Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62688 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Omoluabi16(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2020
No wonder marriages or relationship don't last any more. The comments here.. lipsrsealed This annoying forced gender war.Nobody wants to even compromise anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by safarigirl1(f): 10:42am On Nov 07, 2020
xana101:
Most girls don’t have nothing to offer apart from s€x
I just hate those type with passion.
it's ok
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by SmartPolician: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2020
JoeEeL:
A bad economy is still the principal cause.

And that's what your political masters have caused.

The looting and corruption takes everyone's lives little by little without some realising it.

Then instead of the youth to come together and tackle the root source of the problem; some of the guys would venture into Yahoo. While the girls would turn themselves to prostitutes trying to befriend the same politicians that have shortchanged their destinies... all just for crumbs.

If the blackman wants to get out of this mess he's in, they all have to evolve at roughly the same time. Some have evolved a bit and have better perception; many haven't really evolved but are just spontaneously mad with the broken system. They also make up d majority not being able to marry as quickly as they would have liked.

Great insight!

What do you mean by evolution?
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Glawrie: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
Hmmm
My dear that was then o
Because in this new era of nigeria. Both partners have to be up and doing. Its even advisable to get a job or learn a trade before getting married so as to support your husband. Stop having that kind of mentality
No man wants a liability for a wife. Even if he is a rich man and doesnt want you to work, he will get tired one day and seeing you always sitting at home, eating and getting fat will begin to irritate him, its still better to have a shop you go to. With that, you can share your time the way you want.
My dear please hustle oo, its very important because now it is all man for himself.
When you are married, you wont have to wait for your husband to come back from work before you buy soap to wash your clothes. Every little contribution you make in the marriage will be very much appreciated.
It's not bad if you hustle now and take your own car to your husband's house, you will be well respected by your inlaws infact.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Benbelor(m): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2020
foolbuster:

My dear the thing tire me. Men of this generation sef. Imagine a full grown man coming out in public and asking a woman to take up a part of his natural responsibility. No shame. Tomorrow you'll expect that same woman to treat you as the head of the family.
"A part of his natural responsibility" can you hear yourself speak? So you sit your ass in the house and do nothing, that's what you want. What kind of generation of girls do we have now? I rather marry the ugu girl at market you talked about and brush her up than marry a girl with your mentality. God bless every support wifes out there!

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Mutemenot(m): 10:44am On Nov 07, 2020
Hassanmaye:

I concur bro I will go to Enugu and search for one if only they will give a rich aboki their daughter. grin grin

grin grin my hand no dey oh

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Alexaonfleek: 10:44am On Nov 07, 2020
WeRblessed:
Sorry to say this as a woman, but please my brother, don't marry a woman without a job or handwork. If all she can offer is sex, cook and clean dump her!
Okay na.
For your mind you are a virtuous woman.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Lalasdiva(f): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2020
Oizatobad:
I DON'T HATE GIRLS BUT I HATE OLOSHO WITH PASSION
hmmm
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by omoharry(f): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2020
You guys on nairaland are really confused bunch of people .. Wetin una want sef?
Women dey financial independent, una go run away & call them feminist ,una go sey they are too independent minded . Then una see student or unemployed ladies with no money ,una go still complain sey they are olosho or leeches .Wetin una want ? One thing has to give .. Its either you have a liberal mind to date an independent woman where there is no master and slave relationship or go for the one that has no money that will be totally submissive to you ; where you can be the man of the house .
Most men prefer when they are in charge of all affairs in the home, especially in the areas of finance.They don't like it when thier women earn more than them...It makes them highly insecured and less relevant..so they rather date a woman they earn better than ..So guys what do you people want?

5 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by shapman: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2020
ZIINI:
Men don wise up
Na women marriage pay that's why their very desperate to get married

NO the better truth is men don wise up cool

God bless you for this.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Alexaonfleek: 10:48am On Nov 07, 2020
Fussion1000:
The biggest reason comes from men angle, ...many guys find it difficult to hold their feet on ground, they cant feed themselves let alone family.

During the teenage years 14......25, guys must learn to prepare for future but majority will be leaving in figment, pursuing different girls, as their "primary assignments" without planning for future.

A guy that is supposed to learn work or trade, in other to established himself will be moving from one street to another like vagabond, looking for pussssy he want to conquer, with a twinckke of eyes, a guy of 25 will clock 35, yet no income to start family.

