Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62707 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 07, 2020
shapman:

God bless you for this.
Amen
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by pagorino(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2020
I'm enjoying this grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Collegelove: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
You are lazy and it is one of your many problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Sweetiliscious(f): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
person wey no even get future is talking when reasonable ones are talking

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by sybersofty(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2020
[s][/s][quote author=Mizfabulous18 post=95778284]You know the issue with Nigerian men is that they want to have it all in life you cannot have it all ...most couples abroad the man works the woman works yes nt all of them but most of them now in a scenario like that the chores in the house are also shared infact the women are allowed to have a life socially regardless of having children or not and if u are divorcing the women it more of a disadvantage to u than an advantage atimes....that y u see Nigeria or African ladies go there and when their African spouse is expecting them to do as we in Africa do there is a separation...Now in Nigeria m nt saying your wife shouldn't work but it possible to marry a woman that is working class nd after children she just chills nd face the home it also possible to marry a woman that is a housewife then after the kids r a bit grown she start working nd even becomes the breadwinner later just like my mom so saying she must be working before u marry her doesn't guarantee anything trust me that a fact ..now Nigerian men will want to hv a working class wife but still expect u to do the chores and not hv a social life outside them ...u hv to be submissive be a wife a mother 100% work and still share the Bill's with them those westerners u use in comparison dont dont do that ..that y thet hire cleaners nannies the women over there basically just works nd in the weekend spend time with the family but will a Nigerian man allow this that the question ..like I said u cant have it all if ur rich enough for ur wife to be a housewife fine if ur nt then get a working class lady but stop with the pressuring..most men nowadays r even lazy compared to our fathers time....if u don't want to marry then dont marry u dont hv to carry a speaker explaining to us why nd blaming it on not seeing good ladies around because there are ...the problem is u r lazy u dont want to work hard enough but u want to be crowned head of the family and still cheat on ur wives....those men who hv made it big before marrying do they hv two heads? I know guys that started from nothing nd r doing very well in this same Nigeria that to tell u ..dere is no need to always generalize things ..look at ur celebrities they have money y r dey not getting and staying married are they not working class?? Nigerian boys nw r just lazy..do u think if Nigeria was like America all the women won't be working??[/quote

Ka'rya banza

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2020
This post just remind me of a girl I was dating. She was in year two then. So we were conversing one day at her campus's love garden then she said something that made me raise my eyebrows lol. She said whoever that is going to marry her will take up her school sponsorship from year three then they'll get married after her graduation. That was when I knew am not the only one dating this girl. I had to take my three point and jakpa grin

Cc lefulefu

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by HMarshal(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

It's a pity, seriously,& u don't even know when to stop cos u are so so lost in ur "ignorance".
Anyways I take back my pity for u,ild wrap it as a present for the "unfortunate" man who will wed u.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Smile4mee01: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2020
Once women start to become scarce, many Men go dey rush marry but unfortunately just like in the bible a time will come where there would be 7 women to 1 man.

I wonder how this makes women feel? Especially Christian women, knowing that a prophecy would come where they will compete for a mans attention.

Also, women have always worked from time.but a lot changed when you started schooling and landing good jobs outside the household thereby displacing some men in the workforce. Some men actually feel threatened that breadwinner status is under attack.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by vivypreety(f): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
wonders they say shall never end. this one that comitted all sorts of abortion still get mouth to talk. umunwanyi ibe anyi

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by AududuNine11: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is Nigeria, everyone would never earn 100k, let alone 400k. I remember making my hair somewhere and one lady there said the only way she can work in corporate Nigeria is if they pay her like 150k. I was shocked at her target, but it reminded me of the reality in Nigeria.

The most important thing is to get a supportive partner and cut down on unnecessary things. We should also watch the number of kids we have. Nigerians too born abeg!

Wedding has never been compulsory. Especially when the couple cannot afford one.

