Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (43662 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2020
Lambarry1:
This your so called rich guy I can bet he is a salary earner. Probably a banker. Lol because he is wearing shirt ant tie driving to work every day in second hand tokunbo car forming busy and rich for you that's your definition of richness. Nigerian girl with low IQ. Una plenty. Majority of you dont even know what being a woman is. Instead of you to seek the face of God to reveal your partner to you in the journey of life ...you have already arrived at a destination even before starting by prioritizing. Fools! Fools! Foolish ... you dont even know anything about life . Do you even know if any of the 3 of you will live until the said wedding day.

U RE THE FOOL. WHY THE INSULT? BROKE BITCH COS U BITCHING ABOUT. GO AND MAKE MONEY.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

I think you are the one, aligning with nolywood stuff here, love can not push koboless marriage to anywhere, its either it grounded or scatter.

Someone who is working and got broke, can easily rise up again far much more that indolent lazy ass from adam.

A guy of 35 with only ND cert refused to work since he clocks 27-35 now, forming handsome bobo with yeye love.

In fact, OP is her own bigger enemy, she refused to give space for financial stable guy in her heart, that is why she is not loving him, if she tenders her heart, provided the 2nd guy is a good guy, the love will come up less than a month.

Bye Bye to yeye Boyfriend oooo

Just imaging, naija guy wants to go for marriage without doing anything! Where is Africanism in you?

Don't mind them, supporting evil. A full blown 36year old man.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

ND holder at 35 who refused to hustle but whole depends on girlfriend's money is a big lazy ass

She did say the other guy is rich ,but financial stable man.

Who told you if Op give chance for financial stable guy, that love won't come up.

If the yeye boyfriend, mistakenly gets money, he might change and become uncaring man, mind you op says she loves him, not that he don't have flaws ooo

Lover boy is behaving good & nice now, just cos he sees his maga fiancee as shield, if not he will die of malnutrition

That love will evaporate within second wen they finally married and only her foots bills.

Ur head dey there. He might even get the money let's say by 36 or 37 and O. P will be 31 or 32. What makes her think that the man will like to marry a lady in her 30's. The man is mostly using her as a meal ticket. When the money comes, he will japa.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2020
lucky4west:
love is good money is equally good....pray and seek God's direction, don't follow physical attraction and resources....life is a funny place...a lady very close to me once had this dilemma u are having, she choose the rich guy over the poor guy who just graduated but very poor.....20 yrs later when they met again the table had turned, she was broke and her marriage packed up, separated and her once- rich guy (husband)now poor and the once poor guy now very rich and his wife having all the goodies and driving an SUV.. she narrated all these to me while in deep sorrow and tears, till date she cant forget that decision she made...so u must pray and wait for God's directive...do not be in a hurry to ditch the poor guy and do not be in a rush to accept the rich guy...

Stupid nollywood film from a typical yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by jornwhite: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

Read the post again, she said she had/has been doing everything for the guy, in fact its the girl that stands as shield for the guy presently, because the guy comes from family where they don't help one another.

I don't have to read again, in life not everyone will find there feet on there own, for some it could be just family/ friends or spousal support that will launch them into wealth.
If the guy is trying buh things aint working, why not try together, two heads are better than one, some guys are like push n start ferrari, if you don't push some people ehn they will never move ... with the guys resume & age business is the way forward.
The guyz family is not a concern, the major concern here is to get the man on his feet ... so i ask again what is wrong in OP supporting him. helping a man to pay his bills won't take him forward why not invest in him n see how it goes.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Yancy(m): 9:17am On Dec 16, 2020
My dear Sister, Marry the man you loved. money and material things fades away. what if u marry a man who is financially stable today and later get humbled tomorrow? God orchestrate man way. the man u think is not financially okay today may be very very close to his breakthrough, while the man who appears financially stable today may be close to his own trying time. chances and time makes them all.
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2020
[quote author=jornwhite post=97116919]

I don't have to read again, in life not everyone will find there feet on there own, for some it could be just family/ friends or spousal support that will launch them into wealth.
If the guy is trying buh things aint working, why not try together, two heads are better than one, some guys are like push n start ferrari, if you don't push some people ehn they will never move ... with the guys resume & age business is the way forward.
The guyz family is not a concern, the major concern here is to get the man on his feet ... so i ask again what is wrong in OP supporting him. helping a man to pay his bills won't take him forward why not invest in him n see how it goes.[/quo

I understand ur type, bye
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by kumulus(m): 9:25am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

You have little money saved up to support your wedding to a man who can't afford marriage and nothing saved up to support same marriage?? What you need the wedding for ma'am!??

