Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! (17692 Views)

Tears! Still Thinking About This Pretty Girl Facing Death Penalty In China. Pics / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected / NIGERIA: When Will The Shedding Of Innocent Blood Stopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^Ur only contribution to this piece? Thats it? Well, like the Sheep, ur like can be relied upon to shout down the voices of sane reasoning!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by saintneo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^^^guess you are suffering from amnesia, even with the evidence at your face. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I am glad this topic has hit the front page with a befitting name Flawed Attempt To Equate Nigeria With Animal Farm grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Donmeca(m): 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2011
I'm impressed bk cud actually open a thread based on research. . .quite unlike his posts which are to say d least, divisive. I appreciate this coherent piece and beg all to see beyond ethnicity in his analysis and add something worthwhile or better learn from other people's contribution. . .at least he did some work (not d I spoke with d most intelligent Nigerian and he was Ibo thread). Nice work bro but if not dat JEG is d current presido, I wud av said OBJ and his 3rd tenure, EFCC and highhandedness shud be Napoleon. While Ribadu be Napoleon's fearful dogs but I guess that has been overtaken by events.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2011
Actually, I think the hens should be the Niger Deltans, while ibos should be the sheep.

I think BKBabe was unusually nice to ibos by comparing them to the hens. With people like Nzeribe, Andy Uba, Daniel Kalu, Chukwumerije, Aondoakaa and ibo's meager contribution to the national purse, I would definitely compare them with the sheep.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by fstranger3(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
Aigbofa:

Actually, I think the hens should be the Niger Deltans, while ibos should be the sheep.

I think BKBabe was unusually nice to ibos by comparing them to the hens. With people like Nzeribe, Andy Uba, Daniel Kalu, Chukwumerije, Aondoakaa and ibo's meager contribution to the national purse, I would definitely compare them with the sheep.

Bkbabe wouldnt have known people like DanielKanu, Nzeribe, Okadigbo, Chukwumerije etc

Nevertheless, i think this thread should be stickied, No? grin

PS: isnt Aondoakaa from Benue?
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2011
Aigbofa:

you see why you  are a fool ,considering your people top efcc record why  not make them the sheep and aondoakaa is not igbo u slowpoke

as for the post i didnt bother reading it , i already know nothin good will come out of that scum called bkbastard.

i wonder why such stupid threads make front page ,this bkbastard should be hanged his hatred for igbos can no longer be tolorated every negative thing about igbo people on the internet can be traced to NL
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by cap28: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
How on earth can the current political situation in nigeria be compared to the allegorical story of animal farm?

first of all animal farm is a critique of post revolutionary soviet union under stalin and the brutality and oppression he subsequently meted to his people.

has nigeria had a revolution ? No

Is nigeria still run by a small powerful elite? Yes

There is no comparison whatsoever between any of the characters in Animal farm and any nigerian politicians let alone the nigerian people - nigeria is still controlled by a small and powerful elite and has never had a revolution.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by binhozie(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2011
This is pure and utter nonsense
I thought i'd be re-directed to the literature section. Whats this doing in politics?
SMH
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2011
fstranger3:

Bkbabe wouldnt have known people like DanielKanu, Nzeribe, Okadigbo, Chukwumerije etc

Nevertheless, i think this thread should be stickied, No? grin

PS: isnt Aondoakaa from Benue?

My bad. He was so dumb, I thought he couldn't be anything but Ibo.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 9:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
Donmeca:

I'm impressed bk cud actually open a thread based on research. . .quite unlike his posts which are to say d least, divisive. I appreciate this coherent piece and beg all to see beyond ethnicity in his analysis and add something worthwhile or better learn from other people's contribution. . .at least he did some work (not d I spoke with d most intelligent Nigerian and he was Ibo thread). Nice work bro but if not dat JEG is d current presido, I wud av said OBJ and his 3rd tenure, EFCC and highhandedness shud be Napoleon. While Ribadu be Napoleon's fearful dogs but I guess that has been overtaken by events.

Thanks man!

