Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,419 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

What Can I Do About My Body Odour? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? (44088 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by luminouz(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:
Hmmm... All you need do is maintain a healthy lifestyle and good hygiene... Have your bath regularly and on time too... As for the body spray giving you boils, i will like to know the type of body sprays you used thy caused the boils cos I wear body sprays and roll Ons steady and i don't experience that...

Be careful of roll-Ons like Sure for men by Nivea. It has aluminum and that is not good for your skin in the long run. There has been carcinogenic effects of using these things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by naturefellow(m): 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nazgul:
Bath regularly, shave your armpit regularly, eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water regularly.
good points.

Let me add mine:

Do cardio exercises regularly - that makes your heart pump causing you to perspire profusely - running, walking, etc.
Shower before you dry out, after a brief rest. Use warm water occasionally. Then administer a good body spray. (Use bodyspray/perfume even if you don't plan to go out). Keeps you feeling fresh all day! It's oil-based perfume that's en vogue now and it lasts longer than its alcohol-based counterpart. You could get a 3ml vial for as low as N3k.

This exercise routine is therapeutic and helps keep bad body odour at bay, by naturally clearing your sweat pores and expelling toxins from your sweat glands/system

Body odour itself isn't bad. We all have individual body scents. Bad body odour stems from poor personal hygiene, health and sanitary practices.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by biomedixexcel(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
Hi all, I noticed I started developing body ordour under armpit in particular.
First time I noticed it was like more than a decade ago, then was in my 20s.
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.
Please help, what can I do?

I have a product you can use if you contact me
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Emperor4tune(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
There is a big difference about taking bath and visiting bathroom to waste water on skin,op i mean no insult by saying this

1. Change your bathing behaviour: there are people who bath without sponge & prefer using just soap,at times they claim sponge causes irritate,sensation or itching after use.(that is a paramount lie),the deep secret about body sponge is that it has types made of different texture to suit your skin type,you job is to figure of the best for you,e.g are foam sponge,rough sponge,netty sponge,cotton sponge,fur sponge(made of ram hair) etc,you dont have a soft skin and make use of netty sponge,what you use is either fur or foam sponge

2. Understand vital point that need rugged scrup &washing,ur yansh area in particular,pls dont joke,armpit & ear join

3.change ur towel,if possible dont rub cream except on face,arms,and leg,dont smoke nonsense,shut down alchohol,drink water like a camel till men ask if u are mad,rest well,visist your doctor & finally if spiritual then pray.am out of here

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by luminouz(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
LOVEGINO:
Take garlic, take garlic again and take more garlics.

And you think garlic won't make it worse?.
Unbridled garlic consumption will make your pores sweat garlic out and you will literally stink of garlic... ............
Combine garlic odour with armpit odour and see whether even animal go near you

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by BabaIbo: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Are you using a cream that has toning/lightening/bleaching effect?
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Jasobry: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:
So I started using medicated soaps and deodorants, at first it was a big challenge getting the one that worked for me because once I start sweating I notice that it will overpower most deodorants I used but one worked for me which is (sure for men the long one).
After some years I noticed I always have boils under my armpits as a result of high usage until a nurse adviced to stop using deodorants that it can lead to skin cancer, at first I didn't knew the cause of my constant boils was the deodorant until she told me and I stopped I noticed the boils just died off.
So I started using them again but this time sparingly, until I stopped using them like some years ago.
I was fine especially if I didn't sweat much during the day, the only thing I noticed was that if I don't shave on time I will have armpit odour or after shaving my armpits the odour will come again for some days then stop.
I was managing it like that, but was making sure I bath at least twice a day or as much I can in a day.

Recently, I was more of staying at home these days unless I have job to do outside.
Only for me to start noticing the armpit odour again, shaved and bath as much as I can yet it won't stop.

My armpits always smell like a per boiled onions some moments after bathing, I have been managing it with explorer sometimes it works depending on my activities for the day.
But it's peeling the skin under my armpits and it's hurting besides it give me boils.