Be smart, cos I believe you've got it!

-Lloyd
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2020
xProfx:

You have a problem with comprehension. Go and read my post again and ask yourself if your response makes any sense.

I isolated a few points, real life points and asked the OP to consider it. If your mind is too limited to understand things, please stop quoting me. Thanks.

Get ur ass together and remove every mentality to hide under woman to feed you, wife is to support and not be main financier. Any contrary of opinion to tell lady who has charmed not get husband to go for complete jobless guy from very beginning of marriage is wicked and foolish...

Bye

Before I go, okada, barbing , bricklayers, private schools teacher are etc are all job that man gets income from.

Sit down at home and feeding from sweat of ur woman January to December is not hearable!
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by jornwhite: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

You don't owe me a bye, save that for ur broke admirers. wink
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Christiano25(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2020
lol � everyone aren’t the same
Chinehz:
cry cry cry
I'm not yet married,so let's wait for the married people
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Willie2015: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
[quote author=willing heart

One of the most important decision of life...
Plz learn to submit to intense prayer and fastin...
And get Gods direction....
Our lives and destiny is much more than....
Being financially stable or not...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by giftiy(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:

Mind the kind of advice you get into your head
many in this platform has never face reality.
The poor guy can still get rich later and the rich guy can still go poor later
have you not seen a man with good job lost his job many times ?
since you both love each other with understanding,marry him
pray together,work hard and smart together and you will see things change after the marriage.
Further more,if he has a drivers licence he should go into transportation while praying for the dream job
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mummymahdi(f): 9:35am On Dec 16, 2020
Roseey0 post=971055ppP 80:

He pays the basic family bills . Atleast he did wedding with his money not yours.
Thats why you chose him. Leave this your love talk

Pls are u the Op? As far as I can remember am advising someone that ask for it, am not here for ur opinion, direct ur view to OP she needs it, I don't. This is 21yrs now after wedding I don't need ur view t all
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

Get ur ass together and remove every mentality to hide under woman to feed you, wife is to support and not be main financier. Any contrary of opinion to tell lady who has charmed not get husband to go for complete jobless guy from very beginning of marriage is wicked and foolish...

Bye

Before I go, okada, barbing , bricklayers, private schools teacher are etc are all job that man gets income from.

Sit down at home and feeding from sweat of ur woman January to December is not hearable!

Show me where I said she should marry a jobless man. Go back and read or call someone who understands to interpret to you.

Imagine an adult spewing trash early in the morning because someone more intelligent than you wrote something you can't seem to wrap your head around.

Your cognitive elasticity has reached its maximum limit so I understand the mental stress you're passing through.

Abeg commot here! undecided
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2020
xProfx:

You're daft... you're simply daft that's why you've been throwing temper tantra. Nothing inside your brain. Abeg commot here! undecided

It pains you to ur bone marrow, you are one of those lazy guys on nairaland that always come online to bash woman and condemn marriage, why wont you? Since every issues you guys are supposed to sort out before marriage you left them undone and expect miracle or woman to do it for you
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

It pains to ur bone marrow, you are one of those lazy guys on nairaland that always come online to bash woman and condemn marriage, why wont you? Since every issues you guys are supposed to sort out before marriage you left them undone and expect miracle or woman to do it for you

Lol the Internet is a very cheap place for anyone to blab these days. grin

You're not as fed as my driver. If you want a sample drop ur Instagram page so you can see the places I've been that you can't even imagine... My driver earns more than you. LoL.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by NoToPile: 9:46am On Dec 16, 2020
Mutemenot:
My problem is that money changeth man while poverty humbles him.. You need to understand this guy well, most time the marriage sponsored by women ends sadly when the guy pick up or the man even become careless knowing well he didn't spend any for the marriage....

I suggest study him very well, examine to know if he's pretending or honestly sincere

Been waiting for someone to say this.

Money is always the true test of ones character.

@ topic, the man should at least have a job no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2020
xProfx:

Lol the Internet is a very cheap place for anyone to blab these days. grin

You're not as fed as my driver. If you want a sample drop ur Instagram page so you can see the places I've been that you can't even imagine... My driver earns more than you. LoL.

Rudeboy song: everyone is rich guy on Instagram, I salute audio rich guy and his audio driver.

