Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62790 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

They have no usefulness at all, none.

In many cases, once the woman starts earning considerable amount of money, the men abandon breadwinning for them and start spending their money on frivolities like carrying girls up and down.

Only them want to boss women around and expect submission from women but the same women must be earning money to feed them an pay their bills, these same women must throw away their fathers name after marriage and start bearing the name of a man she is feeding and paying his bills.
This one is a single mother. This is the same attitude that leave her a single mother Hahah

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by shomutuski(m): 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

a woman money is not to be shared but a mans money is yours abi

eleeribu werey

6 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by ZinoFasisi: 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

Wow, just wow. So as a mother, a woman should not share and spend some of her own money on her own children

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

Very rare. And the ones that do die early too. Sorry for yourself!
Men die out of pressure to provide with little or no assistance,the life span of a man is cut short that's why in a marriage the lady lives longer and it is due to mental, physical,pschycological pressure of target mounted upon him.If u don't get this then I think maybe you are not matured enough to comprehend adulthood information.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by chrisj2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
For the men, it is liabilities everywhere... Some of the younger women cannot even cook properly, they are wasteful and soon let themselves go... If not for children, I will not be married because the sex is not even good - not with a fat 20 something woman who is loathe to exercise or eating sensibly. She has used my money to overfeed herself and now wants me to spend a whole load of money helping her shed the weight and still find her attractive. I did not realise that it was hunger that made her slim even after having a child before - now I know. And the family wahala too - on both sides; women no care about men at all. Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop...

8 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
WeRblessed:
Sorry to say this as a woman, but please my brother, don't marry a woman without a job or handwork. If all she can offer is sex, cook and clean dump her!
May God bless you. You don't have to be sorry, any bitter lady here who does not like your comment should go and die.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

It's because they can milk the cow without buying it. To be frank, it's the women that caused the problem in the first place. If they could all close their legs, we won't be having this discussion. Because men will work to have that pussy.
Same way women will work to have that dick!
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by rapcy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by humilitypays(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

It's because they can milk the cow without buying it. To be frank, it's the women that caused the problem in the first place. If they could all close their legs, we won't be having this discussion. Because men will work to have that pussy.
Not the truth sister.......the truth is, global economy is not smiling....its taking a torn on men.....remember in the past, most women were at home caring for the kids and taking care of the home, leaving the jobs for the men to work and earn money they take back home to their wives and kids....but the case is totally different today; more single ladies are gainfully employed now than single guys.....it now take extra effort from single guys to find their feet financially, and by then, most have clocked 40yrs......while the ladies they were supposed to marry are earning good salaries and income and refused to marry the guys who are not earning fat like them.....this created an inbalance situation in our society.

Either women go back to the house and cater for kids and do house chores and leave the jobs for the guys to do and bring back the money or they must accept the gender equality in roles and in financial spending and caring for the home and even in settling the marriage rites.....only this can solve the problem, not ladies closing their legs which is not possible because they too fantasize about sex, they even enjoy sex more just that nature bestowed them with more self control, if not, ladies for de rape men everyday because they enjoy sex more than men, if you are a lady who have dated a guy you cherish, you will agree with me that sex is sweeter to ladies than to guys......guys just lack self control towards sex, all thanks to nature, and its for a purpose of the nature also cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2020
DenreleDave:

Are you okay?

Which one is useless people
She's refering to her father, brother, uncle and all the males in her family.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

This kind of mentality is the reason why when you eventually that kind of man, you automatically become his slave, and he'll never honor or regard you

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
Churchill6767:

Shameless leech.

Leave the pest alone
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Sarita01(f): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Smart comment, many men in Nigeria are depending 100percent on their wives but women don't announce it because of shame, if a man is the one supporting his wife 100percent, he go insult her tire.
Men are naturally selfish and self centered creatures

That's why they keep demanding heaven and earth from women but don't want to give anything back.
True,they don't give anything back,they're like a black hole sucking up every thing but giving back nothing,a man in my area beats his wife everyday,forming alpha male on her even when everyone knows she out earns him and provides basically everything in the house,even gives him money to fund his business but he can't even give her love(that is free),he can't give back respect,he can't give back appreciation,he can't give back peace of mind,he can't give back attention,he practically couldn't give back things that are free,then how can he give back things that are worth money. Babe,only give all of you to a man who gives you all of himself,choose yourself above others. No concessions allowed only compromise

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by THUNDER4real(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Fussion1000:

Mr interpreter, I refer you back to the verse, and take cognisance of pronoun used.........HE.......I will also refer you back to ur primary school, study more about pronouns and how to use them

Let come back to bible & culture, ...I beliv in ur family ,its woman that use to 'own' family.

