Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42813 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Geo07: 6:16am On Dec 16, 2020
Dear sister, your case isn't the first and won't be the last. Let me ask these questions - what if you marry a more financially stable man and he lost his job or his financial status diminish in the future, what will you do? Divorce him and look for another financial stable man?
Has a soothsayer told you the man won't make it forever? My dear sister money will still come but true love is very hard to get..
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2020
xProfx:

Oga, there's nothing wrong with what I asked. Marrying with money as the only motivation is a very bad idea. A lot of financially stable people do go broke later in life and only love can sustain the marriage during those periods.

Forget about any Nollywood, this is reality. If you don't buy the idea kindly move on...

I think you are the one, aligning with nolywood stuff here, love can not push koboless marriage to anywhere, its either it grounded or scattered.

Someone who is working and got broke, can easily rise up again, far much more that indolent lazy ass from adam.

A guy of 35 with only ND cert refused to work since he clocks 27-35 now, forming handsome bobo with yeye love.

In fact, OP is her own bigger enemy, she refused to give space for financial stable guy in her heart, that is why she is not loving him, if she tenders her heart, provided the 2nd guy is a good guy, the love will come up less than a month.

Bye Bye to yeye Boyfriend oooo

Just imaging, naija guy wants to go for marriage without doing anything! Where is Africanism in you?

Feeding from sweat of ur wife from January to December?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 6:25am On Dec 16, 2020
ednut1:
Financially stable man can go broke and vice versa. At 30 do you still have much options I doubt

.you said vice versa? So better to go for financial stable .
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 6:32am On Dec 16, 2020
dpassion8:
@ op I commend ur boldness coming out to share ur plights n being sincere with ur age. had u ever encountered such love from a guy in ur previous relationship sinc ur teenage age till ur late 20s .....d answer will give u d perfect advise ....listen 4get d ideology of marrying a rich guy... though I am not disputing d fact dat money is very necessary in marriage.... but.. I repeat.. but ask urself this very important question do I want to experience marriage life do I really wanna see my kids call me mummy... life is a mystery, just do things when its due.. age waits 4 no one.. God will definitely bless ur union I strongly belive in God.lastly marry who ur heart throbs for.. every other things will automatically fall in place cos God rewards all dat are hardworking of which u are, n I can vividly remember, u never called him lazy in ur post ...God neva built marriage on wealth as a foundation if not Eve would hv rejected Adam ....Wish u luck in which ever decision u take.... God is able.....

ND holder at 35 who refused to hustle but whole depends on girlfriend's money is a big lazy ass

She did say the other guy is rich ,but financial stable man.

Who told you if Op give chance for financial stable guy, that love won't come up.

If the yeye boyfriend, mistakenly gets money, he might change and become uncaring man, mind you op says she loves him, not that he don't have flaws ooo

Lover boy is behaving good & nice now, just cos he sees his maga fiancee as shield, if not he will die of malnutrition

That love will evaporate within second wen they finally married and only her foots bills.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by frozen70(f): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2020
Verysmart101:

Look the mans condition wont remain d same again.All OP needs is to discuss with him on d way forward after d marriage,if he's to learn a basic skill fine,i bet you planning is all he needs.

So since you suggested that after marriage she should discuss with the man on what he can do

Meaning the lady should use her money and sponsor her marriage or you skip that part

No one says the man s condition will remain the same, did you read where she said he is making efforts but nothing is coming in

Well, marriage shouldn't be in the man's mind at the moment that's why he is not talking about marriage but the marriage issue is from the woman

Men should at least get something doing before going into marriage

There is dignity if the man is contributing to his marriage

If you are married to a ma and at a stage his income drops or he is not making any progress, that one is different from getting married to a man that can't afford even a bride price

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Abudu2000(m): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2020
tallerSSS:
Me I have just told my girlfriend to get married to whosever she chooses o . This life no balance again.. money slow to enter and age no de wait.
that's very cool of u gee. Sex is not a problem one can always gerrit but tying a lady down when u can hardly feed your own self is wickedness. As a man u should be thinking of how to make cool cash and ball hard not even marriage self.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by annyz: 7:02am On Dec 16, 2020
Please check his family background and know if his family (Grand parents, parents, siblings) is under spiritual (No growth) bondage. There are families u enter no matter how rich you are without spiritual backings you will surely be drowned. If you are spiritually strong your presence in that family can bring light & lift him off from any bondage.
There is nothing as good as marrying the one you love but my question is DO HE ACTUALLY LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU DO
SOME MEN ARE MOST HUMBLE WHEN THEY HAVE NO MONEY.
Ask your self this question : IF YOUR JOB ENDS ONE DAY & HE IS IN MONEY WILL HE STILL KEEP THE LOVE THAT EXISTED Only GOD will give you direction on this not even your pastor.
Every decision we make in life has its repercussions.
Pray fervently on this and ask God to direct you as HE knows the future.
PLEASE DON'T ASK YOUR PASTOR to direct you because he will be after tithes and offerings and I hope you know what I meant

May God guide & bless you in this your next stage of life.

Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Clinghton: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2020
You need God's direction on this.

Nobody knows tomorrow, we are all predicting.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MrJibana: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2020
But why?
Chinehz:
cry cry cry
I'm not yet married,so let's wait for the married people
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by salt1: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2020
At 35years, he can learn to be a driver. Sending him to driving school and his securing a driver's license will cost less than 20k which is tiny compared with a wedding budget. He has only OND so he shouldn't be too proud to drive.

I worry about his possible attitude more than his lack of funds. Does he look down on menial jobs? Could that be the reason his family has looked away from him? Does he have an entitlement mentality?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Kbels(f): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2020
When it comes to marriage, I believe in applying common sense first, then love secondly. Is this guy making any effort to hustle and make a living? How long will you continue funding his lifestyle? With some guys, dont start what you can't continue and eventually finish. God has promised to bless the works of our hands and a man that has found a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. What is in his hands for God to bless and favour?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Kbels(f): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

Thank you for this very realistic point of view..

I think you are the one, align with nolywood stuff here, love can not push koboless marriage to anywhere, its either it grounded or scatter.

Someone who is working and got broke, can easily raise up again far much more that indolent lazy ass from Adam.

A guy of 35 with only ND cert refused to work since he clocks 27-35 now, forming handsome bobo with yeye love.

The girl in question is her bigger enemy, she refused to give space for financial stable guy in her heart, that is why she is loving him, if she tenders her heart and stable guy is good guy, the love will come up less than a month.

Just imaging a naija guy will want to go for marriage without doing anything! Where is Africanism in you?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by abbatoir(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2020
.. mixed reaction
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 7:30am On Dec 16, 2020
zedegit:

Bad advice. Would you advise your sister like this?
Okay..
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by jornwhite: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
That love will easily turn into irritation when you marry him and things don't get better. Remember your kids, having babies ain't cheap.

How can you be so sure it will turn to irritation, the fact that they are poor today does not mean they can't be rich tomorrow, all they have to do work hard & be smart.
There is a formula for money, if you work you will earn money buh "Love" has no formular, nothing guarantees you genuine love which is why i find it hard advice people that find Love to throw it away. i believe the synergy of two heart beating as one is enough to produce wealth.

cc willingheart instead of putting your savings into wedding, why not use it to start a joint business, 30%(ROI) 70% profit sharing to enable him grow faster, from there you can proceed to court wedding or traditional wedding. just an opinion.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by prof209(f): 7:47am On Dec 16, 2020
Marrying depends.....

...Anthony Joshua also Filled This Happy Birthday POLL; "Between Guys and Ladies, Who Celebrates Birthday The MOST?" Join and See What Others Are Choosing and their Whys.... https:///37B41nq
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by AlwaysMotun: 7:53am On Dec 16, 2020
Marry well...
However, don't forget to help the other guy
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2020
MONEY RULES

Whether u blive it or not.

Owo ni koko

God release money on mankind biko
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by jornwhite: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2020
zedegit:

Bad advice would you advise your sister like this?

What is bad in her rendering support to a man she claims to love, or must help only flow from men to women.
Lets even assume the worst happen, he dupes her n run away, is it not better to lose money that to enter a one chance piece of marriage.
To secure the future we must take risk, no two ways about it.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by MadeMan01(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Lucyspa:

Leave her na she dey form stupid love.

Are you saying love is stupid/irrelevant? Why waste time dating if it's irrelevant? Why not just sit back and wait for arrangee marriage
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Teel012(m): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2020
Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
[/quote]

nairaland is not a place to get good advice. look for older couples who have been married for over twenty years, at least, maybe in church or somewhere to talk to (never family members) neutral people that won't be biased. that being said,
1. your aunty who called you a fool, was her husband rich when they married? or is he very rich now? is she happy in her marriage?
2. majority of the people here telling you to marry a rich guy are not even in a relationship cos of that mentality, they jump from one guy to another. The moment you start looking for a rich man, you'll always meet one richer and finer than the last one.
3. if you're sure d guy loves you as much as you love him, support him to grow first before thinking of marriage. you know him better than anyone else, do what you can marriage and love are about helping each other develop first.
4. Lastly, only you can take that decision, so think deeply and ask from elders not people who become experts on relationships after dating 8 different guys/girls in a year.
Talk to him about the solution if you really want him and he wants you as much and then work together.
pls understand that I'm not saying you should not marry a rich guy Biko, but think deeply before deciding, cos we can't see the future, but we can create the future we want, not the present.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2020
Mrscarter:

