Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56908 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, you're forming James Bond but she's a Charlie Angel that's way ahead of you.

I'll never invade a person's privacy in the name of whatever. You're also a terrible person.

I wish you the best.
so terrible grin
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by PROPHETmichael: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

DM and I will tell you what to do. Don't forget to come and thank me later.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
oginga:
@ OP. That's a red flag that you should not ignore, she's been bonking the said guy big time.

Dump the public dog as fast as you can before you fall into deep sh**t... Cheats never change, they only improve on covering their tracks.

Forget love bro, think of your peace of mind, your mental health and sanity, your life as an individual person.

You can go on and marry a coded prostitute, which may end up bringing an illegitimate child into your house and life. That's if you don't die before your time... All the best bro! .

second to last paragraph thou grin cheesy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
reciprocal:
pls be careful before rushing into marriage especially when you are in doubt. Few years ago I was in doubt but I still went ahead with the marriage. today I am unhappy in marriage. It is better to suffer from breakup from someone you love while in courtship than planning to or divorcing your partner after marriage. in a nut shell, give it some time, be observant, don't ignore any bad signal. in a short while you will discover the truth. Pls how can i hack into someone's WhatsApp? that's by the way sha
may my God bless you ma. I love you for this inputs. I just hope he can yield to your advice
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ogashman(m): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
hybridblood07:
Calling the guy is very wrong. What if she told the guy she's single nko oh. Is babe his in the best position to solve whole matter
ok

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lilgabby(m): 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you no want make your story be like FCMB MD and her employee .... Think well! A word is enough for the wise. She and the guy dey Bleep like this.... E be like say u no sabi forck ..dat other guy sabi. But if una marry and she born... Go do DNA sharp sharp.. And you fit risk am ooh! Make u wait till you born the 4th one. Wetin i dey talk sef. Goodluck bruh! Naija women smart.... Just knw that. I go talk to you like brother.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kaeboy:
He didn't hack shit, I can assure you. He's only covering his lover up. Why do you think she's struggling so much for him not to access her phone if truly no evidence on it.
I guess he is covering her up as well. I noticed in some of his replies

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

don't give yourself heart attack by wanting to check your husband or bf phone. if you suspect any form of cheating, just walk out of the relationship jejely
calm down I don't have none . But wanna be clear of someone

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by chimeziedickson: 11:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Really a red flag...Watch it.Dont ever make mistake of going into what will hurt you permanently in life...Word!

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Why can't she tell you why she keeps receiving the guy's call
Why can't she introduce you to the guy??
Why can't you read the writing on the wall?

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by eghevaare: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Do a background check on her. Who is the mother and siblings interms of fidelity? Is it only the dad the mum has been married to? Does she keep her words? If the answer these questions are+, go for her. Do what it takes to get her back. Your village people or hers might just be at work.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by uthlaw: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
adexpa:

It is not easy brother, I can see that it is very difficult for you to finalize your conclusion, I can feel your pain.
I will advice you sit her down and have a concrete conversation ( you are not comfortable with the call so she must stop the relationship for your peace of mind). She can not decided to be with you and still have extra affairs. You need to clarify all these before going ahead. If she insist, you can find your way out.
Human being can be dangerous; she might have agreement with the guy not to chat nor text her.
Make all your findings before going ahead. Many women are not ready to be totally committed to a man any longer.
sit her down and talk to her,you are talking like 15years old boy....a cheater will always cheat,allow baba move on!

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Skepticus: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
EduTechTainMent:

This here is what is wrong with many on this thread. We share our thoughts based on our past actions or inactions. Different strokes for different folks sha.

Take your virtue-signalling crap and moral judgement elsewhere. You don't know me and i care less about the "wrongs" that you do in your personal life, seeing it is not my business

I shared my experiences to make OP see what may likely be going on. I could decide not to, and nothing would happen but i decided to "open-up" since Nigerian men usually fall for women's manipulations a lot.

He sought for our opinions/advice and we shared it. The decision is in his hands to make. No one is putting a gun on his forehead to follow their advice.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
See, i have the same experience with you.
Lemme tell you whats going on.
That your girl has dated that guy before she get to know you.
She and that guy has bang wella.
But you re fast on the track to marriage than that guy, thats why she hook with you.
Buh the guy too dosent wanna let go.
The same thing happend to me, she told me that the guy is just a friend.
Then when i did my research, i realise i am only roasting the fish for the fish owner.
That guy has been dating her up to 3 years before i met her.
Anytime we re together, the guy will call her, and if i ask, she will say its just a friend.
See, leave her alone, she is chasing two rats at the same time.
Thats what i did bro,
If you continue, that guy gon be banging her too, To avoid another DNA saga, leave her alone.
Or if you really really love her, dont call her again, if she loves you too, she will come to apologise most times on her kneels, and right there make her promise never ever to have anything to do with that guy again, collect her phone, delete the guys number, she might have it upstairs though.
Keep watch, as soon as you notice anything again, cut off with her.
So that she wount confisticate your life and future.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lawalemi(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
This thing called checking of phone will cause a lot of troubles
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by richnankar1: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
My brother, there's more to love. You need to use your head. Leave emotions aside and use your full senses.
It may be very hard for you, but just let the lady go. God will give you someone better.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Komu1048(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

Bro, continue getting close to the new girl and make her your companion. The fact that the girl is able to leave you for a while to form one yeye vex without wanting to reconcile, means she didn’t love you like you do to her and she sees the other guy as a better choice and that’s why the small love she had for you is fading away cox the dude calls her and she will be more than happy to jump on his arm. How you guys fall in love is still a mirage to me, wetin dem Dey give una chop or how e Dey be sef

Maybe, the way I was brought up sha. I didn’t grow up under this lovy lovy, my dad a confirm redpiller. My mum will even be happy any day she receive hug n I’m just a better version.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by reciprocal(f): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
extol1:

may my God bless you ma. I love you for this inputs. I just hope he can yield to your advice
Amen. I hope so too
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Southbeach:
I was in ur shoes 2years ago. Was making plans to settle with the nicest and most supportive babe ever, unknowm to me she was fvcking a guy in the next compound.
Got to findout he wasn't even the only one dicqing her. Nah so i for marry community kpekus that year.