On the "I SPOKE TO THE MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN. . . . ."  topic,lol, what can I say? Lol. But, really, if that thread wasnt hijacked I would have shown (based on the discussion with the Ibo taxi driver) why I felt most of what Beaf was preaching at the time was "right". In hindsight, I'm happy the usual fights occurred before the thread could become meaningful because I now see that GEJ is the worst thing that can/might happen to Nigeria! Dude is a basket case!

As per the characters (okay lemme explain this is as best as I can), I believe, in Napoleon, you'll find little bits of every Nigerian thas has ever led the country. Notice that I made Old Major into Mr.Awolowo---- bottom-line the pigs are the elite, the rich, the ones dividing up the national pie amongst themselves etc whether you feel your man/their man  fought/fights for good or not; its now up to you to see the bottom-line: THE WAR IS BETWEEN THE RICH AND THE POOR; NOT TRIBES, RELIGION OR RACE!!! Its between those that will push a $350,000 Rolls Royce while the average Nigerian probably wont ever save enough to buy a steering wheel even if he lived to be 95yrs old, to talk of even buying a BRAND NEW car fresh off the lot!

So, seeing this, why would anyone vote in a man that has been the number two, then number one, in a govt that cannot provide electricity or a safe enough environment that is conducive for business. . . . business that would uplift the welfare of his people? How can you live seeing you people starve? Suffering?! I can just imagine (and I'm pretty sure my imagination is 900000000000000000000000000000000000000000 milder than the reality on ground!) a society with no electricity; HOW THE FUXCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION??! Schools? Hospitals? Street Lights? Offices? No electricity in all those places? Are you fucxking kidding me? Then no drugs in the hospital! No books! Jesus! I watch the African Channel all the time and everytime the show focuses on Nigeria I'm just so disgusted! Then you see people on NL and other sites hailing incompetents like GEJ just because he's from their village? Are you kidding me?!

Ive read on all the aspirants and the only sane vote should be to Gen.Buhari. He has shown his hands at least three times, why cant Nigerians fuxcking see this?He had the chance to become a billionaire, probably, 5 times over in more than 30yrs but this man chose integrity and love of mother-land over anything else! Rumors have been spread about him being a religious fanatic; he has repeatedly refuted them. His household---even is wife---- is said to include christians, he chose a christian as running mate; A FREAKING PREACHER, what more is he supposed to do to show that he is not a religious fanatic as being falsely spread?! Maybe he needs to appeal to God to send down Jesus to campaign on his behalf!!!

He abhors corruption, he has shown he wont bow down to the west if it means his people will be trampled upon. What more do Nigerians want?!

Mr. Ribadu is another terrible choice. He cavorts with the same criminals supporting GEJ. Gen.Obasanjo is his puppeteer; he'll never prosecute him. GEJ pardoned him; will he ever prosecute him? His sponsor is a known major drug dealer, is he going to send him off to jail? For these reasons I believe he's just a pawn and he doesnt know it. GEJ, OBJ and co brought him back to Africa in order to split the votes in the North while I believe Mr.Bola Tinubu is using him in the same capacity---- and also to use him as a bargaining chip with Gen.Buhari since this election might very well be settled via a Run-Off.

Anyways, thats how I saw the characters in the book, and thats my stance for now. Like I said though, you can decide who is who in the book; depending on your outlook of events currently occurring in your country.

Yes, GEJ deserves to be Napoleon in my depiction; he's "quiet but has a way of forcefully and deceitfully getting his way" doesnt he?! Yup, GEJ is Napoleon!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
bashr4:

you see why you  are a fool ,considering your people top efcc record why  not make them the sheep and aondoakaa is not igbo u not-so-smart person

as for the post i didnt bother reading it , i already know nothin good will come out of that scum called bkbastard.

i wonder why such silly threads make front page ,this bkbastard should be hanged his hatred for igbos can no longer be tolorated every negative thing about igbo people on the internet can be traced to NL

You are getting very close to popping a vein, keep it up. I hope you pop one in your head though.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Katsumoto: 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Thanks man!

