

Evening !

in a simple and clear terms..

How do you understand this statement

Jesus sacrificed his body(flesh)

while you're at it, check for the meaning of sacrifice in your dictionary .

1Cor 11:24: "And giving thanks, He broke [it] and said, Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me."

1Pet 2:24: "[He] Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that dying to sins, we might live to righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed."

Who is the LAMB: Jesus
Who is the High Priest: Jesus

Rom 5:9: "Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."

Unfortunately for you, there are different forms of sacrifices
1. Heave sacrifice
Exo 29:28: "And it shall be Aaron's and his sons' by a statute forever from the sons of Israel. For it [is] a heave offering. And it shall be a heave offering from the sons of Israel of the sacrifices of their peace offerings, even their heave offering to the LORD."
2. Burnt Sacrifice
Exo 10:25: "And Moses said, You must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, so that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God."
3. Lev 10:14: "And the wave breast and heave shoulder you shall eat in a clean place, you, and your sons and your daughters with you. For [they have been] given for your portion and the portion of your sons out of the sacrifices of peace offerings of the sons of Israel."

What happens to the priest after the sacrifice? Does he remain at the alter?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by haddeylium(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2020
[quote author=shadeyinka post=94485026]

I said, give you answer in simple and clear terms
You're here posting scriptures you can't even explain

How do you understand: Jesus sacrificed his body(flesh)
( in 3lines)

Then, Priests make sacrifice for themselves but they don't leave with lamb or get it back. Do they?

In this case, Jesus body(flesh) is the substitute for the lamb.
Is Jesus getting it back after the sacrifice?

I think your trouble is the English...Check dictionary again for the meaning of Sacrifice please
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 2:18am On Oct 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

@highlight
You just love inventing lies and hoping that that's what you've heard the other person say! SMH!!

Believers body changed: let me oblige you
1Cor 15:51-54:
"Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed; in a moment, in a glance of an eye, at the last trumpet. For a trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall all be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. But when this corruptible shall put on incorruption, and when this mortal shall put on immortality, then will take place the word that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

1Ths 4:16-17:
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord."

"who shall change our body of humiliation so that it may be fashioned like His glorious body , according to the working of His power, even to subdue all things to Himself."

See how Christ is described as having a glorious body!
Unfortunately, the truth is useless to the spiritually dead

I do not know what you mean by DISPOSED!

Christ body was transformed right ? grin

If so, that should be true for the believers as well. grin grin cos it says it will be changed as well which means the transformation theory is saying their bodies cannot corrupt or return to dust.

Now tell me how sensible the transformation theory sounds.

If Christ body wasn't transformed, you have to accept something happened to the former body.

This juncture, your fallacies will be exposed for the lies they are.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 2:24am On Oct 01, 2020
Ken4Christ:

How could I have hijacked a thread I started? Please, don't compare Jesus with Angels.

Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Do you read that Jesus have a body like the heavenly ones ?

So tell me if Yahweh and the angels posses flesh and bones.

As for the issue of glorified body, only the redeemed of the Lord will put on a glorified body.

The bodies of lost souls resurrected for final judgment will be destroyed in the Lake of fire.

You mean their bodies will be transformed like that of Christ was transformed ??

For transformation to occur, the former body cannot corrupt. So you mean the bodies of believers will not see corruption ??

To deny their transformation, would mean that of Christ wasn't transformed as well. And you will have to answer what happen to Christ's former body . The same accusation you gave the witnesses

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Barristter07: 2:30am On Oct 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

See how you contradict yourself with1Pt3:18
1Ths 5:23:
"And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blamelessly at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"And Elisha prayed and said, I pray You, LORD, open his eyes so that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha."

1Pet 3:18-19: "For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit; in which also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,"
Conveniently, you'll ignore the @blue because it doesn't serve your error.

When did Jesus preach to the spirits in prison? (Before His resurrection or after)?

Who are the spirits in prison?

As usual, I expect you to avoid answering this direct questions!

It says after he was MADE ALIVE , to make someone alive, he must have been dead. That's ressurection.

Those spirits are angels. Proving the point that he was indeed raised as a Spirit being. Only a Spirit being could preach to Angels.

Stop misquoting words.

Vision is not a spiritual reality!?

Then, why did the angels claim he could have killed Balaam if his ass hadn't stopped?
Num 22:33:
"And the ass saw Me and turned from Me these three times. Unless she had turned from Me, surely now I also would have killed you and saved her alive."