An engaged biatch that could wrestle her fone from her fiancee is not worthy of marriage to the said guy.
The things she did that made you think you have found the one does not mean shes the best u could ever have.
Reaching out to her to resolve issues is you playing into her hands.
Entertain yourself with the company of the new girl (she might even be the one for you) u never know.
Consider yourself single fam. But shud incase you choose to ignore all the warnings,, we will all surely gather like this to read more threads from you..
Adios
which part of Yorubaland did you come from
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by silento(m): 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
Op u are mumu I have an ex who is married our chat on WhatsApp is Hi and xup trust she has begged me many times to Bleep her on call

Girls are more wiser in relationship than we guys use ur brain the guy is get a good respond that's why they keep talking on phone ur girl is smart u are just mumu here

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
sorry to say,.... she is still in her hoeing stage
It’s either you talk to her senses or you cut the crap off before it’s get too late,... she has been looking for an opportunity to leave you since,.. so she got some chance by luck

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by madridsta007(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

Ladies are very smart when it comes to cheating.
Believe me, if she doesnt want you to know, you wont know. If you like, check everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
SexytorresE:
calm down I don't have none . But wanna be clear of someone
for gorgeous lady like you not to have none. please na I am available and single

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by stonecoldcafe: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave

Broken engagement is better than broken marriage. At the stage you are doing fiance and fiancee, you all should have resolved trust issues completely. Since she is still talking and visiting the guy and you are dragging phone with her, it's time to reassess what both of you have. She is right to take sometime off, you need it too. If you are still troubled and unsure of the way forward after your time apart, gently let her go

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by efficiencie(m): 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
@Serene123 run ohhh...before den give you another man pikin...but if she has helped you then you need to investigate why she is exhibiting this new attitude...but please be careful and be wary of paternity fraud.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by silento(m): 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Linkuizzy524:
See, i have the same experience with you.
Lemme tell you whats going on.
That your girl has dated that guy before she get to know you.
She and that guy has bang wella.
But you re fast on the track to marriage than that guy, thats why she hook with you.
Buh the guy too dosent wanna let go.
The same thing happend to me, she told me that the guy is just a friend.
Then when i did my research, i realise i am only roasting the fish for the fish owner.
That guy has been dating her up to 3 years before i met her.
Anytime we re together, the guy will call her, and if i ask, she will say its just a friend.
See, leave her alone, she is chasing two rats at the same time.
Thats what i did bro,
If you continue, that guy gon be banging her too, To avoid another DNA saga, leave her alone.
Or if you really really love her, dont call her again, if she loves you too, she will come to apologise most times on her kneels, and right there make her promise never ever to have anything to do with that guy again, collect her phone, delete the guys number, she might have it upstairs though.
Keep watch, as soon as you notice anything again, cut off with her.
So that she wount confisticate your life and future.

Are u in Abuja if so u am the guy bro u are really roasting the fish for me but good news I found a better person sef and a baby mama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by alizma: 11:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

In case you really need a constructive advise
Take the new girl out, catch your fun and let the other person enjoy her space. When she is ready and come back, don't be shy not to tell her plainly if you are not ready then.
Stop nonsense before you get yourself trapped. If she had nothing hidden, there wouldn't have be any struggle over the phone. Besides she owe you explanation as to why she didn't picked your and you have the right to verify her explanation by all means, including checking her phone.
It is true I lock my phone at times but deep inside me, I know that 80% of the times I do that are times when I am hiding something. So who is she deceiving?

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by bettinglord22: 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.
how did You do it?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by NobleSeed(m): 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
This is the only thing I see read for this post. Nice piece you gat there.

Take a chill pill get more serious set your dreams and target you want to achieve, pray and work hard earn good money by the time she realized you won't have her time anymore.

Try this and thank me later. [/quote]
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Unrated900(m): 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mugu like you

What are you still waiting for

Millions of women out there

You are waiting for advise

While she has already forgotten about you

Continue loving while your

Mate are in SMAN

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Bolaji26(m): 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Bro.. You are on your own. .

We are in the same shoe.

I have engaged mine too and she has this guy that always call her on the phone, we fought about it and she told me Ntn is between them.

I started feeling uncomfortable the day i heard dem flirting on voice call, so I decided to spy on her WhatsApp and succeeded but couldn't see anything suspicious in her chat.

Week Leta, i was spying on her WhatsApp and my mind just say make i go check her achirve .

O boy, Wat i saw ehn, she always Archive that guy chat.

I compile all d evidence and broke up with her d nxt day

Trust those hoes at ur own Peri

kiss

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by jaxxy(m): 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

A fiancé who’s fone u can’t check even during the height of so much suspicion is that one fiancé??

Look if she wants to be shady let her remain shady and stay away from u or atleast forget that marriage thing. Unless u want to father another man’s child. Let’s stop fooling urselves here. Fiancé/being engaged isnt bf/gf levels now. What is she still hiding on her fone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

When A Girl Secretly Admires A Particular Guy / This Girl Is Bugging My Life. What Should I Do? / Sugar Mummies Online Direct Contact (phone Numbers) Without Agents - See Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.