Go and get work and start taking care of family sir.

See I know some guys who their ages range from 36......50 and yet no plan for marriage, the only obstacle is income, many of those guys were biggest boys in town in *yesteryears, fast forward to future, they find it difficult to get directions in life.

If you don't want ur own to be 'directionless too, its not too late.
Olodo have you forgotten that in the bible,... HE..can be referred to male/ female. you are just reading the text. small boy, go and read the whole chapter ask God for interpretation. Stop spewing your ignorance here.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

Young lady please, you're expression oozes of sheer ignorance and I can assure you if you go into marriage with this mindset you'll have issues o, be wise
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by jikins(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:

What you typed up there use to happen 2000 years ago not this 21 century
We already have independent girls now
I'm sure you come across them when you go out don't you envy them too.?
Just this morning I saw a girl driving a Benz E class
And here you are, aspiring to be a full house wife
When you husband money is gone you as a wife you're expected to support him now tell me how do you want to support him when you sit your ass at home all day
Doing nothing all in the name of house wife.
After sometimes without him dropping anything at home you will later frustrate his life
And from there problem will set in ...
Girls of nowadays I don't know maybe you think with your pusssy. Girls like you are just a piece of junk angry

Chai no chill at all. But raw truth
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by bizhop01: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
Even Jeff bezos the richest man on earth wife didn't sit at home, this is 2020 you better wake up and dump your poor African mentality

Team i need billionaire husband but i don't even have ordinary transport fare.

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
deewhydoski:

So it is a man money that is to be shared. I don't know why u guys keep quoting all these 18 to 20 years old girls
With 200 naira data to browse
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Men die out of pressure to provide with little or no assistance,the life span of a man is cut short that's why in a marriage the lady lives longer and it is due to mental, physical,pschycological pressure of target mounted upon him.If u don't get this then I think maybe you are not matured enough to comprehend adulthood information.

And women don't have mental,physical and psychological pressure down to the pressure of getting married or having well-brought up kids while going to work with pregnancy and still ensure the smooth running of her home? You must be brainless. If you like don't eat well and stop smoking, drinking, and having sex up and down, you will die early.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:

Full house what!!!! angry
Girls like you are just a piece of shit TF angry

Valueless and a liability to men

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Prolific007(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
If I may ask a woman's money is not supposed to be shared by her husband I understand but what about her children?? You see where you dumb gals want to keep wallowin' in fantasy and stuupidity right
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by DenreleDave(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gabkosh:
She's refering to her father, brother, uncle and all the males in her family.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
This post just remind me of a girl I was dating. She was in year two then. So we were conversing one day at her campus's love garden then she said something that made me raise my eyebrows lol. She said whoever that is going to marry her will take up her school sponsorship from year three then they'll get married after her graduation. That was when I knew am not the only one dating this girl. I had to take my three point and jakpa grin

Cc lefulefu
it would be easier for a fat cow to pass through the eye of a needle than for a nigerian lady to be dating one guy grin grin grin grin
at least the naija lady would have a guy she likes that she is dating then having another that might be providing her sex then another that is providing her money grin grin grin..if she is a student she will have one brilliant student that will be helping her do her school work and dat one will be hoping to get into her pant..then she wll have a nice guy who is dedicated to her as reserve in case the main guy she really likes disappoints grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:
I like this thread, because it shows that men also seek financial support from their partners. Be it present or in future. Let’s normalize having expectations from our partners. grin

Men not marrying because women are broke? Nah! I don’t think that applies to most of those men. The unemployed women even marry faster.

You can’t be 33, looking for financial support from your spouse and go for a 21yrs old girl. When you were 21, did you know your left from your right? Be using your head in this relationship abi na marriage something.

Thank God you know, reason men delay in getting married is "Expectation".
these expectation ranges from culture to societal to inlaw, even family & friends. As the man everyone expect you to be the provider.
No reasonable man would want to go into marriage with the hope of " my wife will support me". a man is aware, support from a woman is a threat to his dominance on a short run or long run. so men just simply wait till when dey feel they're capable or look for one low class gurl that settles it. when those gurls to get you your age they will know grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Talkingoil(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't you ever in your miserable life insult my parent again, i don't joke with them, if your parent didn't teach you manners then look for who will teach you, miserable he-goat.
Take the correction being given to you
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by stacyadams: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Gabkosh:
This one is a single mother. This is the same attitude that leave her a single mother Hahah
grin grin cheesy

Deep down ,she sef know
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
humilitypays:
Not the truth sister.......the truth is, global economy is not smiling....its taking a torn on men.....remember in the past, most women were at home caring for the kids and taking care of the home, leaving the jobs for the men to work and earn money they take back home to their wives and kids....but the case is totally different today; more single ladies are gainfully employed now than single guys.....it now take extra effort from single guys to find their feet financially, and by then, most have clocked 40yrs......while the ladies they were supposed to marry are earning good salaries and income and refused to marry the guys who are not earning fat like them.....this created an inbalance situation in our society.

