Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays (62691 Views)

Why Majority Of Married Men No Longer Kiss Their Wives / Why Many Ladies Will Not Get Married Nowadays / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by doscar(m): 9:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Chrisjay1998:

Babe see ehhh have been reading ur Comments and the people Quoting you
your Reasoning is below Average to be Honest with you
Did you Just said a woman's Money is not meant to be shared ??
which Century do you think your living ??
in the 1990s ??
Your Fellow girls are out their Hustling and your here getting angry because people termed you a " leech "
and Seriously you sounded like One
if your dating or you have a fiancee , I seriously Hope and pray The Young Man would see the kind of Person you Are and take his life from your Miserable Life
don't go And Upgrade your self wait for a Prince charming to do Everything for you
A saying Goes that " It's only a Girl that is dependent on her boy friend in a relationship Fears Break up more Dan Anything

Bro you said it all. Intelligence shouldnt be for a one sided gender. Nigerian girls please upgrade your thinking!! Most of the time, it is always shallow

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 07, 2020
Chii59:
Ever childish ZIINI. When will you grow and have sense?
question for the gods
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by MorningStar233: 9:43am On Nov 07, 2020
Skepticus:

What are the valuable benefits of marriage to men these days outside raising kids and the deception called companionship?

And plenty girls are following you.....you call the companionship deception, no worry...God na mumu for creating marriage abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by ezechi24(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
No it still happen till now, especially with a particular tribe in nigeria, i am not aspiring to be a full time housewife, Godforbid, if i am then why am i wasting my parent money going to school, i just said that because it still happening in this era.

msshww...so you ate still a kid and you want to talk about marriage...na wa
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2020
denjjy:
Nigeria is not just a country where a youth would think the next step to take is to lead a lady to the alter. if you must settle down as a youth in this country, you need to be financially and materially bouyant. I usually gets dejected anytime I think about been single at my age, but what will I do, I can't kill myself na. I've been deserted twice by ladies who I promised marraige but couldn't wait any longer because of the delay. Graduated since 2016 and still living in my parent's house, recieves #15000 monthly from a private firm, tell me; considering the hyper inflation in our country today and the bizarre cost of living, can #15000 cater for a family for a month? absolutely no. I know we are in this messful country together, let's hope 9ja go better one day

God have mercy on us, Thank God my father force me to learn tailoring now I go to work, come back home and huzle in my room again,
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by jonnayo(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.
Continue to pray, you will see one soon.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2020
Mutemenot:
cheesy Marry an Igbo woman, you won't regret it... she's money oriented and would do all possible to fetch money for you.. Get her any biz from sratch, she ll grow it wella.

I concur bro I will go to Enugu and search for one if only they will give a rich aboki their daughter. grin grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by od501: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
Men are the broke ones these days, OP. Don't get it twisted.

Yes, and that's cos women don use pussy confuse this few idiots up there.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Kokaine(m): 9:48am On Nov 07, 2020
Chii59:

A lot of women are taking up such roles as breadwinners, even women who have husbands.
For me.... I just want to see that factor in the woman that she is ready to make money. I want to see her mentality that she is not okay been a liability. And that her parents are not trying to make me inherit the responsibilities of bringing her up the way my parents did. After that is achieved, I can join her get up in life. Else... What happens if I am the only bread winner and I die? What will happen to the kids? She will be forced to marry whoever approaches her because she has no alternative
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Kranediggy(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2020
OyinO:

This is what they do in the USA. The Woman and the Man share the responsibilities of getting married and life after marriage. You're 100% on point, and you're a great Intellectual and analyst.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by fergie001: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2020
This thread is sweet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by tobe1985: 9:49am On Nov 07, 2020
pocohantas:

This is Nigeria, everyone would never earn 100k, let alone 400k. I remember making my hair somewhere and one lady there said the only way she can work in corporate Nigeria is if they pay her like 150k. I was shocked at her target, but it reminded me of the reality in Nigeria.

The most important thing is to get a supportive partner and cut down on unnecessary things. We should also watch the number of kids we have. Nigerians too born abeg!

Wedding has never been compulsory. Especially when the couple cannot afford one.