Bible says a man and not a woman, who cannot feed his (nuclear) family, worse than infidel.

Wife is just to support, guys should learn how to do any legitimate work to finance his immediate family.

Don't be shame/shy to hustle
cry
Heu
There is too much sense in your head.
God bless you and the fortunate woman that will end up with you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 123Map(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

Are you really a virgin?? grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

I see you here, the billionaire girl
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by specialmati(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2020
Pelxmiye:

I just opened that portion of the Bible, truly the Bible is complete, I just opened my Bible in a long time...women should should Proverbs 31 to the end... there's a whole lot for men and women to understand in there
please always read your bible ooh.yes bro since some of our ladies dont read the bible they dont know what God said about them. thats why they think being a woman is all about idleness and lazyness looking for who to give them money.the dont know that being a woman is alot of work.may God help our generation

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Ibrahiimo(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2020
[s]
omoharry:
You guys on nairaland are really confused bunch of people .. Wetin una want sef?
Women dey financial independent, una go run away & call them feminist ,una go sey they are too independent minded . Then una see student or unemployed ladies with no money ,una go still complain sey they are olosho or leeches .Wetin una want ? One thing has to give .. Its either you have a liberal mind to date an independent woman where there is no master and slave relationship or go for the one that has no money that will be totally submissive to you ; where you can be the man of the house .
Most men prefer when they are in charge of all affairs in the home, especially in the areas of finance.They don't like it when thier women earn more than them...It makes them highly insecured and less relevant..so they rather date a woman they earn better than ..So guys what do you people want?
[/s]
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Kwinesther: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2020
As civilization as taken over the world, some men still don't want their wives to work at all. A parent to one of my student confided in me recently that her husband has ordered her not to work despite the fact that she is a graduate. She said she doesn't know what to do anymore because she's just getting fatter and fatter everyday, all she does is to take care of the house and children then watch movies, she has tried talking to him but her husband is so insecure about her meeting other men because of her very curvy body shape.

Ogechi my Igbo friend during NYSC told me she has never applied for any job because her successful business man husband want her to stay at home and take care of their two kids. Just early this year, the man bought her a nice car and they are living so comfortably.

My point is this, not all women likes to stay idle, I really don't like it and many women don't as well but what choice do they have If their husband wants the opposite? And these are men in their thirties not old men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by SouthernTaliban(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2020
omoharry:

Most men of nowadays prefer a lady that's earns and contribute to the home bills. Nobody want carry anybody cross again.

This is a very honest opinion!
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Jkindness: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2020
dominique:
There's hardly a family I know where the wife doesn't cover a considerable amount of family expenses, so I don't know where all this crying and groaning is coming from. So in addition to taking care of kids and unending house chores, there's now pressure on the Nigerian wives to provide for the family. What exactly is the usefulness of the Nigerian husband in the 21st century? If only (working class) women know the type of favour they're doing this men in getting married to them, they won't be so desperate for marriage.

chi chi... Dont loud it, it might send a shock observer down the spine.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Ibrahiimo(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2020
WeRblessed:
Sorry to say this as a woman, but please my brother, don't marry a woman without a job or handwork. If all she can offer is sex, cook and clean dump her!
the BEST comment so FAR!!
CASE CLOSED!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Mizfabulous18(f): 10:53am On Nov 07, 2020
You know the issue with Nigerian men is that they want to have it all in life you cannot have it all ...most couples abroad the man works the woman works yes nt all of them but most of them now in a scenario like that the chores in the house are also shared infact the women are allowed to have a life socially regardless of having children or not and if u are divorcing the women it more of a disadvantage to u than an advantage atimes....that y u see Nigeria or African ladies go there and when their African spouse is expecting them to do as we in Africa do there is a separation...Now in Nigeria m nt saying your wife shouldn't work but it possible to marry a woman that is working class nd after children she just chills nd face the home it also possible to marry a woman that is a housewife then after the kids r a bit grown she start working nd even becomes the breadwinner later just like my mom so saying she must be working before u marry her doesn't guarantee anything trust me that a fact ..now Nigerian men will want to hv a working class wife but still expect u to do the chores and not hv a social life outside them ...u hv to be submissive be a wife a mother 100% work and still share the Bill's with them those westerners u use in comparison dont dont do that ..that y thet hire cleaners nannies the women over there basically just works nd in the weekend spend time with the family but will a Nigerian man allow this that the question ..like I said u cant have it all if ur rich enough for ur wife to be a housewife fine if ur nt then get a working class lady but stop with the pressuring..most men nowadays r even lazy compared to our fathers time....if u don't want to marry then dont marry u dont hv to carry a speaker explaining to us why nd blaming it on not seeing good ladies around because there are ...the problem is u r lazy u dont want to work hard enough but u want to be crowned head of the family and still cheat on ur wives....those men who hv made it big before marrying do they hv two heads? I know guys that started from nothing nd r doing very well in this same Nigeria that to tell u ..dere is no need to always generalize things ..look at ur celebrities they have money y r dey not getting and staying married are they not working class?? Nigerian boys nw r just lazy..do u think if Nigeria was like America all the women won't be working??