Either women go back to the house and cater for kids and do house chores and leave the jobs for the guys to do and bring back the money or they must accept the gender equality in roles and in financial spending and caring for the home and even in settling the marriage rites.....only this can solve the problem, not ladies closing their legs which is not possible because they too fantasize about sex, they even enjoy sex more just that nature bestowed them with more self control, if not, ladies for de rape men everyday because they enjoy sex more than men, if you are a lady who have dated a guy you cherish, you will agree with me that sex is sweeter to ladies than to guys......guys just lack self control towards sex, all thanks to nature, and its for a purpose of the nature also cool

Even during famines in the past, men didn't change their resolve to get married. So, it's not economy anything. There is simply no motivation, because they get everything free of charge now. Even with the so-called boyfriend and girlfriend relationship where someone will be getting free sex without paying bride price. Remove free sex, let me see if men will not hustle to take back the work from women.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Liposure: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
omoharry:
You guys on nairaland are really confused bunch of people .. Wetin una want sef?
Women dey financial independent, una go run away & call them feminist ,una go sey they are too independent minded . Then una see student or unemployed ladies with no money ,una go still complain sey they are olosho or leeches .Wetin una want ? One thing has to give .. Its either you have a liberal mind to date an independent woman where there is no master and slave relationship or go for the one that has no money that will be totally submissive to you ; where you can be the man of the house .
Most men prefer when they are in charge of all affairs in the home, especially in the areas of finance.They don't like it when thier women earn more than them...It makes them highly insecured and less relevant..so they rather date a woman they earn better than ..So guys eople want?
though i understand my role as a man in the union, i'd still want a supportive wife not just any wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by stacyadams: 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
lefulefu:
it would be easier for a fat cow to pass through the eye of a needle than for a nigerian lady to be dating one guy grin grin grin grin
at least the naija lady would have a guy she likes that she is dating then having another that might be providing her sex then another that is providing her money grin grin grin..if she is a student she will have one brilliant student that will be helping her do her school work and dat one will be hoping to get into her pant..then she wll have a nice guy who is dedicated to her as reserve in case the main guy she really likes disappoints grin
grin grin

Minus the "Mr nice guy"others go enter d pant finish,after the whole body count,Mr nice guy go borrow money from soko loan go do wedding

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by CHoccolaTE: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2020
dominique:

Lol they've started wailing in my mentions

Don't mind them, they've putting pressure on the women to carry their responsibilities so they can squander their own money on girlfriends and frivolities. Some many homes nowadays are being financed by the wife, but they will come online and be shouting we're breadwinners blablabla

Almost everywhere I look I see different women hustling different businesses till late in the night, then I come online and see the men shouting we are breadwinners,women bring nothing to the table yen, yen then I wonder if I'm living in an alternate universe. That's why in times of death, divorce or separation, the woman can stay in her own raising her kids while the man remarries as soon as possible. Who needs who more now?

Personally I don't know one single woman that has no job, no matter how small, I don't know why men are always crying and wailing about providing,
There is this very young girl I used to work with that was running two jobs to put herself through University, she was a front desk clerk and was also making pastries and cakes for an event planning company. Many women run side hustles like online trading or makeup artists etc

It's only on Nairaland that women are liabilities that bring nothing to the table.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Passionate1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

" A woman's money is not supposed to be shared."

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
THUNDER4real:
Olodo have you forgotten that in the bible,... HE..can be referred to male/ female. you are just reading the text. small boy, go and read the whole chapter ask God for interpretation. Stop spewing your ignorance here.

...in ur family , it's woman who used to be the head of family, I pity ur dad, and not you the way he allowed your mama to bring you up That's why you are reasoning & biting like woman wrapper in public forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Bride Carries Groom On Her Laps, Bridesmaids Hold His Legs For Her To Kiss Him / Guys Derail Sexy Lady's Photos On Twitter With Football Talks / Problems Of Girls With Big Bosom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.