Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Abortion Should Be Legalized. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortion Should Be Legalized. (12500 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) / Why Homo_sexuality Should Be Legalized. / 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Excessnation: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
What kind of fellow are you?? How can you compare abortion to rape. Are they the same?? Rape is forcefully haveing sex, while abortion is a thing of choice.
demmymoney:
Seems u people don't see abortion as murder why can't RAPE also b legalized because abortion requires the woman to discharge "foetus" so also is the man discharging "sperm" anytime he rapes.

And in the two cases of RAPE and ABORTION there's penetrative sex involved and for ABORTION the women claim it's their body right regardless of the other person involved in the penetrative sex so also for RAPE the men claim it's their body right regardless of the other person involved in the penetrative sex.....JUST LIKE IN THE TIMES OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH!!!!

Ciao!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
Excessnation:
The scripture still did not call out abortion as bad

Haven't u read about Wat happened in SODOM and Gomorrah, the scripture I quoted earlier just emphatically said they saw children like oppressors meaning they saw children like a burden.

Okay let's even accept abortion should be legalized

Then RAPE also b legalized because abortion requires the woman to discharge "foetus" so also is the man discharging "sperm" anytime he rapes.

And in the two cases of RAPE and ABORTION there's penetrative sex involved and for ABORTION the women claim it's their body right regardless of the other person involved in the penetrative sex so also for RAPE the men claim it's their body right regardless of the other person involved in the penetrative sex.....JUST LIKE IN THE TIMES OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH!!!!

Ciao!!!!
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
Excessnation:
What kind of fellow are you?? How can you compare abortion to rape. Are they the same?? Rape is forcefully haveing sex, while abortion is a thing of choice.

I can compare the two because both of them involve penetrative sex and again during abortion ur fellow abortionists don't input the rights of the man that donated the sperms to fertilizer her egg so also in rape the man doesn't input the woman's rights to have consexual sex with him

And in abortion the woman takes the life of the "foetus" And in rape the man takes the life of the sperm meaning in both cases DISCHARGE OCCURED.....since there's a consensus amongst the abortionists that foetus doesn't have a life on its own so also the sperm does not have a life on its own!!!!

SHEBI UNA THINK SAY U FIT RATIONALIZE ABORTION ME SEF I GO RATIONALIZE RAPE FOR UNA

RUBBISH!!!!

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by TheCork(m): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.
Our society is one that condemns single-motherhood...

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?
Your morals shouldn't dictate what others 'can' and 'can not' do.

Your faith doesn't permit abortion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Killing of an unborn baby hurts your heart?

Too bad! No one lives their life for you. Deal with the bitter truth!

People have the right to make decisions that wouldn't favor you.

angry
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by TheCork(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

.hell yea ...no man wants no gadddem hungry lookin childrens running around like somali rabbit.... I hate gadddem childrens.

.abortion will prevent womens from trapping mens!!!(real talk)
angry

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Lawly: 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
op this is a common sense thing na.

If you say you want to have the right to decide what to do with your body by committing abortion, do you want to tell me that you will now want to be conferred with the right to terminate the life of another person simply because it's your body? do you want to tell me that the person (unborn child) should not have a right also because you want to have your own right? are you not being wicked and selfish? did the unborn child put itself there in your womb'? why would you want to punish the child for your own act?
if your parents did same to you and you have opportunity in your spirit form to express yourself, how would you feel?

God has already warned us to avoid fornication. aborted children always results from fornication. no married couple would want to have abortion no matter what. Have you not heard that all lives belong to God and the government? don't you know the principle of law that says that your right ends where another person's right commences? Abortion is not part of the human rights envisaged by the great philosophers and theorists of law upon which modern international laws and many national laws were built upon bcs it runs contrary to the definition and meaning of a right.
These days people come out with all manners of things and start protesting that it should be recognized as their rights. I won't be surprised if in the near future terrorists too start advocating for the right to live and kill others.
That child has a right to life which overrides your assumed right. That has been ordained by both divine law and mortal laws. PLEASE RESPECT THAT.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
is God in charge of the constitution?

