Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,193 members, 7,957,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? (22479 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Still Cheat On Him Or Her? / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / One Simple Way To Know If You Truly Love Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by femi4: 7:09am On Jan 17, 2021
As you mature in life, your beliefs and orientation change

Your association , responsibility etc change as well
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by sixtus3606(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:
Or maybe sometimes people did not actually change. Maybe you just never knew who they really were.

Hmmm...madam be calming down na. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by sixtus3606(m): 7:22am On Jan 17, 2021
InfernoNig:
Yes. I reduced my womanizing habit and I am close to stopping it. grin
You see here, LoveTalk; I am sure, base on your assertion; " or maybe sometimes people did not actually change. Maybe you just never knew who they really were .
"...you would have ended such relationship, without knowing the man is actually at a womanizing-giveup stage.

Be calming down ma.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by lugo99(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:
grin grin grin. It's a true life story actually grin
J.O Fagunwa
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by nnamdiosu(m): 7:41am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:
Or maybe sometimes people did not actually change. Maybe you just never knew who they really were.

Deep.
Maybe that's why despite our short comings, God doesn't still give up on us..BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHO WE TRULY ARE.

Love was just the catalyst that spurned the change.
Nice write up ma
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by IamOrei(m): 7:47am On Jan 17, 2021
True love, when displayed, changes SOME people
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2021
Namkbank:
People don't change

That's not true
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by rachytenny2(f): 8:38am On Jan 17, 2021
In fact, the drastic change is inevitable. That's if its mutual.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by bixton(m): 8:49am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

I think love is blind at times but come to think of it, if you were in her shoe, what would you have done?

I would ask myself this question and act on it without giving thought:

Will his religion(faith) affect my relationship with God positively or negatively?

If I were to give in to thought :

Then I'll pick up my Bible and read from Genesis to Revelation while waiting for God's response
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2021
bixton:

I would ask myself this question and act on it without giving thought:

Will his religion(faith) affect my relationship with God positively or negatively?

If I were to give in to thought :

Then I'll pick up my Bible and read from Genesis to Revelation while waiting for God's response
It's easier said than done.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2021
nnamdiosu:

Deep.
Maybe that's why despite our short comings, God doesn't still give up on us..BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHO WE TRULY ARE.

Love was just the catalyst that spurned the change.
Nice write up ma
Thank you so much Sir.
Nice piece too.

1 Like

Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2021
lugo99:
J.O Fagunwa
No.
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo
grin
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 8:58am On Jan 17, 2021
sixtus3606:
You see here, LoveTalk; I am sure, base on your assertion; " or maybe sometimes people did not actually change. Maybe you just never knew who they really were .
"...you would have ended such relationship, without knowing the man is actually at a womanizing-giveup stage.

Be calming down ma.
Can I ask a question?
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Nawa oo. This one loud oo
And deep too
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
zedegit:

Change na change. The question should have been why not outright stopping instead of reduction.
I have reasons for the question too.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by zedegit: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

I have reasons for the question too.

Are you the one on your dp?
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2021
zedegit:

Can we relate?
Of course, we can.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by zedegit: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by skyreaper: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

The thing is some people will fake the change so as so to satisfy the other person.

There was a story I heard about a lady and a guy, the lady is a good Christian and the guy started going to church because of her, he told her that we are serving the same God that he converted to Christian and they dated for 3 years before they got married. In fact, the guy became dipper even more than the lady.

But unfortunately, the second day of the marriage, the guy brought out his praying kettle and told the lady that, for good 3 years I have served your God, now it is time for you to serve my own God too. He said that he must not see her in church never again.

He deceived her that he's changed but after he got what he wanted, he showed his through colour.

This world is full of deceit, if you know someone deeply just hold on to the person, don't go and be looking for trouble.
Please, quickly remind the name of this movie, I need it. Thanks
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by bixton(m): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

It's easier said than done.

Not for me especially those I give in to thoughts.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by Lanmonfishery(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
InfernoNig:
Yes. I reduced my womanizing habit and I am close to stopping it. grin
Weray guy�
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 10:06am On Jan 17, 2021
bixton:

Not for me especially those I give in to thoughts.

Okay oo

1 Like

Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2021
skyreaper:
Please, quickly remind the name of this movie, I need it. Thanks
In the beginning by Segun Arinze grin
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LoveTalk(f): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2021
zedegit:

Yes, any problem?
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by bixton(m): 10:11am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

Okay oo

Happy Sunday and welcome to a new week.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by zedegit: 10:12am On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

Nah. Drop your digits at: zedegit@hotmail.com
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by ultimateprof: 10:17am On Jan 17, 2021
To me humans change temporarily because it is very difficult to bend iron that is stiff already, that's why Bob Marley said that " time will tell ".
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by darlenese(f): 10:52am On Jan 17, 2021
Train up a child the way he should go, not an adult the Bible knows you can train or change an adult . It's a risky venture
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by niyidenrele: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2021
There is this common saying,
Two things will change man forever
1 the book you read
2 the people you met

Aside that , human behavior are just too complex and most times defies every rules and laws ...
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by Teleprompter(f): 11:32am On Jan 17, 2021
You can change if you really love a person but it has to come from within. If one person is trying to change another, it may not work.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by LordOfTheGame: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2021
Changing for a anyone is not really good especially if the person wouldn't value the sacrifice of your changes. Most people change to accommodate other's values or characters but in some cases, the receiver of the change gesture starts to take undue advantages or start to manipulate you because s/he thinks you're now in his/her palm to control.
Re: Can People Really Change If They Love Someone? by Banter1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
LoveTalk:

What happened?
Share it with us if you don't mind.
well, life happens, wasn't meant to be. Now married to another guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? / Men Stressed By Their High Earning Wives / I Finally Broke Up With Her (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.