Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months (62581 Views)

Men Can You Marry A Lady With Too Many Tattoos: see picture / Do Ladies Consider Themselves "Being Too Broke" For A Relationship? / Your Faithful Wife Will Fvck Other Men When You Are Broke For A Long Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 02, 2020
Professorcplus:
Such ladies are only been self-centered. Humans will always be humans

Maslow Hierarchy ?
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Don27tiky(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2020
kevoh:
Instead of acting broke for whatever number of months, why not upgrade/double your hustle or stick to babes on your financial level. Yes, females, will rush after males that are financially buoyant. No human likes to suffer! That's the way it is!

the guy say act broke. You can double your hustle and be more rich but act broke to know your woman's true nature. He is 10000% right

8 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by spiceadole: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2020
You act broke and poor when you are running after a broke and poor lady.

So you will meet a woman who is doing well for herself,say a medical doctor(like myself) and you start acting broke and poor...You are funny.
I won't even look at you twice.
Am I broke?

PS: I'm married with kids.
Just used myself as an example.

2 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by OmoManU: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2020
OcVoice:
Had a similar case. Everything was going well till I lost my job. She couldn't adjust cos she was used to enjoyment. We were going for our marriage course, I had done introduction sef. She just woke up one morning and decided to break ties with me. She aborted the pregnancy.

I had since moved on though.

I don't know what happened to the girls of our time. Our moms suffered well with our dads without complain. Love was REAL and TRUE then. It was beyond money.

God will help our generation!
relatable

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by WrittyWritter(f): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2020
OcVoice:

The reward mustn't come from the man. The children could bring the reward too.
You already took a vow: for better, for worse! It could be worse all through but the consolation should be the children.

My mom suffered with my dad but she never got any reward from him till he died.
She's enjoying now, courtesy of her children

But it is not fair..u suffer with a man and when he makes it..he goes outside and spend on other ladies leaving u to suffer..it happened to my mom..so I know what I'm saying..u think it does not pain d woman..and if not 4 d children it will be like she suffered in vain.

Dat is y my mom also suffered 4 us. .so dat we won't suffer 4 any man smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by jaxxy(m): 11:49am On Dec 02, 2020
greymiles:
Girl leave you to upgrade u dey cry
Men are not like this before but these days men have turned to cry babies.
A lady break up with a guy, he runs to social media to cry and gather sympathy

If u dey work for fuel station and chevron give u appointment, u go wait?

It’s not about break up cos any relationship can breakup bt it also depends on the type of relationship we are talking about here.

A gal Ure dating and even planning to marry based on ur discussion shud do better. Atleast try hard to help b4 jumping ship or else it’s not real. It’s all fake.

Some people don’t care about such things bt some don’t want a fair weather babe/wife/partner either. It’s ur choice.

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Talkingoil(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2020
Mitsurugi:
That's how I married my wife. She was the first lady to tell me to return my father's car and start taking transport till I buy my OWN. Predictably fair weather chics fled grin. She even gave me T. Fare to keep on at a job that was owing me till I got a better one. But me gifts too. That was when I knew she was THE ONE. I married her without a job, we slept on the floor for the first few months. But today, our home is a pride and I bought that my own car and I don't think it when it comes to spending on her. And yes, she's a Nigerian Igbo woman grin Jumoke is right because some specie of slay things we have these days ehn... angry

Wow, and her mother didn't trouble you? Your wife is really matured

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by SweetCunt97(f): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2020
Give the lady a chance to like you first before acting Broke. No be say you meet me today wan come dey feed me broke story next week.. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

3 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by emeejinsm: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2020
same fate here lost a relationship of three years last week because of 5k girl doesn't appreciate even though I send her money every two weeks

6 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2020
Zzor:
Why the need to act broke? for what exactly? Nigerian men and their anyhow mentality. Act or fake broke and watch me leave your sorry ass when I find out, rubbish

In case of after 2 kids, things now go sour for the husband can you tell me the kind of attitude the wife will start exhibit.

Anybody, not only woman to man that assist you when things are rosy, the partner is supposed to stand by him or her if things go negative.

Any Nigeria girl that is still 29 downward hardly loyal in relationship.