"A vision is not reality" indeed!

See how the scriptures have disgraced your organisation's conjectures!

" So Peter followed him out, but he was unaware that what the angel was doing was real. He thought he was only seeing a vision ." Act 12:9 Berean

Let it sink. Vision is not reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 3:24am On Oct 01, 2020
MightySparrow:
Jesus walked on water and the disciples thought they saw a spirit. He transfigured before thee disciples before His death and resurrection.
1. Did he do this feats in glorious body?
2. Was He a spirit in His earthty ministry?
[img]https://s8/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
What points are you trying to make here?

I am sure you unreservedly agree and accept that God is Spirit, yeah? If yes, then what part of Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ is God Incarnate, God in human flesh body, dont you understand or get, hmm?

Please tell, did Apostle Peter, did he too not walk on water, defying gravity, hmm? Why aren't you asking if he too was a spirit in his earthly ministry or if Peter walked on water in a glorified body?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 3:48am On Oct 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I am sure you unreservedly agree and accept that God is Spirit, yeah? If yes, then what part of Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ is God Incarnate, God in human flesh body, dont you understand or get, hmm?

Please tell, did Apostle Peter, did he too not walk on water, defying gravity, hmm? Why aren't you asking if he too was a spirit in his earthly ministry or if Peter walked on water in a glorified body?

John 11:27

She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

Compare John 3:16 to John11:27 & Romans 8:3.

Matthew 28:18, where did Jesus Christ acquire power to walk on water?

Triune idol worshippers FALSELY claiming they know more than Jesus Christ grin

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 3:58am On Oct 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

A JW main scripture is their organizations books of doctrines. When the bible is in direct contradiction of their doctrine, they go with their doctrine.

It's a case of deep hypnosis and brainwashing that they aren't even aware of how enslaved they've become.

It's like demonic enslavement. I pray the Lord opens their eyes and set them free

False claims grin
Hogwash.
After all your somersaults on this thread grin grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Ken4Christ:

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead BY THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

He was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father and Jesus is the express image of that glory.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high..

But is this really your problem?

Our Lord Jesus rose from the dead bodily. His body underwent transformation such that it is no longer sustained by blood but by the Spirit of God.

Hence, Jesus didn't call his body, flesh and blood but he called it flesh and bones. It is a glorified body and the Bible promised ours also will be transformed to be like that of Jesus.

He told Thomas, I am not a spirit because I have flesh and bones, not flesh and blood.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have

Romans6:4 , Ken4 himself have faulted his FALSE claim.
Bros, your Romans 6:4 quote confirmed Jesus did not raise himself.

Thomas touched Jesus Christ when Christ appear to them.
Bros, Glorified body dey get wounds and nail marks?

You go dey claim say you get Sense grin grin
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2020
Janosky:
John 11:27

She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

Compare John 3:16 to John1 1:27 & Romans 8:3.

Matthew 28:18, where did Jesus Christ acquire power to walk on water?

Triune idol worshippers FALSELY claiming they know more than Jesus Christ grin
"Jesus said to them,
“If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God;
nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
"
- John 8:42

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth,
which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
"
- John 15:26

You can't run, you can't hide from "exerchomai," the Greek original word translated as "proceeded forth" lmso. Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, from the Father, acquired power to walk on water and hence defied the law of gravity, lmso. The Father, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, all form or comprise the Godhead

PS: Just go to bed Janosky, quit pulling yanga for leg
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Janosky: 4:49am On Oct 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

I wonder what your objective was with this post. Let's take your first scripture
Phillipians 3:20-21
"But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself, will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body

1. Is it our BODIES that would be Transformed or our SPIRIT?
If it is our bodies, why should Jesus case be an exception?
What then happens to the physical body of Christ? Is it kept in the heavenly Musium?
2. Please note the @blue. Whose BODY is this scripture speaking about? Why is the scripture not written as "...His glorious spirit" ?

I expect you as usual to go tangent to these questions.

Please next time follow the scriptures rather than some man made undefendable positions.
1)
Phillipians 3:20-21, Christ is in heaven when Paul wrote that.
1 Cor15:48-50,Bros, can human flesh/body exist in heaven?
Phillipians 3:20-21, Jesus will transform human bodies into spiritual bodies for heavenly citizenship grin

John 4:24. God is a spirit being. Hebrew9:24. Christ the life giving spirit in heaven will appear before his God in heaven..
Trinity fall yakata.. Yamutu Yakari grin grin

John 6:51& Hebrews10:10, is what happened to Christ fleshly body. Inspired utterance of Jesus and Paul grin.

