Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. (47729 Views)

Help Help Facebook Is Ruining My Relationship / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Chris2863(m): 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lol, that’s just the fact
yomi007k:

He will...they always do.
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by segvic(m): 9:03pm On Nov 20, 2020
You girlfriend family get k leg, they will give you problem abeg. Run for your life abeg!
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by alizma: 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:
Good morning Nairalanders. I sure know you all fine.

I am writing this with heavy heart.
I know we have super rich people here who rose from poverty to riches.

This life isn't balance. Done with school. Been working as security administrator in my church and I earn 80k. I have been planning on getting married. Have met my fiance Parents, they were happy. I have engaged her she is happy. All of a sudden the elder brother who isn't around is angry that I haven't spoken to him about my intention. I have earlier tried his line severallly and it isn't going through. Had to chat him and he told me I am not serious that I should grow up. A bullet in my heart.

Her mum has suddenly changed and is accusing me for not calling her always.
This whole drama has gotten into my babe now she is talking about us suspending our marriage plan and try improving our income. (She is learning a skill)

I am fed up. Have suspended everything now. I have tried everything since I left school last year to improve my income. Apply for jobs here and there. Is just not cutting in.

Please, share your experience on how you were able to get out of this average life as a Nigerian.

Advise me and others still struggling to rise up.
You can recommend jobs for me.
I studied history and Diplomatic Studies.
Have some certification in Leadership and human resource. Trust me, I can deliver on anything legal. I have the capacity, but haven't gotten the opportunity.

Patiently reading.
First of all, your salary is not too small to threat your marriage proposal but you woman is not earning even for her daily bread talk more of clothing.
Secondly I will advise you never to make the mistake of getting married to a lady who cannot feed herself by her own effort. Always go for a girl who is done with her education and working, irrespective of the salary or a lady who is through with learning a trade and is on her own.
As for the ladies family, avoid such family, you have not marry their sister/daughter and they are already asking for daily worship. What stop them from calling you to know how you are doing, maybe they need someone to tell them back you are just about to buy of their liability and not their asset

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Maobichek: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
yomi007k:
Brother. Go for thanksgiving.
Hahahahaaa!!! of a truth, he can still meet a lady who would be Happy with him with 80k salary per month.

2 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by vickydevoka(m): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
pretydiva:
I think you should suspend the wedding, then you both work on your income. Things are pretty hard these days
You both should be financially buoyant before venturing into marriage
Sometimes school no good. Too much open eye de delay progress. Na so uneducated people de marry everyday for we syd, buh wen en come to graduates, na so so excuse. I regretted stepping my foot into de four walls of de university.
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by TheRedpillguy: 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
pretydiva:
I think you should suspend the wedding, then you both work on your income. Things are pretty hard these days
Modern ppl really don't know the important things in life. Until they hit 70 then they will realize how much they wasted doing things that don't matter.

2 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
pretydiva:
so what if they never grow beyond what they have?
marriage should only be for the rich abi?
basically happiness is only for the rich.

it's not as if these guys are dirt poor
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Karozy: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

This life isn't balance. Done with school. Been working as security administrator in my church and I earn 80k. I have been planning on getting married. Have met my fiance Parents, they were happy. I have engaged her she is happy. All of a sudden the elder brother who isn't around is angry that I haven't spoken to him about my intention. I have earlier tried his line severallly and it isn't going through. Had to chat him and he told me I am not serious that I should grow up. A bullet in my heart.

This whole drama has gotten into my babe now she is talking about us suspending our marriage plan and try improving our income. (She is learning a skill)

I am fed up. Have suspended everything now. I have tried everything since I left school last year to improve my income. Apply for jobs here and there. Is just not cutting in.

Please, share your experience on how you were able to get out of this average life as a Nigerian.

Have some certification in Leadership and human resource. Trust me, I can deliver on anything legal. I have the capacity, but haven't gotten the opportunity.

Patiently reading.

Most of the people giving you advise here are not married,see my brother I know 80k is not a big money but trust me you can start from there because if you are waiting to have 10 million before getting married you might wait for a long time, your girlfriend is the problem here and pls don't allow her to make you become desperate to the extent of you involving in dubious means to make money

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2020
thesicilian:
With the marriage plans, it seems you were heading into the life of the average Nigerian family man living daily from hand to mouth and praying fervently for the next day's meal. Thank God for your girlfriend and in-laws who God has used to redeem you (whether their intentions are genuine or not).

My advice to you is that you should invest most of your salary into marketable skills, keep your certificates aside for now. Learn a skill that you know can set you up within 6months to 1yr and then start your own business based on that skill. It could be in IT, Real estate, engineering, construction, general grade, etc, just something with good potentials that God can bless for you.
so for your mind now, everyone can get rich. isn't wealth relative?
so what if all these options fail. he should never get married? note: this guy is not dirt poor
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by vickydevoka(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
thesicilian:
With the marriage plans, it seems you were heading into the life of the average Nigerian family man living daily from hand to mouth and praying fervently for the next day's meal. Thank God for your girlfriend and in-laws who God has used to redeem you (whether their intentions are genuine or not).