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by chinchonglee(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2020
kambili999:
Why are u guys so quick to tagging all Nigerian ladies as gold diggers?
Yes, some ladies are more interested in the money of guys but some just want someone who will give them peace, love and respect

Its really not fair on the side of ladies who work hard and pay their bills

Women generally love to be cared for but not every girl is after money.

Some nigerian ladies are very contented and even encourage men to be their best

Thats if you want to be fair in your judgement
Tell me the truth.
If that ur loving and caring boyfriend lost his job, will u still be with him?

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by SweetCunt97(f): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2020
Mitsurugi:
That's how I married my wife. She was the first lady to tell me to return my father's car and start taking transport till I buy my OWN. Predictably fair weather chics fled grin. She even gave me T. Fare to keep on at a job that was owing me till I got a better one. But me gifts too. That was when I knew she was THE ONE. I married her without a job, we slept on the floor for the first few months. But today, our home is a pride and I bought that my own car and I don't think it when it comes to spending on her. And yes, she's a Nigerian Igbo woman grin Jumoke is right because some specie of slay things we have these days ehn... angry
Yes and that's because she chose you. You fitted the picture she had in her heart ni. We Igbo ladies try to make our men financially independent while being their backbone.

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by robosky02(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2020

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by TimiRume(f): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2020
Even male animals provide space and succor for their female catch before mating but nairaland cry babies want to turn nature around.

I can't wait for my sisters to marry white men, black men can never get it together, now they want women to abandon their natural instinct of seeking wealthy men because they can't meet up.

I'm glad to see so many Nigerian women marrying white men. Black men are so relaxed that's why they can't build anything.

9 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Cutehector(m): 11:57am On Dec 02, 2020
When you people will be calling ladies of 28 and above evening newspaper and be dating small girls wey their body still dey scratch them, things of this sort will happen. Older ladies have seen it all in life and can manage with a struggling guy but you see those daughters of eve wey their brain still never sabi anything in life, avoid them. They are only meant for sex and nothing serious like marriage

7 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by TimiRume(f): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2020
chinchonglee:

Tell me the truth.
If that ur loving and caring boyfriend lost his job, will u still be with him?
And why should she still be with him? If your gf loses her looks or good behaviour will you leave her?

3 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2020
Ugandan! Geez
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Smony: 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Femi just tnk God maybe she is not the right partner fr U but sometimes u might loss the right one if u continue acting like this. Guy broke(poverty) no be good thing, even you no go like urslf if u dey poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Erojepromise(f): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mitsurugi:
Not every home/ marriage can be like yours l have witnessed events where the woman stood with the man through thick and thin but when things got better, that was when the man started falling out of love for her, looking for faults when there isn't, womanizing and the rest. Sometimes the sacrifice isn't worth it

5 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by MadeMan01(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nuttella:
Does suffering equate for a being a wife material? What kind of poverty mentality is that?

But you expect the guy to come back and pick her when things are rosy ABI? Everything in life has time and season. Even weather has rainy season and dry season. If you don't prepare for rainy season, you won't reap harvest.

Na woman when prove herself by loyalty na him man dey elevate. If not pick her when you need her like Yahoo boys treat girls. When Yahoo boys are broke at working, they have no need for woman, when they hit, they think of buying girls because they know why the girls give them attention. But what makes a woman valuable is her loyalty to go through good and bad with a man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Tunagee(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mitsurugi:

Where can one get such ladies now? Very very difficult.
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Tunagee(m): 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nuttella:
Does suffering equate for a being a wife material? What kind of poverty mentality is that?

So ladies must depend on men for survival? What happens to ladies too making things work by being a career woman and also supporting the husband? Av always disliked Nigerian ladies cos of their mentality.

3 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Maj196(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Naija guys dey fvck up sha. How on earth will you spend on a girl that's not your wife Knowing fully well she might leave you. Una go get sense by force angry

5 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Jack005(m): 12:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
OcVoice:
Had a similar case. Everything was going well till I lost my job. She couldn't adjust cos she was used to enjoyment. We were going for our marriage course, I had done introduction sef. She just woke up one morning and decided to break ties with me. She aborted the pregnancy.