2)
1 Cor15:40,44-45, glorified spiritual body of Christ the life giving spirit grin grin grin.
Shadeyinka problem is he mistakenly conclude that "Body" is strictly flesh/human.

1Cor15:40,44-45 first Adam human being/body.
2nd Adam, Jesus is a spiritual being/ body.

1 Cor15:40,44-45 is saying Shadeyinka "Receive Sense" you are wrong.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:02am On Oct 01, 2020
shadeyinka:

Why do you like shamelessly contradicting yourself. For someone who just boasted in their organizations credentials
You are certainly harbouring a lying spirit!

Now i know what is confusing you about Christianity!

Before i was thinking you just wanted to harbour iniquity but i'm getting something different about the thoughts of most religionsists through our discussion. Listen and learn now!
The qualities of God's Holy Spirit must be complete in each person before we can be ushered into the new world but those qualities can't be cultivated within our lifespan of 70-80 years, that's why God promised to allow us go through a training session of 1,000 years. Note how Revelations 20:5 put it "the rest of the dead (those who are not part of the 144,000 who have been taken to heaven) did not come back to life until the 1,000 years were ended, this is the first resurrection" God's word is here saying all those who are not going to heaven still have to undergo training before they can qualify for everlasting life on earth. Unlike the Born Again who are going to heaven whoever failed to cultivate all the qualities of God's holy spirit within that 1,000 years can't survive the final test when Satan is released from the Abbys to test those who will live on earth {Revelations 20:7-8} so only the Born Again have escaped this final test because Satan can't gain access to heaven and that's where those ones will be living by then! Revelations 20:6

The FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit is surely what each of us need to qualify for everlasting life on planet earth but nobody can cultivate these qualities completely for now, we need more time to do so that's the import of the 1,000 years!
Otherwise everlasting life has nothing to do with time again!
For now what God is expecting of each individual on planet earth is humility and willingness to make amendments as we continue to learn what righteousness means! Zephaniah 2:2-3
So what are the criteria to qualify for this?
Each person must IDENTIFY the one and only TRUE Christian Organization God is using to direct obedient mankind, that's why Jesus keep emphasizing the need to IDENTIFY or RECOGNIZED the true Christians {Matthew 5:13-16; John 13:34-35, 14:26-28, 17:20-23} otherwise there's no need for identification if Christians are just good people in different religious groups who are able to meet up with the tenets! undecided
Of what significance that would be?

It's the gathering of imperfect humans who are still struggling to cultivate the qualities yet as a group everyone can notice that LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE GOODNESS GENTLENESS FAITH MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL Galatians 5:22-23 keep permeating their midst despite being imperfect like everyone else!

Remember that before Apostle Paul enumerate the qualities of God's holy spirit he first of all listed the WORKS of the flesh, note his concluding statement "those who practice these things will not inherit the kingdom of God" Galatians 5:21b
Now try to go through all those works of the flesh as mentioned by Paul, diligently assimilate each of it and answer these two questions:-
Do you agree that there is nobody on planet earth that's totally free from these works of the flesh?
Can you say that you as a person has completely washed yourself from all those works?

Even Apostle Paul himself admitted that he keeps fighting vigorously to keep the works of the flesh that's affecting him away, and that God in his infinite mercy accepted him as he is! Romans 7:13-25

So as we can't master our flesh to put away completely the works of the flesh, the same thing goes to the qualities of God's holy spirit. That's why God in his underserved kindness (grace) will accept us into the 1,000 years reign of Christ so that when Satan who is misleading the entire inhabited earth is caged {Revelations 20:1-3} all of us who qualified to be present by then can learn how to cultivate fully all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit!

So for now you can never find a single person on earth (including all those who served God in the past) who has ever cultivated the FRUIT of God's holy spirit completely, but you can see an organization in which all those qualities is permeating their midst. Because God and Jesus are with them! Zechariah 8:23 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

transfiguration?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2020
MightySparrow:
transfiguration?
What about it?
Transfiguration is about the glory, glory of God, that is, lmso and its the same way that happened to Moshe aka Moses that required him to put on a veil or mask to cover his face (i.e. Exodus 34:29, 33-35)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / Maurice Ampaw: 8 Out Of 10 Pastors In Ghana Are Sleeping With Married Women / Your Soul Is Your Greatest Treasure, Don't Trade It For Anything In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.