Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,575 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Abortion Should Be Legalized. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortion Should Be Legalized. (12453 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) / Why Homo_sexuality Should Be Legalized. / 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

They should give birth to the baby, and as they might not be financially ready to take care of the child, the child should be taken care of by the Church until the mother is ready.

A child is a gift, no matter how it came about.
No it is not. It is a crying, Shitting, dependent burden. The church is not a parent, a charity, an orphanage or a nanny. Children are expensive to raise. A majorreason why we have so many hoodlums around is because someone made poor decisions years ago and brought a child onto the world that he/she was not ready to raise properly, believing that God will provide.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Very disappointing argument
ePoster:
virginprincess
and the rate of unwanted children would reduce. People already fornicate. Corruption?
if it's legalized, why would anyone go to a quack doctor?
fornication is a big sin before God. Since we can't stop that, let's address the topic of quelling it's negative effects.
Is self_defense also murder?
Plus I'm an atheist. Convince me with something else.
nope.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
No it is not. It is a crying, Shitting, dependent burden. The church is not a parent, a charity, an orphanage or a nanny. Children are expensive to raise. A majorreason why we have so many hoodlums around is because someone made poor decisions years ago and brought a child onto the world that he/she was not ready to raise properly, believing that God will provide.

You think hoodlums is because of what exactly? Hoodlum is a result of bad parenting.

And it is the duty of the church to take of children born from rape, or children whose mothers have nothing to take care of them. If your church don't do it, well that's bad. Means they're are not following the ways if our Lord.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
[s][/s]

Another frustrated devil's advocate!

If you mean well, how about advising people to abstain from premarital sex?
Is that the only way girls become pregnant?

4 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

Never said you're an atheist, and if you are, well that's between you and God.

You have no right to kill a soul. God molded that being in you, it was a gift from him. Killing it is disobeying God and bringing curse to yourself.
Self defense must also be a sin, right?
How about women whose life are endangered by the baby?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
Self defense must also be a sin, right?
How about women whose life are endangered by the baby?
Endangered how?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

You think hoodlums is because of what exactly? Hoodlum is a result of bad parenting.

And it is the duty of the church to take of children born from rape, or children whose mothers have nothing to take care of them. If your church don't do it, well that's bad. Means they're are not following the ways if our Lord.
The ways of the lord? How many christians follow that path?
The issue isn't what the church should do but if they are doing it.
The answer is no!
So bring up another idea.

7 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

The Church's duty is to take care of your rejects, really?!!!

How much do you pay your church to look after such children? Compare that to how much you spend to raise your own children(if you have any), then divide that by the number of children this church is supposed to raise.

You sound entitled in that comment. A child is meant to be raised by willing parent's to be contributing members of society, not by an institution whose purpose is to provide moral guidance.

I don't blame you for your thinking tho. Since the church likes preaching against fornication and abortion, maybe the church deserves to raise abandoned children that would have been spared much suffering if a condom was used or an abortion done. That should be their punishment.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by LotaTee: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

And you call yourself a Christian?
No dear, I'm not a Christian.I don't have any hypocritical religious beliefs clouding my sense of reasoning.

9 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2020
LotaTee:
No dear, I'm not a Christian.I don't have any hypocritical religious beliefs clouding my sense of reasoning.

OK.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

Endangered how?
Preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placenta praevia, abruptio placentae, post partum depression, post partum psychosis, making her prone to many diseases and putting her life at risk especially during childbirth. I can mention more.

You obviously have no experience with pregnancy and pregnant women.

Go and google maternal mortality rate in Nigeria and then for developed countries like germany, them come back and type reasonably.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

Endangered how?
Healthwise.
If complications arise that would threaten the wellbeing of the woman, can she have an abortion?
Things aren't black and white.
If a thirteen year old is raped by her father and she becomes pregnant, a risk to her health. I see no reason why she can't have an abortion. Take christianity away, why is aborting a baby so wrong?
And if the girl survives, how good a mother do you think she would be? A child raising another. The baby would grow up begging alongside it's mother to eat. It wouldn't have a standard education or healthcare.
Who want's to live like that?
Do you think the baby would grow with love and care? or most likely hate?
How many people would support her? The hypocritical Nigerians who blame rape victims? The fraudulent churches around? The government? Even her family would case her away.

6 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:

How much do you pay your church to look after such children? Compare that to how much you spend to raise your own children(if you have any), then divide that by the number of children this church is supposed to raise.

You sound entitled in that comment. A child is meant to be raised by willing parent's to be contributing members of society, not by an institution whose purpose is to provide moral guidance.

I don't blame you for your thinking tho. Since the church likes preaching against fornication and abortion, maybe the church deserves to raise abandoned children that would have been spared much suffering if a condom was used or an abortion done. That should be their punishment.

Hmm. First I answered a question based on a raped girl, I said she should go ahead and birth the child and give it to the church If she won't be able to take care of the child(in my church Catholic church, there are Rev sisters in charge of taking care of these kind of babies) it is the duty of the church.

What I'm trying to tell you here is that a child is a gift from God, and shall never be killed. Let the child grow, teach him the ways of the Lord, the sins of the mother shall not be transferred to the child.

Fornication or no fornication, God is a merciful and forgiving God. He said even if our sin is as black as a coal he'll make it as white as a snow.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by LotaTee: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
May God punish all abortionists!

They're even worse than ritualists!
TF?