Seperate religion from your argument please.
constitution is useless without God. No madame, my religion forms my world view.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
In both cases, a person dies. And the perpetrator still goes to jail.

A new born has the necessary functions to exist on it's own, not a foetus. .
yes in both cases a person dies but one was intentional and the other was by accident.
By the way dieing by accident doesn't mean manslaughter. A foetus can be aborted simply by nature that is not murder neither is it manslaughter.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
MhisTahrah:
How can you compare abortion to rape?
both are the same infact abortion is even worst because it involves taking the life of another.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
livingchrist:
both are the same infact abortion is even worst because it involves taking the life of another.

U are right brotherly both are fundamentally wrong but since this mad people want to choose sides I believe rape is even better than abortion because we have rape victims but I have never seen an abortion victim before (ie the foetus doesn't live to tell his or her story)
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
Excessnation:
The scripture still did not call out abortion as bad
the scripture does not call murder bad?
There is a curse upon anyone who causes subversion.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2020
Excessnation:
abortion is the choice to murder somebody

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Kelgabriel5(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

Because of religion?

Great! Don't do it.

How do you people sleep after killing babies/humans/embryos whichever u choose to call them. The fact is there is a human life involved. If you cannot consider their own choice to life then right to abortion is a selfish right that has nothing humane about it. No amount of explanation u can do will convince me that that baby/life u want to terminate does not deserve a shot at life. Then murder should be legalized too cos I cannot fathom a reason to take away any human life at any stage of evolution.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Lawly: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

Yes u are right but even though we don't have good adoption system WE WILL NEVER MAKE ABORTION LEGAL!!!!!

Infact why can't u fight for strong adoption policies?

my dear there are motherless babies homes all over the country. some of the children there, their parents are still alive. I Know bcs I had one of those orphanage homes as my client. some people who can't take care of their children keep them in the orphanage homes and even consent to the children adopted away sometimes on terms.
Have you ever heard of the department of social works? that is the government's orphanage house. just that people these days don't bother to have information.
So, please there's no excuse for abortion.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lawly:

my dear there are motherless babies homes all over the country. some of the children there, their parents are still alive. I Know bcs I had one of those orphanage homes as my client. some people who can't take care of their children keep them in the orphanage homes and even consent to the children adopted away sometimes on terms.
Have you ever heard of the department of social works? that is the government's orphanage house. just that people these days don't bother to have information.
So, please there's no excuse for abortion.

Thank u jhare u have sense better sense sef unlike some mad abortionists here mtscheww!!!
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

U are right brotherly both are fundamentally wrong but since this mad people want to choose sides I believe rape is even better than abortion because we have rape victims but I have never seen an abortion victim before (ie the foetus doesn't live to tell his or her story)
that is because the foundation of their clamor is selfishness and self centeredness. Me me me me is what they are all about.
They want the right to do whatever they want but dont want to take responsibilities for their actions. They rather murder a thousand babies than stop fornication, they want the right to take babies right simply because they think they own the babies forgetting that all lives belong to God and nobody has the right to take another's life.
Look at fumi trying to remove God from the discourse while the other one is trying to deny scriptural standpoint on murder no wonder they all embracing atheism because it gives them the liberty that they want which is self pleasure and spiritual lawlessness.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by specialmati(m): 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
instead of preaching chastity you want abortion legalized na wa for you.all this shading of innocent blood no they tire una.you are looking for a way out when the right thing should have been done.anyone that support abortion is a murderer weather he or she admits it.and the person should have been aborted too.evil minds every where.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Emarvel(m): 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Will you be held responsible if she dies during the process? Definitely I'll be responsible for my own child.
And what about those that die during childbirth; Did you hold anyone responsible?
And also what about the successful abortion, any reason to wail?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
livingchrist:
that is because the foundation of their clamor is selfishness and self centeredness. Me me me me is what they are all about.
They want the right to do whatever they want but dont want to take responsibilities for their actions. They rather murder a thousand babies than stop fornication, they want the right to take babies right simply because they think they own the babies forgetting that all lives belong to God and nobody has the right to take another's life.
Look at fumi trying to remove God from the discourse while the other one is trying to deny scriptural standpoint on murder no wonder they all embracing atheism because it gives them the liberty that they want which is self pleasure and spiritual lawlessness.

