Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56986 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Austin1805(m): 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
I dont believe she ever loved you bro. Maybe she is into you cos you're financially stable and the new guy might probably be more financially okay than you, if not I see jo reason why she's hiding her phone from the she's about to marry.

The ball is in your court now, so you're in the best position to decide on what to do but as for me I will advice that you leave her but make sure not to rush into another relationship because that will be more dangerous

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by mayorkent(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Omo, good girls no day again ?

6 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lorayne(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I won't be defending her here. But her phone, i have access to it same as her. Is not an issue there.

I am happy this happened. I have slowed down. When she is done, she will return home, we will talk.
Thanks for your reply
please, update us when you've made your decision.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by The5DME(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Fake story, fake story!!
Seun fake story.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you were my brother, I'll disown you. Like seriously, when will you men ever have sense? You're missing her?? Mis bgbukwa Owen gi ebawan.

A girl whom you want to marry is still keeping contacts with another man to the point of going out with him and you said it's nothing serious. Wait until they poison you and live in your apartment as man and wife.

Wait wait, what makes you think she's the ultimate? Because she bought some kitchen utensils in your house?? SMH...

She doesn't love you. she's just waiting to see if the other guy will propose to her and if doesn't, she'll settle for you as second choice. Use your head. She loves the other guy more and secretly wishes he's forthcoming.

Imagine, she hasn't called you after the little fight. Who do you think has been keeping her busy? Lol...
You can't love a man and not contact him for two whole weeks after a quarrel that was clearly for your sake.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Caseless: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
she de delete the chat. That guy has her nude pictures already. For healthy living, stay away from that girl. Someone who can ride better than you is doing it for her. Enough of your 1 minute service.

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Chicastle: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
You see what this JUST A FRIEND will do all this ladies ? Nah only women get 7 uncles from different states

10 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
I jux dey laugh..
Folks go dey ask for opinion still dey counter people opinion...
E Be Things sha

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wese90(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

bro, she is deleting the messages after their chat. and u think they will just be making calls without chatting when it is not business dealing

This is true
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

That's what I sense. But this is someone that planning the whole stuff with me. She gave me reason to put that ring on her finger.
You can go ahead and marry her, but don't come crying later.

When you guys start having problems in the future just remember you ignored all the red flags

9 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by chijokz(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

She's deleting the chats.
Incoming calls are nothing and can't prove anything.
In conclusion - That guy is smashing your fiancee. Period!

11 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Freksy(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
The5DME:
Fake story, fake story!!
Seun fake story.

I was scrolling tirelessly for comments from our sisters. I have given up!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by playtheblues(f): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy

Teach me how to do that please
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Jaqenhghar: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

She can delete all chats.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by samx4real(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Advice... Make una disengage una self and move on.

That's all
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ayenale1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Insecurity and jealousy at the highest order, learn to move on...nobody can make u happy except urself...

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MarkGodwins: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
My dear i suggest you give her sometime as she wished don't end it now, i mean you still do love her, leaving her could cause you more damage than you can ever know exercise patience cause patience is love
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Xtabellah(f): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hey hi, I know how you feel, but just take a chill pill, first I would advice you inform her parents of these developments so they could talk to her.. And yh someone was right when he said she and the guy might not be chatting, there is something I would like you to know about ladies, one way to get to a lady heart is attention, which is not by chatting, its by constant calls till she grows very comfortable ,and no call from you in a day could make her heart beat faster.. But I am not saying she is cheating please note.... Talk to her and let her know with the way things are going you might be forced to call off the engagement, ask her would she be comfortable if you are also calling a girl like that?
Lastly, don't answer those that said you should call the guy, he is not your problem, if your babe is loose to allow him, he is enjoying himself.. Work on your babe.

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by BarrElChapo(m): 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
If a lady you've engaged is still playing hide and seek the it calls for worry.. In bible language she's betrothed to you it's more you're in the semi finals of your relationship.
Except if the kind engagement you did is just between the both of you alone, then maybe just maybe you may she has a reason to be insecure hence the games anything other than that alarm bells !
Pls don't be blackmailed into sweeping it under the carpet with the mental health talks cos it might bite.
Finally hope she's God fearing not born again cos only the fear of God will restrain a person. Good luck

Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mac2016(m): 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Bro, be very very careful and watchful but stop reacting just watch, you will be glad you did.
You will surely make a discovery. She's been deleting her chat, some thing seems to be up her sleeves, I may be wrong but be very watchful and stop reacting. Don't marry yet sha

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by GhostWisperer: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

na men like you be waste of brocos.

There's nothing like ordinary friends between a man and a woman. How can your woman be speaking casually to another man on phone? Wetin dem dey yarn?

Mumu, dump this girl like wetin!!! She's already doing reverse psychology on you and playing the victim.

That girl go kill you emotionally.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by faceland: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
Just get ready to join the 'DNA Test Movement'
There is a high probability that your first son would look like him.
You have not yet marry and she has already started increasing your blood-pressure.

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slimman007: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

My candid advice for you is that when you finally settle down with her.......remember to conduct DNA test on all your children...that woman will definitely cheat on you someday no doubt
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Happy2020: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yet another cheating Nigerian HOE.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM 90% of these females here?

Then they complain when Nigerian men look and marry abroad. I would never ever marry a Nigerian women. They don’t have morals typically.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by mistijude: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Hmmmm, with this your statement, I want to believe you are a child or don't know woman enough.What does it take someone to chat and delete instantly?

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Back2Daura(m): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy

[b]How did you do that teach me[b]
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by AFONAMARO: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Will you be a man and stop covering for a cheat who's playing chess with your heart! What nonsense.

You even sound like a weakling

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by bethyz(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Give her type forget those telling you she is knacking this and that . They dont have any serious relationship everything na knacking according to them.

But wait oo you engage person you are not ready to marry just yet. Since last year.when last year?

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by legba1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
where virgina people, why are they not on this tread in droves?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Fidelismaria: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Oga move the fvck on!!

All she needed was an excuse to discharge you and fvck the other guy.

Break up with that hoe now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Otunski: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Guy use your Tongue to count your teeth and don't allow infatuations to becloud your sense of judgement. A lady you've warned several times keep doing that very thing you dislike, common that alone has put a question mark on the love she has for you. A lady that has been engaged should be doing all that if actually she's wants to settle down with you.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

When You Don't Touch Your Girlfriend But Sleep With Other Girls / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.