Wisdom personified

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Coolgent(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I concur
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Davash222(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

The other day I was at the market, I took a rough count and apart from meat sellers, most traders were women. Under hot sun, selling ugu and tomato. I don’t know any woman that will take such inconvenience if that money isn’t important to her. The girl I bought vegetables from nko? Beautiful girl with low cut. She asked if I wanted her to help me buy everything- I get that offer a lot. I allowed her buy the ones I wasn’t so sure of where to buy and how much to price them. I was na wondering, Nairaland guys wey dey whine from morning to night- them no see this one marry? No be hardworking girl be this?

Majority of the married women in my offices have taken loans for their housing projects. In fact, once you marry in my office, they start waiting for your loan application. It is a ritual... grin
Please, that beautiful girl on low cut selling ugu, is she slim? Do you have her contact?
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by MadeMan01(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

It is this your impoverished Nigeria girl mentality that is leaving me torn between leaving my Nigerian girlfriend and emigrating abroad and settle with a American lady as against taking my Nigerian girlfriend with me, sponsoring her nursing program and only to be hearing this rubbish you said after she must have graduated.
Just imagine.
You expect a man to do the things your father failed to do in the life his daughter but expect not to be a part of the growth process. Dear God, Help me decide right. Do not let me fall into the hand of such a woman. Guide my steps Father. Amen.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by AududuNine11: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2020
tobe1985:
In my opinion if a man is not earning 400k and above he has no business getting married in this Nigeria if 2020.
A decent wedding will cost u a minimum of 500k.
U must rent a house (at least a 2 bedroom), buy furniture, a generator, a car hospital bills etc.
Even good food is becoming expensive these days because of inflation.
To top it all up, u go and marry a typical money hungry nigerian woman that will be demanding heaven and earth from u, worse still her family members will also demand their own.
When children come, your cost triples.
Abeg I'll wait till I'm super rich before I marry even if I'm age 50.

Na yahoo plus you go end up doing
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Freeman50(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Wanted to save my breath when I saw your comments on this thread, decided to ship in. And so after taking my time to go through this trend. Have come to realize that your comment is the most quoted & non of your fellow girls are backing you up.

A woman's money is not supposed to be shared, says who? What would she be doing with her money if not to support her family. It's women like you that will be lazy waiting for men to do everything. Making money is unisex my dear. Bible didn't say it's only the men that will make money. Women are now walking up from slumber and be challenging the men. Am still wondering where and how you come about such mentality.

At this juncture, you might have realized that you spewed rubbish. With all this bashing, i know you might have been regretting the day you joined Nairaland & why you typed such rubbish here. How could you have come up with such comments here? When next you want to comment on any platform rather than Nairaland, you have to bite your tongue with your teeth.

It's okay guys, she have had enough already.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Kingzeez10: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't you feel bad after yarning this dust?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Edge1(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2020
Chii59:

To be honest, it is a favour for a woman to add being a breadwinner to her traditional roles as wife and mother. A big favour.
How many men who are breadwinners are very active in being a father to their kids? Changing diapers, taking them to/fro school, doing homework, making sure they bath, eat and are ready for school on time, each day? How many breadwinning men are hands-on daddies?
You think it's just to drop school fees and go off to work?
When you see a woman who is a breadwinner, wife and mother and you say she's doing as if it's a favour, it reveals a lack of understanding on your part.

Women who are bread winners don't ever do those chores you mentioned here.
They rather employ a nanny to do the chores. So stop looking for baseless points to justify your claims.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by pocohantas(f): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2020
PrinceofAgoAre:
Lol. Why nt check d car park/garage nd d butcher house to make dz same rough count like d market wasnt going to be dominated by women b4.

your point is very invalid

My point is, contrary to popular opinion that most Nigerian wives are lazying about, they are actually working. If comprehension isn’t your forte, do ask for clarification. Don’t tell me my point is very invalid, I know the post I replied and the point I made.

Davash222:

Please, that beautiful girl on low cut selling ugu, is she slim? Do you have her contact?

