Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44079 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by realtalk19: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mumben:
Get lemon, cut in two and use it to rub ur armpit after bathing it has drying effect which will control excessive sweating thereby eliminating d odour.

This suggestion is very effective, also try soaking ur armpit with baking soda and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing. Shave regularly

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by lomprico(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

cut n rub lime on it

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sagieramos(m): 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
SAVAGEBETS:

Actually it does... This is not hear say, I have researched it in the past. Lol try working with Indians and then you'll understand.
It does only for the moment but will cease after washing the mouth. As for those Indians that smells of garlic, it's cause by excessive sulfate in the gall due to over consumption of garlic. The same garlic in moderation can also eliminates most bacterias including those that causes body odour
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by drmistng: 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try DR.mist product available in jiji and olx and thank me later when you try the product for body odour and other uses for personal hygiene. also see our profile on nairaland

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Imstar: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.

Treat internal heat and your issue is settled. Dont do any other thing...
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by dnapstar(m): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
SUPERPACK:
Why not visit a dermatologist, this could be your skin secreting these bad odour, maybe due to allergy or abnormal hormone levels.

Rub baking soda(they are 2 types) on your armpit after taking you bath.
It works like magic.

Atleast for most part of the day tre smell wont be There.

Secondly, when washing your cloths, focus on the armpit.

Also get white t-shirt to wear under your main outfit.

Try these and you would experience a great change.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Teewai69: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Here are some tips I feel will help
1. If you're fair in complexion, kindly stop all those skin lightening creams for now. Most people who bleach et tone their skin tend to smell.
2. Food reaction: you could be reacting to stuffs like onions, ginger et garlic. Too much consumption of the above mentioned tend to make your sweat /odour stronger. For now watch what you eat.
3. Bathe regularly
4. Clothes/fabric: wear more of cotton material clothings and make sure they are always free on you. Not too tight so that air can flow freely
5. Try as much as possible to do less stressful work so as to control your sweat.
6. Your having boil repeatedly is because you use your roll-on/deodorant spray immediately after shaving which is very wrong. Any day you shave stay away from roll on. Also if you use a shaving stick for shaving your armpit, always follow a pattern, either upward or downward shaving and not just shaving roughly cuz if you shave roughly, by the time the hairs start growing out in couple of days it tends to grow inside and start developing small lumps which comes a little bit painful. I'm sure you understand all my explanation here.
7. I recommend you start using yoruba herbal black soap to bathe. That is ose dudu osun with local sponge. Thats the process we do for new borns.

I wish you all the best, take care and stay blessed.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by iykololo(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Start by bathing atleast 4times every day.
Use scenty deodorants. Thank me later
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by harmony75: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
you maybe a cousin to he goat � ��� so man live on water water water good you take bath twice but your water intake will make a great difference it is 8glasses a day but yours should be more � ..use lime to scrub your armpit sometimes, it helps!
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by smogjoe(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Anything they ask you to do, please do it, but don't forget to always take a lot of water. If 10 litres is possible, please do...
E get why...
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Segzy19: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try crystal deodorant.
It's an odourless deodorant.

You may not have to order online from Alli Express or Amazon as it is not readily available in Nigeria.

Try it and see but return to give us feedback...

Regards
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Onikhristina: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
shave your armpit regularly and rub alum on your armpit at night,you should notice a change within few days.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
luminouz:

Be careful of roll-Ons like Sure for men by Nivea. It has aluminum and that is not good for your skin in the long run. There has been carcinogenic effects of using these things

Oh wow thanks for this. I'll keep it in mind... smiley
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by akin9ja78(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Excuse me can i laugh a little bit.’
My advice for you is to stop bathing more than once a day, meditate often, breathe well it will go, you are not alone I don pass that level.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bigcee(m): 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try this roll-on and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bjtinz: 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
iykololo:

Start by bathing atleast 4times every day.
Use scenty deodorants. Thank me later

Seriously?? shocked he don turn fish be that naa tongue

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by akphrat(m): 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

. Kindly put a bucket of water outside around 6:30 pm till next day 6:30pm again.
Make sure you put emzor salt to the water and use palm oil to rub your body from head to toe so use the water to bath as the sun set. You will wash your body with water a s native sponge
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Mandela27: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
I feel for u man.Having an unpleasant odour around u is so frustrating..myself am suffering halitosis-very attractive,handsome dark boy with full beards,I get attention from girls all the time but I just act like I dont care because I dont want to go close..mhen! Someone adviced me to use bitterkola,I've been using it since last week,I no longer feel the dragon smell rooting out from my stomach but I still havent trusted it cus the main mouth still has this awkward warm odour...I just tire,I dont know when i will get over this,although is has really reduced,I can talk with someone but not yet sure of face2face conversation...this is frustrating

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by stacyadams: 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

..try Nivea roll on..
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Wrooks(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
I knew of someone with such issue.
But I advised the person to just get wooden charcoal big one.
Soak it in your bath water every time you want to bath, you can add disinfectant to the water as well.
But I tell you by God's grace it will vanish within a month.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bigcee(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
akphrat:
. Kindly put a bucket of water outside around 6:30 pm till next day 6:30pm again.
Make sure you put emzor salt to the water and use palm oil to rub your body from head to toe so use the water to bath as the sun set. You will wash your body with water a s native sponge
Palm oil? grin lwkmd grin

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Baff 2 times daily

Shave ur armpits and pubic hairs weekly.

It will clear.