On the "I SPOKE TO THE MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN. . . . ."  topic,lol, what can I say? Lol. But, really, if that thread wasnt hijacked I would have shown (based on the discussion with the Ibo taxi driver) why I felt most of what Beaf was preaching at the time was "right". In hindsight, I'm happy the usual fights occurred before the thread could become meaningful because I now see that GEJ is the worst thing that can/might happen to Nigeria! Dude is a basket case!

As per the characters (okay lemme explain this is as best as I can), I believe, in Napoleon, you'll find little bits of every Nigerian thas has ever led the country. Notice that I made Old Major into Mr.Awolowo---- bottom-line the pigs are the elite, the rich, the ones dividing up the national pie amongst themselves etc whether you feel your man/their man  fought/fights for good or not; its now up to you to see the bottom-line: THE WAR IS BETWEEN THE RICH AND THE POOR; NOT TRIBES, RELIGION OR RACE!!! Its between those that will push a $350,000 Rolls Royce while the average Nigerian probably wont ever save enough to buy a steering wheel even if he lived to be 95yrs old, to talk of even buying a BRAND NEW car fresh off the lot!

So, seeing this, why would anyone vote in a man that has been the number two, then number one, in a govt that cannot provide electricity or a safe enough environment that is conducive for business. . . . business that would uplift the welfare of his people? How can you live seeing you people starve? Suffering?! I can just imagine (and I'm pretty sure my imagination is 900000000000000000000000000000000000000000 milder than the reality on ground!) a society with no electricity; HOW THE FUXCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FUNCTION??! Schools? Hospitals? Street Lights? Offices? No electricity in all those places? Are you fucxking kidding me? Then no drugs in the hospital! No books! Jesus! I watch the African Channel all the time and everytime the show focuses on Nigeria I'm just so disgusted! Then you see people on NL and other sites hailing incompetents like GEJ just because he's from their village? Are you kidding me?!

Ive read on all the aspirants and the only sane vote should be to Gen.Buhari. He has shown his hands at least three times, why cant Nigerians fuxcking see this?He had the chance to become a billionaire, probably, 5 times over in more than 30yrs but this man chose integrity and love of mother-land over anything else! Rumors have been spread about him being a religious fanatic; he has repeatedly refuted them. His household---even is wife---- is said to include christians, he chose a christian as running mate; A FREAKING PREACHER, what more is he supposed to do to show that he is not a religious fanatic as being falsely spread?! Maybe he needs to appeal to God to send down Jesus to campaign on his behalf!!!

He abhors corruption, he has shown he wont bow down to the west if it means his people will be trampled upon. What more do Nigerians want?!

Mr. Ribadu is another terrible choice. He cavorts with the same criminals supporting GEJ. Gen.Obasanjo is his puppeteer; he'll never prosecute him. GEJ pardoned him; will he ever prosecute him? His sponsor is a known major drug dealer, is he going to send him off to jail? For these reasons I believe he's just a pawn and he doesnt know it. GEJ, OBJ and co brought him back to Africa in order to split the votes in the North while I believe Mr.Bola Tinubu is using him in the same capacity---- and also to use him as a bargaining chip with Gen.Buhari since this election might very well be settled via a Run-Off.

Anyways, thats how I saw the characters in the book, and thats my stance for now. Like I said though, you can decide who is who in the book; depending on your outlook of events currently occurring in your country.

Yes, GEJ deserves to be Napoleon in my depiction; he's "quiet but has a way of forcefully and deceitfully getting his way" doesnt he?! Yup, GEJ is Napoleon!

There is little I can disagree with in this post.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EkoIle1: 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2011
This is a quality 5 STAR thread. Many kudos to the poster,

I think ibo = sheep sounds perfect though ,
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
Real men 'act' while ibo men whine? U're such a fool bkbastard. Stu'x'pid mudafuxcka
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
stereo:

Real men 'act' while ibo men whine? U're such a fool bkbastard. Stu'x'pid mudafuxcka

Right! And u still see that, where again? Just genetically programmed to hold on to the past arent 'cha?

Anyways, instead of beefing me, why dont you ensure that u live in a bribeless society, that has clean water, a fair Judicial System, efficient schools and industries, and oh, 24hr electricity. . . . . or u think those things are impossible?!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by fstranger3(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^

Waiting on God to provide those amenities!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^roflmao!!!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
Only people liking this thread is Yorubas.