6 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by annyz: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

But only a man money is supposed to be shared This is outdated mentality & that's why most homes are failing due to selfishness.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by annyz: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

But only a man money is supposed to be shared This is outdated mentality & that's why most homes are failing.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by vikgreen01(m): 10:56am On Nov 07, 2020
zanshi:
We love being single dont entrap us with problem.

lol
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't you ever in your miserable life insult my parent again, i don't joke with them, if your parent didn't teach you manners then look for who will teach you, miserable he-goat.

Manners is when you are rational in thinking. Do you possess that? Think shout it
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by moskhoe(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

"Like" 'it' a must"

Wack composition
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

The other day I was at the market, I took a rough count and apart from meat sellers, most traders were women. Under hot sun, selling ugu and tomato. I don’t know any woman that will take such inconvenience if that money isn’t important to her. The girl I bought vegetables from nko? Beautiful girl with low cut. She asked if I wanted her to help me buy everything- I get that offer a lot. I allowed her buy the ones I wasn’t so sure of where to buy and how much to price them. I was na wondering, Nairaland guys wey dey whine from morning to night- them no see this one marry? No be hardworking girl be this?

Majority of the married women in my offices have taken loans for their housing projects. In fact, once you marry in my office, they start waiting for your loan application. It is a ritual... grin
Lol. Why nt check d car park/garage nd d butcher house to make dz same rough count like d market wasnt going to be dominated by women b4.

your point is very invalid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by makeherscream(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
you supposed to be ashamed of yourself .
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by foolbuster: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2020
Benbelor:
"A part of his natural responsibility" can you hear yourself speak? So you sit your ass in the house and do nothing, that's what you want. What kind of generation of girls do we have now? I rather marry the ugu girl at market you talked about and brush her up than marry a girl with your mentality. God bless every support wifes out there!

Yes. A woman is not supposed to work and provide for the family unless she wants to. That is exclusively the role of the man. Men that shamelessly advocate for women to work and provide for the family are weak men. And they do not deserve to be called the head of the house. They surrendered and accepted to share that previlege with the woman the moment they decided to share their natural duty of providers with her.
These days society is full of broke men who can't fulfill there natural roles so they shift some of the burden to the women and deaperately try to make it the new normal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by LawyerEmilord(m): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
The most foolish and unreasonable comment I have seen in almost five years.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by riczy(m): 11:00am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
ppl like u are worse off Dan Covid-19
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Sexietharam(f): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2020
stacyadams:
grin

Only a bigger fool will marry them wit thier 20 body counts and still waste money on an unemployed Leech join.
someone with upto 50 body counts, an oloshi for that matter is here making noise grin

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by lordally(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is Nigeria, everyone would never earn 100k, let alone 400k. I remember making my hair somewhere and one lady there said the only way she can work in corporate Nigeria is if they pay her like 150k. I was shocked at her target, but it reminded me of the reality in Nigeria.

The most important thing is to get a supportive partner and cut down on unnecessary things. We should also watch the number of kids we have. Nigerians too born abeg!

Wedding has never been compulsory. Especially when the couple cannot afford one.

I swear to God you just earned my Respect ...I'm following you ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Jilted Lady Slumps By The Roadside In Lagos, Lover Escapes / Guys, Silly Things You Should Stop Doing When Your Are 25yrs& Above / I have Gotta Crush On Alampasu, The U-17 Nigerian Goalkeeper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.