That I agree with, the reason said 400k is so I can save for the rainy day, or investments.
A family of a husband, wife And kids has a running cost of about 150-200k monthly

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2020
Paxxcarl:
those broke men are doing better than ur dad cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Finchmgh: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice[b], a woman money is not suppose to be shared[/b].

A typical ashawo spotted

From the bolded, I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you are nothing but a cheap and lazy LovePeddler.

Get your lazy ass up and work with your hands and stop depending on men for your daily survival.

Ashawo not be work I...na management

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by sterlingD(m): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2020
The truth and nothing but the REAL TRUTH is that times have changed.The economy is not smiling at all.A greater part of the responsibilities involved in marriage requires finance.This is giving a lot of single men headache and heart attack when they think of marriage.And you know the worst part;things are getting harder by the day so guys have to think and rethink and overthink so hence the delay.

2 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Finchmgh: 9:51am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice , a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

A typical ashawo spotted

From the bolded, I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you are nothing but a cheap and rotten ashawo

Get your lazy ass up and work with your hands and stop depending on men for your daily survival.

Ashawo not be work I...na management
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by captainamiedi1: 9:52am On Nov 07, 2020
cybernaut:
It all depend the way you want your families to look likes. If she is broke and you like her and her character is good to you while not update her so that she can be useful to you while you enjoy your family in peace.

When it come to relationship I think you choose who you like and who is inline with your spirit.

Bro avoid unambitious ladies. i kwn of one like that. the guy did everything to update her, even send her to school and make such she learn some handwork but the lady is just not taking everything serious. all she wants is for the guy to marry her

3 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2020
ehinmowo:
It is extremely difficult to marry in today's NIgeria. The bills alone will kill you.

As man you could could survive hunger. No matter how a woman wants you, once money is not forthcoming, problem will surface. Some will try to get cash from their family, exes, friends etc. That in itself will end up in premium tears. So just give yourself peace of mind. And allow marriage to come in its time.

It better for guys to chill. As a man, you can always give birth anytime you want.
But bro how can ladies agree with this assertion knowing fully well that if men stay longer to get married, many women will not get married.
You should abeg marry guy.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by 2cribz: 9:53am On Nov 07, 2020
Im gon be 32 next year and i ai t thinkn abt marrying any naija lady.never

4 Likes

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Pelxmiye(m): 9:54am On Nov 07, 2020
Mineisgrace:
It's true partial but what about people who are married and it is only the wife that has a job but the husband doesn't.

Well...that happens... that's the whole point of the discussion for me, how both partners react to financial issues
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Madam is a must stop making men die untimely cz of pressure.

Men die from poor feeding, smoking, drinking, and having sex up and down.

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by ERCROSS(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
All this broke men creating nonsense tread self undecided, haven't you people see real men that get married then ask their wives to sit at home, that is becoming full time housewives, those men do they have two heads? are they not the one taking the whole responsiblity? mtcheeeeew.

So the ones that did not ask their wives to sit at home are UNREAL men abi? Just asking ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Liposure: 9:55am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.
my sister that's a selfish mentality. Kindly read Mark 10:8 and genesis 2:18
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by IAMPEDRO: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
Bitter Truth: Main Reason Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays.

Its simply because, majority of ladies are broke & depend on their future spouse, to continue from where their parents stopped in breeding them. There's no way only the man's income will be enough to run the family. Women should be earning too, in marriages to balance the financial weight, you should be able to earn even before marriage...

I strongly believe that if women save up for marriage as men do, then couples can easily marry for love & all these few years contract-marriages will end. The most annoying part of this is that most ladies think men need just a housekeeper, cook or a nanny; but they really need a partner who should be a real woman; which is a true helper of her man, that's what woman means.

