Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic (10046 Views)

Why Are So Many Nigerian Girls Going Into Hookup / How Many Nigerian Women Can Do This (graphic Image) / Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

Ever heard the proverb that said a woman controls the home despite the man being the head, if you see a broken home, do proper investigation you would notice that at some point the woman made a mistake.
Some women feel too tired to cook or have sex, that's why you see married men patronize restaurants & hotels at nights, should they force her or rape her? The answer I believe is No.
Marriage isn't a fairy tale script but most women always think so, it's work.

You really need psychological help.

Why is the woman too tired? It's because the man isn't helping.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by SJay7(m): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2021
This thread is very unnecessary �

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

Were you there?

How can you be telling this lady her own experience when you weren't even there?

The lady is saying that her father didn't give her any advice and you're telling her that she just misunderstood?

You are mad.

Calm your rage, I don't quarrel with women neither do I like giving out insults to them because they can't handle them.
It's only a child that didn't live with his Father that can boldy say he didn't offer any support either morally or socially.
When you let the negative features of someone outweigh the positive ones, then you can never see anything good about that person, even if you do then you can't admit it.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:24am On Mar 10, 2021
SJay7:
yeah because it's for men.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2021
Jeon:

stop saying nonsense.
those things can't lead to failure in marriages. unless you want to.
It's ok, get married then try it and see if it favours you.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:
It's ok, get married then try it and see if it favours you.
yes, I will! and you see the double favours.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2021
Truvel:
It's Not Men's Duty. It's D Women's Duty. It's Only Lazy Women Dat Are Scared Of Such Cores. I Av Met Av Met Hardworking Women & Lazy Women Too. Some Their Kids Will Poo, D Poo Will Be There For Days. Some Can't Even Clean Their House. D House Is Always Like Where Mad People Live. Funny Enough, Many Of Dem Are Full-house Wives. So, It's Only Lazy Women Dat Are Scared Of Such Cores. Dat's Why Many Of Dem Get Housegirls. Any Woman Who Has Undergone Proper Home Training Won't Be Scared Of Such Cores.
If that's what you're saying then it's not the woman's duty to provide, but I'm sure you'd be more than happy if your wife went to work.

Why is ok for women to work but you don't think it's OK for men to do chores.

You keep saying that women are born with this trait, which they are not. They learn it just like they learn everything else. At this point you're just confirming that men are lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

You really need psychological help.

Why is the woman too tired? It's because the man isn't helping.

It's fine, don't quote me anymore.
I don't welcome insults & I am sorry if I insulted you
Do what you like & don't blame anyone.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2021
SJay7:

Why do you say that? Because you don't agree with it?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2021
Jeon:

yes, I will! and you see the double favours.
Do change that gender to the appropriate one, it's not easy to be a man, don't claim it.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:30am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

It's only a child that didn't live with his Father that can boldy say he didn't offer any support either morally or socially.
me and siblings can say this out anywhere
he left us in Lagos after school to another state 2years we did not see his message or call before the Lord.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

Calm your rage, I don't quarrel with women neither do I like giving out insults to them because they can't handle them.
When you let the negative features of someone outweigh the positive ones, then you can never see anything good about that person, even if you do then you can't admit it.

Why are you saying that because I've chosen to reply to you, I'm angry?

All I am saying is that you can't tell someone what they went through when you weren't there

If someone had more negative features than positive ones, why will you continue to focus on the few good things they do?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:31am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

Do change that gender to the appropriate one, it's not easy to be a man, don't claim it.
I'm a man and it's easy to be a man unless you making it hard for urself.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2021
among the human race black men seems to neglect and be toxic in marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jessepaid(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

That's just something that men have placed pressure on themselves.

I bought my house - myself
I bought my car - myself
I have a job

I wouldn't ask a man to buy these for me all himself is were both working.

Hehehe...

You don't sound married at all...

Even if you are married

You have just said your problem...

Your are meeting men that are not financially buoyant...

And thus when they ask you to to perform these duties you mention, you get mad because you think because they are not as rich as you or more than you, they should be under you and not the other way round...

I didn't want to mention you cuz normally ZZOR and ko keep on making threads like this just for clout..

If you are married, I suspect you earn way more than your husband..

If you are not married and you want to be,

Weda obi gi...

If you continue this way you will repel men ..
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

It's fine, don't quote me anymore.
I don't welcome insults & I am sorry if I insulted you
Do what you like & don't blame anyone.

I don't think I insulted you, but apologies if you feel this way.

You just seem to get upset if someone tells you that you are incorrect.

Men, it's OK to be wrong sometimes. Use it as a learning point and grow from it.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2021
Jessepaid:

Hehehe...

You don't sound married at all...

Even if you are married

You have just said your problem...

Your are meeting men that are not financially buoyant...

And thus when they ask you to to perform these duties you mention, you get mad because you think because they are not as rich as you or more than you, they should be under you and not the other way round...

I didn't want to mention you cuz normally ZZOR and ko keep on making threads like this just for clout..