Yes brotherly, I was once tending towards atheism until I received light that truly God exists. In atheism anything goes no standard for morality,no moral compass all because of their perverted beliefs and thoughts.

Atheism said religion killed more people in history than any other thing but atheists, radicalized feminists want to be killing babies camouflaging under reproductive rights they can't even call themselves ABORTIONISTS..... Mad people!!!!!

Atheism is the dumbest belief ever because without God there will be no atheist!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2020
Emarvel:

And what about those that die during childbirth; Did you hold anyone responsible?
And also what about the successful abortion, any reason to wail?
Child birth is not abortion. Of course, there is successful abortion but, a responsible woman shouldn't kill her unborn child.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by specialmati(m): 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

Yes brotherly, I was once tending towards atheism until I received light that truly God exists. In atheism anything goes no standard for morality,no moral compass all because of their perverted beliefs and thoughts.

Atheism said religion killed more people in history than any other thing but atheists, radicalized feminists want to be killing babies camouflaging under reproductive rights they can't even call themselves ABORTIONISTS..... Mad people!!!!!

Atheism is the dumbest belief ever because without God there will be no atheist!!!!!
this is good dont mind those evil minded humans. they won't do the right thing only to suggest an evil way of getting out of their evil deeds.thank you

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Hermes119: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lawly:
op this is a common sense thing na.

If you say you want to have the right to decide what to do with your body by committing abortion, do you want to tell me that you will now want to be conferred with the right to terminate the life of another person simply because it's your body? do you want to tell me that the person (unborn child) should not have a right also because you want to have your own right? are you not being wicked and selfish? did the unborn child put itself there in your womb'? why would you want to punish the child for your own act?
if your parents did same to you and you have opportunity in your spirit form to express yourself, how would you feel?

God has already warned us to avoid fornication. aborted children always results from fornication. no married couple would want to have abortion no matter what. Have you not heard that all lives belong to God and the government? don't you know the principle of law that says that your right ends where another person's right commences? Abortion is not part of the human rights envisaged by the great philosophers and theorists of law upon which modern international laws and many national laws were built upon bcs it runs contrary to the definition and meaning of a right.
These days people come out with all manners of things and start protesting that it should be recognized as their rights. I won't be surprised if in the near future terrorists too start advocating for the right to live and kill others.
That child has a right to life which overrides your assumed right. That has been ordained by both divine law and mortal laws. PLEASE RESPECT THAT.

You guys make it look like the woman slashes the babies throat. In abortion the foetus is simply removed from the woman's body,yes it dies in the process because it can not survive ON ITS OWN which shows it isn't human being just yet and I can't pick the life of an undeveloped human over the life and comfort of the mother who it is totally dependent on
This is one of my prospectives on the issue

5 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Erojepromise(f): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
op l second your motion " abortion should be legalized" those girls bashing you and preaching the gospel are hypocrites , check well most girls who carry religious beliefs concerning have engaged in pre marital sex and have usually done an abortion.
Abortion should be legalized on the basis that girls who don't have the resources to cater for a child are forced to bear the challenges or if the pregnancy is unwanted of course girls that have been sexually harassed and therefore impregnated . also the stigma that society place on single mothers should stop and be a part of the reasons abortion should be legalized. Also proper education should be given to females on the use of contraceptives and protection to avoid pregnancy and standard facilities and well trained medical practitioners should be introduced in the society . enough of that religious big