I guess you use the alcoholic body spray,if yes.. stop it. Possibly get rexona or any other product but make sure its the powder spray an d not alcoholic

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Godfather03: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Use alum thank me leta

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Godfather03: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Rob the alum under ur armpit
Twice a day

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by lesson44: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Everyone have body odor, but we all use deodorant to suppress it. Unfortunately you are allergic to the deodorant you have tried.
I will advise you go shops were they sale good imported deodorants and try different ones until you find the one that fit right with your body. And pls avoid eating a lot of onions and garlics.
Change your under pant and singlet every day.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by aalangel(f): 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Lemon, alum, prayers because God never created you with an odour....and shame to that nurse that said deodorant leads to skin cancer.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Piston65:
[s][/s]
These suggestions are technically correct! Especially,bathing with antiseptic soap and regular use of deodorant.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by marsup: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

use lime. cut open the lime and rub the juice on your armpit before bathing in the morning and at night. hope you are not bleaching?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by kellybently(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Use lime on your armpit 10mins before you bath.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sagieramos(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Johnkwolesanni:
You have an undiagnosed illness if you like bath 50 times you go still smell the doctors for naija Dem be dead Dem go worsen your condition go find confirm herbalist explain your matter them go give you drug and also talk to you because you also need talk too

Best advice. This will certainly work but some people might misunderstood this for spiritualist
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by CastingCrowns(f): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
go to the supermarket ask for original crusader soap.. it works on body odour and many skin infections.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Notatribalist(m): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

That's joy ointment. Go and buy one..Use on ur armpit twice daily. Comeback to think me after 3days

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Notatribalist(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
marsup:
use lime. cut open the lime and rub the juice on your armpit before bathing in the morning and at night. hope you are not bleaching?
This will also work..
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sagieramos(m): 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
LOVEGINO:
Take garlic, take garlic again and take more garlics.
Another good advice
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SAVAGEBETS: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

I do these often, these days just give it some time after bathing boom the odour starts.

Stay away from anything in the onion family, use lime in your arm pits... Simple.. That's basically it.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sagieramos(m): 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Behanzin:

Examine your diet maybe you're eating too much onion or garlic
Garlic does not cause internal smell, instead it antibacterial properties can eliminate body smell cause by sweat
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Drink lots of water to flush out toxins from your body.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by SAVAGEBETS: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
sagieramos:

Garlic does not cause internal smell, instead it antibacterial properties can eliminate body smell cause by sweat

Actually it does... This is not hear say, I have researched it in the past. Lol try working with Indians and then you'll understand.
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Omeiza147: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Try get some strong antibiotics, my kid sister too had it but started with a bathing soap called (lifebuoy) and antibiotics, she’s good now

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by HonourableUche(m): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Reachable:

Bathe as much as you can in a day. Wash and change your clothes often. don't wear your dirty clothes (repeating clothes) Use a deodorant yes sparingly. Avoid intake of spicy foods like onions, ginger garlic, avoid alcohol. Use sponge and a good medicated soap to bathe. Change your towel and wash it with hot water from time to time. Avoid oil based Body sprays. Try using "Babe" spray. Add dettol to your bath water. Wear your inner wears only once then you wash it. Ensure you don't repeat singlets boxers etc. Then pray these things work. You'll be fine �

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by ChengHun(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
1mind what you eat,
2 avoid bleaching creams
3 mind the type of soap you use to wash your cloths, some multipurpose soaps contain milk and when u use such soaps to wash your clothes, it gives the cloth a kind of odour, the odour comes out when u sweat.
4 exercise every morning, make sure you sweat Then take ur bath u will notice an improvement
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by domchike(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
I wil give the the most simplest solution to body odours. Get white vinegar add it in ur bath water each time u take bath the odour wil go gradually come back and pay you tithe.
Let me know if it works for you
cgchukwuma@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by gomol: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Always shave ur armpit and use lime orange water as deodorant
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by bukhety(f): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mumben:
Get lemon or lime, cut in two and use it to rub ur armpit after bathing it has drying effect which will control excessive sweating thereby eliminating d odour.
Do this, it works. Also try to add lemon or lime to your bathing water. Bath as frequent as you can. Most importantly, if you have done your best, try not to be self conscious. Ask trusted friends if they can perceive anything, because your mind can actually play games with you. You might be feeling you are still smelling when you are not. Be well!

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by sanesta: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar for people way get body odour
undecided
Re: What Can I Do About My Body Odour? by Adenuoye123(m): 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
You have to stop the cream you using it might be the cause.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis. / John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.