If you are married, I suspect you earn way more than your husband..

If you are not married and you want to be,

Weda obi gi...

If you continue this way you will repel men ..

I have a man thank you for asking.

I'm not asking a man to be above or below me, all I'm saying is equality if we both have to work a similar hours and earn the same amount.

I don't earn way more than my husband. I just know that men now choose women who are less educated than them and earn less, so the man can retain control. Its sad.

Educate yourself ladies

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2021
Jeon:

me and siblings can say this out anywhere
he left us in Lagos after school to another state 2years we did not see his message or call before the Lord.
It's fine, I am sorry for that, you just have to be different to your children.
My Dad is actually worse than that, he left us & ran to the village for two & a half years, he never told us the reason but we knew there was. But he never for once kept us hungry at his own will because we do not take sides between himself & his wife courtesy of me despite all the bid of my mom to do so.
He's still my Father whether or not I like him, some were rejected on delivery but he took claim of us, abeg nothing dae the life bros, appreciate your dad, people own worse pass am.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jeon(f): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

It's fine, I am sorry for that, you just have to be different to your children.
My Dad is actually worse than that, he left us & ran to the village for two & a half years, he never told us the reason but we knew there was. But he never for once kept us hungry at his own will because we do not take sides between himself & his wife courtesy of me despite all the bid of my mom to do so.
He's still my Father whether or not I like him, some were rejected on delivery but he took claim of us, abeg nothing dae the life bros, appreciate your dad, people own worse pass am.
Pls don't remind me about the past you're making me crying now.
I don't want to think about the past.
it's better we stop here.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by LordKO(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2021
You're partly right, but then, you couldn't avoid being hypocritically disingenuous, which of course, is a major hallmark of everyone with persecutory delusion. A fair-minded person in your stead would have known that your observation isn't exclusively males/Nigeria males issue but a relatively modern generic issue being perpetrated by crass/self-absorbing and or opportunistic people, regardless of gender.

Well, on the menace, which isn't exclusive to a particular gender, blame it on the conscious normalization of abnormalities by a majority of the people - wannabe liberators and libertarians. It'll get worse provided that self-absorbing and opportunistic people are allowed to always infiltrate any ideological movement started by people who've noble cause or provided that sane but gullible people continue to embrace every nonsense ideological movement they initiated or support, and provided that there're gullible people who're genuinely victims of the shenanigans of this same self-absorbing and opportunistic people from both genders who pose as enlighteners.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

I don't think I insulted you, but apologies if you feel this way.

You just seem to get upset if someone tells you that you are incorrect.

Men, it's OK to be wrong sometimes. Use it as a learning point and grow from it.
So you mean "you are mad"
&
"You need psychological help" are not insults?,
I am not perfect but don't correct me by verbally abusing me.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Connected1: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2021
Jeon:

Pls don't remind me about the past you're making me crying now.
I don't want to think about the past.
it's better we stop here.
Don't run from your pasts, view them as a bridge you crossed because it will always affect your present & future
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

If that's what you're saying then it's not the woman's duty to provide, but I'm sure you'd be more than happy if your wife went to work.

Why is ok for women to work but you don't think it's OK for men to do chores.

You keep saying that women are born with this trait, which they are not. They learn it just like they learn everything else. At this point you're just confirming that men are lazy.
Yes, They Learn 4rm Their Mothers But Dat Inborn Strenght Or Power To Do It Or Be Consistent Is In Dem Except They Chose To Be Lazy. Some Mothers Or Parents Spoils Their Daughters By Not Allowing Dem To Do House Cores While Some Mothers Or Parents Allows Their Daughters Do But Probably Their Daughters Refused Or Took D Cores Granted. When They Got Married, They Started Having Difficulty In Cooking Or Doing House Cores. Av U Not Seen House Wives Who Do House Work & Still Go To Work B4?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2021
Connected1:

So you mean "you are mad"
&
"You need psychological help" are not insults?,
I am not perfect but don't correct me by verbally abusing me.

I wouldn't categorise them as insults, rather facts and suggestions.

Sorry that you feel triggered.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2021
Truvel:
Yes, They Learn 4rm Their Mothers But Dat Inborn Strenght Or Power To Do It Or Be Consistent Is In Dem Except They Chose To Be Lazy. Some Mothers Or Parents Spoils Their Daughters By Not Allowing Dem To Do House Cores While Some Mothers Or Parents Allows Their Daughters Do But Probably Their Daughters Refused Or Took It D Cores Granted. When They Got Married, They Started Having Difficulty In Cooking Or Doing House Cores.

I want to try and understand but it is simply not true.

In other countries, the girls and boys have to do chores equally and both do them well. It just seems to be in Nigeria, boys for some reason don't get taught this which then perpetuates your reasoning that it is somehow 'ingrained in women'

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2021
LordKO:
You're partly right, but then, you couldn't avoid being hypocritically disingenuous, which of course, is a major hallmark of everyone with persecutory delusion. A fair-minded person in your stead would have known that your observation isn't exclusively males/Nigeria males issue but a relatively modern generic issue being perpetrated by crass/self-absorbing and or opportunistic people, regardless of gender.