7 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
Preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, placenta praevia, abruptio placentae, post partum depression, post partum psychosis, making her prone to many diseases and putting her life at risk especially during childbirth. I can mention more.

You obviously have no experience with pregnancy and pregnant women.

Go and google maternal mortality rate in Nigeria and then for developed countries like germany, them come back and type reasonably.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
Healthwise.
If complications arise that would threaten the wellbeing of the woman, can she have an abortion?
Things aren't black and white.
If a thirteen year old is raped by her father and she becomes pregnant, a risk to her health. I see no reason why she can't have an abortion. Take christianity away, why is aborting a baby so wrong?
And if the girl survives, how good a mother do you think she would be? A child raising another. The baby would grow up begging alongside it's mother to eat. It wouldn't have a standard education or healthcare.
Who want's to live like that?
Do you think the baby would grow with love and care? or most likely hate?
How many people would support her? The hypocritical Nigerians who blame rape victims? The fraudulent churches around? The government? Even her family would case her away.

The thing ia so many people have lost their ways, they don't want to see the spiritual part of things, only the physical part.

How can I continue with this conversation when you already asked me to take Christianity away.

And you think there would not be any problems while this "13 year old" tries to abort this baby? There won't be complications at all?

The best thing is to trust in God honestly.
But alas, a lot of us have lost our ways, and have no faith in God at all.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by LotaTee: 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

Hmm. First I answered a question based on a raped girl, I said she should go ahead and birth the child and give it to the church If she won't be able to take care of the child(in my church Catholic church, there are Rev sisters in charge of taking care of these kind of babies) it is the duty of the church.

What I'm trying to tell you here is that a child is a gift from God, and shall never be killed. Let the child grow, teach him the ways of the Lord, the sins of the mother shall not be transferred to the child.

Fornication or no fornication, God is a merciful and forgiving God. He said even if our sin is as black as a coal he'll make it as white as a snow.

All the street hoodlums, serial killers, rapists, murderers were gifts too, what went wrong?

9 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by cooooooks(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
Fully in support.

The option to get an abortion must exist.

Especially if the government won't take care of all bills involved with pregnancy and raising a child.

7 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:

you are contradicting yourself, you said the church is a moral compass yet at the same time against the church preaching against fornication and abortion/murder?

If fornication reduces, will it not eliminate the need for abortion or you want fornication to increase so you can spill innocent child's blood.
Something tells me you are a medical practitioner who benefits from murder/ abortion you have to repent madam.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.
Our society is one that condemns single-motherhood...

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?
Your morals shouldn't dictate what others 'can' and 'can not' do.

Your faith doesn't permit abortion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Killing of an unborn baby hurts your heart?

Too bad! No one lives their life for you. Deal with the bitter truth!

People have the right to make decisions that wouldn't favor you.

They shud have aborted u so we can have less ppl to worry about.. don't u think?.. bro I'm really surprised u posted this.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
Something is wrong with this generation, human life means nothing to them.
Babies are the most vulnerable in the society, they need protection and care not bloody abortionist looking for ways to eliminate them.
Abstinence is key but humanity is selfish, self centered and destructive they only celebrate their depravity. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
livingchrist:
Babies are the most vulnerable in the society, they need protection and care not bloody abortionist looking for ways to eliminate them.
Abstinence is key but humanity is selfish, self centered and destructive they only celebrate their depravity. Smh
I hope you keep the same energy when a baby is abandoned on your doorstep. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by livingchrist: 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I hope you keep the same energy when a baby is abandoned on your doorstep. cheesy
then killing them is the solution?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2020
livingchrist:
But you said protection and care na.There are millions of homeless children experiencing harsh living conditions in Nigeria. Ensure your protection and care get to them.

11 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
I support abortion 100%. A young lady threw her new born baby last month in the rubbish bin along my street.

If that child had survived, I don't see how that child is going to live knowing that it's mother threw it away like trash.

That's why I shake my head when people scream pro-life especially here in Nigeria. To me they're not pro-life but pro-birth. After the child's birth they won't care anymore or help the mother, as long as the child is alive and suffering, they're okay.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

Rape is not the only cause for abortion, broaden your horizon. .

So why do evil people have children if they are gifts from God? God said be fruitful and multiply! That is not a gift. It is a duty

If every child is a gift from God, then every mango, yam and cockroach is also a gift from God too.

8 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
livingchrist:
I'll tell all those unwilling mother's to start abandoning children at your doorstep since you are their defender

Just type your address here.

You will soon be mother of nations

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
livingchrist:
A pregnancy, and a baby are 2 different things

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

They shud have aborted u so we can have less ppl to worry about.. don't u think?.. bro I'm really surprised u posted this.
let me redirect your energy back to you.

They should have aborted you too.

Why waste all that money on a child who cannot think for himself or thinks that trolling is a sign of intelligence.

9 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
livingchrist:
abortion is not murder biko!!

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by TheCork(m): 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.
Our society is one that condemns single-motherhood...

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?
Your morals shouldn't dictate what others 'can' and 'can not' do.

Your faith doesn't permit abortion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Killing of an unborn baby hurts your heart?

Too bad! No one lives their life for you. Deal with the bitter truth!

People have the right to make decisions that wouldn't favor you.

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sex In The Strangest Of Places... (pics) / I Always Feel The Need To Suck A Big Black Peniss / Lady Teaches Nigerian Women What To Do To Anal Sex Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.