Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62697 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by blackdaimond250(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
Say's who fool, house wife gang
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Davash222(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. Ejaculation is sure your thing. “Let me put the tip, I won’t cum inside”, ifeanunwa bu isi okwu anyi. grin grin grin

Yes na. Men are never ready till they are ready.

Lol. You no well, poco. How I take know you?

You’re demoralizing me, Nne
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by SmartPolician: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2020
Iyajelili:
Who are the people marrying these girls every Saturday?

Victims

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Kingsam20: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2020
HomerTimpson:
so deep
The poster made a vital points
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by FahBuLous: 11:38am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
YOU ARE A FOOL... May i never come across a woman with a demented and stinky mentality like yours.. Once again, YOU ARE A FOOL...

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
what school did you attend?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Ekwebe(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2020
Fact
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
then the ball is in your court,

U better get ready to compete with other women looking for such men who have the means and resources to keep women as house wives perpetually.

For your information, the global economy is not smiling. u had better come to terms with the fact that such men are getting fewer with each passing day in a world where inequality gulf is widening at an alarming rate.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Welcum: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Zini you better respect yourself, don't let me insult you this night.
I am not saying this just to please you: Don't mind those mudslinging you. Under normal circumstances, a woman should be provided for. But they should be submissive to their provider. But, these days that women don't want to be submissive, they should be ready to bear responsibilities too. Then, if men insist that women should share the responsibility of family upkeep with them, then, they should stop expecting women to be submissive.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by dshokodiza(m): 11:40am On Nov 07, 2020
Skepticus:

What are the valuable benefits of marriage to men these days outside raising kids and the deception called companionship?
...i never marry but grow 2geda ring a bell... for head
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by zeusdgrt(m): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

Men die from poor feeding, smoking, drinking, and having sex up and down.
Seriously?so ladies don't smoke,drink or have sex up and down? sorry for u
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Agbebakun22:

If this kids are grown up who do you think they will definitely of is it not their momma... I don't even pray to even involved my wife when it comes to monetarily aspect in my home.. Just that the way the country is that's why things are going zigzag for men but all the best things will get back to place for everyone that knows his way's.. All I need from my wife to take care of home and help her own career too not necessarily putting her on pressure concerning bills..

If more guys admit it the way you are admitting it, we won't have any arguments. Personally, I see no big deal in women contributing in their homes. After all, men have adjusted over time. Back in the days, non-virgins were stoned, but see, men now even defend their non-virgin girlfriends. So there is no big deal if women adjusted too. But men should stop making it seem like it's how they want it. Their ego won't even permit. I know how many times I've got guys having low self-esteem because I paid the bills. It's not natural! But if you present the case with the state of the country as a reference point, both gender will be at peace.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Seriously?so ladies don't smoke,drink or have sex up and down? sorry for u

Very rare. And the ones that do die early too. Sorry for yourself!
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Sarita01(f): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

They have no usefulness at all, none.

In many cases, once the woman starts earning considerable amount of money, the men abandon breadwinning for them and start spending their money on frivolities like carrying girls up and down.

Only them want to boss women around and expect submission from women but the same women must be earning money to feed them an pay their bills, these same women must throw away their fathers name after marriage and start bearing the name of a man she is feeding and paying his bills.
You're so very right I've seen where a man told his wife to quit her job cos she was earning more than to come and manage 60k every month,men are becoming very very confused on what they want,theres no way a woman can be submissive and independent at the same time,if you want a working class woman,go for her if you want a slave go for her(it's called choice). Most men don't want feminists as wife but they don't want to assume the role of a patriarch.
Truly the usefulness of men is depreciating very fast,I have a friend whose father is as useless as the p in psychology,her mother does everything for them down to their bathing soap,while the man is Hale and hearty,the mother works 24/7 to take care of her children,if asked about her father,she'll tell you that he's dead,that man is just a living example of uselessness. Marriage is all about compromise not concessions,if you want us to share the bills let's share the chores,it's as simple as that,many men think house chores is a woman's duty but refuse to admit that providing for the family is a man's duty,such warped views. I'm all for equality in whatever we do,I can't be considered an inferior being in the society then expected to do what my supposed superiors should be doing. The major place a woman's monetary help is needed is when it concerns the children(splitting fees and basic necessities the children needs). If he wants more then he can go kick rocks.

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2020
FahBuLous:
YOU ARE A FOOL... May i never come across a woman with a demented and stinky mentality like yours.. Once again, YOU ARE A FOOL...

She should be the one praying such prayer because you sound like a violent person who sees killing as a hobby

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Joseph08(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

Later one idiot man go put this idiot for house undecided

Idiot + Idiot = Idiots grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by StudentsNG: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
No it still happen till now, especially with a particular tribe in nigeria, i am not aspiring to be a full time housewife, Godforbid, if i am then why am i wasting my parent money going to school, i just said that because it still happening in this era.