Igbos, Edo, Hausa etc see this thread as trash. You can't even compare Animal Farm with Nigeria.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by 9ijaMan: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Waiting on God to provide those amenities!
GEJ has already asked us to keep praying. So we'll keep praying! grin grin

EzeUche_:

Igbos, Edo, Hausa etc see this thread as trash. You can't even compare Animal Farm with Nigeria.

Speak for yourself bro. I don't see the thread as thrash. You can take your leave if you are intellectually lazy and inept to flow with the thread. I'll advice you to read posts from others though. Just don't attempt to contribute.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is a quality 5 STAR thread. Many kudos to the poster,

Thanx man. Beyond the jokes and barbs we need to enlighten. Through Nigeria, Ive come to realize that there are a frighteningly high amount of ignorants on earth than not, and that illiteracy is the worst disease known to man.

Hopefully tho, some will "hear"!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

I wouldn't like it either, especially if it forces me to confront the truth about my place in Nigeria.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

Igbos, Edo, Hausa etc see this thread as trash.

Look at the bolded, do u notice what you did?

HOW DIFFERENT ARE YOU FROM THE SHEEP IN THE BOOK?!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by 9ijaMan: 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
Aigbofa:

I wouldn't like it either, especially if it forces me to confront the truth about my place in Nigeria.

LWKMDFHO!

By the way I'm enjoying everybit of it and I'm not Yoruba.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

. You can't even compare Animal Farm with Nigeria.

Right! What should i have compared it to? "Venice:The City"?!

Yup, the beautiful, utopian Nigerian society only you live in in ur head!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
What is intellectually lazy is to apply this book with Nigeria.

There was never a REVOLUTION in Nigeria like there was in the Russian Empire. That is one major component.

Now it is time for me to attack it from point to point. Since many of you do not even understand the novel Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

Now it is time for me to attack it from point to point.

No, what u need to do is attack your brain by pointing a Ruger to your head and squeezing the trigger.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2011
EzeUche_:

What is intellectually lazy is to apply this book with Nigeria.

There was never a REVOLUTION in Nigeria like there was in the Russian Empire. That is one major component.

Now it is time for me to attack it from point to point. Since many of you do not even understand the novel Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Just substitute the revolution with independence, maybe things can become a little clearer for you.

Or, you may want to think of Nigeria's ruling elite as the neo colonizers.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2011
Themes of Animal Farm

Communist Revolution = Soviet Russia

Nigeria has always been a capitalistic society since independence.

We haven't had purges in Nigeria like what happened in Soviet Russia under Stalin or in China during the Great Leap Forward by Mao Zedong.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
Where is the naive working class that is found in Animal Farm?

Last time I checked, Nigeria's unemployment is very high. The Nigerian populace has not been put to work, like what is found in Animal Farm or Soviet Russia.

Nigeria gains most of its wealth from oil. Making the country rely on "rents."
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
There is so much I can say about this simple analogy between Animal Farm and Nigeria.

Only the intellectually lazy will buy into this crap.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by ekubear1: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Nigerians are religious and ethnic bigots. Many southern Nigerians will never vote for Buhari in 1 million years, because he is a Muslim Fulani.

Hrm. You raise some good points regarding Ribadu. Though I must point out that Tinubu isn't/wasn't a drug dealer. Money launderer of drug money, yes. I agree with your analysis in bold. Honestly, the relationship between the Ribadu, OBJ, Tinubu, and GEJ is murky. Since Tinubu absolutely hates OBJ, I'm assuming that most of Ribadu's connections to OBJ and GEJ have diminished. But I'm not sure exactly.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by 9ijaMan: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
@EzeUche,
I thought you were warned not to contribute. I implored you to simply what others are contributing. See how you come expose you demeaning level of ignorance. Are you sure you are actually responding to the contributions made on this thread! Shoo shoo. . . go away. Go look for kiddies like you in other threads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN / Nigeria Needs $500m To Repair Refineries – NNPC.. As All Refineries Remain Shut. / Supreme Court Affirms Election Of Abdulazeez Yari As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.