I don't know what happened to the girls of our time. Our moms suffered well with our dads without complain. Love was REAL and TRUE then. It was beyond money.

Are you married now? Are things better now?
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Tunagee(m): 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
Karlifate:

The harsh truth is, women love comfort & in this materialistic generation, money provides that comfort.

They are fools! Let them also go and work hard. Their fathers and mothers were wretched too, that's a the reason. A woman who has seen wealth while growing up won't be too materialistic, but you see all these poverty girls doing runs upandan, they will be looking for father Christmas. I hate Nigerian ladies I tell u

1 Like

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by RPirez: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
The thing is, I don't really blame these ladies, it's the foolish 9ja men I have to blame. Majority of 9ja men win ladies heart with money and material wealth. Some men just lack everything needed to win a lady's heart hence, retort to buying love with money. You see several 9ja men spending a fortune on women all in the name of love... Rubbish! Some buy cars and other expensive gifts they never bought for their own mums. angry

POVERTY!!! undecided

This is very common within the 9ja society. Ladies ONLY marry for comfort and feeling entitled. Just imagine the mofo telling the dude, she's been faithful for 2yrs like she did him a favor for being faithful. angry NONSENSE! angry

How many of these ladies spend their own hard-earned income lavishly on their men?

8 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Godada(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

You are not only confused, but also confusing others in your hypocrisy! Read the part I highlighted again... You basically negated everything with that statement.

You said the rich marry the rich... How many Nigeria spinsters are rich?!! Scratch that... How many of them even have something akin to an income??!... Is what is good for the goose no longer good for the gander, and vice versa??!

While I equally see nothing wrong in a lady breaking up a relationship on the grounds of financial inadequacy, let's stop acting like it is solely a man's duty to build a financial legacy for a relationship... That's unusually backward thinking, and pathetic to say the least.

It's such mindset that has made the average Nigerian lady a liability in most relationships and marriage.

While I will also not allow my daughters marry paupers, it will solely be because I will raise hardworking career and well to do women, who can hold their own in a male dominated elite world... I will raise independent women who won't be liabilities to men with an entitlement mentality... The kind of women deserving of equally hardworking and wealthy men.

Would it take anything from you making your point without insults.

Whatever you chose to see in the society is your prerogative. The families of Buhari, El Rufai et al married into rich families. The news was all over the place. Why would such stupendously rich folks marry themselves? So where did your rich spinsters come from? Such warped sentimentality doesn't change facts

But agreeing with me that your daughter wouldn't marry a pauper makes you a confused one.

Maybe your family prides themselves with penury which is not bad

But restrict your caustic thinking to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Baiser(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2020
Godada:
grin

Bros, I don't think you understand the morals of the post.

Nobody plan to suffer.

Life is up and down.
Today you are up, she's with you.
Tomorrow if you down, are u saying its okay for her to leave you?
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by iamJ(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2020
OcVoice:

that babe is savage cheesy see breakup
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Neddstark: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bluezy13:

Really...
Where did this happen ??

Somewhere in the South-South
Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by 900warriorz: 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Omaigot grin grin grin The last line got me rolling on the floor laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am not seeing a dp again, no be blocking be this cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Jumoke Story: Before You Marry A Nigerian Lady, Act Broke For Months by Karlifate: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tunagee:

They are fools! Let them also go and work hard. Their fathers and mothers were wretched too, that's a the reason. A woman who has seen wealth while growing up won't be too materialistic, but you see all these poverty girls doing runs upandan, they will be looking for father Christmas. I hate Nigerian ladies I tell u

Some men are also part of what's giving them confidence.

All these sugar daddies, alhajis, politicians & the likes prefer the young girls they can control with money.

Thus, all these small girls begin to look down on men they feel are not on their level.

Yeah! It's a materialistic generation where people ask how much you earn, so that they can calculate the size of respect they'll give to you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

(photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. / Oyinbo Man Does Press-up As His Fiancee Rests On Him In Pre-wedding Photos / Ugandan Policemen Arrest Teenage Lovers Having Sex After Raiding Hotel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.