Sadly I don’t. I met her at Ijesha market and if your intentions are noble, I can take you there. Yes she is slim... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Starzo: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Men these days are the ones who are liabilities in marriage, very lazy and entitled golddiggers.

You want a woman that will be breadwinner and share the bills but you cannot share cooking and cleaning house and taking care of children equally. No, you still expect women to be in charge of the household even while she is stressing herself to provide money.

Marrying men of these days has no benefit whatsoever, it's just losses after losses, fvcking liabilities.
may u never get married in Jesus name
oya shout amen

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Davash222(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is Nigeria, everyone would never earn 100k, let alone 400k. I remember making my hair somewhere and one lady there said the only way she can work in corporate Nigeria is if they pay her like 150k. I was shocked at her target, but it reminded me of the reality in Nigeria.

The most important thing is to get a supportive partner and cut down on unnecessary things. We should also watch the number of kids we have. Nigerians too born abeg!

Wedding has never been compulsory. Especially when the couple cannot afford one.

Nigerians too born, courtesy of our girls. Zip Up is not their thing.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Davash222(m): 11:21am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

My point is, contrary to popular opinion that most Nigerian wives are lazying about, they are actually working. If comprehension isn’t your forte, do ask for clarification. Don’t tell me my point is very invalid, I know the post I replied and the point I made.

Sadly I don’t. I met her at Ijesha market and if your intentions are noble, I can take you there. Yes she is slim... grin
If my intentions are noble? Lol

You don see me finish na, bah Lol.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by HustlerGurl(f): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Men these days are the ones who are liabilities in marriage, very lazy and entitled golddiggers.

You want a woman that will be breadwinner and share the bills but you cannot share cooking and cleaning house and taking care of children equally. No, you still expect women to be in charge of the household even while she is stressing herself to provide money.

Marrying men of these days has no benefit whatsoever, it's just losses after losses, fvcking liabilities.
ride on my abortion mate. our body count is uncountable
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by BlueAir: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2020
undecided you're finished already
virginprincess:

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by when2(f): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
Bitter Truth: Main Reason Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays.

Its simply because, majority of ladies are broke & depend on their future spouse, to continue from where their parents stopped in breeding them. There's no way only the man's income will be enough to run the family. Women should be earning too, in marriages to balance the financial weight, you should be able to earn even before marriage...

I strongly believe that if women save up for marriage as men do, then couples can easily marry for love & all these few years contract-marriages will end. The most annoying part of this is that most ladies think men need just a housekeeper, cook or a nanny; but they really need a partner who should be a real woman; which is a true helper of her man, that's what woman means.

Common! the two people became one under marriage, there's nothing like the woman's money & there's also nothing like the man's; both are meant to share everything together. Many ladies love a man's material things not him nowadays, that's why marriages hardly start or last today...

In conclusion, men are now gold diggers!
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Starzo: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2020
denjjy:
Nigeria is not just a country where a youth would think the next step to take is to lead a lady to the alter. if you must settle down as a youth in this country, you need to be financially and materially bouyant. I usually gets dejected anytime I think about been single at my age, but what will I do, I can't kill myself na. I've been deserted twice by ladies who I promised marraige but couldn't wait any longer because of the delay. Graduated since 2016 and still living in my parent's house, recieves #15000 monthly from a private firm, tell me; considering the hyper inflation in our country today and the bizarre cost of living, can #15000 cater for a family for a month? absolutely no. I know we are in this messful country together, let's hope 9ja go better one day
well time still dey
at least you never reach 30
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Sunrise258: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2020
I asked out one girl yesterday and immediately she told me she has no phone! Whereas, I am still struggling with rent as it expired shortly after final lockdown! I told her about my rent but she's insistent I get her a phone in just a day relationship that we haven't even set eyes on each other!! Me too now, I said she should snap pussy n boobs for happy view, shocked she vexed.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by pocohantas(f): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2020
Davash222:

Nigerians too born, courtesy of our girls. Zip Up is not their thing.