If it doesn't stop, then it means u have been infected with bacteria that causes body odour....visit a doctor or med lab scientist.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by mcfestgee: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use lime to wash areas you sweat from, like the armpit. Do it once a week and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Wrooks(m): 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mandela27:
I feel for u man.Having an unpleasant odour around u is so frustrating..myself am suffering halitosis-very attractive,handsome dark boy with full beards,I get attention from girls all the time but I just act like I dont care because I dont want to go close..mhen! Someone adviced me to use bitterkola,I've been using it since last week,I no longer feel the dragon smell rooting out from my stomach but I still havent trusted it cus the main mouth still has this awkward warm odour...I just tire,I dont know when i will get over this,although is has really reduced,I can talk with someone but not yet sure of face2face conversation...this is frustrating
Just grind charcoal into powder. Get a brush and use it to every morning and last thing to wash out mouth daily. For a month a see the drastic change by God's grace. Regards

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
yes there some deodorants your body would react to and bring about boils under your armpits.Those deodorants are the anti-perspirant ones that prevent u from sweating much and its the aluminium they added to it that causes the boils.There are other non anti-perspirant ones u could use that has no aluminium and if u use such ones the incidence of boil would be a thing of the past.Also there has been no proven fact that deodorants cause cancer and the nurse telling u such ought to know better.this is like the myths spread by ppl dat if u eat guava fruit the seed will give u appendix.U can try Nevea armpit rollon.it doesnt give bumps under ur armpit..If u cant get the non anti-perspirant deodorants in the supermarkets close to ur area u can try body spray.Also since u say sweat a lot then apart from ur morning shower also try to have an evening shower b4 u go to bed.then in the afternoons or evenings when u return from work or school instead of shuffling ur shirts and underwears in the wardrobe ..air them outside or wash them.then trim the hair under ur armpit and pubis as well .Then your diet too matters.If u want to smell good then also work on the inside.Try include things like bananas,oranges,grape,watermelon or any sort of fruits and vegetables.Micro-nutrients does wonders in the body both the inside and outside.if u do this religiously for a month the offensive odour will go away.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
mcfestgee:
Use lime to wash areas you sweat from, like the armpit. Do it once a week and thank me later.
hm
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Rayse13: 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Flashh: 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
@ OP. Don't mind those yeye people saying you should go visit a dermatologist(everything is dermatologist to them, even when it's headache). These dermatologists will just look for a way to deprive all your monetary savings from you, when you visit them.

Just try to accede to what I have to tell you... Firstly, clean+shave your armpits. Secondly, shower regularly and focus on scrubbing your armpits with sponge. On your busy days, make sure you shower with Sponge and anti-bacteria soap, at least, twice daily. When you fully indoor, try making it three times daily.(Morning, afternoon and night) Try it for minimum of 2 weeks, it will surely work fine, and you will be aware of the difference.

Though, your daily activities and what you eat intensify the emanation of your body. You shouldn't forget, when you want to choose deodorants, get the "DEEP Dry doedorant." Use it after shower.

Start from there. Hygiene is very important in one's life.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Kayharry(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Thanks, will try this

BODY ODOUR AND BODY ITCHING
#ATGBodyOdorandItching.
Notes on Body Itching and Odor.

Is Body Odor Normal?
Bromhidrosis ( this is another word for body odor) happens mostly at puberty. This is because of increasing hormones called androgens during puberty.

♧♧Normally these hormones are not active until puberty, which is why body odor wasn’t a problem when you were a kid. Take Note!!

♧♧So, while sweat itself is virtually odorless, bacteria use it as a breeding ground and multiply rapidly. This is where personal hygiene comes into play.
What you smell is the products related to bacteria breakdown of keratin (protein) on the surface of the skin.

♧♧When you work out or move around in the heat or sun, your body produces sweat. Sweating is the body’s way of regulating temperature. When sweat meets the bacteria on the surface of yourskin, it produces an odor.

♧♧That smell is what we call body odor (or B.O. for short).

#How Do you Fight Body Odor?
If you want to be "odor-free" consider the following tips:
1. Apply an antiperspirant at bedtime after night bath. This gives the product a chance to work while you sleep and are not sweating. If you apply antiperspirants after showering in the moning, the sweat you accumulate will wash away the product and render you defenseless against daytime sweating. Remember, deodorants do not prevent sweating. They mainly mask the smell of the sweat on your skin.
Antiperspirants are chemical agents that reduce sweating. Many antiperspirant preparations also contain a deodorant, which helps to mask the smell. Check the product you use to make sure it contains an antiperspirant.

2. Keep your underarms dry. Bacteria have a hard time breeding in dry areas of the body.

3. Try a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water to fight body odor. Use 1 teaspoon of peroxide (3%) to 1 cup (8 ounces) of water. Wipe this on affected areas (underarm, feet, groin) with a washcloth. This may help destroy some of the bacteria that creates odor.

4. If sweat from working out is your No. 1 cause of body odor, wash your workoutclothes often. Sweaty gym clothes are a bacteria-breeding ground.

5. Change your diet. Sometimes, fatty foods, oils, or strong-smelling foods such as garlic, curry, and onions, can seep through your pores and cause body odor (always see a doctor or dietician before making drastic dietary changes).

6. If you have excessive sweating (called hyperhidrosis), talk to your doctor. There are a few treatment options for those with more severe sweating who desire more aggressive treatments.

7. Also, certain medical problems can lead to excessive sweating. Your doctor can make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.

8. Shaving your underarm regularly will help prevent the accumulation of bacteria and can reduce sweat and odor.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Abdurazak Habib Garba, 6 Others Test Positive In Kano / My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.