5 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hermes119:

You guys make it look like the woman slashes the babies throat. In abortion the foetus is simply removed from the woman's body,yes it dies in the process because it can not survive ON ITS OWN which shows it isn't human being just yet and I can't pick the life of an undeveloped human over the life and comfort of the mother who it is totally dependent on
This is one of my prospectives on the issue

No problem nah, then rape should also b legalized ahbi

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
Erojepromise:
op l second your motion " abortion should be legalized" those girls bashing you and preaching the gospel are hypocrites , check well most girls who carry religious beliefs concerning have engaged in pre marital sex and have usually done an abortion.
Abortion should be legalized on the basis that girls who don't have the resources to cater for a child are forced to bear the challenges or if the pregnancy is unwanted of course girls that have been sexually harassed and therefore impregnated . also the stigma that society place on single mothers should stop and be a part of the reasons abortion should be legalized. Also proper education should be given to females on the use of contraceptives and protection to avoid pregnancy and standard facilities and well trained medical practitioners should be introduced in the society . enough of that religious big

Please oh first of all if we want to legalize abortion we should also consider legalization of rape

Cos I don't know why the energy abortionists use to clamour for legalization of abortion is very high compared to the energy they use in clamouring for sex education, contraceptives,strong adoption policies,Sterilization......

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Hermes119: 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

No problem nah, then rape should also b legalized ahbi
I've chosen not to respond to ur comparison between rape and abortion bit since u have engaged me I will

I agree that abortion leads to death so a harm is done,but what I am saying is that the PROs of removing an UNWANTED pregnancy especially at its earliest stages(within the first 2months) outweighs the CONs of carrying it to full term ,having and raising a child unprepared, something that poses a risk to the life and the quality of living of the mother and the child that would be brought into the world.

In the case of rape the PRO is simply the sexual gratification which the man enjoys for a few minutes,the CONs include the psychological, emotional and physical trauma the woman faces for the rest of her life,she might even get infected with a deadly STI and die in the process so her life is even at threat. So clearly the CONs outweigh the PRO hence I consider it wrong.

The only argument I can consider valid against abortion is from the perspective of "THE SANCTITY OF LIFE" which posits that human life is sacred and shouldn't be taken without a justifiable cause,but as I already pointed out,I consider it justifiable to remove an unwanted pregnancy because by my own assessment the PROs outweigh the CONs .
This doesn't mean I lack empathy towards the defenseless foetuses cos I was once like that but I'm not narrow minded or sentimental, I'm being Logical

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hermes119:

I've chosen not to respond to ur comparison between rape and abortion bit since u have engaged me I will

I agree that ABORTION LEADS TO DEATH so a harm is done,but what I am saying is that the PROs of removing an UNWANTED pregnancy especially at its earliest stages(within the first 2months) outweighs the CONs of carrying it to full term ,having and raising a child unprepared, something that poses a risk to the life and the quality of living of the mother and the child that would be brought into the world.

In the case of rape the PRO is simply the sexual gratification which the man enjoys for a few minutes,the CONs include the psychological, emotional and physical trauma the woman faces for the rest of her life,she might even get infected with a deadly STI and die in the process so her life is even at threat. So clearly the CONs outweigh the PRO hence I consider it wrong.

The only argument I can consider valid against abortion is from the perspective of "THE SANCTITY OF LIFE" which posits that human life is sacred and shouldn't be taken without a justifiable cause,but as I already pointed out,I consider it justifiable to remove an unwanted pregnancy because by my own assessment the PROs outweigh the CONs .
This doesn't mean I lack empathy towards the defenseless foetuses cos I was once like that but I'm not narrow minded or sentimental, I'm being Logical

Thank God u just practically said Abortion is murder in the highlighted bolded statement above.....

