Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56957 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
silento:

Are u in Abuja if so u am the guy bro u are really roasting the fish for me but good news I found a better person sef and a baby mama
did you know?
You are very very stupid..
And who told you that your baby mama no got get another lover, just like that your babe?
You also is a confused soul,
do you want love or child?
Baby mama cannot give you love o, only child...
Your baby mama gat many client nahh.
So you want child alone bah?
Or what do you want?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Pimine: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
BiggyB242:

How can a woman you call your fiancee didn't pick your call because she was with a friend? Now, you let her manipulate you; she's making you look like the villain.

Even if nothing is happening I see as an insult to your person for your fiancee to ignore your call in his presence. I wouldn't take it.
Aswearugaaad

Exactly. That's hella disrespectful.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Unrated900(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
justified007:

Why struggling with you for her phone if there's nothing incriminating there? She just learned to cover her track because she noticed you're getting suspicious of her relationship with the guy and don't be surprised if there's a secret wattsapp or another avenue she's communicating with the guy.

The fact that you can't even see his chat on his WhatsApp despite the numerous calls should tell you they have another route for chatting

D guy na mugu
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by OriOko88(m): 12:03am On Jan 16, 2021
SocialJustice:
He will die prematurely in the marriage for sure.
Why are u crying more than the bereaved oga age? Why d curse! Chilax
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MyChoice1: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2021
yungchop:
This OP is just an attention seeker. .
I wonder when WhatsApp starts allowing one single account to run on two different phones.. Lies kill you there

He's not lying oo, I have someone close that does that. But I see it as wrong from every angle.. very very wrong and repulsive. The girl did right to leave him because that guy is highly insecured. That attitude will get worst in the marriage.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by kondogbia(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2021
The two of you are mad

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by johnkay1(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2021
Bro..... You need just little of red pill. Search for the tread and take small dosage, it will help your sanity. You need logic not emotion this time around
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Atticusxsz(m): 12:11am On Jan 16, 2021
Mrpojj:

Omo she dey delete chat!!!
Don't be decieve
I get one babe like that wey Sabi delete chat, she go say she dey create memory space for her fone...

Lmao grin No be small kind "Memory Space" creator she be. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Atticusxsz(m): 12:12am On Jan 16, 2021
Mrpojj:

Omo she dey delete chat!!!
Don't be decieve
I get one babe like that wey Sabi delete chat, she go say she dey create memory space for her fone...

Lmao grin No be small kind "Memory Space" creator she be. Probably, na another form of programming to her. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by sorextee(m): 12:16am On Jan 16, 2021
Ive been reading ur response to members who are telling u the truth on page one. But u still acting james bond, sherlock holmes. Does she have a torchlight phone(i mean second phone)? If yes, have u checked that phone? Why im asking this, back in the days wen i was a bad guy, i cheated so badly on my gf. I had a main phone and a tirchlight phone. The main phone was clean. Sometimes she checks the phone, nothing inside. If only she knew the small phone is where all my secrets are. I played my game so well that i was never caught.

Im just saying sha. Maybe maybe, just check out dat small phone with her. Cos that lady seems smart. All those mental whatever shes going thru is just to guilt trip you. I can swear something is going on between them. The ball is in ur court sha.

But hacking her whatsapp for whatever reason is a no no for me. She may have logged on to her whatsapp from ur laptop, but u for log out completely. U no try in this aspect.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by DaddyYankee: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2021
U still dey learn work. She will delete every chat she had with him. I was in your shoes, I opened my eyes and saw the truth. All the guys she told me were her friends were people she was fucking. She was an olosho. Your gf is a slut
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Ibyno(m): 12:19am On Jan 16, 2021
as all ur eggs are not in one basket same goes to her, my friend, engaging a woman dose not equal to Marriage. if u want her to cut off other guys marry her, if she continue, Divorce her.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by OriOko88(m): 12:19am On Jan 16, 2021
Kingluqman:
Bro, nothing happened, na “Whatscan” you used hack her WhatsApp. You smart but be smart enough to know that she might not be cheating on you right now but, when another man is the source of your woman’s happiness, she’s long gone. Man up bro, give her time, even though I know she’s not coming back because she will narrate everything to the said guy and guy man go console her with a good **x. You have every reason to be happy, use your head bro.

Gboju n be!!!
Baba agbalagba. Correct OG cool

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by WudBMother: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2021
You are insecure. If I am that girl , if you do not change I will not marry you. The next thing is to beat her for talking to any man after marriage. No one is obliged to pick your call at all times. Is she a phone operator? She was even honest to tell you who she was with. Do you think that she would have told you if something was going on between them?

Get over yourself, apologize, stop the unnecessary monitoring and next time keep your hands to yourself instead of dragging her phone. If you can not trust her LEAVE HER.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by joyousever(f): 12:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Op, from your narration, it's apparent she was looking for an opportunity to excuse herself from the relationship and simply used that little fight as a major excuse to do so. Simply give her the time she asks for even more time if you can.Get busy with other ventures and before you realise, you'll get over her without realising. Little fights are normal in a relationship and they get sorted out in no time if the two parties are truly in love. But. In this case, I think she feels she has another option, hence the bluffing. Don't force any convo again with her, simply let her be, when she really needs you she'll reach out to you by herself.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by saintruky(m): 12:30am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

Oga defender u re doing well....