Common! the two people became one under marriage, there's nothing like the woman's money & there's also nothing like the man's; both are meant to share everything together. Many ladies love a man's material things not him nowadays, that's why marriages hardly start or last today...
Truth is that there is nothing compared to as when the man is working the woman is also working. It's more better to start earning before marriage so as to make things easy for both parties. Another way this will help is the way and mentally of the children under working class parents. Fact is that no WOMAN will reject the opinion of staying at home while the man goes to work all day, but, that's not a good idea. I see a working class lady in a huge different way, I love them!
Two good head is better than one good head.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 9:58am On Nov 07, 2020
tobe1985:
In my opinion if a man is not earning 400k and above he has no business getting married in this Nigeria if 2020.
A decent wedding will cost u a minimum of 500k.
U must rent a house (at least a 2 bedroom), buy furniture, a generator, a car hospital bills etc.
Even good food is becoming expensive these days because of inflation.
To top it all up, u go and marry a typical money hungry nigerian woman that will be demanding heaven and earth from u, worse still her family members will also demand their own.
When children come, your cost triples.
Abeg I'll wait till I'm super rich before I marry even if I'm age 50.

Abeg marry please, with 50k some people married and they didn't die.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Mekenz(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2020
denjjy:
Nigeria is not just a country where a youth would think the next step to take is to lead a lady to the alter. if you must settle down as a youth in this country, you need to be financially and materially bouyant. I usually gets dejected anytime I think about been single at my age, but what will I do, I can't kill myself na. I've been deserted twice by ladies who I promised marraige but couldn't wait any longer because of the delay. Graduated since 2016 and still living in my parent's house, recieves #15000 monthly from a private firm, tell me; considering the hyper inflation in our country today and the bizarre cost of living, can #15000 cater for a family for a month? absolutely no. I know we are in this messful country together, let's hope 9ja go better one day
mehn it's not easy ooo, 15k per month, hmmm e go better.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Prymestrr(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2020
Kranediggy:
This is really wrong my dear and also outdated. Come online!

She's an analogue. Can't connect to the server.
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Necksonnel: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:

Everyman cannot be that rich or wealthy to ask there wives to sit at home. And why will a woman want to just sit at home doing nothing like a village cook if she's educated and also have a good career. Not upto 10% of men will do that and who will help out if things doesn't go well for the man.
Average nigerian girl mentality. Just nothing to offer
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by dominique(f): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

They have no usefulness at all, none.

In many cases, once the woman starts earning considerable amount of money, the men abandon breadwinning for them and start spending their money on frivolities like carrying girls up and down.

Only them want to boss women around and expect submission from women but the same women must be earning money to feed them an pay their bills, these same women must throw away their fathers name after marriage and start bearing the name of a man she is feeding and paying his bills.

Lol they've started wailing in my mentions

Don't mind them, they've putting pressure on the women to carry their responsibilities so they can squander their own money on girlfriends and frivolities. Some many homes nowadays are being financed by the wife, but they will come online and be shouting we're breadwinners blablabla

Almost everywhere I look I see different women hustling different businesses till late in the night, then I come online and see the men shouting we are breadwinners,women bring nothing to the table yen, yen then I wonder if I'm living in an alternate universe. That's why in times of death, divorce or separation, the woman can stay in her own raising her kids while the man remarries as soon as possible. Who needs who more now?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Finchmgh: 10:02am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
Don't you ever in your miserable life insult my parent again, i don't joke with them, if your parent didn't teach you manners then look for who will teach you, miserable he-goat.

Shame to your parents, especially your mother for raising a useless daughter like you.

Last last, na bele you go carry. No reasonable man will pay bride price on a rotten olosho like yourself
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by ERCROSS(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2020
virginprincess:
I said what i said because you guys are taking it like it a must that women must part of the family responsibility, it not suppose to be a must but choice, a woman money is not suppose to be shared.

Normally, I don't attack people based on their opinion, but this one... You are the kinda girl I won't even wish for enemy. Chai, see entitlement mentality on top a moist hole that will still run dry and a pair of mammary gland that will eventually wither off with time
Re: Why Majority Of Men Delay In Getting Married Nowadays by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2020
lahizak:

But a man is a breadwinner, a husband and a father. Sincerely, i have never seen a newly married man that allow his working wife do all the house chores without giving a hand. Men most often stop dos things when d children are of age to take over from em. No sane man will sit and allow his wife do all the work when she is also working.

It’s good you added sane. Most men are not sane. Only 1% are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Guys, Silly Things You Should Stop Doing When Your Are 25yrs& Above / I have Gotta Crush On Alampasu, The U-17 Nigerian Goalkeeper / Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.