Well, on the menace, which isn't exclusive to a particular gender, blame it on the conscious normalization of abnormalities by a majority of the people - wannabe liberators and libertarians. It'll get worse provided that self-absorbing and opportunistic people are allowed to always infiltrate every ideological movement initiated by people with noble cause or provided that sane but gullible people continue to embrace every nonsense ideological movement they initiated or support, and provided that there're gullible people who're genuinely victims of the shenanigans of this same self-absorbing and opportunistic people from both genders who pose as enlighteners.

Can you share with me where you feel I've been Disingenuous?

While I agree it's not just Nigerian men, they do make up the majority of people I've fealty with. I'm only talking from experience.

You seem to be using a lot of words without actually saying a lot. Your 2 paragraphs could have been 2 sentences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Jessepaid(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

I have a man thank you for asking.

I'm not asking a man to be above or below me, all I'm saying is equality if we both have to work a similar hours and earn the same amount.

I don't earn way more than my husband. I just know that men now choose women who are less educated than them and earn less, so the man can retain control. Its sad.

Educate yourself ladies
did you just crawl out from under a rock.?

It's the norm...

To retain control over peope, most at times they need to be dependant on you for something..

It's normal and it happens everyday...

Why now making it a case Asif you just discovered fire...

Your boss at your office controls you because you are dependant on him for you means of livelihood..

As long as you have something that someone else needs, you can control them man or woman..

Once a woman starts making money, wahala go dey for house...

You won't understand sha..

It is always pointless trying to reason logically with a woman...

Madam free equality and enjoy your marriage..

Your husband has already been made the head of the family both biblically and socially..

You can never be equal to the head unless you become the head..

Just as you can't expect your CEO to perform operational and lower level functions in your organizations just because you want equality

He is the head and the king let him do as he Pleases...

If you no fit run am go and find a maid and then you invite insecurity and paranoia into your house too...
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

I want to try and understand but it is simply not true.

In other countries, the girls and boys have to do chores equally and both do them well. It just seems to be in Nigeria, boys for some reason don't get taught this which then perpetuates your reasoning that it is somehow 'ingrained in women'
In D Home, Boys Do Chores Too, Like Washing D Dirty Plates, Fetching Water Etc But It Will Be More Benefitial 4 D Girls Dan D Boys Because They Will Become Women Or Mothers Someday If They Can't Do Their Chores At Home As Girls, How Would They Be Able To Do So When They Get Married? Charity Begins At Home.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 11:02am On Mar 10, 2021
Jeon:

will be joy be there if the man is toxic?

This is not all about bashing male and female.

One thing i know is that if a woman meet a very sweet and caring man.... No body will tell her to even wash her man's " pant or boxers" , also when man see a very responsible and hard working woman no body will tell him to help his wife.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:

First off all, half of the points are the same point.

Sperm? Women provide the egg so that is anull point.

Fatherly care? Women in that case provide motherly care. Children are more likely to do well from single mothers than single fathers.

Secret keeper? Really? That one is the most nonsense.

I would say that women are the most logical of this thread is anything to go by.

Stop been biased...... You did not accept his own reason why men are important but u want him to accept yours?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2021
Jessepaid:
did you just crawl out from under a rock.?

It's the norm...

To retain control over peope, most at times they need to be dependant on you for something..

It's normal and it happens everyday...

Why now making it a case Asif you just discovered fire...

Your boss at your office controls you because you are dependant on him for you means of livelihood..

As long as you have something that someone else needs, you can control them man or woman..

Once a woman starts making money, wahala go dey for house...

You won't understand sha..

It is always pointless trying to reason logically with a woman...

Madam free equality and enjoy your marriage..

Your husband has already been made the head of the family both biblically and socially..

You can never be equal to the head unless you become the head..

Just as you can't expect your CEO to perform operational and lower level functions in your organizations just because you want equality

He is the head and the king let him do as he Pleases...

If you no fit run am go and find a maid and then you invite insecurity and paranoia into your house too...

Feel free to go and find your uneducated wife so that she looks up to you despite being an okada.

All in saying is that your pool in which to pick an uneducated woman is becoming increasing smaller.

Why are men not ambitious? Men should also become more educated. Maybe then they won't have to settle for women they can control because the women can't make their own money.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by thesolutions(m): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2021
HappyCreative:
Why do a lot of Nigerian men expect so much from females but bring nothing to the table.

A lot of men expect women, to cook, clean, take care of the kids, be educated, have a career but in return provide nothing?

I really don't get it.

Men need to take several seats
Men are Very Useless.

Oh! I love that movie-Conner Stone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Lost Him! What Do I DO Now Heartbroken / Please Why Do Most Nigerian Girls Have This Fish Like Smell Pussy? / Steamy Photos Of Flight Attendants That Would Make You Want To Board An Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.