Sha know it will end in tears...

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by nitt: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2021
op has proven unable to man up and take the decision to dump the cheating girlfriend.

The evidence is unquestionable but wants to use sherlock Holmes tactics to convince himself of something that is clear to the non mumu.

This is 2021 and if by this time you fail to realise that as a Nigerian you should not manage this kind of nonsense especially with all the nonsense we go through everyday as Nigerians then, I think your case is beyond the ordinary

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Oturatetuala(m): 12:32am On Jan 16, 2021
Went through that shit man, give her sometime if she ain't coming back , let her go for good bro
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Brendaniel: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2021
sorextee:
Ive been reading ur response to members who are telling u the truth on page one. But u still acting james bond, sherlock holmes. Does she have a torchlight phone(i mean second phone)? If yes, have u checked that phone? Why im asking this, back in the days wen i was a bad guy, i cheated so badly on my gf. I had a main phone and a tirchlight phone. The main phone was clean. Sometimes she checks the phone, nothing inside. If only she knew the small phone is where all my secrets are. I played my game so well that i was never caught.

Im just saying sha. Maybe maybe, just check out dat small phone with her. Cos that lady seems smart. All those mental whatever shes going thru is just to guilt trip you. I can swear something is going on between them. The ball is in ur court sha.

But hacking her whatsapp for whatever reason is a no no for me. She may have logged on to her whatsapp from ur laptop, but u for log out completely. U no try in this aspect.

I don't know how you guys handle relationship sha, if I can't check my wife's phone at will or she checks mine at will, then there is a problem, even as I am single I can show any person my phone chats and all my social media accounts cause I hide nothing, if you see anything you don't feel comfortable about you ask me and I will explain, anything less from my partner and we are done...

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by TemmyT002(m): 12:40am On Jan 16, 2021
What I know is that a babe who has nothing to fear and who can be trusted and who really loves you wholeheartedly would never hide her phone from you.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by IamSoProlific: 12:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

Whatsap on two different phones?

How did you do that please, I'd like to know. Thanks
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Judybash93(m): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2021
We meuveeee bro...
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by OriOko88(m): 12:50am On Jan 16, 2021
doris4u:

Sorry for derailing , how do u hack one's WhatsApp without having access to the phone
You wan hack your guy's acct abi? lipsrsealed
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

You are cheating she is cheating, una engagement still dey dating stage. Both of you should move on
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Trueyarn(m): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2021
This guy, how can you conclude she is not cheating because you hacked her whatsapp?
Do you have access to her mailbox?
Abi you no know say hangouts smooth pass whatsapp?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Focusmind: 12:55am On Jan 16, 2021
OP, I just pity you. Despite people's reservations and comments, you seemed more determined in defending her.

Oga discharge her immediately and move on. Marriage no be joke o but una no go hear. Ok na, just continue.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Afromentalist: 12:58am On Jan 16, 2021
Skepticus:

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.
No lies detected

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by OriOko88(m): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2021
SexytorresE:
gals are smart . We don't keep chat when we knw we have such guys like u around that goes through our phones cheesy grin
So Thats how you been hiding your phone and deleting chats with your side guys abi undecided

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Sniper101(m): 1:06am On Jan 16, 2021
She says she needs "time to get her mental health back" ...which is an indirect way of saying she needs "time to go fvck with the other guy" for a while

And I dare say that she needs the time off, away from you, so she wouldn't be feeling guilty during the times she's fvcking with the other guy

Guy...as a guy who's been there and done that...my advice for you is; get back your engagement ring and move on with your life.

Sometimes, love is not enough.

SOMETIMES "love" alone shouldn't be the criteria for sticking with someone.

Move on, bro!

IamSoProlific:

Whatsap on two different phones?

WhatsApp on two different phones is never possible.

It's not possible with Mark's Whatsapp
And it's not possible with GBwhatsapp either

What's easily attainable is getting someone's Whatsapp messages(as they drop) directly to a laptop.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by chaloskyx: 1:06am On Jan 16, 2021
OGA THERE ARE LOTS OF GIRLS OUT THERE YOU DONT WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO WOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR FEELINGS AND CHEAT ON YOU SO LET GO. AND FYI YES SHES DEFINATELY CHEATING ON YOU THE THINK ABOUT IT IS JUST DELAY TACTICS TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER BOY TOY
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Charx122: 1:15am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Did she say mental health? Lol she's unstable double dating ..let me tell you she's gonna move on these some kind of fun she's having with this guy your not giving her. ..does she drink alcohol or smoke ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Sanchi Celebrates Her Mother On Mother's Day / Nigerian Female-to-male Transgender Celebrates Birthday, See Transformation Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.