I’m a little afraid here, I think you’re wasting your parents money indeed. To believe you’re in school, mixing with other students and still have the mentality you’re displaying here is unbelievable!

Please quit the school and get married already. I feel for whoever you end up with. Unless of course you change from today. Heaven will be happy �

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by CHoccolaTE: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2020
Sarita01:

You're so very right I've seen where a man told his wife to quit her job cos she was earning more than to come and manage 60k every month,men are becoming very very confused on what they want,theres no way a woman can be submissive and independent at the same time,if you want a working class woman,go for her if you want a slave go for her(it's called choice). Most men don't want feminists as wife but they don't want to assume the role of a patriarch.
Truly the usefulness of men is depreciating very fast,I have a friend whose father is as useless as the p in psychology,her mother does everything for them down to their bathing soap,while the man is Hale and hearty,the mother works 24/7 to take care of her children,if asked about her father,she'll tell you that he's dead,that man is just a living example of uselessness. Marriage is all about compromise not concessions,if you want us to share the bills let's share the chores,it's as simple as that,many men think house chores is a woman's duty but refuse to admit that providing for the family is a man's duty,such warped views. I'm all for equality in whatever we do,I can't be considered an inferior being in the society then expected to do what my supposed superiors should be doing. The major place a woman's monetary help is needed is when it concerns the children(splitting fees and basic necessities the children needs). If he wants more then he can go kick rocks.
Smart comment, many men in Nigeria are depending 100percent on their wives but women don't announce it because of shame, if a man is the one supporting his wife 100percent, he go insult her tire.
Men are naturally selfish and self centered creatures

That's why they keep demanding heaven and earth from women but don't want to give anything back.

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by KenModi(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

But a man’s money is to be shared? angry

You well so?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by djsteplion: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

I wanted to call you a fool & an idiot, but I refrained...Please learn to type with sense next time...

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by ufotty2001: 11:57am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Yet your father can't even pay ur school fees talkless of telling ur mother to seat at home..

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by humilitypays(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

The other day I was at the market, I took a rough count and apart from meat sellers, most traders were women. Under hot sun, selling ugu and tomato. I don’t know any woman that will take such inconvenience if that money isn’t important to her. The girl I bought vegetables from nko? Beautiful girl with low cut. She asked if I wanted her to help me buy everything- I get that offer a lot. I allowed her buy the ones I wasn’t so sure of where to buy and how much to price them. I was na wondering, Nairaland guys wey dey whine from morning to night- them no see this one marry? No be hardworking girl be this?

Majority of the married women in my offices have taken loans for their housing projects. In fact, once you marry in my office, they start waiting for your loan application. It is a ritual... grin
You are very correct in all you wrote, but the truth is, majority of modern Nigerian ladies, especially the graduates amongst them have this irrational belief that because they are graduates, they automatically deserve a husband from Mars or say America or one working with Shell (this is just an exertion of ready-made man), and once a modern Nigerian lady succeeds in securing a good paying job, to hell with any young man that isn't earning like x 3 of her salary coming to ask her out to talk of asking for her hand in marriage, in fact, the way she will talk to the guy or the way she would mock the young man in midst of her friends will shock even the devil himself cheesy cheesy cheesy

They only start to realize their mistakes as soon as they clock 35yrs, by then, they begin to develops sense and start to realize that life is not as they once conjured in their brain out of stupid fantasies that most times developed from watching romance movie series which are mostly fiction!

Ordinarily, the desire of most Nigerian ladies while single is to marry; tall, dark, rich, God fearing man....tell me is this possible Has this ever been realistic If it is your destiny, you won't need to stress about it, God and nature will bring such man your way, but for any lady to be waiting for one magic man to come down from somewhere to bring all her life dreams to reality without her playing a key role is very difficult today as global economy has taken a drastic turn all over the world, so single ladies must wake up.....more single men are losing interest in marriage everyday all over the world not just in Nigeria because previous marriages benefited only the women,, and guys are beginning to wonder why they struggle to get married....its an awakening generation we are now.

People are beginning to ask questions why some things happen the way it does.....just as ladies are beginning to ask questions why they must be the ones to be cooking, cleaning and caring for the babies.....young men are also waking up and asking why must it be them that work their ass off taking care of the woman, the kids, everything........its no longer about being broke or rich.....if you observe the trend, you can hardly see a rich guy marrying a broke lady today, unlike in the past.....it is now rich vs rich or poor vs poor or average vs average unlike in the past that we do witness rich guy marry poor lady.