If you rich as you claimed, you will knw how difficult to foot bills, buy fuel, dstv bill, filling gas, sch fees, house rents, all these on woman with average income?

I pity the lady that will eventually marry you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2020
ojuu4u:

Rudeboy song: everyone become rich guy on Instagram, I salute audio rich guy and his audio driver.

If you rich as you claimed, you will knw how difficult to foot bills, buy fuel, dstv bill, filling gas, sch fees, house rents, all thes[/b]e on woman with average income?

I pity the lady that will eventually marry you.

Lol... Pity your life. cheesy

No man, it's not difficult to pay bills on this side so speak for yourself alone.

[b] My mother married my father who didn't have a penny but was hardworking and intelligent, my dad is one of the richest engineers in the country today. This is why I don't believe in marrying for money alone. How can you say someone should marry just because of money when you're not an animal! Is that really how life works to you?

Abeg, change your mentality, you don't have to let hunger and fear determine your choices in life. Bye.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by emekafelix1: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2020
follow your heart but if you must marry him set up something and encourage him . who knows doors may open tommorro! the problem with such men is that most of when things turns for good they change to king David or Solomon forgeting where they are coming from.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by NoToPile: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2020
Aleora:
Loyalty that hasn’t tested money,FEAR IT...Goodluck

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2020
xProfx:

Lol... Pity your life. cheesy

No man, it's not difficult to pay bills on this side so speak for yourself alone.

My mother married my father who didn't have a penny but was hardworking and intelligent, my dad is one of the richest engineers in the country today. This is why I don't believe in marrying for money alone. How can you say someone should marry just because of money when you're not an animal! Is that really how life works to you?

Abeg, change your mentality, you don't have to let hunger and fear determine your choices in life. Bye.

Your father one of richest? I seeeee

Instead of ranting and giving useless advice, dm OP to send her jobless guy for you to fix him na

Looking forward for the day op will come back online to appreciate ur good gesture o!

If not you are a confirmed bastard!!

Case close!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by babs2rule: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2020
The truth is love is like a plant and money is like the water. Without water plant will die.
Money is very is not everything but its one of the important things.
Pls and pls marry the financially stable guy and love will grow ....

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Would you prefer to get married to a financial stable man who has no respect for you?
It's important to be financially stable, and it is more important to be with someone with whom you enjoy peace.
Apart from his not having money now, is he willing to keep trying? Is he laidback? How much support can you give?
What is your heart telling you? Cos I believe that deep down, you'll know what you truly want.
Everyone will give their opinions based on their experiences, but it is you who will live your life.
Choose wisely. Having money is good but it is overrated.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
You think you gonna dey with him in Dubai when he cheat on you? He the mistress go dey there with am while he turns you to co tenant
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2020
Chii59:

OP, take this advice.
I have seen how a woman married for love yet decades after, she's still footing bills for the entire household, suffering and smiling.
You're too old to let yourself be blinded by love.
Your children will not eat love. Love will not pay your bills. You never marry you're paying bills already. And his family no send am. You are walking a tightrope ma'am.

Thanks for recommending my advice grin

You can see that I also have sense in addition to d small money I have, you should now consider replying my PM grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by OKVALLY: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2020
Love keeps you going, money will come while you grow.
If you go for money, the man will one time need to spend his money on more beautiful and younger once, then you will know that only love can last long not money, situation can change tomorrow and when money is not there, what happens?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:23am On Dec 16, 2020
I'm so disappointed at the mentality of Nigerians. She needed very concrete advice or response.

Quite a few addressed her concerns quite frankly. Funny enough, The Third World Demons are really messing with the minds of most Nigerians.

With Hardwork, persistence, precision, commitment, and Grace, a man can change his fortune.

Money is like the wind; it can fade away.

I believe with the right amount of motivation, a man can change his fortunes.

Dear OP, women have given men that push to succeed. If he loves you as you love him, do well to hold on to him.

I've seen a woman who married for money, the 1st ten years were bliss, upper 10yrs? The man's fortune began crashing down like a pack of cards.

She trained their kids for many years.

You never can tell what this life holds.

Get the best household appliances only on www.zit.ng

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Thanks for recommending my advice grin

You can see that I also have sense in addition to d small money I have, you should now consider replying my PM grin
Lol. I will grin
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:48am On Dec 16, 2020
Chii59:

Lol. I will grin

I don't trust this your laugh cry
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.