If you truly love each other don't listen to what anyone else says. I would still marry him and work things out as U go together

Are u female and have you married?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 8:28am On Dec 16, 2020
Teel012:

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

nairaland is not a place to get good advice. look for older couples who have been married for over twenty years, at least, maybe in church or somewhere to talk to (never family members) neutral people that won't be biased. that being said,
1. your aunty who called you a fool, was her husband rich when they married? or is he very rich now? is she happy in her marriage?
2. majority of the people here telling you to marry a rich guy are not even in a relationship cos of that mentality, they jump from one guy to another. The moment you start looking for a rich man, you'll always meet one richer and finer than the last one.
3. if you're sure d guy loves you as much as you love him, support him to grow first before thinking of marriage. you know him better than anyone else, do what you can marriage and love are about helping each other develop first.
4. Lastly, only you can take that decision, so think deeply and ask from elders not people who become experts on relationships after dating 8 different guys/girls in a year.
Talk to him about the solution if you really want him and he wants you as much and then work together.
pls understand that I'm not saying you should not marry a rich guy Biko, but think deeply before deciding, cos we can't see the future, but we can create the future we want, not the present.

Ur advice is trash, go back and read the post again with rapt attention.

No where op says, her sister asked her to marry rich guy, financial stable guy not necessary rich person.

Its her family married members, that capable of telling her nothing but pure truth, because when things go south, she is coming to them for undeserved financial assistance and not church members.

If you urself read the post carefully, OP has confirmed that, her jobless guy's family are OYO(own your own) type.

Its only a foolish, wicked and inexperienced will advice a lady to marry complete jobless guy, except if the Lady has spiritual problems of getting husband.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Teel012(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

Ur advice is trash, go back and read the post again.

No where op says, her sister ask her to marry rich guy, financial stable guy not necessary rich person.

Its her family member who has married that will tell him nothing but pure truth, because when things go south, she is coming to them for undeserved financial assistant and not church members.

If you urself read the post carefully, op has confirmed that, her jobless guy's family OYO type.

Its only foolish, wicked and inexperienced will advice a lady to marry complete jobless guy, except if the Lady has spiritual problems of getting husband.

thanks, let her take what might be useful to her there and use.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 8:32am On Dec 16, 2020
Teel012:

thanks, let her take what might be useful to her there and use.

Better.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by lucky4west: 8:33am On Dec 16, 2020
love is good money is equally good....pray and seek God's direction, don't follow physical attraction and resources....life is a funny place...a lady very close to me once had this dilemma u are having, she choose the rich guy over the poor guy who just graduated but very poor.....20 yrs later when they met again the table had turned, she was broke and her marriage packed up, separated and her once- rich guy (husband)now poor and the once poor guy now very rich and his wife having all the goodies and driving an SUV.. she narrated all these to me while in deep sorrow and tears, till date she cant forget that decision she made...so u must pray and wait for God's directive...do not be in a hurry to ditch the poor guy and do not be in a rush to accept the rich guy...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2020
jornwhite:

What is bad in her rendering support to a man she claims to love, or must help only flow from men to women.
Lets even assume the worst happen, he dupes her n run away, is it not better to lose money that to enter a one chance piece of marriage.
To secure the future we must take risk, no two ways about it.

Read the post again, she said she had/has been doing everything for the guy, in fact its the girl that stands as shield for the guy presently, because the guy comes from family where they don't help one another.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2020
MadeMan01:

Are you saying love is stupid/irrelevant? Why waste time dating if it's irrelevant? Why not just sit back and wait for arrangee marriage

Am just saying that just love will never be enough
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

I think you are the one, aligning with nolywood stuff here, love can not push koboless marriage to anywhere, its either it grounded or scatter.

Someone who is working and got broke, can easily rise up again far much more that indolent lazy ass from adam.

In fact, OP is her own bigger enemy, she refused to give space for financial stable guy in her heart, that is why she is not loving him, if she tenders her heart, provided the 2nd guy is a good guy, the love will come up less than a month.

Just imaging, naija guy wants to go for marriage without doing anything! Where is Africanism in you?

You have a problem with comprehension. Go and read my post again and ask yourself if your response makes any sense.

I isolated a few points, real life points and asked the OP to consider it. If your mind is too limited to understand things, please stop quoting me. Thanks.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by chimeremodlyn: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,elsh e na 35 year spinster go clear you grin

I can't believe this. What kind of mentality do you have? 30yrs is old. I give up on you

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2020
Mrscarter:

Yeah help Ur man rise. That's wat love is

Hi dear, u re a good lady. Where are you from?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by BABZIENE(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2020
Chinehz:
cry cry cry
I'm not yet married,so let's wait for the married people

No wonder �

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.