Things will only get worst with time.....it makes me start to wonder if the world will truly come to an end because things are changing so bad all over the world today cry

6 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by FahBuLous: 11:59am On Nov 07, 2020
nenyewrites:

She should be the one praying such prayer because you sound like a violent person who sees killing as a hobby
YOU AND HER ARE FOOLS..

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by babsbolad: 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I don't know you but I can decipher a bit of your character or rather mentality towards marriage. It is shameless for a woman to so have the mentality of her husband providing everything that is needed in their matrimonial home. You remind me of a woman who works in a bank (microfinance bank though), this woman would not part with her penny to contribute to their home. The husband got so infuriated one day when while the man has not got home from work and there was need to buy a candle to illuminate their apartment owing to power failure, this woman refused to buy it that she and her children stayed in the dark till the man came back from work. That act almost brought the marriage to an abrupt end.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Men these days are the ones who are liabilities in marriage, very lazy and entitled golddiggers.

You want a woman that will be breadwinner and share the bills but you cannot share cooking and cleaning house and taking care of children equally. No, you still expect women to be in charge of the household even while she is stressing herself to provide money.

Marrying men of these days has no benefit whatsoever, it's just losses after losses, fvcking liabilities.
This one is bitter. Who bite you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
FahBuLous:
YOU AND HER ARE FOOLS..

See what I got quoting a mad man. I'll be careful going forward.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

There is no benefit to marrying them oo, only men benefit from marriage, the children a woman bears answer their fathers name and add to fathers lineage,
Even companionship you spoke of na scam because the idiots will still cheat on their wives or attempt to cheat on her.

The only thing they used to do before which is provide, they cannot do it again and these days many women are the ones carrying the family.

Very useless people.
Is that how your idiot father cheat on your mother?
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Angelacruz: 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
Very true...

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
humilitypays:
You are very correct in all you wrote, but the truth is, majority of modern Nigerian ladies, especially the graduates amongst them have this irrational belief that because they are graduates, they automatically deserve a husband from Mars or say America or one working with Shell (this is just an exertion of ready-made man), and once a modern Nigerian lady succeeds in securing a good paying job, to hell with any young man that isn't earning like x 3 of her salary coming to ask her out to talk of asking for her hand in marriage, in fact, the way she will talk to the guy or the way she would mock the young man in midst of her friends will shock even the devil himself cheesy cheesy cheesy

They only start to realize their mistakes as soon as they clock 35yrs, by then, they begin to develops sense and start to realize that life is not as they once conjured in their brain out of stupid fantasies that most times developed from watching romance movie series which are mostly fiction!

Ordinarily, the desire of most Nigerian ladies while single is to marry; tall, dark, rich, God fearing man....tell me is this possible Has this ever been realistic If it is your destiny, you won't need to stress about it, God and nature will bring such man your way, but for any lady to be waiting for one magic man to come down from somewhere to bring all her life dreams to reality without her playing a key role is very difficult today as global economy has taken a drastic turn all over the world, so single ladies must wake up.....more single men are losing interest in marriage everyday all over the world not just in Nigeria because previous marriages benefited only the women,, and guys are beginning to wonder why they struggle to get married....its an awakening generation we are now.

People are beginning to ask questions why some things happen the way it does.....just as ladies are beginning to ask questions why they must be the ones to be cooking, cleaning and caring for the babies.....young men are also waking up and asking why must it be them that work their ass off taking care of the woman, the kids, everything........its no longer about being broke or rich.....if you observe the trend, you can hardly see a rich guy marrying a broke lady today, unlike in the past.....it is now rich vs rich or poor vs poor or average vs average unlike in the past that we do witness rich guy marry poor lady.

Things will only get worst with time.....it makes me start to wonder if the world will truly come to an end because things are changing so bad all over the world today cry

It's because they can milk the cow without buying it. To be frank, it's the women that caused the problem in the first place. If they could all close their legs, we won't be having this discussion. Because men will work to have that pussy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Gabkosh: 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
You didn't reason well before saying this dear. How can you say such thing? By marrying a man you're doing him a favour? See O! Don't favour any man, remain single. Make I hear say E no get one dude you're dreaming about and praying God brings him your way. You sef get boyfriend wey you not fit endure if he dumps you mtcheeeew...All these ones forming shit here sef
Don't mind her. We know their type. Those that can commit suicide if a guy should leave them.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Spain007(m): 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
h

It is traumatising for the dump Trump, watching helplessly as the White House slips away from him slowly but steadily. He will wish he can turn back the hands of time. Unfortunately, it is too late.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

I have noticed comprehension is not your forte, did OP dispute your view, does your point change the fact that there are more fake men than the ones you call real men. e be like say age still dey your side ... enjoy yle it last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Guys, Silly Things You Should Stop Doing When Your Are 25yrs& Above / I have Gotta Crush On Alampasu, The U-17 Nigerian Goalkeeper / Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.