Lmao. Ejaculation is sure your thing. “Let me put the tip, I won’t cum inside”, ifeanunwa bu isi okwu anyi. grin grin grin

Davash222:

If my intentions are noble? Lol
You don see me finish na, bah Lol.

Yes na. Men are never ready till they are ready.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by humilitypays(m): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2020
It all boils down to harsh economy which has made more single men unemployed, underemployed and hopeless......and the women who have been empowered by the modern world policies like gender equality in job opportunities refused to take up the responsibility of gender equality in footing the marriage bills and raising kids, and running the entire family.

Modern Nigerian ladies must wake up from their sleep and realize that the era men foot all the bills (pay house rent, pay children school fees, provide food, clothing, transport, etc) is gradually fading away like shadow......all thanks to civilization that have led to more single ladies having better paying jobs, contracts, political appointments than their single male counterparts........so whoever much is given, much is also expected from you.

Ladies, stop waiting for that superman, if you are lucky and find one, thank your God and take very good care of him.....but if you can't find that superman that will cater for all your needs and that of your family members, just swallow the pride and find a reasonable young man and settle down with and join force and resources together with him and build that your dream family you ever desire......that you cannot find Aliko Dangote or Don Jazzy kind of man with money bag to marry does not mean you are a failure or that you are not lucky in life or that God does not love you......the end justifies the beginning.....your today does not matter....what matters is how your your tomorrow will end!

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Alexaonfleek: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

The other day I was at the market, I took a rough count and apart from meat sellers, most traders were women. Under hot sun, selling ugu and tomato. I don’t know any woman that will take such inconvenience if that money isn’t important to her. The girl I bought vegetables from nko? Beautiful girl with low cut. She asked if I wanted her to help me buy everything- I get that offer a lot. I allowed her buy the ones I wasn’t so sure of where to buy and how much to price them. I was na wondering, Nairaland guys wey dey whine from morning to night- them no see this one marry? No be hardworking girl be this?

Majority of the married women in my offices have taken loans for their housing projects. In fact, once you marry in my office, they start waiting for your loan application. It is a ritual... grin
Lol
I don't know where they get this mentality that ladies are sitting down and waiting for urgent 2k.
Sometime before the endsars protest I was coming back from bank and I entered keke that a young lady drove.
What really surprised me was not even the fact that it was a young lady,but the fact that she looks like your average slay queen: weaveon,fake long lashes and all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is even one of the reason most business men marry female bankers... easy access to loans.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Babara1994(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:
Men don wise up
Na women marriage pay that's why their very desperate to get married
Was in a prayer one day and this lady next to me is praying so loud that I can hear her clearly.
Her prayer in youruba was O lord provide my own husband for me .
The pastor call off the prayer and I looked at her closely although she's not that old mere looking at her she can't be more than 27/30 if my age was the same with hers there ain't no way I'm gonna think of marriage. grin
And come to think of it marrying a girl in this era is a bad idea. A girl that already have 15 to 20 body count before marriage knowing this will I still want to marry her plus you're not a proustite and your puunani is public. Let's be sincere the only way a nigarrr can marry you is if he doesn't know all this .
One major problem is our country
A nigarrrr that is earning 35K and you're telling him to go and marry abeg shey you wan kill am nii
35k wey be say you no fit carry am go ball for quilox
And person wey him wan marry no get work.
Ladies if you're yet to get married don't think it's a generational curse or maybe you have husband issues
NO the better truth is men don wise up cool
35k can't buy anything in Quilox o
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by FahBuLous: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Be truthful to yourself, would you as an intelligent woman get married to a man and stay in the house day in day out while your husband cater for the whole house and you sit around doing nothing... If you know you are not willing to be plain and truthful, don't quote me...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Advantages Of Dating A Married Man By A Nigerian Lady. See Lists / Nigerian Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend On Social Media, To Share Her Cheating Photos / Dwarf Model, Fatima, Dances With Lady She Is Taller Than On Street Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.