Rape and abortion is the same because they both involve penetrative sex, they don't consider the opposite person involved in the penetrative sex rights or opinions and they both pass through the process of DISCHARGE.

MOREOVER BOTH FOETUS AND SPERM ARE NOT CONSIDERED HUMAN LIFE
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
livingchrist:
I'm tired of the incessant explanations. Read this very carefully because it is my last reply to y'all Bible-thumping pro-lifers on this thread.Rape can never be and is not the same as abortion. I'm speechless rn, like seriously?Your zombieism is on another level entirely. If you're so passionate about giving every pregnancy a chance irrespective of how it came about, level of preparedness of parent(s), mental health of parents, derailment of mother's life, economic situation of parents and so on, please offer to have the foetus transferred to you.Carry it to term and adopt it, goodbye.

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by demmymoney(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I'm tired of the incessant explanations. Read this very carefully because it is my last reply to y'all Bible-thumping pro-lifers on this thread.Rape can never be and is not the same as abortion. I'm speechless rn, like seriously?Your zombieism is on another level entirely. If you're so passionate about giving every pregnancy a chance irrespective of how it came about, level of preparedness of parent(s), mental health of parents, derailment of mother's life, economic situation of parents and so on, please offer to have the foetus transferred to you.Carry it to term and adopt it, goodbye.

Regardless if we can not advocate for more sex education, contraceptives,Strong adoption policies, Sterilization....then we can never make abortion legal cos I don't understand why u are such A PASSIONATE ABORTIONIST CAMOUFLAGING UNDER REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS

And if u still insist on being a Passionate Abortionist I will always b here to give u rationale about making RAPE LEGAL!!!

goodbye!!

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kelgabriel5:

How do you people sleep after killing babies/humans/embryos whichever u choose to call them. The fact is there is a human life involved. If you cannot consider their own choice to life then right to abortion is a selfish right that has nothing humane about it. No amount of explanation u can do will convince me that that baby/life u want to terminate does not deserve a shot at life. Then murder should be legalized too cos I cannot fathom a reason to take away any human life at any stage of evolution.
I hope you're this passionate support single mother?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

Regardless if we can not advocate for more sex education, contraceptives,Strong adoption policies, Sterilization....then we can never make abortion legal cos I don't understand why u are such A PASSIONATE ABORTIONIST CAMOUFLAGING UNDER REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS

And if u still insist on being a Passionate Abortionist I will always b here to give u rationale about making RAPE LEGAL!!!

goodbye!!
Sterilization? I completely agree.
Sex education? Did it stop you from fornicating?
No contraceptive is 100% effective.
Strong policies? Don't women get raped? Was it a choice?
Twelfthman:

So in other words it is better to KILL an unborn child than give birth to it. Don't sugarcoat or twist it. It is murder!
It's better to kill an embryo than to let a girl give birth to a child she would dump in a bin or throw in the gutter.
Or end up hating.
A child that would simply suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Hermes119: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
demmymoney:

Thank God u just practically said Abortion is murder in the highlighted bolded statement above.....

Rape and abortion is the same because they both involve penetrative sex, they don't consider the opposite person involved in the penetrative sex rights or opinions and they both pass through the process of DISCHARGE.

MOREOVER BOTH FOETUS AND SPERM ARE NOT CONSIDERED HUMAN LIFE

Did I say abortion is murder,don't u know the distinction between killing and murder,do you have comprehension problems . I don't know if I can keep responding u seem incapable of having an coherent conversation and I'm not ready for back and forth

Can I also say that since you eat Chicken you are a murderer because u don't consider the right to life of the chicken ?

I can not consider the life of a foetus that can fit into my palm ahead of a full grown woman who is being inconvenienced and whose future is threatened whether u consider it a human or not,whether u regard it as murder or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Likes Sex Too Much...good Or Bad? / When A Girl Buys You Chocolate! / 4 frivolous Reasons Why Guys Should Stop Reverse Cowgirl Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.