My advice to you is that you should invest most of your salary into marketable skills, keep your certificates aside for now. Learn a skill that you know can set you up within 6months to 1yr and then start your own business based on that skill. It could be in IT, Real estate, engineering, construction, general grade, etc, just something with good potentials that God can bless for you.
I don't like dis advice bcus after de skills me might become more fustrated in lyf. Al dis skills skils , if we don't convert Dem to plenty money de are useless
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by crackhouse(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
Everybody have his own problem. Deal with yours.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Alfabest07(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2020
FanOfMyself:

drop me a message, I might not reply immediately
baba, I'm interested in learning the web development, can i go ahead & message you as well?
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by NOwazobia: 9:12pm On Nov 20, 2020
One thing i have come to realised in many marital failures is the premarital desperation to get married, which makes able men and women settle for what is available, because they felt age is no longer on their side, also their peers are getting married so they gat to get married quickly too. Such marriages are always filled with too many ups and downs.

2 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by bluefilm: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

Patiently reading.

You are looking at trouble and you want to enter inside it with your full chest abi?

In case you cannot read the handwriting on the wall, they have found another suitor for the girl.

Move on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by yomi007k(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Maobichek:

Hahahahaaa!!! of a truth, he can still meet a lady who would be Happy with him with 80k salary per month.

The lady dictating terms and conditions to him doesnt have a job.

I pity men that dont think. Their lifespan is usually shortened.

4 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by EM123: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:
Please can we focus our energy now on making money.
Please suggest best possible ways I can help my financial situation
bro my advice is for u to seek a spiritual backup , am not talking of money ritual . If u seek spiritual backup favour will locate u in anything u are doing , if u like learn all the skills in nigeria and u don't have favour , ur skill is waste in nigeria . U can b working in dat ur working place , a bigger contract will meet u . That is the result of spiritual backup .

3 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by CzarChris(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

Thanksgiving for what brother
My man, you just dodged a bullet. That family never serious.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by mright05(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2020
Escabado:
[color=#770077][/color]

A man earning 80k is very good and right to get married. Your woman is a materialistic woman and so is her family. If her elder brother thinks u are not doing well , he should assit you with some money to start something that suits him. Pls man up . Don't allow them determine for you , other wise they will be the one controlling the marriage. U need to dump that girl and find a better girl. Imagine a jobless girl complaining about your income. She should go and work to make money too .

Oil full your head bro, she is not contributing any income , but she is coming about your income, u get mind to marry that kind gals oh,

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

Patiently reading.

Sometimes, the prayers we make to God, to help us not to marry into a bad family or marriage will be answered in ways we might not understand now but later.

If the beginning of the journey to forever, is bringing premium tears and bullet in the heart now, imagine how the middle of the journey will be.

Discuss with your people esp your father, (if alive),/or one of his brothers or an elderly person in your religion center.

Its well with you. Amen
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Killermamba: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

Patiently reading.

Run from that union if you can

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
MAJOR STORIES COMING 2021
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2020
Afikoo:

Patiently reading.

Hey

Concentrate completely on yourself and improve on all round

If you succeed, you'll not be explaining yourself to anyone
They would rather be pushing their daughter to you

Explanations are for the POOR
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by sameagles(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bro you have gotten some good advice here, I'm married 12 years now with two kids and sometimes I just wish I had not married, every money now is not mine but for the family upkeep, just making you know life is a phrase. Thank God she started this early enough, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

4 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by singwa: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
If you have a skill, don't hesitate to market it.
See link below to advertise your services for FREE.

Turn on your device location services to see the distance between you and the service providers around you. See link below.
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Hassanmaye(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=pretydiva post=96204852]I think you should suspend the wedding, then you both work on your income. Things are pretty hard these days
You both should be financially buoyant
before venturing into marriage [/lquote]

That's it God bless you actually is what keeping many men now away from marriage they want to be financially sound
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by vickydevoka(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2020
newoffer:
Do not force any lady into marriage, You pay is manageable except Na slay Queen she be. Our problem is trying to please people.
2016, I was earning 17500 naira when got married Bro. I reduce the people's expectation by doing the needful.
Today, life don change. If she no reason you please let her go.
Na u Sabi.
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by FanOfMyself: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
Isuku01:

Please I am interested learning programming
How do we get to make this possible?

Kindly revert.

Thanks sir.
09074191547 WhatsApp.
Please if you are not ready to start learning right away don't contact me. Lots of people here contact me just to waste my precious time. You can drop any questions you have on here
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by toye440: 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Why grieve over egypt when its the lords doing. Anyone who cant appreciate u know, is not fit to be in ur plans.
That being said, not every man would accept u as inlaw not because of what u earn, it is the security in ur job.
I want to cease this opportunity to advice anyone who seeks to futher his/ her education not to waste time studying courses from Faculty Of Arts, a welder today has more dignity and respect than a jobless certificate carrying graduate.
Brother, U need more streams to sustain a family. Marriage is not for boys, trust me ur #80k is not good enough. Remember u will pay house rent, buy food, pay for utility bills, ur wife would need money for upkeep which is constant then transportation daily all inside #80k.
Brother u need more streams or u may struggle in ur marriage, and u dont want the one u thought love u, be the one telling u she thought she got married to a man. Well, if u belong to the category of God would provide while relying on church members or pastor, bros e go shock you.
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by timisquare82(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thank your God that woman is not your wife
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by noskcid(m): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2020
See nonsense wey family wey get boys dey do
If dem do their son like that dem go like am?
Table dey turn o.
Stupid country.
Abeg How much go carry me reach China?
undecided
Re: My Relationship Is Being Affected Because Of My Low Income. by Heineken(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
Chummynoni:
Take yur time bro. If she is meant for you,she will stay wit u no matter what. If i share my story, you wud know that what is yours wud always be yurs no matter the circumstance.
may God bless you bro. I like this your talk...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down / » Top 10 Female Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles / Man Gets Awesome Reward From His Girlfriend After He Made Unusual Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.